What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » how to export sounds to formats? if you cannot then a suggestion :)

how to export sounds to formats? if you cannot then a suggestion :)
Author: Message:
mystical_aeon

O.P. how to export sounds to formats? if you cannot then a suggestion :)
i was wondering if its possible to export sounds you make into say a .wav or .mp3 or whatever really.

i got some cool sounds id like to put on my phone to play at college lol :P

i seen that you can export em to a sound pack file thingybob, but is there a way to get the sound frmo there maybe? i dunno whatever lol
06-06-2005 10:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: how to export sounds to formats? if you cannot then a suggestion :)
You can extract Plus! soundpacks to .mp3 files with Segosa's soundpack extractor1.0.2.

NCH Switch can convert .dat to .mp3 and other formats (.wav, .au, .ogg etc. - one file at a time or several at once), or just copy em elsewhere and rename em to .mp3 as Cookie suggested ;)

This post was edited on 06-06-2005 at 10:24 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
06-06-2005 10:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
And before anyone suggests it (without the proper warnings), let me say it right away:

The Messenger Plus! custom sounds, which are stored on your hard disk as .DAT files[*], are in a sense normal MP3 files already.

Just copy the .DAT file to another location and rename it to .MP3 and you can play it in all media players.

But beware: do NOT put them back in the Messenger Plus! Custom Sound directory by renaming them back to .DAT. The chance is very high that your media player will mess the file up (even just by playing it) and it will be rejected by the Messenger Plus! sound server!!! For this reason you also shouldn't open/play .DAT files directly in your media player either, copy them first to another location!

Also, you can't simply rename a MP3 file to .DAT and use it as a Custom Sound. The proper way and only way of turning a MP3 file to a .DAT file is by importing the MP3 by using the import function in Messenger Plus!'s Sound Library (even if it was a .DAT file before).

[*] In these directories (under normal non-restricted circumstances):

Windows XP/2000:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds\

Windows 98/ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds\

The directory is most likely hidden, so make the proper adjustments in your Windows Explorer to view hidden files and maps.

The filename of the .DAT files are actually the sound ID's used in Messenger Plus! itself (see your Messenger Plus! Sound Library > Select a sound > Edit Sound > Internal Sound Identifier)

;)

This post was edited on 12-06-2005 at 12:26 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-06-2005 10:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mystical_aeon

O.P. RE: how to export sounds to formats? if you cannot then a suggestion :)
i posted a reply asking where they were, then i realised you already said in fine print :D thanks anyways for your help :)
06-06-2005 10:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tartooob

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds\
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
You can extract Plus! soundpacks to .mp3 files with Segosa's soundpack extractor1.0.2.

NCH Switch can convert .dat to .mp3 and other formats (.wav, .au, .ogg etc. - one file at a time or several at once), or just copy em elsewhere and rename em to .mp3 as Cookie suggested ;)

Amazing ,, Thanks for both |^_^
02-16-2006 07:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: