Shoutbox

[Sgt] Little improvement in Statistics.php - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: [Sgt] Little improvement in Statistics.php (/showthread.php?tid=24446)

[Sgt] Little improvement in Statistics.php by KeyStorm on 04-28-2004 at 10:26 PM

I know WDZ is very busy but I'd like to add some minor thing to his to-do list, he can do when he's tired of complex rating systems :XP: ;):

- Add an end line to Today's Top Posters with the number of total posts and the bar of the global or week's percentile.

- Add a "Daily average" to User Registrations

- Add a "What's hot this week" to Top Threads

That's it for now.
I know he's not gonna add any of them but it's worth a try, anyway ;).

RE: [Sgt] Little improvement in Statistics.php by musicalmidget on 04-28-2004 at 10:36 PM

Some good suggestions KeyStorm, especially the one about the threads page, because those statistics rarely ever change how they are currently. :p

RE: [Sgt] Little improvement in Statistics.php by WDZ on 04-29-2004 at 02:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
- Add a "What's hot this week" to Top Threads
Brilliant!!! :D :refuck:

* WDZ is tempted to add that right now... the reputation system, poll voting improvements, and [thread]/[post] tags can wait. :p

quote:
- Add a "Daily average" to User Registrations
Decent idea... though you could see current members per day on the week stats. Also, I don't really want to expand that stats section, because it's quite inaccurate due to pruning.

quote:
- Add an end line to Today's Top Posters with the number of total posts and the bar of the global or week's percentile.
This bar thing... it shows what percentage of the week's posts were posted today? :-/
RE: [Sgt] Little improvement in Statistics.php by bach_m on 04-29-2004 at 02:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
[thread]/[post]

that seems interesting. care to explain???
RE: [Sgt] Little improvement in Statistics.php by WDZ on 04-29-2004 at 03:01 AM

A project I started quite a while ago, then kinda forgot about... :p

There's a thread here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22560

RE: [Sgt] Little improvement in Statistics.php by WDZ on 04-29-2004 at 03:53 AM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/statistics.php?page=threads (h)

RE: [Sgt] Little improvement in Statistics.php by Mippo on 04-29-2004 at 06:52 AM

LOL @ the (H)'s by the name of that table :rofl:

:banana: Good work

RE: [Sgt] Little improvement in Statistics.php by martin on 04-29-2004 at 08:52 AM

wuts up with the bold in the hottest threads

quote:
Tabbed MSN Wouter 5644 130 37
More about Messenger Plus! 3 Patchou 13038 65 46
all the rest are normal
RE: [Sgt] Little improvement in Statistics.php by WDZ on 04-29-2004 at 02:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by martin
wuts up with the bold in the hottest threads
Isn't it obvious? Come on, study it a little more... :blah!:
RE: [Sgt] Little improvement in Statistics.php by KeyStorm on 04-29-2004 at 02:46 PM

Wow, at least one of them, 33%, that's a good percentage :P

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
This bar thing... it shows what percentage of the week's posts were posted today?
No, it shows the percentage of "this week's posts"/"all posts". But anyway, as it also counts T&T wich will be pruned it's not accurate at all.

The average thing just shows the average of registrations per day for each month.

(I don't get the bold thing either |-))
RE: [Sgt] Little improvement in Statistics.php by Wabz on 04-29-2004 at 02:46 PM

Great ideas for features :) 

I dont understand the bold on hottest threads either :dodgy:

* Wabz looks again

RE: [Sgt] Little improvement in Statistics.php by WDZ on 04-29-2004 at 03:49 PM

rofl... damn :-/

Compare the "total replies" with "week replies" in every row. The bold numbers are for threads that were not started during this week, thus the reply counts are different. :p

RE: [Sgt] Little improvement in Statistics.php by KeyStorm on 04-29-2004 at 04:34 PM

Ahm, btw as the percentile of this week's posts is very little in front of the total number, it might have sense to set the bar from 0% to 1% and not 0% to 100%, got me?.

RE: [Sgt] Little improvement in Statistics.php by WDZ on 04-29-2004 at 04:38 PM

quote:
Ahm, btw as the percentile of this week's posts is very little in front of the total number, it might have sense to set the bar from 0% to 1% and not 0% to 100%, got me?.
I hear you, but I dunno if I'm going to add the bar at all... :-/

As with many stats, the accuracy would be affected by post pruning.
RE: [Sgt] Little improvement in Statistics.php by KeyStorm on 04-29-2004 at 05:09 PM

Yeah, you're right. ;) (Y)