What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » YASS 0.8 is here

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
YASS 0.8 is here
Author: Message:
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. YASS 0.8 is here
This is an edit to the original post.
Just made a few minor changes in the files again today. Also, the new domain is up and running! http://www.yetanothersig.com

It has been a long 11 months since I started what has became YASS. And today, version 0.8 is now available. As I get closer to a release version, certain upgrades are needed to provide services to a larger user base. Those upgrades include a new domain name (yass.meetcweb.com will still exist for now) and a new dedicated webserver, generously donated and hosted by SparkRack.

SparkRack is an upcoming webhost being created by Brayden and myself.

Over the next few days, I will have the new server up and running. For right now, current users can continue using 0.7 without difficulty.

Whats new in 0.8
client:
  • Added support for text shadows
  • Added preview of date format on image editor for the timestamp No, markee, I didn't use any of your code, only the idea
  • Combined background colour and image options, and added a transparent background option
  • Miscellaneous bugfixes present in the previous version
server:
  • An installer, the biggest request so far. No more manually editing configuration files (unless you really want to!)
  • A website, with full language and template support
  • Documentation, explaining how the server and client communicate. The only client for YASS right now is for Messenger Plus! Live, but it is not limited to Plus.
[Image: 0-1.png]

[Image: 0-2.png]

[Image: 0-3.png]

[Image: 0-4.png]

[img]http:/www.yetanothersig.com/sample/0-5.png[/img]

January 22, 2008
Alright everyone, I am pleased to announce that yet another version of Yet Another Signature Status is now available to download to test and try. This has been a massive update for me. Both the client Plus script and the server package have doubled in filesize.

Some new features include the new image editor, allowing images to be fully customized. But where's the fun in only having one? YASS supports up 10 images to be created.

Support for Unicode characters, for whatever crazy characters people like to put in their names

Don't speak English? No problem! Language packs can be added to change the interface.
part of the GUI also received a nice makeover. Thanks to mynetx for these two items.

The package comes in two parts
Client PLSC
Server files
Links updated 19/02/08 for new revisions

Now, there are a few things that still aren't quite up to par, and the latest versions of each can always be found in the
subversion repository [client] [server].

Features
- Full Unicode support (Depends on the selected font)
- Fully customizable images, 59 editable values to make each image your own
- Automatic set to offline after 20 minutes without updates being sent (useful if WLM exits abnormally)
- Open Source on the GNU GPL means anyone can view, edit and host their own server

Things that I have planned for the future:
- a preview image to the editor
- ability to set layers, what order the elements are drawn on the image
- ability to upload icons and images
- a complete web control panel for administration
- ability to send messages to users through a web form through use of a bot

This version of the client will pretty much be the final release version, with whatever bug fixes, GUI enhancements and translation fixes.

If anyone else wishes to join in on my server, please PM me with your WLM email address ad timezone.

Enjoy!

YASS 0.7 will hopefully be released sometime this weekend for anyone wishing to use and/or test it. 0.7 will be containing all the current planned features for the release version. It will most likely be the release version, pending any bugs that are found.

With this new version, I will be completely purging my current user list.  If there is anyone that is currently using / testing that wants to continue to use it, please PM me. Also, anyone else who has not used YASS yet that wants to, also PM me.

Please include your sign in email address, and your timezone (+/- GMT)  or your your request will probably be ignored.
I will send more information when the new version is ready.

So what exactly is YASS? The script allows you to send the details of your MSN/WLM online status to be displayed as an image. In the future, it will also allow for sending messages to a user through a web form as well.

The images for YASS are highly configurable. Placement of all the components is fully supported, as well as the colours, sizes, fonts and more. In the future, users will be able to upload their own backgrounds and icons for use as well.

Wow, this script is taking a lot of work! When you're just learning to write both JScript and PHP, it can take a long time to get everything right.

Anyway, just as an update for everyone, the user-visible parts of YASS are nearing completion. I predict that 0.7 will most likely be the last client update until a full release. After that, an ACP and installer are still needed, which is going to take a lot of work. I am also starting to get a larger library of both icon sets and backgrounds for use with YASS. I am including a set of teasers below that demonstrate the full working ability of YASS, and how diverse it really can be. All components of the image are fully customizable. Icon sets, fonts, font sizes, colours, positions, you name it! And if anyone sees something that is NOT present, just ask!

I would also like to inform everyone that I still have lots of room on my current server, and I am expecting to get a full dedicated server sometime in the new year so that even more people can benefit from the full list of features that YASS can provide.

Here is my collection of images as it stands right now. Some of them are probably familiar, some of them new. And thanks to mynetx, some of WLMWS's backgrounds will be making their way into YASS. Stay tuned...

Screenshots of the script itself

This post was edited on 03-25-2008 at 11:36 AM by MeEtc.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
12-07-2007 02:44 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [Preview] YASS 0.6
Nice :)
12-07-2007 02:48 AM
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
awesome the emoticons :P!!!
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
12-07-2007 05:04 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Nice to see you continuing your work.  The only thing is, why do you need a third thread for YASS? ([BETA] YASS 0.5 & [BETA] YASS 0.4, formerly Status2HTTP)  Apart from that, it is nice to see that you have some planning happening though.  Good luck with the dedicated server as well, the thing now is to make sure you optimise your code perfectly so that you can maximise its potential.

This post was edited on 12-07-2007 at 05:40 AM by markee.
[Image: markee.png]
12-07-2007 05:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by markee
The only thing is, why do you need a third thread for YASS?
Nobody complains about Ahmeds A-patch threads.

And yeah, looking great (Y) can't wait to get the finished version.

I knew most of that already, seeing as meetc rocks and is my love bunny. <3 :tongue:
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
12-07-2007 10:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
I think it's nice to have separate threads, keeps stuff clean so bug reports don't get confused between version, as well as comments.

Can you imagine if the posts after Status2HTTP all said 'wow this is pretty shit' and he kept updating the thread, that comment isn't going to change unless edited. New Threads, New Version is fine with me :)
12-07-2007 12:00 PM
snAke_LeAder

German User

53 / Male / Flag
nice images
[Image: mybbsig.php]
12-07-2007 02:58 PM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [BETA] YASS 0.7 - open invitation to try
Bumpage. YASS 0.7 is in the works, and I'm looking for people to use it.
PM me with your MSN / WLM email address and the timezone you are in. This goes for current users as well, as the current user list is being purged!
Your email address and timezone must be included.

This post was edited on 01-10-2008 at 09:09 PM by MeEtc.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
01-10-2008 07:32 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [BETA] YASS 0.7 - open invitation to try
IMO, Plus! forums/mods should make it a requirement to post a visable and clear written description of each addon. I really have no clue what this is about except icons...or something.
01-10-2008 07:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: [BETA] YASS 0.7 - open invitation to try
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
IMO, Plus! forums/mods should make it a requirement to post a visable and clear written description of each addon. I really have no clue what this is about except icons...or something.
I, on the other hand, thing you should read....
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
01-10-2008 07:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: