Shoutbox

internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! (/showthread.php?tid=27741)

internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by diablo on 06-26-2004 at 01:22 PM

why when i installed msgplus my spyware software picked up a hijack that it was changing my search page to mysearchnow?
how do i prevent this and install msgplus.  my spyware kept picking up this change and kept  changing my search page to something like mysearchnow and when i hit change back and not accept the change it keeps trying to change it to my search now, so i had to stop the install and stop msgplus.exe in my task manager processes!
spyware is added to msgplus my adaware had to remove tons of it
explain!

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by toddy on 06-26-2004 at 01:27 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598

but please search the forums before making a new thread

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Kryptonate on 06-26-2004 at 02:29 PM

diablo, it's not spyware the sponsorprogram of Messenger Plus!. It's optional and doesn't harm your computer or your privacy. If you didn't wanted the sponsorprogram it's your own fault you got it because you clearly get the choice. You can get rid of it by following the steps in the thread provided by toddy.
I see you used programs to get rid of the sponsorprogramme, you have to reinstall Plus! WITH the sponsorprogram in order to uninstall the sponsorprogram without any harm.

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Anubis on 06-26-2004 at 06:07 PM

Hi diablo,

It seems while installing Messenger Plus! you have installed the sponsor program by mistake: you selected I ACCEPT, install the sponsor in the installation program. Please note this is not spyware it's simply a small search bar for Internet Explorer so Patchou (the creator of Messenger Plus!)  so he can make a living off it...

If before doing the below you have attempted to remove the sponsor program by any other method, like spyware and adware removal tools, messed around in the registry or tried to delete files you must install Messenger Plus! again with the sponsor program before doing this...

To uninstall it go to Add/Remove Programs in the control panel and double click on "Messenger Plus!" (or click on Remove). Then "Messenger Plus! - Setup" is displayed.
Click on the Uninstall button. after a couple of seconds, the program will ask you if you want to keep your preferences, it is suggested to say "Yes".
Then you'll be asked to type in the number displayed in the box then click Uninstall.
Now you must click Yes when asked to confirm the uninstall...If you're asked to close Internet explorer or any program do so. Now restart your computer and the sponsor program will be gone.

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Chestah on 06-27-2004 at 07:22 AM

dw Diablo, its easy to get rid of! :)

RE: RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by xsyangd on 07-05-2004 at 12:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Hi diablo,

It seems while installing Messenger Plus! you have installed the sponsor program by mistake: you selected I ACCEPT, install the sponsor in the installation program. Please note this is not spyware it's simply a small search bar for Internet Explorer so Patchou (the creator of Messenger Plus!)  so he can make a living off it...

If before doing the below you have attempted to remove the sponsor program by any other method, like spyware and adware removal tools, messed around in the registry or tried to delete files you must install Messenger Plus! again with the sponsor program before doing this...

To uninstall it go to Add/Remove Programs in the control panel and double click on "Messenger Plus!" (or click on Remove). Then "Messenger Plus! - Setup" is displayed.
Click on the Uninstall button. after a couple of seconds, the program will ask you if you want to keep your preferences, it is suggested to say "Yes".
Then you'll be asked to type in the number displayed in the box then click Uninstall.
Now you must click Yes when asked to confirm the uninstall...If you're asked to close Internet explorer or any program do so. Now restart your computer and the sponsor program will be gone.

YES, I have done it and the sponsor program has been uninstalled successfully. The search page and home page is returned. But my desktop in modified and the home page is display on the desktop, it will be autoload when startup. what is the problem? How can I resolve it?
RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by toddy on 07-05-2004 at 12:16 AM

start > control panel > display > desktop > customise deskop > web > deleted the web address that appears in the box.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=272677]click to enlarge

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Oldtimer on 07-24-2004 at 11:01 PM

Yes, diablo, it does. And then they try to blame it on you. (What? didn't you read the minuscule license text? You better do that next time.)

And getting rid of the damn thing doesn't work either.

Damn virus software.

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by toddy on 07-24-2004 at 11:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Oldtimer
Damn virus software

its not virus software !   its adware software.  it is not harmful to your computer it just adds the toolbar to IE.

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Oldtimer on 07-24-2004 at 11:08 PM

It does things to my computer that I haven't told it to do, that I don't want it to do, and that I can't make it stop doing.

Virus, adware. Same thing.

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by toddy on 07-24-2004 at 11:12 PM

no its not virus's are harmful to your computer, adware just adds programs (like toolbars)

and as for you not tellin it to do, yes u did. u accepted to install the program !

[Image: mp3_sponsoroption.png]

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Tochjo on 07-24-2004 at 11:15 PM

quote:
It does things to my computer that I haven't told it to do, that I don't want it to do, and that I can't make it stop doing.
During installation, you agreed to the license agreement of the sponsor program. Hereby, you gave it permission to install.

The uninstall instructions as given on these forums should work, however, if they do not work for you - and I read that you could only enter 5 digits, which I'd never heard about before - that looks like a problem. Maybe that should need some looking into.

quote:
Virus, adware. Same thing.
Not even close, actually.
RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Oldtimer on 07-24-2004 at 11:18 PM

That's B***S***

First of all, that dialog is purposely made to look like a standard license agreement, and we all know that noone reads those.

Secondly, I cannot agree to something which I'm not fully aware of the consequences of. "A sponsor program" is not the same thing as a stupid adware. Much as I like(d) to sponsor Messenger Plus, I don't want my computer riddled with adware.

Which I still think is akin to a virus.

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Oldtimer on 07-24-2004 at 11:24 PM

This whole attitude "it's your own fault, you didn't read the fine print" is stupid and damaging for the image of Messenger Plus.

I know insurance companies get away with murder by referring to their fine print, but we all know what we think of their tactics.

Hiding adware in an otherwise nice product is a horrible way to gain a good reputation. Technically, adware and virus are different things, but morally they are the same.

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by toddy on 07-24-2004 at 11:24 PM

quote:
we all know that noone reads those
well u better start reading them ! otherwise u will never know what you are installin on your comnputer.
quote:
Secondly, I cannot agree to something which I'm not fully aware of the consequences of
if u read it, then it does tell you what is installed.
quote:
"A sponsor program" is not the same thing as a stupid adware
what ?  a sponsor program can be any type of program.
quote:
I don't want my computer riddled with adware.
no one made u install the sponsor program
[edit]
quote:
Hiding adware in an otherwise nice product is a horrible way to gain a good reputation
the program is not hiden !!!!  and if it was not included there would be no messenger plus, as the sponsor provides most of the money needed to make the program.
RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Oldtimer on 07-24-2004 at 11:29 PM

Thank you for your really good advice. Very helpful...

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by matty on 07-24-2004 at 11:31 PM

quote:
That's B***S***

First of all, that dialog is purposely made to look like a standard license agreement, and we all know that noone reads those.

Secondly, I cannot agree to something which I'm not fully aware of the consequences of. "A sponsor program" is not the same thing as a stupid adware. Much as I like(d) to sponsor Messenger Plus, I don't want my computer riddled with adware.

Which I still think is akin to a virus.
Before you start rambling on how much you think the Sponsor app is like a virus or even adware learn what the terms mean.

Virus: A program or piece of code that is loaded onto your computer without your knowledge and runs against your wishes. Viruses can also replicate themselves. All computer viruses are manmade. A simple virus that can make a copy of itself over and over again is relatively easy to produce. Even such a simple virus is dangerous because it will quickly use all available memory and bring the system to a halt. An even more dangerous type of virus is one capable of transmitting itself across networks and bypassing security systems.

Spyware: Any software that covertly gathers user information through the user's Internet connection without his or her knowledge, usually for advertising purposes. Spyware applications are typically bundled as a hidden component of freeware or shareware programs that can be downloaded from the Internet; however, it should be noted that the majority of shareware and freeware applications do not come with spyware. Once installed, the spyware monitors user activity on the Internet and transmits that information in the background to someone else. Spyware can also gather information about e-mail addresses and even passwords and credit card numbers.

Adware: (1) A form of spyware that collects information about the user in order to display advertisements in the Web browser based on the information it collects from the user's browsing patterns.
(2) Software that is given to the user with advertisements already embedded in the application.

Definitions used from WebOpedia.com

Now the reason why the Sponsor Agreement looks like a standard EULA is because it is. Its a standard EULA for an Application. Its not written anywhere in the world that EULA's have to be used for the program you are trying to install. Now since your given the option of installing it its not classified as Spyware/Adware, it also does no damage to your computer or even replicates itself so its not a Virus either. The sponsor simply adds Favorites, a search bar, and changes the homepage. I could do all that with a Plugin if I wanted to. But back to the point, the Sponsor program is neither of what you say it is. I rest my case.
RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Oldtimer on 07-25-2004 at 12:36 AM

Thank you for your definitions. I'm quite aware of these.

I'm not debating the technical definitions, because in the end they don't matter. What does matter is the public's view of the product. Winning a legal case is not what's at stake here.

Bottom line is that Messenger Plus tries to infect (yes, infect) my computer with unwanted software. The details of how it's done or what that software should or should not be called is irrelevant. I did not want that software there and it's damn hard to get rid of.

The attitude I find at this board regarding this geniune problem is quite disturbing. I'm not rambling, I'm a customer with a complaint. Telling me that it's my own fault is a sure way to have the product bad-mouthed for a long time to come. Maybe longer than the product itself will survive.

RE: RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by cooldude_i06 on 07-25-2004 at 01:12 AM

quote:
Thank you for your definitions. I'm quite aware of these.

I'm not debating the technical definitions, because in the end they don't matter. What does matter is the public's view of the product. Winning a legal case is not what's at stake here.

Bottom line is that Messenger Plus tries to infect (yes, infect) my computer with unwanted software. The details of how it's done or what that software should or should not be called is irrelevant. I did not want that software there and it's damn hard to get rid of.

The attitude I find at this board regarding this geniune problem is quite disturbing. I'm not rambling, I'm a customer with a complaint. Telling me that it's my own fault is a sure way to have the product bad-mouthed for a long time to come. Maybe longer than the product itself will survive.

Actually you're NOT a customer at all. A customer is someone who pays for a service - Plus! is free! If you don't want to have to click an extra 2 times when installing Plus!, why don't you give Pathou a monthly salary and he'll remove it.

Hard to get rid of? You just have to uninstall Plus!!!!!!
RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Oldtimer on 07-25-2004 at 01:18 AM

Now you are just being silly. Or you don't understand what 'customer' means.

Of course I'm a customer... or rather was.

Regarding your suggestion of giving patchou a mothly salary, I can only point to a product of which I am a customer - and has been for a long time - WinZip. I paid Nico Mak his $20 a long time ago. HIS program has never intruded the way Messenger Plus did.

I remain convinced that patchou's choice of income is a bad one.

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Oldtimer on 07-25-2004 at 01:22 AM

... and, no, it wasn't as easy as uninstalling. Plus went away nicely, but the sponsor program stayed behind, since I wasn't able to fit seven fuzzy digits into a textbox that only accepted five.

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by matty on 07-25-2004 at 05:07 AM

quote:
... and, no, it wasn't as easy as uninstalling. Plus went away nicely, but the sponsor program stayed behind, since I wasn't able to fit seven fuzzy digits into a textbox that only accepted five.
Well Since I was the one that suggested the way of removing it I will quote my post at the bottom so everyone will know.

P.S. Sorry for being such an ass earlier, but you have to understand where I and alot of others are coming from. As  you see under our names we are Official Testers of Messenger Plus!. This means we should all be installing Plus! with the Sponsor application in order to test it. I can't speak for everone else but when testing the software found no problems. Whoppie it installs a Search bar (easily able to disable the BHO for it), Changes the Start Page, ok I know this isn't to convienent if you cant change it back but if you take time you will see that the website isn't bad at all. And as for the Favorites simply delete them 8-).

quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
Reinstall Messenger Plus! with the sponsor program then download and run this Lop.com Uninstaller

RE: RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by cooldude_i06 on 07-25-2004 at 05:31 AM

quote:
Now you are just being silly. Or you don't understand what 'customer' means.

Of course I'm a customer... or rather was.

Regarding your suggestion of giving patchou a mothly salary, I can only point to a product of which I am a customer - and has been for a long time - WinZip. I paid Nico Mak his $20 a long time ago. HIS program has never intruded the way Messenger Plus did.

I remain convinced that patchou's choice of income is a bad one.

ok, how about this. Why dont YOU create a software as good as Plus!  but without the Sponser and I will admit that "patchou's choice of income is a bad one." Remember it's always easier to say than do.
RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by jren207 on 07-25-2004 at 04:13 PM

Can't plus have some relevant text ads from google that are displayed somewhere or install the google toolbar like real and divx do??

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by CookieRevised on 07-25-2004 at 04:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
Can't plus have some relevant text ads from google that are displayed somewhere or install the google toolbar like real and divx do??
ermm, it does exactly that, only it isn't from Google or DivX, but from mysearch...

quote:
Because it doesn't have a sponsor because it is NOT a free program. Patchou has choosen to keep Plus! free and thus he need to have an income by other means (like a sponsor advert)...

quote:
but the sponsor program stayed behind, since I wasn't able to fit seven fuzzy digits into a textbox that only accepted five.
sorry but the textbox always has (and always will) accepted 7 digits.... and if it was a fluke which you (out of the millions that install/uninstall it every day) had, why not simply try to repeat the process? Like Matty said, we have tested this software thru and thru, including the install/uninstall of the sponsor. And it never failed. Unless you destroyed the uninstall process by removing it yourself by using agressive methods. But a simply reinstall with the sponsor fixes that....

If millions of people had the problem you are describing then:
A) There IS something wrong with it
B) You had a case
C) There wouldn't be a Plus!

PS: If you don't like it, then leave it. Nobody forces you to use Plus!. (just like nobody forced you to install the sponsor)
RE: RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Oldtimer on 07-25-2004 at 05:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
P.S. Sorry for being such an ass earlier, but you have to understand where I and alot of others are coming from. As  you see under our names we are Official Testers of Messenger Plus!. This means we should all be installing Plus! with the Sponsor application in order to test it. I can't speak for everone else but when testing the software found no problems. Whoppie it installs a Search bar (easily able to disable the BHO for it), Changes the Start Page, ok I know this isn't to convienent if you cant change it back but if you take time you will see that the website isn't bad at all. And as for the Favorites simply delete them 8-).
I understand that you have a vested interest in this program and that can make you a bit emotional about it. No hard feelings.

But don't underestimate the bother the sponsor program can give a normal user or the intrusiveness felt by it. Will people think it's worth the hassle? Will the reputation of Plus! suffer from it? Most people hate popup ads and those feelings can spill over on Plus!

I know it's not my decision to make whether to include the sponsor program or not (or how to warn people of it), but I for one will keep using my Messenger without Plus!... sorry.

Thanks for the uninstall help, though.

RE: RE: RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Oldtimer on 07-25-2004 at 05:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cooldude_i06
ok, how about this. Why dont YOU create a software as good as Plus!  but without the Sponser and I will admit that "patchou's choice of income is a bad one." Remember it's always easier to say than do.
Wow, that's really good advice...

While you're cooling your temper a bit, I can tell you that I DO create software every day. That's been my profession during the last twenty years and my hobby ten years before that.

But even without that background, I can still have an opinion about something which really boils down to a marketing and business decision, can't I?

RE: RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Oldtimer on 07-25-2004 at 05:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Because it doesn't have a sponsor because it is NOT a free program. Patchou has choosen to keep Plus! free and thus he need to have an income by other means (like a sponsor advert)...

I know WinZip is not a free program, it's shareware. I was merely pointing to a different way of getting income that seems to work very well. Patchou has chosen a different way. But there ARE more options than having to give patchou a mothly salary.

Patchou can choose any method he likes, and I can give my opinion about his choice.

quote:
quote:
but the sponsor program stayed behind, since I wasn't able to fit seven fuzzy digits into a textbox that only accepted five.
sorry but the textbox always has (and always will) accepted 7 digits.... and if it was a fluke which you (out of the millions that install/uninstall it every day) had, why not simply try to repeat the process? Like Matty said, we have tested this software thru and thru, including the install/uninstall of the sponsor. And it never failed. Unless you destroyed the uninstall process by removing it yourself by using agressive methods. But a simply reinstall with the sponsor fixes that....

If millions of people had the problem you are describing then:
A) There IS something wrong with it
B) You had a case
C) There wouldn't be a Plus!

If I could be bothered, I could probably reproduce the problem. And if I could find the time, I could probably tell you what the problem is. But I really don't feel like spending any more time on this. It has already wasted enough of my time.

I can assure you that I tried a simple uninstall before I used any "agressive" methods. I tried it several times. The textbox simply beeped at the sixth character.

That you just dismiss this "fluke" as easily as that, doesn't speak well for your QA process. Personally, I'd be very interested to find such an unexpected behaviour in a program that I distributed (even if I didn't write it myself, like that sponsor program). Maybe I take "flukes" more seriously...

quote:
PS: If you don't like it, then leave it. Nobody forces you to use Plus!. (just like nobody forced you to install the sponsor)

Nobody ever forces me to use ANY programs. And all things considered, I'll take your advice in this case.

Sponsor Program is a PARASITE! by milette on 11-06-2004 at 06:10 PM

The sponsor program is a PARASITE. Do a search for LOP and see what kind of wonderful thing is now installed on your system.

You don't even NEED to allow the sponsor program to install -- all you need to do is allow the Messenger Plus "Update" to run and you're INFECTED!

This is a PARASITE, a VIRUS, a TROJAN. Unless, of course you WANT to have new toolbars TAKING OVER your system and your screen. TOP AND BOTTOM.

I WAS happy with the application until I ran this 'update' and suddenly found my system INFECTED. It was only after doing a search for spyware and parasites that I finally discovered that Messenger Plus was the CAUSE.

If infecected, just try <Ctrl><Alt><Del> to pull up "Task Manager" -- you'll see two processes that LOOK like Internet Explorer -- try to kill them -- JUST TRY -- and you'll see that the bastards won't DIE.

I am VERY disappointed by this kind of infection being placed on my system by what APPEARS to be an honest and legitimate program that Messenger Plus 'professes' to be.

I have BANNED Messenger Plus from being installed on any computers in my organization and recommend you do the SAME!

Of course, this post will probably be GONE by the time I hit the Post button -- however, it needed to be said. DON'T INSTALL THIS PARASITE! You will be SORRY!

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Tochjo on 11-06-2004 at 06:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by milette
Do a search for LOP and see what kind of wonderful thing is now installed on your system.
The sponsor program is not "LOP" as those sites describe. It is a very trimmed down package, which can be easily uninstalled. Patchou makes every effort to ensure this.

quote:
all you need to do is allow the Messenger Plus "Update" to run and you're INFECTED!
The update will do nothing more than automatically download and run the same installer you can download manually. See Sponsor, toolbars, and auto-updates for more information.

quote:
This is a PARASITE, a VIRUS, a TROJAN.
It is not. The sponsor program adds a toolbar to Internet Explorer, changes your homepage and adds some favourites and shortcuts on your desktop. It is not a virus. It is not a trojan.

quote:
new toolbars TAKING OVER your system and your screen.
You mean a new toolbar being added? That is not taking over a system or screen. Do note that you install it yourself, and that it can be removed easily by following the instructions at How to uninstall ad-ware/sponsor.

quote:
I am VERY disappointed by this kind of infection being placed on my system by what APPEARS to be an honest and legitimate program that Messenger Plus 'professes' to be.
What infection are you talking about? Messenger Plus! is a honest program. It contains an optional sponsor program. This can easily be removed if installed (by accident).

quote:
I have BANNED Messenger Plus from being installed on any computers in my organization and recommend you do the SAME!
Why? There is no good reason to do so. You need to accept the sponsor in order for it to be installed, and you can remove it easily if you would like afterwards.
RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by DJeX on 11-06-2004 at 08:30 PM

quote:

Now don't you think that’s going a little too far?

Just banning something for accidentally clicking that you will ACCEPT the sponsor program to be installed is a bit uncalled for. Your making too much of a big deal out of a small problem. If you would of stopped to think for a second that maybe, just maybe if you had have read over the license agreement before you clicked accept or even bothered to read what you were accepting to in the first place then you might not be here right now so upset at the fact that you installed the sponsor program. It's not our fault you installed it, you should have been more careful to read the details.

So if you banned it that must mean you care about the security of your organization, so wouldn’t you when you install a program be a little more interested in what it's going to install? Wouldn’t you take a few more minutes just to check out the license and see what you’re accepting to? I know I do and if you would of done that and if every one else that posts about this had done that, then there would be no frustration about this great Msn Messenger add on.

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Chestah on 11-06-2004 at 09:27 PM

I think everyone here needs to settle down, even tho Patchou has made significent improvements to Msgplus in terms of making the sponsor installing more visible before people click Yes or No, (Patchou's Update to Msgplus making the sponsor agreement more prominent :))
its still very possible that users will still make an accident and install it without really knowing what it is.

Us users here at msgplus forums are truely sorry that you are unhappy with msgplus and its really a shame because Msgplus is an absolutely great program by Patchou... your really missing out on a whole msn messenger experience without it!

We are sorry we might come across a bit arrogant etc, its mainly because you wouldn't believe how many times this occurs! (you can see just searching through forum topics about spyware etc etc).

I can assure you and Patchou if you asked him would also that if you follow the instructions of forum members (eg CookieRevised :P) then the sponsor will be uninstalled. And if you can still find it in your heart to trust us then please install msgplus again and click NO to the sponsor agreement window! then you will have the fantastic msgplus without the sponsor :)!

Patchou does need to make a living somehow, so you can understand why he has included this sponsor in msgplus, but what you've got to realise the efforts hes down to get it where you can click "refuse" and then it won't be installed! Most software progammers that include sponsors won't give you this option AT ALL!!!!
[Image: mp3_sponsoroption.png]
This is the screenshot of the older version of msgplus (still version 3 tho) of the sponsor install window. Patchou has made this even clearer now so more users do not confuse this :) (as shown in my link above!). Please follow the instructions on how to uninstall, then putting it as simply as possible, if you would like Msgplus with NO SPONSOR (the toolbar etc) then click "I refuse, do not install the sponsor program". You will then be like the other 99% of happy msgplus users :)! I can assure you it is worth trying.. but then again i cannot convince you! Its your choice and you'll probably say i'm biased! but then again i am! I've been using msgplus for years and if you click No, its a great program :) Thank you Patchou :)

We of course hope you'll reconsider, but we will respect what choice you decide to take!
Chestah!(Y)
chestah at gmail .com - if you need any help!

EDIT: I also think maybe a new section in the forum should be created for the sponsor program, to let users that are comming to the forum for help to see it visible straight away from the Main Page and then see details on how to remove it and install it without it! in different sub topics! Thankyou :)

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Patchou on 11-06-2004 at 11:08 PM

I'm sorry I saw this threas so late as I would have moderated the comments of some people a long time ago already. First, Oldtimer, I'm sorry some people were so harsh on you, they are not supposed to do that. Now, as far as uninstallation is concerned, its the first time I hear qbout this character limit problem but it could indeed be true depending on how your display setting is configured. Just to be sure, Ill ask C2Media to immediately check this out and do the appropriate corrections if needed.

I hope you finally got rid of the sponsor, one way or another. I do not intend to make uninstallation difficult for anybody.

Regards,
Patchou

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Nigg on 11-06-2004 at 11:17 PM

I thought this topic was so funny, that I actually took the time to register ;)

I bet most of you are american haha (no offence)

If you would just read the licence agreement (the first 4 lines will do!) then you would know you don't have to accept the sponsor...

also,
The way I see it, plus! REMOVES unwanted banners instead of placing them... (the MSN Banner)

and for those poor people who live their e-life the microsoft way (using Internet Explorer), and having trouble killing toolbars and keeping the 'home' page blank: try using avant browser.

Greetings,
Nigg

RE: internet explorer hijack by msgplus!! by Chestah on 11-07-2004 at 02:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I'm sorry I saw this threas so late as I would have moderated the comments of some people a long time ago already. First, Oldtimer, I'm sorry some people were so harsh on you, they are not supposed to do that. Now, as far as uninstallation is concerned, its the first time I hear qbout this character limit problem but it could indeed be true depending on how your display setting is configured. Just to be sure, Ill ask C2Media to immediately check this out and do the appropriate corrections if needed.

I hope you finally got rid of the sponsor, one way or another. I do not intend to make uninstallation difficult for anybody.

Regards,
Patchou
Thanks for that Patchou :P!! ;)! btw what you do think about making a new section in the forum just for the sponsor? then users might see this before going into other sections and requesting help, i know its already in the help and support section but i'm just thinking it might be a little better in its own section ;)!
Anyways i posted the idea in my previous post :)