What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Promote ONE in your signature

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
Promote ONE in your signature
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Promote ONE in your signature
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
I'd give to charity if i was able too and if i was sure it wouldnt go to those government peoples own pockets ... to solve poverty you need to eliminate corruption first, asif thats ever gonna happen huh?
Thats more of a problem here :-/ Ill tell you why.
I dont know how many ppl know but there was a huge quake on 26 Jan a few yrs back .... 2002 or 2001
And it was i think a 7 - 8 on the richter scale. Nearly 1 million lost their houses .... many lost their lives (i think around 60k)
Many countries donated money and food. There was only country that gave tents. High quality beautiful tents that can easily be set up by anyone. It was the need of the hour. My dad's friends family was in that region and for a few days there was no phone connection. So my dad drove out with his friend to see the condition there. He saw that the tents came in air crafts but never reached the people there :-/
Houses had collapsed and people were under the debri. Rescue workers would save the people then at night the officials were stealing the money and gold found under the debri cause the people whom this belonged to were in hospitals. People became millionaires over night and others lost everything .....
Everything could have been better if there was no corruption. In a perfect world i wouldnt mind giving to a charity cause id know my money would reach the needful. I remember when i donated money, clothes and water when there was a huge hurricane and there was no water to drink. All the students in my school brought a 2 litre pacakaged mineral water pet pack and gave it .... we saw pics that this stuff actually reached them cause our own teachers went accross the country for this.
In our colony we have a charitable group run not by just anybody but by the people of our neighbour hood. Cancer patients can live there and in times of problems we give whatever we can and our own parents goto the place to see to it that these stuff are dropped off the the needful.
Its not that all these companies pocket the money cause i have seen with my own eyes people who care and do such stuff. But people who are corrupt give everyone a bad name and hence comes a trust issue. In its absence i am sure everyone of us would do their part to our society.
Think of it ..... if there was no corruption wouldnt you do your bit for your community .... how ever little it mabbe. So i think the most apt thing is what Sunshine said. For charities to work properly .... corruption should be eliminated but as we all know that aint gonna happen in the real world :-/
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
07-08-2005 11:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend