What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Nickname feature of WLM not really compatible with MSGPlus?

Nickname feature of WLM not really compatible with MSGPlus?
Author: Message:
pinhead

O.P. Nickname feature of WLM not really compatible with MSGPlus?
Two questions:
1. If I set a nickname to one of my contacts, MSGPlus seems to ignore this. The tabs are still named with the actual name rather than my custom nickname. Is there any way to overcome this problem?

2. Another thing I was wondering: Is it possible to change the nickname of a contact? I'm trying to display the status of every contact in its name, something like this: "Name (Status)". Any chance to do this within a script?
04-05-2008 10:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Nickname feature of WLM not really compatible with MSGPlus?
quote:
Originally posted by pinhead
Two questions:
1. If I set a nickname to one of my contacts, MSGPlus seems to ignore this. The tabs are still named with the actual name rather than my custom nickname. Is there any way to overcome this problem?

2. Another thing I was wondering: Is it possible to change the nickname of a contact? I'm trying to display the status of every contact in its name, something like this: "Name (Status)". Any chance to do this within a script?

Question 1: This is a limitation within Messenger Plus!. It is unable to read the custom nicknames of your contacts.

Question 2: No because there is no custom name feature in Messenger Plus!. Patchou has made it clear he would like to add this back so it may be possible in due time.
04-06-2008 01:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: