What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Personal Status Bugs

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Personal Status Bugs
Author: Message:
GoodThings2Life

Make GoodThings2Life a Paradigm!

44 / Male / –
O.P. Personal Status Bugs
Greetings!

I'm a new member here, so this is my first real post... but I have been HAPPILY using Plus! since 2001! :)

I have installed an unpatched copy of WLM 8.0.0792 and MPL 4.0 last night, and I'd like to report 4 minor bugs...

1. Personalized Status List - It would be nice if the list was sorted alphabetically, or at the very least, there should be an option to sort it alphabetically. This is more of an organizational preference than a bug.

2. Personalized Status List - Last item on list is cut off, see attached screenshot.

3. Personalized Status List - When using a TabletPC's TIP to insert text into the Auto-Respond text box, the insertion is extremely slow (about 1 character per 1.5 seconds, rather than instant like with all other text boxes). I would be happy to test a fix since I realize not many will have a TabletPC to test with. This isn't a big issue, since I can still type it manually without an issue, but I use my Tablet mode a lot with WLM's Ink support, and Tablet's are becoming much more popular recently.

4. I've also experienced the previously reported concerns about switching to a personal status and then returning to Online status only to have it keep the extra status tags in the name or personalized message. My experiences have indicated that it happens most often when a connection has been interrupted and the account automatically signs back in. Once you sign in, Plus seems to keep the changed setting knowing that it was the "original" name tags at signon. The other cases, again in my experience, suggest that sometimes there is simply a lag between the time that Plus sends the name change and Messenger service's response in changing it. Hopefully that will clear the issue up for some people.

I'll report anything else I find in appropriate threads or start appropriate threads if necessary, but for now I want to say THANK YOU to Patchou for a job very well done (as always)!

.jpg File Attachment: Plus_Bug.jpg (39.96 KB)
This file has been downloaded 298 time(s).

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 10:06 PM by GoodThings2Life.
Regards,
Aaron M. Hall
"Some people WISH IT COULD happen,
Some people THINK IT WILL happen,
Some people MAKE IT happen..."
06-25-2006 08:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Personal Status Bugs
Thank you for reporting those problem, I'll try to work on that for a future update :). About the problem you're experiencing writing with a tablet PC: can you confirm it only happens in the personalised status window and nowhere else in the problem?

Thanks.
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-25-2006 08:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
GoodThings2Life

44 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Personal Status Bugs
Thanks for the update... I'll check this out and let you know for sure.
OK, it doesn't seem to happen with password related or chat-log related boxes, but for all of the boxes for general entry it does.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Aaron M. Hall
06-25-2006 09:33 PM
sykopat

Gordon Freeman ate my homework.

43 / Male / –
With the new Windows Live Messenger and MSGPlus 4.0 the name tags always get stuck when changing from a personalized status and back to one of the standard ones. This didn't happen in older versions unless logging, or getting logged, off while using one of the personalized statuses.

Also, if I use a personal message with the personalized status, the original message doesn't return after changing back. Instead the message field remains blank, saying <Please type a personal message>

Hopes this makes sense :)
-SykoPat
06-26-2006 03:03 AM
GoodThings2Life

44 / Male / –
I don't want to completely disagree, but I have not experienced that result. When I set my status to a personal status and then back to "Online" it returns to the online state as expected.
Regards,
Aaron M. Hall
06-26-2006 08:15 PM
jokinau

44 / Male / –
I have to partly agree with sykopat. I'll try to give some explanations to try to aid Patchou:
If I'm using a personalized status, that sets status to AWAY and adds name tags, if later I change my status to a standard AWAY, nothing happens and it doesn't remove those name tags. But if I change to BUSY it does remove them. :S

Was that clear? 8-|

Note: Using last WLM and MPL, I checked one hour ago ;)
06-27-2006 02:13 PM
GoodThings2Life

44 / Male / –
Question from my point of view... are you guys referring to changing "NAME TAGS" or "PERSONAL MESSAGE" ? Because I'm referring to the Personal Message which seems to be working sufficiently well based on the conditions I mentioned above. :) Maybe this will clear up confusion...
Regards,
Aaron M. Hall
06-27-2006 08:34 PM
jokinau

44 / Male / –
I meant "NAME TAGS" as I tried to state as clearly as I could....
:$

cheers!
06-27-2006 09:20 PM
GoodThings2Life

44 / Male / –
Indeed you did... and so did SykoPat... but Pat also mentioned that something was wrong with the Personal Messages, but every test I've done indicates the Personal Messages are working exactly as they should... I've played around tonight with Name Tags, and I agree now-- they're not quite working as they should.
Regards,
Aaron M. Hall
06-28-2006 01:41 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by sykopat
With the new Windows Live Messenger and MSGPlus 4.0 the name tags always get stuck when changing from a personalized status and back to one of the standard ones
This could also be due to server issues.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-28-2006 11:30 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: