What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Status on the contact`s nickname

[Request] Status on the contact`s nickname
Author: Message:
Firehalk

(Nicholas)

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Request] Status on the contact`s nickname
Well, I dont remember in what version of messenger it existed, but some version ago on my contact list the status of the user used to appear at his nickname (something like: Richard (Busy), while now it is just Richard).

Is there a way to put it back?
08-31-2006 08:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: [Request] Status on the contact`s nickname
Yes, with Mess patch (you can find and download it from Mess.be)

But I agree, if this will be possible with a script, it would be much better... What I do not like about mess patch, is that it really shows the status as if it is part of contact's name (in black color, between brackets behind his real nick). With Script it would be possible to use Plus! color codes to make it grey (as it should be), and you would be able to easily switch the feature off, if you don't like it.
08-31-2006 08:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Firehalk

(Nicholas)

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Request] Status on the contact`s nickname
Yes, that's why I think will be pretty useful if someone create a script to do such a thing.

It's not that hard I think, just capture the user status (there is a cmd that do that if I remember) and then print it in some gray color behind the contact's nickname.

The problem is that I don't know the language to script, so I think it's better I keep my mouth closed.
08-31-2006 09:58 PM
Jesus
Scripting Contest Winner

Koffie, my cat ;)

37 / Male / Flag
the status is easy to get. the biggest problem will be in putting it after the contact's name...

If plus!'s far-superior-to-WLM's-silly-attempt-for-custom-names feature would return, with scripting options ofcourse, this will be a lot easier.
08-31-2006 11:02 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Request] Status on the contact`s nickname
quote:
Originally posted by Pure_BY
Yes, with Mess patch (you can find and download it from Mess.be)

But I agree, if this will be possible with a script, it would be much better... What I do not like about mess patch, is that it really shows the status as if it is part of contact's name (in black color, between brackets behind his real nick). With Script it would be possible to use Plus! color codes to make it grey (as it should be), and you would be able to easily switch the feature off, if you don't like it.
If you use messpatch for this, the status is shown as it is shown because that is how messpatch has made it to be shown.

In other words, if you want to show the status differently (grey color, after the name) you need to alter the resources of Messenger yourself, just as messpatch does, but instead of using the layout messpatch uses, use your own layout.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-31-2006 11:42 PM
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: [Request] Status on the contact`s nickname
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevisedIf you use messpatch for this, the status is shown as it is shown because that is how messpatch has made it to be shown.

In other words, if you want to show the status differently (grey color, after the name) you need to alter the resources of Messenger yourself, just as messpatch does, but instead of using the layout messpatch uses, use your own layout.

Well, I believe you that this is possible, but the problem is that I'm really not that advanced user... :) If it can be changed with Resourse Hacker, I can try (if you tell me, how :P), but I'm no expert in other complicated tools and file editors...
09-01-2006 08:45 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Pure_BY
Well, I believe you that this is possible, but the problem is that I'm really not that advanced user... :) If it can be changed with Resourse Hacker, I can try (if you tell me, how :P), but I'm no expert in other complicated tools and file editors...
Yep you need to change it using a program like Resource Hacker (in fact this is also the exact same thing what MessPatch and A-Patch does for things like this: they edit the resources)...

I need to lookup the correct locations myself though, can't help you with that atm.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-01-2006 02:54 PM
Firehalk

(Nicholas)

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Request] Status on the contact`s nickname
Cookie, no rush, but when you have time please take a look at that for us.

We will appreciate that.

Thanks!
09-01-2006 10:09 PM
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Firehalk
Cookie, no rush, but when you have time please take a look at that for us.

We will appreciate that.

Thanks!
Yes! We would :)
09-02-2006 12:43 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: