What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [request]Key press notifier

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
[request]Key press notifier
Author: Message:
blow

O.P. [request]Key press notifier
Hi all, im new, i search a way to know when a contact in my list open my chat window and starts a conversation whit me.
I know the "Live Notifier" script do it, but i dont understand how it works...

You can help me? :)
10-20-2006 04:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Zahid™

– / Male / Flag
RE: [request]Key press notifier
Do you have Messenger Plus Live installed? If you do then just click on the script after downloading and install it, and then you can change its options.
[Image: Zahid.png]
10-20-2006 04:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blow
Hi all, im new, i search a way to know when a contact in my list open my chat window and starts a conversation whit me.
I know the "Live Notifier" script do it, but i dont understand how it works...

You can help me? :)
Your thread title and what you request in the post are two different things.

Detecting a key press is something different than detecting a conversation window being opened.

As for detecting a conversation being opened, please search the forums. There are already a massive amount of threads about that (search for "notifier").

Be advised that such "open window notifiers" do no longer work anymore due to protocol changes. The Live Notifier script isn't good either for detecting opening conversation windows. It simply doesn't work anymore (despite what still some people want to believe or say).

see "The open/closed window notifier feature" for a big discussion about this.

If anything, such tools can only detect "sessions" being opened. And a session can mean a lot of things, of which an open conversation is only 1 small thing. And sessions are triggered by a lot of things.

Such notifier tools work by sniffing the protocol for specific system messages between your messenger client and the client of your contacts and/or messenger servers.

The protocol is the internal language which Messenger uses to talk to its servers and to establish a communication line and to get and send data.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-20-2006 05:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blow

O.P. RE: [request]Key press notifier
mmm i think i dont understand.
I have to write a script whit some feauture, one of this is know when a contact in my list is typying to me,like when i have the chat window open,i can see the icon that show when contact is typing.
So i have to intercept the event that allow us to see, when we chat whit anybody,if he is typying or not,but when the window is closed too.
Is it possible whit script?

I have downloaded Live Notifier script, i have look the code, but i haven't understand how it work, i think it use only a dll...
10-20-2006 06:46 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
blow,

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Such notifier tools work by sniffing the protocol for specific system messages between your messenger client and the client of your contacts and/or messenger servers.

The protocol is the internal language which Messenger uses to talk to its servers and to establish a communication line and to get and send data.
Every notifier will work like this (including one which will catch the "user is typing" message). And that is what that DLL from Live Notifier, or the OCX from Pai's ActiveX Xniff sniffer does.

With the OCX from Pai's ActiveX Xniff sniffer you can make your own sniffer. Study the protocol* and see that post about the Xniff sniffer how to program it.

For detecting a "user is typing" message you need to check on the incomming protocol message "MSG" with contents
quote:
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/x-msmsgscontrol
TypingUser: contact@mail.com

[*] http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/index.php  (site is not updated in a long time so it doesn't contain all the ins and outs of the new protocol versions, though it will give you the most detailed explanation there is to find)
http://msnpiki.msnfanatic.com/ (has some (more up to date) info too but not quite as much as on hypothetic.org)

This post was edited on 10-21-2006 at 04:51 AM by CookieRevised.
10-21-2006 04:22 AM
blow

thank your very useufull!

A small thing...now im trying the packets snuffing, but i think i can see only packets thaht incoming from port 1863(msn server port?) but not packets outcoming, so if i send a messag i see nothing, why?
10-21-2006 03:03 PM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
do you have a loop to get the messages that have the destport 1863?

If you search in the forums for Xniff release post.. there's an example link to get all messages from MSN..

If the example doesn't work for you.. try sniffing ALL the packets , send a test message to a friend and stop the script so you can locate the message you sent in the debugging window.. maybe for some odd reason you're sending messages to a different port and that way you'll bee able to find it.

Good luck!
10-21-2006 04:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
blow

i sniff all packets send/receive by my ip in all ports, i see all packets but when i send a msg to my friend i cant see it in trace window..contrarily i see msg send at me by my friends.
This is code:
code:
function xniff:: OnData  (srcip,srcport,destip,destport,data,datalen){
     Debug.Trace(srcip+"->"+destip+"/"+srcport+"->"+destport+"("+datalen+")"+": "+data);
}

So i see all packets, but i cant find outcoming msg packet.

This post was edited on 10-21-2006 at 06:50 PM by blow.
10-21-2006 06:47 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I think you misinterpret the parameters and thus the messages. Or you are so overwhelmed with many messages you wont notice the outgiong messages.

The outgoing messages are the messages with the parameter destport being "1863". And thus that is all you need to test on: if (destport == '1863') if (datalen > 0) Debug.Trace('» (' + datalen + ') ' + data);

The second example given in that thread for viewing all packets can be used without any modification. Use that as your test script instead of the one you quoted here.

But note that it is possible that those sniffers will not work if you have a wireless connection.

PS: to check on "user is typing" messages you need to check on incomming messages, not outgoing.

This post was edited on 10-21-2006 at 07:07 PM by CookieRevised.
10-21-2006 07:04 PM
blow

The problem is there aren't packets whit destination port=1863...
Only packet whit source port=1863.
This mean i cant see outcoming packets...

ps.i have already find my interest, this is only a small thing :D
10-21-2006 07:12 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: