What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » [split] chat logs saved in new file for each conversation

[split] chat logs saved in new file for each conversation
Author: Message:
ThugMotivation958

O.P. RE: Encrypting, decrypting etc. of Plus! chatlogs
It's been almost a month now that I've been seeking for help and atlast I ended up here. In the official site.

Recently I downloaded Windows Live Plus 4.7 Update.

It's awesome except for the chatlogs part.

Please tell me how to save logs per contact instead of each contacts logs more than thousand times just seperated with (1), (2), (3).......number keeps going.

Each time I close conversation chat logs are being saved in a new file, I want to save them all in one file like old times.

Ex: tests@hotmail.com....
Instead of tests@hotmail.com
"  tests@hotmail.com (1), tests@hotmail.com (2), tests@hotmail.com (3), tests@hotmail.com (4) " I want to save them all in one file so its only a " tests@hotmail.com ".

Thank You.
10-24-2008 04:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Encrypting, decrypting etc. of Plus! chatlogs
I have no idea about that. But I recommend you to repair both Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live by going to Add or Remove Programs window.

Also a similar problem has been discussed previously in Chat log splitting problem.

Are you encrypting your chat logs? If so, when you disable encryption, what is the problem's status? If otherwise, enable encryption and then check if the problem remains.

Maybe changing the destination directory of chat logs?
10-24-2008 06:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [split] chat logs saved in new file for each conversation
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Each time I close conversation chat logs are being saved in a new file

I think thats a permissions problem tbh. If you go into Plus' preferences and find the conversatoin logging section, there will an option to do it by date or contact
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
10-25-2008 09:25 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
Oh the irony. Split thread about split chat logs :p
Anyway, there is a script that will fix this for you by re-merging the logs. Search the forum for 'log manager'
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
10-25-2008 11:39 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Well, uninstall MessengerDiscovery and if possible find and install previous public version 1.5.725 with which I don't remember I got that problem. Because I updated to Discovery 1.5.800 but it prevents chat windows closing and that leads such problems.
10-29-2008 05:13 PM
ThugMotivation958

O.P. RE: [split] chat logs saved in new file for each conversation
I'm tired of searching for that " Log Manager ".

I think I'm going to take ahmetgns advice and install the previous version of WLD. Because even I didn't have any problem with this chat logging stuff while I used it, Only after the update I noticed this happening.
Finally FIXED.....I just downgraded " Windows Live Discovery " from 2.0 to 2 versions back (rollback) and now it seem to work fine......No more trouble.

Thanks ahmetgns,It really helped alot mate. :D
Now I want to know if there is a way to " Merge " all those log files which has been split for each contact into one so everyone will have a fresh log file. Is there anyway?
10-31-2008 02:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Release: Log Manager - Version 1.1.008 I don't understand how you can't find this, it is only away of one search in this forum. But you may not be successful merging the files with that script, I personally have some difficulties in using that script efficiently. You may have to merge them manually with the help of a, for instance, text editor program like Notepad.

This post was edited on 10-31-2008 at 06:29 PM by ahmetgns.
10-31-2008 06:28 PM
legne

– / Female / Flag
I'm having the same problem. WLM 8.5.13, Plus! 4.70, WMD 1.5.0800. Plus! Is set to log by date (which has never been a problem before). For some reason, this is also messing up the logging that WLM is doing. In fact, WLM hasn't logged anything since the 27th of October.

Plus! is sorting the logs like this:
October:
test@test.com (1)
test@test.com (2)
test@test.com (3)
Etc etc. Sometimes the log only have ONE message, and it's generally just disorganized. For example, one log file ends on October 31st, and another one STARTS at October 29th. One log file is also completely empty. x.x

Also, the timestamps for offline messages are incorrect - they show the time you received the message (e.g. when you logged on), but not at what time the message was sent.

Something is seriously messed up with the logging. =/

I don't know if it's WMD, Plus! or some incompatibility with WLM that's causing it.
11-01-2008 02:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [split] chat logs saved in new file for each conversation
quote:
Originally posted by legne
I'm having the same problem. WLM 8.5.13, Plus! 4.70, WMD 1.5.0800. Plus! Is set to log by date (which has never been a problem before). For some reason, this is also messing up the logging that WLM is doing. In fact, WLM hasn't logged anything since the 27th of October.
This is the date when you installed MessengerDiscovery 1.5.800. You have to uninstall it now to solve this problem.
quote:
Sometimes the log only have ONE message, and it's generally just disorganized. For example, one log file ends on October 31st, and another one STARTS at October 29th. One log file is also completely empty. x.x
All these troubles are caused by MessengerDiscovery 1.5.800. You can revert back to 1.5.725 version of Discovery.
quote:
Also, the timestamps for offline messages are incorrect - they show the time you received the message (e.g. when you logged on), but not at what time the message was sent.
This is a known thing for logging feature of Plus!. Plus! currently doesn't get the real sent date&time of offline messages while saving them but WLM's own message history option does this, you can use it if you want.
quote:
I don't know if it's WMD, Plus! or some incompatibility with WLM that's causing it.
MessengerDiscovery is the only reason.
11-01-2008 02:35 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: