What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Unofficial Plus Scripting Wiki

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Unofficial Plus Scripting Wiki
Author: Message:
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
O.P. Unofficial Plus Scripting Wiki
OK, I've been enjoying the pleasures of scripting since I got plus live, and I wanted to be able to share my experiences and make it even easier for people to get into scripting, so what I've done is set up a wiki that plus scripters can use to share code, examples, tutorials, useful functions and classes etc.

I've built in a <code> and <xml> tag to make entering your code nice, syntax highlighted and easy. :)

I've done my best to recreate some of the scripting docs and written a short tutorial on adding commands to a script, writing text files and to the registry.

EDIT:  Finally got the domain sorted out 8-)

http://mpwiki.net/

Comments and suggestions much appreciated!

This post was edited on 06-28-2006 at 07:25 PM by alexp2_ad.
06-25-2006 01:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MX-G

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Unofficial Plus Scripting Wiki
Nice, thats a great idea ^^
06-25-2006 01:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
MSscripts.net was already working on something simular, that's why I didn't put a tutorials section on the official scripts site. But they're still working on it. I just hope help doesn't get fragmented too much because all kinds of small help sites popping up everywhere.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
06-25-2006 01:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
i think both mpsounds and mpscripts are rather poorly designed, teh links/icons are incredibly small how can you expect anyone to know what they do and where to find them, this wiki is coming along great and has as much potential as any help site/forum and above all is completely publically available and editable and already has a great deal of information available in the wiki format.

In my opinion mpsounds and scripts should have much larger icons spanning along the top of the website or as you have it on the left but with much larger icons and possibly what it links to written on the image also, i suggest you think about ease of use (remember most internet users won't hunt for things if they aren't obvious and can't find what they want, its off to another site/search engine)

i hope you consider a small re-design on this issue

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 02:00 AM by aNILEator.
06-25-2006 01:53 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Unofficial Plus Scripting Wiki
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
MSscripts.net was already working on something simular, that's why I didn't put a tutorials section on the official scripts site. But they're still working on it. I just hope help doesn't get fragmented too much because all kinds of small help sites popping up everywhere.

Well I hope the same thing too, I think the point of plus scripts was to build a community effort and make it easier for new developers, and make it more open so people could share source easily.

I was unaware of any effort on your part, so clearly I couldn't have done anything to prevent myself from stepping on your toes as it were...

Anyway, I'm sure we've both put a deal of effort into our sites and if you want to work on something together, rather than just moaning I'm "fragmenting" things, then please fell free to let me know. :)
06-25-2006 02:00 AM
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Unofficial Plus Scripting Wiki
Sorry for the double post...

We finally got our domain sorted out and we're online for scripters to share (syntax highlighted) code, examples, tutorials etc with each other! :D

http://mpwiki.net/
06-28-2006 07:22 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
can you name a good page to start from?
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
06-28-2006 07:31 PM
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Unofficial Plus Scripting Wiki
Good page to start what from?  Scripting?  I haven't written any general getting started tutorials, but I probably will a little later.
06-28-2006 07:33 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
EDIT:  Finally got the domain sorted out

Finally. I still think this is a great idea. This is a place to share code, and ideas. In the testing forum we had a tips thread and some useful stuff was posted there and this should provide the same treatment.

As for mpscripts.net, it wasn't even finished, people just started posting randomly :P.
06-28-2006 07:34 PM
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Unofficial Plus Scripting Wiki
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
EDIT:  Finally got the domain sorted out

Finally. I still think this is a great idea. This is a place to share code, and ideas. In the testing forum we had a tips thread and some useful stuff was posted there and this should provide the same treatment.

As for mpscripts.net, it wasn't even finished, people just started posting randomly :P.

I was one of them!

Anyway, yup, a good place to just share code, as well as tips and such... if any testers want to retrieve said tips from the thread and post them on the wiki, please do! ;)
06-28-2006 07:36 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: