What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem
Author: Message:
Dcontrol

45 / Male / Flag
O.P. Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem
I keep getting error code 8e5e0152 everytime I try and sign in to Windows Live Messenger. It's bugging me now as I've searched for a solution but to no avail. Version 2009 (build 14.0.8050.1202) is what I'm using on Vista by the way.

It's not listed on my add/remove programs for some reason so I can't just do the usual unistall/reinstall.  Any help for a fix to the problem or for an alternative solution will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks (Y)

This post was edited on 01-19-2009 at 10:22 AM by Dcontrol.
01-19-2009 10:21 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem
It should be under Programs & Features as "Windows Live Essentials" which will give you the option to remove Messenger.

Failing that or if that doesn't work, try ZapMessenger to remove all traces of WLM 2009 and then try re-installing

This post was edited on 01-19-2009 at 10:24 AM by djdannyp.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5222 days, 15 hours, 34 minutes, 8 seconds ago
01-19-2009 10:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dcontrol

45 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem
I thought it may have been called that instead of the usual WLM.  Thanks for the speedy reply I'll try that and see how I get on.

EDIT - Uninstalling and reinstalling did nothing so I've reverted back to an older version of WLM, version 8.5 (build 8.5.1302.1018) which is working fine.  Bizarre but I'm just glad to be able to access my mail and talk to friends again.

This post was edited on 01-19-2009 at 10:45 AM by Dcontrol.
01-19-2009 10:26 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Nitwon

My sister had this problem, couldn't sign on, but other people could on her laptop, and she could elsewhere, it just seemed like her username on that laptop wouldn't work.

The Solution:

I'll try to remember this...

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Local Settings\Applications (might be Application Data instead, can't remember) and look for Windows Live Contacts and delete its contents, but keep a backup just incase this causes side effects. The folder will come back if it needs to I'm sure. This seemed to solve the problem.

(For Windows XP, sure it's similar for Vista, just the folder's in a different place)

Some of her settings returned to default, but I'm sure that won't be a problem for you, as long as it works. :)

This post was edited on 05-08-2009 at 08:00 PM by Nitwon.
05-08-2009 07:59 PM
sno

RE: RE: Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem
quote:
Originally posted by Nitwon
My sister had this problem, couldn't sign on, but other people could on her laptop, and she could elsewhere, it just seemed like her username on that laptop wouldn't work.

The Solution:

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Local Settings\Applications (might be Application Data instead, can't remember) and look for Windows Live Contacts and delete its contents, but keep a backup just incase this causes side effects. The folder will come back if it needs to I'm sure. This seemed to solve the problem.

(For Windows XP, sure it's similar for Vista, just the folder's in a different place)

Some of her settings returned to default, but I'm sure that won't be a problem for you, as long as it works. :)
Worked a treat
For those using Vista the folder is located in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft
[Image: wlm.php]
08-27-2009 10:40 AM
trevorjbell

Nitwon, I specifically registered for this site just to say thank you. I doubt I will ever have cause to log in again (I hope not =) ).

I downloaded this in march and it worked for a bit then stopped. Everytime I logged in I got this message. I downgraded MSN and from March to today the old version worked like a charm. Well today I got the message I could not continue on the old version and must upgrade.

Back in march I looked every where for a solution....nothing so ...thank you VERY MUCH for your solution. It worked perfectly!!
09-16-2009 01:06 AM
Marielouiseee

What do you mean by "folder is located in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft". How do I find it, I don't understand?
09-21-2009 07:20 PM
Jonnyw2k

Hey, that is only for vista/Windows 7 users on XP you will have to use the other folder. If you cannot find it you may have to enable "Show Hidden files"

XP: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpands...s/hiddenfiles.mspx

Vista: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/He...17a04a59f1033.mspx

I hope this clears up not being able to find the folders in question.

Anyway just registered to say thanks for the fix, and thought I'd help out while I'm here.
09-29-2009 11:33 PM
khanimania

i found the solution guys for this shit error dont have to any thing i used days and nights here the thins very simple download this

http://www.messengeradictos.com/documentos/msn-efix_2600961

msn fix its spanish site
The Descargar button is the download link Wink choose the error u have ot will fix for u, close all internet browers and msn exit it.:D
10-09-2009 12:33 PM
ayshazencats

RE: RE: RE: Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem
Thanks so much for this. When I deleted the folder and restarted my Windows Live Mail, all was restored, including my original contact list, and my messenger started normally.

Very much appreciated.

Chrissy

quote:
Originally posted by sno
quote:
Originally posted by Nitwon

The Solution:

[/i]
01-27-2010 11:28 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: