What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Send on Signin v1.50.03

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
[Release] Send on Signin v1.50.03
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.02
ok the way to do this is just like in gradient script you have a list of all your contacts, and you set a message, as with my gradient groups suggestion what you could do is allow users to create "Greeting groups" so people in those groups get greeted one way while people in another are greeeted differently, and yes a default message for undefined, but you will need a UI for this to work, couldnt Jay Jay maybe help with the UI?
08-13-2006 11:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.02
Thanks for the idea.  I thought this script was just about dead and buried :P.  Once I sort this out for one of the scripts it will be easy to do for the other.  I'm starting to make some ideas on how I'm going to go about it but I think it will be a while before I perfect it.  I'd like to make sure that this feature works very well before releasing it because I'm sure there will be other script that will implement it too.

Btw, a UI isn't too much effort, I don't really need Jay_Jay for it but I'm just to lazy to do it for myself :P
[Image: markee.png]
08-13-2006 12:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
really how easy is it to do a UI then? cause i wouldnt mind doing a UI to get used to how there done but obviously i am not too sure how to get started etc not to mention how do you code it to the script.

EDIT: i had a go at trying to cut and paste extracts from other scripts into the necesarry files required to build a UI however my attempt ended in absolute failure and i am out of ideas, if the window designer was built this would have been easy i reckon.

This post was edited on 08-13-2006 at 02:23 PM by stuartbennett.
08-13-2006 12:43 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
The UI is simple once you start getting use to a few basics of it.  I didn't mean it was easy for starting to do it from the start :P  The harder side of it I think  is the scripting to make it all work.  I've still had to do all the scripting with Gradient including the things that go with the UI so it isn't too much for me.  Have fun with your attempts though, you'll get there soon when you start to understand it all.
08-13-2006 10:08 PM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
Nice work. Keep it up!
08-14-2006 01:36 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Nice script, I'm still using it. :)
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
08-14-2006 02:14 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Ok, well I have made an update for the scripting comp.  At lest this time when I (re-)coded it I knew what I was doing (I now have a window but have less lines of code [Image: msn_confused.gif]) See the first post for all the info on it .  I hope you all keep using it.
12-19-2006 03:01 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.50
ok sorry to say this but after download v1.5 and importing it it tells me i cannot run it, i think there must be a coding error somewhere.
12-19-2006 07:40 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.50
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
ok sorry to say this but after download v1.5 and importing it it tells me i cannot run it, i think there must be a coding error somewhere.

Thanks for telling me, it should run now.  I can't believe I missed the quotes, and missed the syntax error in the debug.  I was rushed because I wanted to get to bed an people had been continually talking all night, it is all my fault thouh and I'm yet again sorry for releasing a dodgy script.
12-20-2006 12:27 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Send on Signin v1.50
its ok markee i can easily understand how these things happen. thanks markee the script loads fine now but the apply and save buttons of the preferences window don't work, cancel button works though so present the script cant store anything.

This post was edited on 12-20-2006 at 06:03 AM by stuartbennett.
12-20-2006 05:59 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: