What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » wlcomm.exe

wlcomm.exe
Author: Message:
orcaz

– / Male / –
O.P. wlcomm.exe
With the new version 2009, there is now a new process called wlcomm.exe when i login to windows live messenger. many sites say it is used for updating contact info, but i find it RAM consuming... is there anyway to stop it frm running?
:: Orcaz signing off ::
01-19-2009 02:44 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: wlcomm.exe
quote:
Originally posted by orcaz
With the new version 2009, there is now a new process called wlcomm.exe when i login to windows live messenger. many sites say it is used for updating contact info, but i find it RAM consuming... is there anyway to stop it frm running?
If you stop it, your Windows Live based programs will all display the same error message at the same time, and all them will be closed. =)
So, yeah, no is the answear. (I also hate it ¬¬', that's why I discovered what happens...)
[Image: Empty.png]
01-19-2009 04:21 PM
Pratul Awasthi

lol!! hey guys dont try to delete it!! i deleted mine!! and... now... msn wont connect it says... it's not connected to .net service!!! i need help with reinstalling the process!! can someone plz help me!!!
04-28-2009 02:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
robert_dll

– / Male / Flag
What about reinstalling with Windows Live Installer?
04-28-2009 02:45 AM
Pratul Awasthi

nope... reinstalling it didn't work!! butt...... i fount a solution to this problem. I searched on my other computer for wlcomm.exe and copied it and pasted it to the right location onto this computer and windows live messenger connected to .net service once again!! so, allz good!!:)
04-29-2009 11:23 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Pratul Awasthi
nope... reinstalling it didn't work!! butt...... i fount a solution to this problem. I searched on my other computer for wlcomm.exe and copied it and pasted it to the right location onto this computer and windows live messenger connected to .net service once again!! so, allz good!!:)

That's basically what the installer would do... Copy it from it's setup files and paste it to the relevant directory ^o)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
04-29-2009 11:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
nunoaires

Hi guys .. since few days ago my Messenger began to block and when that happened freeze me the all system and I have to restart the windows.
I discovered that this problem is caused by the wlcomm.exe. So if you say that i can't remove it, do you know how can i fix it? I already try to remove and install the messenger again but the problem stills.
02-22-2010 09:22 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by nunoaires
since few days ago my Messenger began to block
Remove what ever is blocking it.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
02-22-2010 09:25 PM