What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » New problem with Messenger Plus!

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
New problem with Messenger Plus!
Author: Message:
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: New problem with Messenger Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by xonaught
re-install, system restore, everything, all tried, same results

Can you please post a screenshot of what happens?
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5216 days, 11 hours, 47 minutes, 7 seconds ago
11-03-2008 03:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
HextremeX

RE: New problem with Messenger Plus!
I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like. No error messages whatsoever, just a blank, black screen. I've tried to apply all kinds of skins such as Oil slick and many others but none of them can work. By the way, my plus icon is also missing from my main window and my conversation windows. Hope that helps. ^^

.jpg File Attachment: msn error.jpg (35.14 KB)
This file has been downloaded 232 time(s).

This post was edited on 11-05-2008 at 06:38 PM by HextremeX.
11-05-2008 06:19 PM
xonaught

O.P. RE: New problem with Messenger Plus!
well, thats the exact problem i had. blank screen.
11-06-2008 02:37 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by HextremeX
I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like. No error messages whatsoever, just a blank, black screen. I've tried to apply all kinds of skins such as Oil slick and many others but none of them can work. By the way, my plus icon is also missing from my main window and my conversation windows. Hope that helps. ^^

If you have a blank screen how do you know that your Plus icon is missing from your main window and conversation window :S?

If Plus doesn't appear to be installed then use this link to download it, make sure you delete the "Skins" folder in "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live" first and also read:

Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ

(apologies if you've been pointed in the direction of that before, but it is the most common solution to the Plus! icons not appearing)
11-06-2008 06:55 AM
HextremeX

I've read that already. I currently do not have any smiley central or sweetIM. I tried to install from the link below, and still to no avail. I realised my Plus! icons are missing because everytime after trying to apply a skin does not work, i strip the skin and now i am currently using the msn default skin. So, that is why I am able to realise my icons were missing. ^^
11-06-2008 01:34 PM
shiiney-boo

hmm....i had the SAME problem here, i got a pop-up while i was installing it. it said "An error has occured while accessing "Lng_Ararabic.ini". Please make sure that Messenger and Messenger Plus! are closed and try again. If you keep getting this message, restart your computer." i checked the language file in the Program files>msg+live>languages and teheres no lng_Arabic.ini.. and when i wanna install the other versions of msg+live, it still have the same problem. here's the screenshot:
[Image: 33z5u0w.jpg]
please, i need some help????
11-14-2008 01:49 PM
nymphinblue

how will I go there?

I couldn't find it..

HKEY_USERS\[your user number]\SOFTWARE\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live

where will I write regedit? And what is that?

:(((((((

quote:
Originally posted by maxrase
Try this :

• Close Windows Live Messenger

• Open "Start", "Run" and write regedit.

• Go to : HKEY_USERS\[your user number]\SOFTWARE\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live and find the key named "LanguageFile", right clic and "Modify" and change "Lng_Arabic.ini" into "Lng_Default.ini" or another language.

Try to re-install MPL and tell us if it works ;)
01-25-2009 09:22 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: New problem with Messenger Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by nymphinblue

quote:
Try this :

• Go to : HKEY_USERS\[your user number]\SOFTWARE\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live and find the key named "LanguageFile", right clic and "Modify" and change "Lng_Arabic.ini" into "Lng_Default.ini" or another language.

how will I go there?

I couldn't find it..

HKEY_USERS\[your user number]\SOFTWARE\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live

where will I write regedit? And what is that?

:(((((((

it tells you where to go.

For a quicker way, hold down the Windows Key [Image: 20070529-windowskey-f1.jpg] then press R on the keyboard and there's where you type regedit

the instructions are all there, just follow them step by step
01-25-2009 09:32 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Try this :

That register key should be:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live

But note that this registry key doesn't have any function once the setup is running.

When the setup starts up it does check that key to see in what language the setup should display its texts. But the actual text strings are read from the language file inside the setup, not from the file already on the hard disk from a previous installed version.

The error which is presented points to a file access error. So either there is a problem with accessing that language file from the temporary directory the setup has created, or either something is blocking the access/overwriting of the already installed file from a previous version.

Also, the fact that the user sees an English setup probably means that that registry key points to the original English language file, not the Arabic one. (Or that there is no Arabic language file in the actual setup you're running. However, this is most likely not the case since each public setup contains an Arabic language file, so that can be ruled out.)

Anyways, given all this, I doubt changing that registry key will fix anything.

--
xonaught, & co

The thing you should NOT do is using System Restore! System Restore is NOT a software backup tool!!!!!!!! System Restore is meant for restoring critical system stuff, and only as an absolute last resort. By doing a system restore you will revert back critical updates, settings or drivers for your Windows. Hence why you should only be using it in case of a severe system failure as a last resort to get back to a semi working version of Windows in which you can work further to fix the actual problems. In many day-to-day situations using system restore will actually damage your system more (because you actually uninstall critical needed stuff instead of restoring a 'backup' of some particular software).

Have you tried to uninstall Messenger Plus! and all its settings, skins and scripts first? I know you said you have "re-installed", but is that after uninstalling everything first or not? Another question which wasn't answered before iirc: What skin(s) were you trying to use?

----------------------------

To recap: a hell of a lot of installing problems can be solved by following instructions exactly. Now, the thing is that many people do not follow instructions exactly, eventhough they think they do. That's nothing to be ashamed of or whatever, it is just, well we're all human and tend to forget things or overlook things. And not everybody is fluent in English either. And more than often one word in an instruction set can mean a difference.

Anyways, first thing to do is to uninstall the offending applications. This means using the uninstaller which comes with the application. Uninstalling might not always be possible at first. Sometimes other applications are blocking the proper uninstalling of an application. Or your application is still running or whatever, preventing you from uninstalling it. So make sure you can uninstall it as good as possible.

Second thing to do is to remove any leftovers manualy. This means opening Windows Explorer (this is not the internet browser, but the file browser) and navigating to the installation directories and the data directories of the applications you are trying to fix. If they still exist, remove them completely, including subdirectories.

In some cases, the next step is to go to the registry where the application stores its settings. If the uninstalling failed, or you have choosen the wrong option when uninstalling (eg: in Plus! you can choose to leave your settings), some settings might be left. Removing them manualy might again solve some stuff in certain situations.

The next thing to do is to reboot your computer. Always reboot your computer when doing installation and/or uninstallations, always! Even if it is not asked or done automaticaly, always do it...

Only after that you can try to attempt to install the application again. Again, rebooting after that is never a bad idea. After that test the application, without modifying to much settings at once. If that works all ok, then you can proceed with modyfing more settings and/or changing the app to your likings.

Remember that you must successfuly complete one step before going to the next step, and to read and understand instructions and dialog screens properly before blindly clicking on any button.

;)

This post was edited on 01-28-2009 at 11:36 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-28-2009 10:44 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: