What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » about chat logging

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
about chat logging
Author: Message:
DoUdAr

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. about chat logging
i used to right click any contact from the main window and open the chat log from the right click- menu and it used to read all my old as soon as i set the directory and set it to log by contact name..

the new version when i do right click it doesnt read my OLD chat logs recorded by 4.9 version .. it only shows the v5 files .. although i can still manually open the old files normally..

This post was edited on 02-09-2011 at 12:39 PM by DoUdAr.
02-09-2011 12:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: about chat logging
quote:
Originally posted by DoUdAr
i used to right click any contact from the main window and open the chat log from the right click- menu and it used to read all my old as soon as i set the directory and set it to log by contact name..

the new version when i do right click it doesnt read my OLD chat logs recorded by 4.9 version .. it only shows the v5 files .. although i can still manually open the old files normally..
I never tested the logging but it could be that the new log files are stored in a different location. (Check the preferences to see if the path is different.) If this is the case then you can simply move the files to the new directory.
02-09-2011 01:42 PM
DoUdAr

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: about chat logging
it set to the same directory i used to store in it and it saves right next to the old ones with the same name format but still doesnt read the old ones when i right click a contact that have old chat logs
02-09-2011 01:47 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Are the chat logs encrypted? Are you saying that when you open up the log viewer you aren't seeing the chat sessions from previous months?

If you could screenshot what are seeing, or better yet not seeing, that would be great.
02-09-2011 01:53 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Are you saving them using slightly different settings perhaps (.html vs .txt, or creating folders per month vs creating them per contact)? Seems you do save them the same way.

A screenshot of the Log Viewer (with everything in 'Log Folder' expanded, together with a screenshots of the missing log files in an explorer window, and a screenshot of log settings (Plus! settings -> Logs -> Chat Logging). May help a lot.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-09-2011 01:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
DoUdAr

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: about chat logging
in the "log viewer" it shows all logs old and new..

when i right click a contact that has new v5 files it opens normally..

when i right click a contact that has no v5 log files yet it says that there is no logs for him althogh when i open the log viewer i can see the old logs
02-09-2011 01:57 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
I think it may be a new registry key in MP!5... Not tested anything yet, but maybe it checks for a key to see if any logs have been saved for that contact. If so, display an option in the context menu to be able to view them. If it's not set, then hide the option as there is nothing to see.

It could just be a lack of foresight in development as obviously there may be previous chat logs from an older version of MP!L that didn't set the same registry key...

Just one possible cause
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
02-09-2011 03:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
This sounds like that bug which was reported that logs from previous months aren't read (in case there are no logs for this month).

DoUdAr, can you give more details like Menthix asked for?
And/or could you give a description of how you've set all the options related to logging (Plus! settings -> Logs -> Chat Logging).?

This post was edited on 02-09-2011 at 04:33 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-09-2011 04:30 PM
Apatik

\o/

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
This sounds like that bug which was reported that logs from previous months aren't read (in case there are no logs for this month).
Indeed, this reminds of [SOFTWARE 673]"No log file for this contact" if the current month has no conversation but would need confirmation?
[Image: rdmazu.php]
02-09-2011 04:49 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
DoUdAr please note you won't have access to the aforementioned link posted as it is in the beta forum.
02-09-2011 05:47 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: