Shoutbox

Reputation???... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Reputation???... (/showthread.php?tid=23226)

Reputation???... by bra1nwash on 04-01-2004 at 01:06 PM

btw pardon me if this question has been already asked...cos i found out abt this Reputation: under my profile only today...wat is it n y is everyone's black in colour?^o)

RE: Reputation???... by Tochjo on 04-01-2004 at 01:10 PM

It's a new feature in myBulletinBoard. In myBulletinBoard, you can rate posts to give members a reputation. Reputations will be shown as red or green squares, and depending on the number of positive ratings, one or multiple red or green squares will be shown.

However, WDZ (this forum's administrator) hasn't had time to set it all up: i.e. should we rate members or posts, who should be able to rate members, can ratings be changed or withdrawn etc.

Now everybody is still neutral and the reputation system cannot be used, though WDZ said he was going to post polls to find out everyone's opinion and then he'd set it up :)

RE: Reputation???... by WDZ on 04-01-2004 at 05:53 PM

I'm too lazy to mess with that right now, and I have other stuff waiting to be done too... :-/

I only upgraded to RC2 uhh... 3 weeks ago :^)

RE: Reputation???... by bra1nwash on 04-05-2004 at 02:59 PM

its gonna b stressful n an enormous amount of work needed...

RE: Reputation???... by reisyboy on 04-05-2004 at 04:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I'm too lazy to mess with that right now, and I have other stuff waiting to be done too... :-/

I only upgraded to RC2 uhh... 3 weeks ago :^)

Give him time we'll have to wait for a few more releasese before he enables it :P

Lazy :P:)

Jokin DZ btw :)

RE: Reputation???... by Pr0xY on 04-05-2004 at 06:20 PM

is a reputation system really needed?, you'll have people that will just abuse it anyways,

RE: Reputation???... by Tochjo on 04-05-2004 at 06:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy_nuk3r
you'll have people that will just abuse it anyways,
That would be solved with "only elites and above get to vote", right? :)
RE: Reputation???... by Pr0xY on 04-05-2004 at 06:36 PM

oh, yeah, good point, well I guess it would work then, but its still... umm... yeah...

RE: Reputation???... by kao on 04-05-2004 at 06:38 PM

this is why i need to think of a way of becoming an Elite member, and fast :lol:

:P no, but anyway, when DZ finally gets it all working, it could come in quite handy :P

RE: RE: Reputation???... by bra1nwash on 04-10-2004 at 05:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kao
this is why i need to think of a way of becoming an Elite member, and fast :lol:

dun even think abt it!:refuck:
RE: Reputation???... by WDZ on 04-25-2004 at 04:30 AM

Hmm... I really need to get a plan together for the new reputation system... I'm getting tired of looking at all the neutral reputations. :p

The thread where we were discussing it is HUGE though... http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=20124

I'm gonna need a couple hours to go through all that and sort it out... :(

Until the new system is implemented, I'm going to enable MyBB's default system, and we can see how well that works. All the reputations will be reset when/if the new system is completed.