What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Contact status indication in window's icon in taskbar

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Contact status indication in window's icon in taskbar
Author: Message:
Domsy

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Contact status indication in window's icon in taskbar
Hi everyone,

I'm still currently using Windows Live Messenger 8.5, but I was hoping to be able to upgrade to 2009 at some point.

However, there are a few things that I absolutely must have before I can do that, and there is no way I will upgrade if I can't have them. In 8.5 I use StuffPlug, and it provides the ability to have each person's window icon (in the taskbar) reflect their status. I find this essential so I know who has gone offline so I can close their window. This feature is explained at the bottom of this page: http://www.stuffplug.com/?act=features

Now it seems Stuffplug isn't ever going to be updated for 2009, so I'm at a loss for this feature. I can't find it anywhere else and I can't find a script for it. I do not understand how such an important feature is not anywhere else!

I will really appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction for where I can find this, or suggestions on how I could go about getting this functionality some other way.

Also, some little off-topic questions regarding 2009: Any way to get the display pictures back to the right?

Thanks very much
03-26-2009 07:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Contact status indication in window's icon in taskbar
quote:
Originally posted by Domsy
Also, some little off-topic questions regarding 2009: Any way to get the display pictures back to the right?

Thanks very much
Yes, with skins like mine, Guénas, Willz's and some others. Just check out the Skin's database
And, by the way, that StuffPlug thingy that reflect one's status at taskbar isn't yet available to WLM2009...
[Image: Empty.png]
03-26-2009 07:33 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Domsy

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Contact status indication in window's icon in taskbar
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:

Thanks very much
Yes, with skins like mine, Guénas, Willz's and some others. Just check out the Skin's database
And, by the way, that StuffPlug thingy that reflect one's status at taskbar isn't yet available to WLM2009...
Thanks for making me aware about skins being able to alter the display picture locations. I'll take a look into that.

And yes, I thought I made myself clear that the feature of StuffPlug is not available for WLM2009, and in fact will most likely never be. That was the whole point of my post.

Edit: Just found your skin "My Live Messenger" http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/view/131-My-Live-Messenger/

Great work :) I'll try it out when I get a chance! Thanks.

This post was edited on 03-26-2009 at 11:27 PM by Domsy.
03-26-2009 11:19 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
In 8.5 I use StuffPlug, and it provides the ability to have each person's window icon (in the taskbar) reflect their status. I find this essential so I know who has gone offline so I can close their window. This feature is explained at the bottom of this page: http://www.stuffplug.com/?act=features
Can easly be done with a script. In fact such a script exists since a very long time: StatusIcon.

Unfortunatly this script isn't available anymore from its original website. I've PM'ed the author to request a new upload.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-27-2009 02:07 AM
Domsy

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
In 8.5 I use StuffPlug, and it provides the ability to have each person's window icon (in the taskbar) reflect their status. I find this essential so I know who has gone offline so I can close their window. This feature is explained at the bottom of this page: http://www.stuffplug.com/?act=features
Can easly be done with a script. In fact such a script exists since a very long time: StatusIcon.

Unfortunatly this script isn't available anymore from its original website. I've PM'ed the author to request a new upload.
Thanks, that sounds interesting. I was thinking of looking into making a script for it, but could help with some pointers for what direction I need to go to. I was thinking I'd need to do a SendMessage to the window's handle to get it to change the icon? I'm just not sure how to handle the icon itself. I'll need to research Messenger Plus! scripts as I haven't had any experience with them in the past.

Edit: Yeah I'm having difficulty figuring out how you load in a file. I've looked through the documentation and it just doesn't seem to have anything about loading a file in. How am I meant to load an icon in (in my script folder for instance using MsgPlus.ScriptFilesPath)? I looked through JScript documentation and there's a function called GetObject, but Messenger Plus! doesn't seem to like that. I even looked into Interop but can't find anything either...

I'll appreciate any help. It's so strange I can't find anything on this.
Can't believe how difficult this has been, and I still can't figure it out.

I've got:
code:
var icon = Interop.Call("user32.dll", "LoadIconW", null, iconLocation);
Interop.Call("user32.dll", "SendMessageW", chatWindow.Handle, WM_SETICON, ICON_SMALL, icon);
And nothing seems to happen. I don't get errors or anything.

The amount of resources on the Internet to explain these things is awful... I haven't got a clue if this is the way it should be done, but I'm guessing not as nothing happens.

I'm really curious, CookieRevised, how this can easly be done with a script.

This post was edited on 03-27-2009 at 02:57 PM by Domsy.
03-27-2009 12:33 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
The script will soon be available again. You can take a look at it when it is available again. It is indeed as simple as those 2 lines of code you posted (with some more stuff around it of course).
03-27-2009 07:51 PM
Domsy

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
The script will soon be available again. You can take a look at it when it is available again. It is indeed as simple as those 2 lines of code you posted (with some more stuff around it of course).
Ok cool, thanks. Any possibility you could upload the one you've got so I can see, please?

It may be beneficial if they don't re-upload it. Thanks very much.

Edit: OMG! Nevermind, I did it! I used LoadImage instead:
code:
var icon = Interop.Call("user32.dll", "LoadImageW", null, iconLocation, IMAGE_ICON, 0, 0, LR_LOADFROMFILE);
Interop.Call("user32.dll", "SendMessageW", chatWindow.Handle, WM_SETICON, ICON_SMALL, icon);
I am so glad I managed that by myself!

This post was edited on 03-28-2009 at 12:41 PM by Domsy.
03-28-2009 12:16 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
(Y)(Y)(Y)

--

Now you have almost the entire script (almost :p)...

But seriously, no I cant 'upload it yet, I first need the approval of Veggie (original author of script).

This post was edited on 03-29-2009 at 05:10 PM by CookieRevised.
03-29-2009 12:37 AM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Ok cool, thanks. Any possibility you could upload the one you've got so I can see, please?

It may be beneficial if they don't re-upload it. Thanks very much.

Edit: OMG! Nevermind, I did it! I used LoadImage instead:
code:
var icon = Interop.Call("user32.dll", "LoadImageW", null, iconLocation, IMAGE_ICON, 0, 0, LR_LOADFROMFILE);
I am so glad I managed that by myself!

Congrads :) Im looking for this script too but we have a whole issue in the other thread.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=75190&page=1

There you go :)

And that script Ive uploaded it for you:

http://rapidshare.com/files/215022395/Status_Icon.plsc.html
This is 1.02 the last version of Veggie's
03-29-2009 05:47 PM
Domsy

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Contact status indication in window's icon in taskbar
Thanks! Appreciate it. Looks like his is very similar to mine that I went on to build, I've just got more workings within the script itself (no DLL extraction) and have my icons packaged in a folder with the script.

Not sure if I'll release it but I suppose I could if you'd like to take a look at it and see if it's beneficial.
03-29-2009 11:33 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: