What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021)

Pages: (19): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 15 » Last »
[Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021)
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016)
quote:
Originally posted by brwarner
Hey, I've been looking for an option but could never find it, assuming it exists. I have a countdown counting to a certain date (July 29th, Stargate Continuum :) ) but due to the fact that I set the timer to the beginning of the day ( around 8:00am ) the days are one less because it counts the rest in hours, however; my countdown doesn't use hours and as a result on the last day before the 29th - my counter will say 0 days remain. I there anyway to activate rounding up?
So when it is 7am your countdown will still say "1 day"?.... I find that far less logical than "0 days" though.

Also, 'unit skipping' doesnt work the way you explained or think it works. It isn't used for roudning down/up things. It is used to convert big untis into smaller units. Like your "1 day 22 hours -> 26 hours" example. That isn't rounding up, that is simply adding the 24 hours of the day to the hours unit.

However, what you can do is simply make another timer the day before, counting in only hours....

Or use unit grouping (thus putting the days between "{d:" and "}") so that "0 days" wont be shown anymore when there are less than 24 hours left.

This post was edited on 07-22-2008 at 09:24 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-22-2008 09:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
brwarner

Well for example here's my options:

%d %dw = 6 days <- THis is what I have set
%d %dw %h %hw = 6 days 14 hours <- What it would look like with hours enabled

The hours do not round into the days, hence my message implies there are 6 days left till release (July 28) when really its on the 29th
07-22-2008 09:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
As I said, this would result in showing your countdown as "1 day left" when there is only 1 hour left! This is far more wrong than what you would have now ("0 days left").

The best thing you can do is to make another countdown 1 day before the event, showing everything in just hours.

Because what you suggest to do is realy realy realy wrong ;) Imagine if I would use only years in the countdown? It would show "1 year left" when my event is just 5 minutes away for example....

---

PS: since you only want to display the amount of days, why don't you set the target date a day later then it realy is? In that way you have exactly what you want (showing "1 day left" at 7am at the 29th). You could even add the word "less than" to make it slightly a bit more accurate ("less than 1 day left" at 7am, the 29th).

This post was edited on 07-22-2008 at 09:37 PM by CookieRevised.
07-22-2008 09:31 PM
brwarner

Good point, I just added hours to the timer and used the braces for days.
07-22-2008 09:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
SmokingCookie

30 / Male / Flag
Errr.. I've found a small error in Dutch.xml (OK, rather detail, but still an error :P ):

In Error "DownLangsVersion", the word "wou" is slang (or: "spreektaal"), I think it should be "wilde"? :P

EDIT::

And the title of "TagsDeleteFailed" is still English :P

This post was edited on 08-05-2008 at 07:54 AM by SmokingCookie.
08-05-2008 07:33 AM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016)
quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
In Error "DownLangsVersion", the word "wou" is slang (or: "spreektaal"), I think it should be "wilde"? :P
According to this page on taaladvies.net, "wou" is less used in writing language then "wilde" but therefore not incorrect. In my opinion, "wou" sounds better than "wilde", so I cba to change the translation just for that. If you prefer to use "wilde", who am I to stop you from modifying the translation and change every "wou" into "wilde"? :P
quote:
And the title of "TagsDeleteFailed" is still English :P
Is it? I think I'll have to take a look at that. But the internet is so slow here at our hotel in Madeira... I can't even connect to my own web server!
But if I manage to get onto my server, I'll update the Dutch translation. ;)

EDIT: Okay, this sucks. It seems that I forgot the password for the root account on the FTP server, which I need because the account on the subdomain only can't upload files properly anymore. Because of this, I am not able to upload the updated Dutch translation to the FTP folder with the language files for the languages downloader.
SmokingCookie: Give me a reminder when I get back home to upload the fixed translation please! :)

This post was edited on 08-05-2008 at 05:00 PM by Matti.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
08-05-2008 04:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016)
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
quote:
According to this page on taaladvies.net, "wou" is less used in writing language then "wilde" but therefore not incorrect. In my opinion, "wou" sounds better than "wilde", so I cba to change the translation just for that. If you prefer to use "wilde", who am I to stop you from modifying the translation and change every "wou" into "wilde"? :P
Correct, but that is also the thing which is wrong :p You shouldn't use "speaking" language for things like that but "writing/reading" language; "wilde" is in this context the most correct form. ;)

"Wou" also comes from an old, less used, verb, while "wilde" is far more modern language.

* CookieRevised gives SmokingCookie some faster tubez (only to be used in hotel) and a reminder ticket...

This post was edited on 08-05-2008 at 09:25 PM by CookieRevised.
08-05-2008 09:23 PM
SmokingCookie

30 / Male / Flag
Languages.. My stronger part (let's not talk about Maths :P ).

Oh and thanks for the faster tubez and the reminder ticket ;) :P

@Matti:

Uhh.. I'll try :P

But with CookieRevised's remider ticket, it'll be okay :P

This post was edited on 08-06-2008 at 06:52 AM by SmokingCookie.
08-06-2008 06:50 AM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016)
Good news! After some trial and error, I managed to remember the root user name and password again! :D
The updated Dutch translation is uploaded, you can find it in the Download Languages window. It has also the "wou" changed into "wilde" (there was only one occurrence, so I decided to change it after all).
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
08-07-2008 09:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
Good news! After some trial and error, I managed to remember the root user name and password again! :D
The updated Dutch translation is uploaded, you can find it in the Download Languages window. It has also the "wou" changed into "wilde" (there was only one occurrence, so I decided to change it after all).
How about the other bugs :(???
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
08-07-2008 01:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (19): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 15 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: