What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » My MSN is all broked. Login issue.

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
My MSN is all broked. Login issue.
Author: Message:
Krelina

O.P. My MSN is all broked. Login issue.
Well, for some reason, it appears I can no longer log in through live. But Windows Messenger works. I screw around with it a little. Just for kicks, I try logging in with an old hotmail e-mail account I had.. And it works. On live.
So, I can login to windows messenger with an account, but it won't login to MSN live. And my hotmail account will work on live. So live isn't broken. Just live+my non hotmail accounts. The account was verified. I've been using it for over a year. I even made a new one just to try. Only the old hotmail account can login to MSN live. My friends can login to live with their @gmail accounts, but I cannot.

It just sits there signing in, and signing in, and a few hours later, it finally gets bored of trying to sign in and gives me an 81000323 error. Which, according to every site I've seen, has something to do with windows messenger being open, but it wasn't. Not til I couldn't get live to work anymore, anyways. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling live. Removed Messenger plus even. I even tried to sell my soul. Nothing has worked. It's been going on for a couple of days. It's not a firewall issue, it seems to be specific to non-hotmail accounts, or at least @gmail.com accounts. But my friends, who also use @gmail.com logins, are on and fine. I'm a tad confused and any insight would be helpful.

Edit: I almost forgot. Connection test goes through fine, too. On WLM.

This post was edited on 10-13-2006 at 09:48 AM by Krelina.
10-13-2006 09:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
RE: My MSN is all broked. Login issue.
See Sunshine's reply to error code 81000323

This post was edited on 10-13-2006 at 09:48 AM by Felu.
10-13-2006 09:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Krelina

O.P. RE: My MSN is all broked. Login issue.
o.o I did a search of the boards for 81000323 and nothing came up. Thanks.^^;

But that's not the problem.. 1.) This is the only PC I use, and I'm 99.9% positive I don't have any viruses. 2.) It's affecting a brand new account I just made to test it. It only logs in when I use hotmail accounts. Which is why I find it weird.
Update:
Okay, apparently the 81000323 error code *ONLY* appears when I use Windows messenger.
What happens:
I open WLM. I start logging in. It just sits there with the MSN people spinning. It will sit there and spin for 8 hours. I left it on trying to sign in while I slept last night. It never signs in. I get annoyed. Open Windows messenger. Logs in fine. WLM returns an error code right then, of 8100323, because Windows Messenger just kicked it off. I try WLM again.. It kicks Windows Messenger off. The people spin for hours and it says it's signing in. So, it appears it *IS* signing in and connecting, because it's forcing Windows Messenger offline. I close Windows Messenger, and WLM still sits there signing in for hours. What *APPEARS* to be happening, is the WLM is logging in, but not getting the message that it logged in. Unless I use a hotmail account.

Just to clarify, the 81000323 code was my own error, that's not the real problem. The real problem is WLM will not progress past the signing in phase, despite connecting and logging into the service.

This post was edited on 10-13-2006 at 10:15 AM by Krelina.
10-13-2006 10:10 AM
ManicVJ

Krelina I have the exact same problem, to everyone on the forums I can say the exact same thing about my connection and the testing.

Everything is set up correctly, all firewalls are fine. And it will literally sit there signing in, forever. It also seems that it WILL work with hotmail accounts like was said, as iv'e tested that, so that eliminates all connection problems with Live, as it does still work with a Hotmail passport, just not the Custom ones, like gmail for instance.
Also I have tested my account, which is a gmail passport, in Windows Messenger, and it signs in and works fine.

Interestingly though, if I am signed in on Windows Messenger, and then attempt to sign in with the same account on Live, it will sign me out of Windows Messenger, saying I have logged in somewhere else, but of course all live does is sit there with the dudes spinning around constantly.

I am sure this must be a problem at Microsofts end, has anyone else got the same issue? Would you happen to be in Australia Krelina? Thats where I am posting from.

Just letting you know you arent the only one with the problem.
Hopefully it will be fixed soon, Windows Messenger is....different :P

ManicVJ
10-14-2006 12:42 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
That's 3 people I've seem in the past few hours with the same issue.

I think you should contact Windows Live Messenger Support.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
10-14-2006 02:17 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jewelzsweet

Well, make that 4. Haha.

I signed out earlier. About an hour ago. And needed to sign back on, but i'm getting the "signing in" message continually with nothing actually happened. I did send a message to the support services. I'm pretty frustrated. But glad to know i'm not alone.
10-14-2006 02:33 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
- download this program Choli's reply to msn6 user id thingy
- enter your email to calculate your messenger id
- goto start > run > type in
code:
%appdata%\Microsoft\MSN Messenger
- press enter
- locate your messenger id and delete the folder (or rename it)

Note: this will delete your emoticons, backgrounds, display pictures, etc.

If you still cant login then simply rename the folder back or restore it from your recycle bin.
10-14-2006 02:38 AM
Krelina

Found the correct folder and moved it out.. Positive it was the correct one, as the folder was re-created when I attempted to login. Still unable to connect. Thanks, Matty.^^ But that doesn't seem to fix this problem. :( I don't think any local files need to be changed. It's not an account specific file, it seems to be passport type specific. I created a brand new gmail account, created it as a passport, activated it, and still can't use WLM with it. Only Windows Messenger. Hotmail passports can still use WLM fine, though. Just sent it to Microsoft's support. See what they make of it.

And nope! Don't live in Australia, unfortunately. I live in the US.^^

This post was edited on 10-14-2006 at 07:56 AM by WDZ.
10-14-2006 03:30 AM
ManicVJ

Still not working, damn MSN, must be a little bug or something, surprised more aren't replying to this.

This post was edited on 10-14-2006 at 07:55 AM by WDZ.
10-14-2006 04:19 AM
Krelina

Still no response from microsoft.

This post was edited on 10-14-2006 at 07:55 AM by WDZ.
10-14-2006 06:16 AM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: