What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Winamp Media v1.4

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
[Release] Winamp Media v1.4
Author: Message:
phalanxii

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Release] Winamp Media v1.4
23 SEPTEMBER 2006
- WINAMP MEDIA -
VERSION 1.4

Heaps of credit to -dt- who created the Winamp object (in his "Music now playing") and the "setNowPlaying" function!

This is not the most original script, but I myself find it very useful. It adds support for the "What I'm Listening To" for Winamp (tested for 5.24). I'm aware that there are many plugins and patches that can already do this, but none of them function the way I require. This script does not require any plugin in Winamp.

Features:
  • Winamp support for "What I'm Listening To"
  • Internet radio support for "What I'm Listening To" (with a filter ¹)
  • "ninemsn digital music downloads" support for when link is clicked
  • Reversable media message (Title - Artist or Artist - Title)
  • Customisable media message (with title, artist, album and year)
  • Status options for when to display the message (playing, paused and/or stopped)
  • Priority options for compatibility with other media changing scripts ²
  • File extension filter (useful to disable message when video is playing)
  • Configuration window for ease of use (hover your mouse over the options to get help on how to use them)
¹ Filter can be edited in the script; the filter currently removes urls, connection data (like "[ICY 200 OK]"), bracketed words (radio station) and "requested by ___" (for my own needs :D)
² None priority is identical to Windows Media Player (changes one time when media is changed); low priority changes only when no other media is present; medium priority (default) changes when other media is present, but not when the Winamp song is blank; high priority changes when other media is present, even if Winamp song is blank

This script is quite complex. First of all, it takes the information from the ID3 tag. If the ID3 tag does not exist (internet radio, midi files) or is blank (untitled music), it will take information from the string given directly by Winamp.

If even after that, there is no title or artist, it will replace it with "Unknown Title", etc. These "unknown" strings can be changed inside the script (Settings.js). The separator (default is " - ") can also be changed there.

The priority option simply ensures that there is no big clash between other scripts, such as AppMon+ or Countdown Live.

Currently, I don't know how to make it support Asian characters, however it can support accented characters, etc. (if Winamp can display it, then so can the script). Also, I don't know how to make it not display when video is played. Any help in these areas would be good.

Feel free to ask questions on how to use it (it's not that hard to understand :S) and post some comments and feedback.

Update Version 1.4 - updated meta info functions to -dt-'s latest "Music now playing"; included custom tags for track number and genre; fixed a "low priority" bug
Update Version 1.3 - added custom separator (default is " - "); added custom "unknown" words (for when WM is unable to retrieve song details); changed configuration window layout; fixed priority code (bug free, but a little slow with updating, though this won't make a difference as your contacts receive the message slow as well)
Update Version 1.2 - added file extension filter (to disable video), fixed up priority slightly (still a bit buggy), fixed up configuration window
Update Version 1.1 - added "none" priority, configurable refresh delay, preview in configuration window!
Update Version 1.03 - changed format tags to avoid confusion and be identical to WMP (use {0}, {1}, {2} and {3} instead), makes event log look neater as if running from WMP; increased check delay to reduce lag :S; optimised code slightly
Update Version 1.01 - minor bug fix (still works without it); added more internet radio filters

.plsc File Attachment: Winamp Media v1.4.plsc (10.48 KB)
This file has been downloaded 615 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-23-2006 at 06:52 AM by phalanxii.
09-14-2006 06:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Winamp Media (v1.01)
Goodbye Toaster... good riddance!
Hello WA Media!
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
09-14-2006 11:20 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
DeLaVega

36 / Male / Flag
You've got a major problem in there, after I installed it worked fine but then I noticed something was wrong. WLM's process was hogging more than 200 Mb of Ram and it kept growing. It stopped after I disabled your script (disabled all of my scrips 1 for 1 to make sure wich one was causing the problem). WLM returned to the normal 60Mb after I restarted it.
[Image: DeLaVega.png]
09-14-2006 10:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
DarkMe

Thx ins4ne for my av :p

31 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by DeLaVega
You've got a major problem in there, after I installed it worked fine but then I noticed something was wrong. WLM's process was hogging more than 200 Mb of Ram and it kept growing. It stopped after I disabled your script (disabled all of my scrips 1 for 1 to make sure wich one was causing the problem). WLM returned to the normal 60Mb after I restarted it.
the same here :sad:

This post was edited on 09-14-2006 at 10:20 PM by DarkMe.
[Image: darkme.png]
09-14-2006 10:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
phalanxii

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: RE: [Release] Winamp Media (v1.01)
quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
quote:
Originally posted by DarkMe
quote:
Originally posted by DeLaVega
the same here :sad:

I must say I'm not getting this problem at all. Mines stays at the ussual 10-20k mark

For me, Messenger stays at the 50-60mb mark, regardless of whether the script is turned on or not. The only explanation I can give is that, in order for the script to be accurate, it needs to continually check whether Winamp is playing something (a downside of this script rather than having Winamp send the information).

The only solution that I can give you (not sure if it will work, because I don't have this problem) is to change the check rate.

If you edit the script, go to "Events.js" and find the code:
code:
function OnEvent_Timer(TimerId) {
    WnMd_SetWinampMedia(WnMd_Priority);

MsgPlus.AddTimer("WnMd_MediaRefresh", 100);
}
Where it says 100 (in bold), change that to a larger number. The number is in milliseconds (default 100 milliseconds = 0.1 seconds), so I'd suggest changing this to anything from 500 to 5000. If it's too big, you will find that it will have a huge delay updating.

Try that for now, if it doesn't fix it, I'll try to find something else. :S (Sorry for lagging your computers everybody!)
09-14-2006 11:44 PM
phalanxii

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.1
Ok, I've made a big update this time. In v1.03, I changed the format tags and refresh delay. Now in v1.1, I've added these new features:
  • "None" priority (identical to Windows Media Player priority)
  • Configurable refresh delay in configuration window
  • Preview in configuration window!
See the first post to download. :) Hopefully this will work better for everyone.

This post was edited on 09-15-2006 at 08:17 AM by phalanxii.
09-15-2006 08:16 AM
phalanxii

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.2
Updated to v1.2:
  • Added file extension filter (default settings disable video)
  • Fixed priority options
  • Fixed configuration window
I believe that this update basically completes the script. I have no need for further features, but I will update if things are suggested, bugs need to be fixed or if there is a better way of doing some of the functions. Hope you all enjoy it. :)
09-16-2006 07:45 AM
ForestPlus!
Banned

RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.2
Works fine here, allthough i may not keep  it (i had it just to test, i like testing thingies)
09-16-2006 10:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
minipatchou
Permanently Banned

RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.2
Works good here, upload it to the script database.
i only tested it for a bit i just need to test things but winamp is to confusing for me..so back to wmp.

This post was edited on 09-16-2006 at 06:30 PM by minipatchou.
09-16-2006 12:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
phalanxii

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Winamp Media v1.3
Alright, this is the final update (v1.3) before I submit it to the DB. This basically adds all configurable settings to the configuration window (except the filter). I've also fixed up the priority options so there should be no problems now.

If there are any problems, please let me know. Enjoy! :)
09-17-2006 05:26 AM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: