What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [preview] Messenger Plus Skin!

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
[preview] Messenger Plus Skin!
Author: Message:
plus
Banned

RE: [preview] Messenger Plus Skin!
How do you make skins like that
01-14-2007 04:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [preview] Messenger Plus Skin!
quote:
Originally posted by .2007
How do you make skins like that

Those pictures are nothing more than images to work from.  However to make a skin you need to make the xml like in a Plus! scripting window and put it in a folder called "Interface" (or it might be "Interfaces" :$) which is the the MP!L folder.  And finally when you restart messenger then it should all be updated and ready to use (assuming you aren't having problems of any kind, however it wouldn't be an adventure without them).
[Image: markee.png]
01-14-2007 04:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
plus
Banned

where is the mp!L folder
01-14-2007 10:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by .2007
where is the mp!L folder

o.o

C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live(\Interface)
[Image: jumbled.png]
01-14-2007 10:49 PM
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by markee
We have come across some problems with Plus! hard coding some stuffinto the window all the time making it impossible for it to beskinable.  There is going to be somewhat of a delay in that regarduntil we find all that is wrong and inform Patchou and wait for a laterrelease of MP!L with this feature fixed.  Until then we will continuework on the skin and hope that we won't have to do too much extra workto make the new skin usable.  I'm sorry for this sad news, just doesn'tlook like Patchou thought ahead (or maybe we're doing something wrong [Image: msn_tongue.gif]).

From my experience with trying to skin Plus!, there is only one thing I could find that was not skinnable, the <TitleBar> elements background.
All that is needed is for Patchou to add an optional Style attribute or something so we can change the TitleBar background colour.
If there is anything else you have found to be un-skinnable then list them here so we can compile a proper list to submit to Patchou as suggestions to the skinning engine.
01-14-2007 10:53 PM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [preview] Messenger Plus Skin!
quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
quote:
Originally posted by markee
We have come across some problems with Plus! hard coding some stuffinto the window all the time making it impossible for it to beskinable.  There is going to be somewhat of a delay in that regarduntil we find all that is wrong and inform Patchou and wait for a laterrelease of MP!L with this feature fixed.  Until then we will continuework on the skin and hope that we won't have to do too much extra workto make the new skin usable.  I'm sorry for this sad news, just doesn'tlook like Patchou thought ahead (or maybe we're doing something wrong [Image: msn_tongue.gif]).

From my experience with trying to skin Plus!, there is only one thing I could find that was not skinnable, the <TitleBar> elements background.
All that is needed is for Patchou to add an optional Style attribute or something so we can change the TitleBar background colour.
If there is anything else you have found to be un-skinnable then list them here so we can compile a proper list to submit to Patchou as suggestions to the skinning engine.
well i havent gotten that far yet :tongue:, but swo far i think in the XML you should be able to define the position on the Child windows ;) and also when skinning the MP!L toast it makes them REALLY dodgy (screenshots :zippy:)

[Image: before.png] to ==> [Image: after.png]

so the list now is:

1. not skinnable, the <TitleBar> elements background
  2. MP!L toasts adding stuff

also one more thing is that when you try and change the left "tabs" in the prefs window i didnt wantssome things so si just did <!-- --> around them and then it wouldnt load the prefs window :/

eljay should we make a thread for suggestions on the XML stuff for plus? i have a few things that i would like to add
01-15-2007 06:56 AM
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
Actually the toast problem is just because the text isnt set when you create it yourself, if you do Interop.Call('user32', 'SetWindowTextW', YourWnd.Handle, "Title") it will set the TitleBar text and the background will appear (but as i mentioned previously, you cant change this background).

And when removing anything from the window you need to be careful because if it is needed, Plus! will try to set the text or whatever of the control and if you have removed it, the window won't load.

What I guess Plus! does in order:
1. Plus! creates the window hidden
2. It tries setting the text of the control you have removed and an error occurs.
3. It tries making the window visible. (never gets this far because of the error at part 2)

This post was edited on 01-15-2007 at 11:00 AM by Eljay.
01-15-2007 08:17 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I like the idea of having skins for Messenger Plus!, I never talked about it much but the software is designed for it, you just have to put your XML files in the Interface directory. If you have some particular problems, just send me an email at mplus@patchou.com (if nobody else can help you the forum, I'm not very fast in replying my mails these days, I have just too many).

Keep on going :). If you do something good and complete, send it to me and I'll put it on msgpluslive.net :)

This post was edited on 01-22-2007 at 01:22 AM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
01-22-2007 01:04 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
having skins for Messenger Plus!, I never talked about it much but the software is designed for it
New MP!L version with full skinning support that can also skin WLM without messing with WLM's files.... nooowwww!!! :p

This post was edited on 01-22-2007 at 04:04 AM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
01-22-2007 03:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [preview] Messenger Plus Skin!
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
having skins for Messenger Plus!, I never talked about it much but the software is designed for it
New MP!L version with full skinning support that can also skin WLM without messing with WLM's files.... nooowwww!!! :p

Use MemSkin+. It's powerful, can do what you want, and it's possible to transfer existing skins to a format that it can read :) It can also skin other programs if you provide a compatible resource file (y)

EDIT: Yes, I do realize you were joking ;)

This post was edited on 01-22-2007 at 04:13 AM by deAd.
01-22-2007 04:13 AM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: