Shoutbox

Messenger Plus adds Registry Entry! (Messenger plus 3) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus adds Registry Entry! (Messenger plus 3) (/showthread.php?tid=32612)

Messenger Plus adds Registry Entry! (Messenger plus 3) by ke3p_up on 10-07-2004 at 06:48 AM

hi guys:

i have 2 accounts on My XP, so I've set Messenger Plus to start in "all Users Start Menu" . But every time i login into one of the accounts, messenger plus adds itself to "my registry" and causes multiple MSN messengers to run on the next reboot. can someone tell me how can i stop Messenger plus to add its own registry entry ? plz help

RE: Messenger Plus adds Registry Entry! (Messenger plus 3) by Tochjo on 10-07-2004 at 09:15 AM

Messenger Plus! will always load for all users after installing; the shortcut in the StartUp folder for all users is therefore unneeded. I don't really see why you would wish to change this behaviour.

Disabling Plus! loading at startup is therefore not recommended. If you wish to do so anyway, please take a look at is it possible to remove plus from startup? and Force Plus to load, they might be of help.