What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Pluslive - logging

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Pluslive - logging
Author: Message:
lysp

O.P. Pluslive - logging
Finally installed plus today.

One issue i've noticed which seems to be a reduction in options since the last version is the logging feature.

Previously i've logged all my conversations into a single text file email@address.txt.

Now there are options to put it in a directory based on date, or a directory based on email, but no option not to group them.

I like my logs to be in a single file with no splitting, for example if im trying to find an address/url/phone number has sent me i can look through one file instead of 1 file per month.

Is there any way to change this back to how it previously worked?

Also is there an option to turn the unicode saving off. All my conversations are in english and i dont need to save things in text files that are 3 times the size (due to the byte saving).

Thanks
06-25-2006 02:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
-_Majin_-

RE: Pluslive - logging
The problem I'm having is that the chat logger isn't saving ANY conversations, despite changing the settings, which I've grown tired of fooling around with. As well, several of my contacts have had the same problem and have decided to switch back to 7.5 with the previous version of Plus!.

Since I see no explanation on the forum on how to resolve this, I'll have to assume most people aren't going to bother with the new versions, or care whether or not it's explained later on. But it would be nice if someone could explain how to set the logging to work EXACTLY as it did with Plus! 3.6.
[Image: 5fcd4f15.jpg]
06-25-2006 03:29 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Rhalph

39 / – / –
Hi all!
I have switched from Msn Messenger 7.5 to Windows Live Messenger today, and updated Messenger Plus (by uninstalling/reinstalling it).

I have the same problem than Majin (who is banned ? ôO). Messenger Plus doesn't log anymore...
I've tried several things like changing the path where the files are stored, or changing the formats...

But it doesn't work. For a given contact (let's say guy@hotmail.com), the log file (guy@hotmail.com.txt) is created, but it remains empty. I cannot move it while this contact window is open, as if the file was locked. When I close the contact window, the file is deleted.

If I try to save the logs in the same directory than before (so, the old "guy@hotmail.com.txt" log file is already there), it creates a "guy@hotmail.com (2).txt" file when I open the contact windows, and this file of course remains empty. It is deleted when I close the contact windows. "guy@hotmail.com.txt" remains unchanged.

I also tried to use the html format, but it's the same problem (the files seem to be locked, and no log is written into them - they are deleted when closing the contact window).

So, anyone has an idea?

Thanks in advance :)

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 03:49 PM by Rhalph.
06-25-2006 03:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
folieadeux

42 / Female / –
RE: RE: Pluslive - logging
quote:
Originally posted by Rhalph
Messenger Plus doesn't log anymore...

No idea how to solve this, personally.  But I did want to add that I have this problem as well.  No logging seems to happen, including saving the events log.

I have reinstalled and changed the settings, but it doesn't seem to have an effect.

Hopefully there will be a solution soon! :)
06-25-2006 04:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Rhalph

39 / – / –
Wait... I have set my status to a custom one, and the automessage was not sent when someone talked to me!
And when I typed "/online" to get back online and to remove the custom status, my contact really received "/online", and my status was kept to "away".

I wonder if the problem doesn't only concern the message logs... Maybe Messenger Plus is inactive ? I mean, none of the features seem to work, the only thing is that there IS a "Plus!" menu in my Live Messenger windows, I can use the menus, but the behavior of Windows Live Messenger doesn't seem to be modified by Messenger Plus...

Edit: ok, it seems related to this post. I'm going to post there...

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 05:23 PM by Rhalph.
06-25-2006 05:09 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
DeatzoSeol

I have the same chatlog issue as Lysp and I hope it can be solved as soon as possible :-s

I also like to know whether there is a possibility to save logs both as plain text and as XHTML...
(And, too, how to split WLM-chatlog-XMLs for archivation?)

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 01:05 PM by DeatzoSeol.
06-26-2006 12:42 PM
~*McoreD*~

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lysp
Previously i've logged all my conversations into a single text file email@address.txt.

Now there are options to put it in a directory based on date, or a directory based on email, but no option not to group them.

I like my logs to be in a single file with no splitting, for example if im trying to find an address/url/phone number has sent me i can look through one file instead of 1 file per month.

That's not necessary. Use Windows Explorer Search to get your job done.

Type your keyword in "A word or phrase in the file" and search in My Chat Logs. :)
Don’t say CD’s to say more than one CD. It is CDs.
A 200 GB hard disk has capacity for 186 GiB of data
International standard date notation is YYYY-MM-DD
06-26-2006 02:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
DeatzoSeol

So actually, there isn't a way of not to group conversations by date?:@:S:(+o((N)
Okay, can then anyone please please please write a script for it...

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 03:32 PM by DeatzoSeol.
06-26-2006 03:31 PM
~*McoreD*~

39 / Male / Flag
DeatzoSeol, bottom left listBox, titled "Current Log's Sessions" is for that I guess.
Don’t say CD’s to say more than one CD. It is CDs.
A 200 GB hard disk has capacity for 186 GiB of data
International standard date notation is YYYY-MM-DD
06-26-2006 03:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
DeatzoSeol

Ok thx:), but I don't have the XHTML-log, I use plain-text... and even plain text is archived by date (which is very unuseful for me)... :-(

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 04:10 PM by DeatzoSeol.
06-26-2006 04:09 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: