What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Contact List CLEAN UP WTF?

Contact List CLEAN UP WTF?
Author: Message:
aznmachine

O.P. Undecided  Contact List CLEAN UP WTF?
Hi, this is probably more an issue with the "reverse list" of msn that I've read about through this forum than the actual Messenger Plus.

A contact deleted me 7 days ago, it showed up after 1 day on the contact list clean up as they have deleted me. Then 5 days ago they re-added me and I've been talking to them everday. But it still says they don't have me on their list when it tells me they do. On Tools>Privacy>View List it doesn't show them as having me on their list.

I have restarted laptop, relogged in multiple times already and it still shows them as deleted me :( What's with that? How long will it take?

I also have a backup account which I logged into, deleted my original account from the list, and then logged into original account and it said I had been deleted. Then I logged back into backup account, re-added myself yet it still says my backup account has deleted me. How can I fix this problem? It means the "reverse lists" are highly inaccurate. ^o)
11-05-2009 11:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Contact List CLEAN UP WTF?
Does "Contact list clean up" really work/show right information?
Contact List Cleaner
Contact list Clean-up problem
Clean up Concact

This has already been highlighted serveral times, please search before posting.

It isn't a Messenger Plus! problem as the information in Messenger's own "See who has added you to their contact list" feature is also incorrect and that is where Plus! gets its information from.....so it's most likely some kind of server synchronisation issue....something I've also noticed when adding new contacts, being told that the "Service is unavailable at the moment" and that contacts will be added at a later date.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5216 days, 9 hours, 38 minutes, 53 seconds ago
11-05-2009 04:40 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Yep, the Contact List Cleanup window is relaible but for recent events, sometimes you just have to wait for a day or two and restart Messenger so that he gets the proper info from its servers.
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-05-2009 04:52 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
aznmachine

O.P. RE: RE: Contact List CLEAN UP WTF?
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Does "Contact list clean up" really work/show right information?
Contact List Cleaner
Contact list Clean-up problem
Clean up Concact

This has already been highlighted serveral times, please search before posting.

It isn't a Messenger Plus! problem as the information in Messenger's own "See who has added you to their contact list" feature is also incorrect and that is where Plus! gets its information from.....so it's most likely some kind of server synchronisation issue....something I've also noticed when adding new contacts, being told that the "Service is unavailable at the moment" and that contacts will be added at a later date.

thanks but I've waited like a week and its still saying im not on the other persons list. :(

Btw this didnt happen on Windows Vista (have windows 7 now), it would get updated after about 1 day max.

This post was edited on 11-05-2009 at 07:33 PM by aznmachine.
11-05-2009 07:22 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by aznmachine
thanks but I've waited like a week and its still saying im not on the other persons list. :(

Btw this didnt happen on Windows Vista (have windows 7 now), it would get updated after about 1 day max.

As I said, it's definitely a Messenger server issue, you'll just have to wait until they sort things out.  It's nothing to do with Messenger Plus! Live's feature, as it gets its information from Windows Live Messenger itself, but the information in WLM is inaccurate at the moment due to server-side issues
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5216 days, 9 hours, 38 minutes, 53 seconds ago
11-05-2009 08:17 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: