What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Updated] Live Notifier V1.10 (formerly Convo Notifier)

Pages: (47): « First « 17 18 19 20 [ 21 ] 22 23 24 25 » Last »
3 votes - 3.33 average   [Updated] Live Notifier V1.10 (formerly Convo Notifier)
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Updated] Live Notifier V1.10 (formerly Convo Notifier)
quote:
Originally posted by taca
I've looked up the code, and I can't see the bit thats responds to the event when someone adds you from his/her contact list.
Because that is not included in the script...

Everything from the packet sniffing to the displaying of toasts is done with the use of an external DLL file. You have no access to its source...

----

If you want to make your own sniffing code and react on recieved packets and do your own stuff, you're better of using Pai's ActiveX Xniff sniffer and make your own "open session notifier" as shown in that thread.

You need to alter Pai's script and add the code which checks if the data packet is an inventation (study the messenger protocol[*] to know which data packet that is and how it is constructed: the asynchronous command "ADL" if I recall correctly).

Once you have that you will need other not-so-easy-code to poll and check for the "this contact wants to add you" window and send a message to that window...

quote:
Originally posted by taca
The reason is that I want to do some script that autoaccept the invitation when someone adds you.
instead of making a script which does that, why not simply uncheck the two options in Messenger: Tools > Options > Privacy

[*] http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/index.php  (site is not updated in a long time so it doesn't contain all the ins and outs of the new protocol versions, though it will give you the most detailed explanation there is to find)
http://msnpiki.msnfanatic.com/ (has some (more up to date) info too but not quite as much as on hypothetic.org)

This post was edited on 09-04-2006 at 12:32 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-04-2006 12:05 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
gosrc

RE: RE: [Updated] Live Notifier V1.10 (formerly Convo Notifier)
please somebody help me... when i want to install the convo notifier, it appears a message that says Error the destination directory for the scrips couldn't be created

what should I do??
09-04-2006 07:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dave

33 / Male / Flag
does this appear after you have clicked the i accept the risk and install it button?
PC Model: HP dv9340ea
WLM version: 14
MP!L version: 4.81
09-04-2006 07:29 AM
aunwit

– / Male / –
am i the only one who cant get this working at all? and when i say not working, i mean...it installs fine...but toasts dont appear...i never get notified...its as if its not installed on my computer...

im using the other Open Notifier script, which works fine for me...but im just wondering why this one wont work?

thanks...pz/
09-04-2006 08:07 AM
Dave

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by aunwit
am i the only one who cant get this working at all? and when i say not working, i mean...it installs fine...but toasts dont appear...i never get notified...its as if its not installed on my computer...

im using the other Open Notifier script, which works fine for me...but im just wondering why this one wont work?

thanks...pz/

are you trying to use live notifier or convo notifier?

This post was edited on 09-04-2006 at 08:10 AM by Dave.
09-04-2006 08:10 AM
Zeh

DC 4 EVER!

35 / Male / –
Well Live notifier works fine for me. It shows people who open my chat window fine. The other notifys that the script can make I don't know. Never tested...
You could open the Live notifier folder and see if all dlls are there. BotDkLive.dll, CNSettings.dll and LiveNotifier.dll. If they are all in place try removing the script, closing messenger, see if the live notifier folder was completly deleted, downloading again, and importing again.
[Image: Zeh.png][Image: x copy.jpg]
| Windows Live Messenger Beta Tester | Windows Live Mail Beta Tester |
09-04-2006 08:15 AM
aunwit

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Zeh
Well Live notifier works fine for me. It shows people who open my chat window fine. The other notifys that the script can make I don't know. Never tested...
You could open the Live notifier folder and see if all dlls are there. BotDkLive.dll, CNSettings.dll and LiveNotifier.dll. If they are all in place try removing the script, closing messenger, see if the live notifier folder was completly deleted, downloading again, and importing again.

i've done that about 10 times already...did it again...and still nothing...must be my computer? or the version of wlm im using? i'm using 8.0.0792.00...

thanks for the responses...
09-04-2006 08:27 AM
Dave

33 / Male / Flag
does the live notifier menu appear when u click on the MP!L logo on the contact list page?
09-04-2006 08:30 AM
aunwit

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Dave
does the live notifier menu appear when u click on the MP!L logo on the contact list page?

no it does not...should it?
09-04-2006 08:32 AM
Dave

33 / Male / Flag
if you are using live notifier, not convo notifier then yes, it should.  Jsut check - is the live notifier checkbox ticked on the scripts page in the messenger plus preferences panel?
09-04-2006 08:35 AM
Pages: (47): « First « 17 18 19 20 [ 21 ] 22 23 24 25 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: