Shoutbox

general increase of user on the forums - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: general increase of user on the forums (/showthread.php?tid=22365)

general increase of user on the forums by tomfletcherman on 03-08-2004 at 06:13 PM

Any ideas why this is, there are a lot of guests (40 right now) is it just the hype over new msn messenger and plus?

RE: general increase of user on the forums by Johnny_Mac on 03-08-2004 at 06:16 PM

40 Guests is not a lot, thats about normal since about January. Plus most of them are probably GoogleBot.

Members registering for this month are obviously a lot higher then the past 2, thats because of the incase in information about Plus! 3 and MSN Messenger 6.2.

btw, this incase beats nothing of april last year...

Last month: 596
April 2003: 6061

So ya know, its not as busy as i thought it would be. I suppose that may change when Plus! 3 is publically released.

RE: general increase of user on the forums by Choli on 03-08-2004 at 06:19 PM

yes, the new version of plus may be the cause, however, people haven't registered too much in las last month compared to the last ones (it goes about 600-900 people/month and in March to july it was 1700-6000 people/month)
statistics here

RE: general increase of user on the forums by Wabz on 03-08-2004 at 07:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
this month are obviously a lot higher then the past 2, thats because of the incase in information about Plus! 3 and MSN Messenger 6.2.

It was hell last year I got that awful server busy message constantly!  Mind most of last years members left now although theres still a few left isn't there :)

RE: general increase of user on the forums by KeyStorm on 03-08-2004 at 07:06 PM

HUH, Choli, the eegg :P

Well, considering that in 8 days we are in March 272 is more than the last months' average. At the end of the month we'd have about 925 registrations. It reminds me to the MP!2 boom, so with the MP!3 announcement and launchment will happen something similar, I'm afraid. As long as they're not lamers like the ones we had a couple of days ago (well, yesterday :grin:) they'll be welcome. :)

RE: general increase of user on the forums by Johnny_Mac on 03-08-2004 at 07:07 PM

Well it wasnt nice, i expect we may see it again often this year if going on last year is anything to go by. Obviously not as much press as the MP2 release as that was quite special.

btw, see the quick quotes working great, i said that not Choli. :P

RE: general increase of user on the forums by Choli on 03-08-2004 at 10:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
HUH, Choli, the eegg
:-# sshhhhh!!! :P
quote:
Well, considering that in 8 days we are in March 272 is more than the last months' average. At the end of the month we'd have about 925 registrations
well 925 isn't too much (compared with the 6000)
quote:
As long as they're not lamers like the ones we had a couple of days ago (well, yesterday ) they'll be welcome.
most of them register because they don't have to do any other thing... yesterday someone added me to msn and asked me what he had to do to register... once he did, asked me: and what are the advantadges of being registered? :mipdodgy:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
btw, see the quick quotes working great, i said that not Choli
he clicked the wrong button, i think *-)
RE: general increase of user on the forums by KeyStorm on 03-08-2004 at 10:54 PM

I'm afraid in April there will be another bunch of registrations. You know: holidays, MP!3, interesting members (H), *cough*stupid*questions*cough* :tongue:
Well, great board anyway ;)

RE: general increase of user on the forums by Johnny_Mac on 03-09-2004 at 01:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
most of them register because they don't have to do any other thing... yesterday someone added me to msn and asked me what he had to do to register... once he did, asked me: and what are the advantadges of being registered?
This would be a lot worse if you has to register to even view the forums. I'm sure theres a few regulars here who are guests and just read.
quote:
I'm afraid in April there will be another bunch of registrations.
I'm not to sure of this, maybe around 50% more, but most people who use plus regualarly have MP2. Mp3 isnt such a massive update.
RE: general increase of user on the forums by KeyStorm on 03-09-2004 at 11:02 AM

Well, a relative increase I'm sure that will happen

RE: general increase of user on the forums by tomfletcherman on 03-09-2004 at 08:26 PM

Could we possibly have a new member lockout over the month of april and give non members a link to teh download of the main site? This could give everyone some peace lol. Prob this is a bad idea as patchou wants hits and I guess we all want new members?

RE: general increase of user on the forums by KeyStorm on 03-09-2004 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
Could we possibly have a new member lockout over the month of april and give non members a link to teh download of the main site? This could give everyone some peace lol. Prob this is a bad idea as patchou wants hits and I guess we all want new members?
Lol, suggest it in forum/website, but I don't think they will. It's not a frequent question "where do I download MP??", but sometimes people come up with it, though :undecided:
RE: general increase of user on the forums by Johnny_Mac on 03-10-2004 at 12:05 AM

This is a support forum, lock out new members? :rolleyes: