What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021)

Pages: (19): « First « 8 9 10 11 [ 12 ] 13 14 15 16 » Last »
[Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021)
Author: Message:
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016)
When you select the option to be able to put (!CD1) into your name and for it to work there is a bug...

It works originally, like i entered..
EDDiE :) (!CD1) (H)

But then after the countdown refreshes, it becomes
EDDiE :) (!CD1) and erases anything placed after the countdown.
...there used to be a signature here :)
08-09-2008 07:27 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
SmokingCookie

30 / Male / Flag
Perhaps CDL doesn't store your nickname after the countdown tag?
08-09-2008 08:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016)
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
How about the other bugs :(???
You mean the thing where it says "Log Manager"? That's a hard-coded error message in the language script file which I appear to have copy-pasted from Log Manager. I'll try to remember it when I get back home on Monday...
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
When you select the option to be able to put (!CD1) into your name and for it to work there is a bug...

Hmm, that's something odd. I'll have a look at it when I get back. Although, please keep in mind that this feature is experimental, and not tested in all possible cases, so these things can happen. But it's good when you report them: then I can fix those features and eventually take them out from the experimental section. :)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
08-09-2008 06:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
quote:
You mean the thing where it says "Log Manager"? That's a hard-coded error message in the language script file which I appear to have copy-pasted from Log Manager. I'll try to remember it when I get back home on Monday...
Remember to repair the translation tool too... :(
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
08-09-2008 06:53 PM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie

Hmm, that's something odd. I'll have a look at it when I get back. Although, please keep in mind that this feature is experimental, and not tested in all possible cases, so these things can happen. But it's good when you report them: then I can fix those features and eventually take them out from the experimental section. :)
Apologies, i didn't actually realise that this was an experimental feature :/ Not sure how i missed that but yeah, its a very nice feature and hope you get it to work successfully soon! :)
...there used to be a signature here :)
08-10-2008 09:22 AM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016)
NOTE: Since the new Messenger Plus! Live version was released (v4.70), you might get update notifications from Plus! itself to install Countdown Live 2.1.015 while you already have 2.1.016 installed. This is because I currently can't provide an update for the scripts database, please ignore this update warning. I will release an updated version soon after I get back in Belgium.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
08-10-2008 04:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Phazeus

A slight problem here:

Using 2.1.016 version of Countdown Live

I have a countdown set for Thursday 09/04/2008, and the tag format is {td:{y: %y %yw}{m: %m %mw} %d %dw},{ts:{h: %h %hw}{n: %n %nw} %s %sw}. However, the Countdown currently reads as "1 month 23 days, 23 hours 6 minutes 24 seconds" which would be inaccurate as 4th Sept is less than a month away. However, after some testing, I found out that setting the countdown to 10/04/2008 with the same tag would read fine with 1 month 22 days. Would anyone care to enlighten me if there is anything wrong with the tag I am using, or is it a bug?

Thanks!
08-10-2008 04:56 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
NOTE: Since the new Messenger Plus! Live version was released (v4.70), you might get update notifications from Plus! itself to install Countdown Live 2.1.015 while you already have 2.1.016 installed. This is because I currently can't provide an update for the scripts database, please ignore this update warning. I will release an updated version soon after I get back in Belgium.
This situation is exactly why the new tags exist. You can perfectly provide higher (beta) versions on the forum than what is listed in the database.

The only thing you need to do is add the proper tags to your ScriptInfo.xml file of the version on your private site.

So, if you add the following tags to the beta script, people will not get an update message since the <buildnumber> tag is higher than the one listed in the DB (well, there is no buildnumber tag in the script on the DB yet, so it will be ignored for auto-updating):

<UpdateID>MA_CDL</UpdateID>
<BuildNumber>21016</BuildNumber>

Increase <buildnumber> with each new version you make (including beta versions!)... Once you find that the beta can be made public, you simply send it to the DB (again with a higher <buildnumber> of course).

Note, the value I used here for <UpdateID> can be choosen by you. It must be an unique value for this script. No other script may exist with that same value. I simply used MA_CDL comming from Mattike, CountDown Live. Once you've choosen this id and have send your script to the DB, it can not be changed anymore.

Read all about the new tags here.

You _must_ update either the file on the DB with these new tags, or the file on your personal site. Otherwise, the auto-update download will be disabled for your script.

This post was edited on 08-11-2008 at 07:35 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-11-2008 04:34 AM
SmokingCookie

30 / Male / Flag
@CookieRevised:

<UpdateID>MACDL</UpdateID>..

The ID should be 6-8 chars long (yours is 5) :P

MACDL0 or something should make do.

And your sig is outdated (MsgPlus 4.60 or 4.70? :P )

This post was edited on 08-11-2008 at 07:37 AM by SmokingCookie.
08-11-2008 07:29 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
@CookieRevised:

<UpdateID>MACDL</UpdateID>..

The ID should be 6-8 chars long (yours is 5) :P

MACDL0 or something should make do.
gah... stupid restrictions......

fixed in post, thx
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-11-2008 07:34 AM
Pages: (19): « First « 8 9 10 11 [ 12 ] 13 14 15 16 » Last »