Shoutbox

Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) (/showthread.php?tid=34033)

Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Kryptonate on 11-03-2004 at 02:15 PM

Seeing there are already 2 threads about bugs in Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) and probably soon will follow more they should be brought all together in one thread. This is easier for people who found a bug but don't know if it has been reported already or not.

First bug:
The personalized status tag appears not be working with MSN Messenger 7 (beta)

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=34027

Second bug
Contacts can't be dragged to another group. If they have colours in their name and u try to drag them to another group you can't see these colours anymore until you close and reopen the group list.
Seems to be for MSN Messenger 7.0.0225 (beta) and seems to be working good for 7.0.0332.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=34032

Please make sure you use the latest version of MSN Messenger 7 beta (7. 0.0425) if you report a bug while you use Plus! 3.40 (beta) with MSN Messenger 7.

Always give the version of MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger you are using + your Windows version.

Update: Please don't report any problems with Plus! 3.40 beta if you are using MSN Messenger 7.0.0604. It is known that some things don't work the way they should work. It will be solved in 3.50 (which will be released in about a month).

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Sunshine on 11-03-2004 at 02:45 PM

Also: Blank bar in the bottom of message window
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=34026

Before reporting read this too:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Here is a list of known bugs/limitations in Messenger Plus! 3.40 Beta. Bug reports are always welcomed (mplus@patchou.com) but first, be sure that your bug is not listed here. If you want to help but can't download Messenger 7 for now, you should know that it is as important for me to know that the new version works as well with older versions (4, 5, 6) than it works with the new one.
  • The "Hide advertisement banner" is not available in MSN Messenger 7 anymore. The reason is not entirely technical, I just felt this option had not its place in Messenger Plus! anymore, thank you for understanding.
  • Some people in your contact list may be displayed with a different font than usual. This is due to the new "name multi-format" feature and it will be fixed in the final version. You can disable that feature to remove the bug by setting "ContactListMultiFormat" to 0 in the preferences registry key.
  • No Plus! Enhanced Icon in the contact list for now, I'm working on a solution that will integrate nicely in the new Messenger 7 interface.
  • The POP3 E-Mail feature will display popups for new emails but won't update the email count in the contact list (will be fixed too, somehow).
  • The /nick command does not work. This means that you'll have to find another way to change your name (in Windows Messenger for example) if you want to benefit from the "name multi-format" feature

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Kryptonate on 11-03-2004 at 05:13 PM

Bug:
If you try to give an offline contact a custom name with colors by right clicking the contact and choosing to change the custom name it crashes Plus!. If you go Plus! --> Preferences --> Contact list --> Custom names it does not crash.

MSN Messenger version: 7.0.0332

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Eljay on 11-03-2004 at 05:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
Bug:
If you try to give an offline contact a custom name with colors by right clicking the contact and choosing to change the custom name it crashes Plus!. If you go Plus! --> Preferences --> Contact list --> Custom names it does not crash.

MSN Messenger version: not said

i can confirm this bug for MSN Version 7.0.0332
problem with the plug-ins by D2D on 11-03-2004 at 06:27 PM

i have a problem with the new plus version that may be considered as a bug. If you have the StuffPlug-NG, you will notice that it doesn't work on the new plus "Beta", at least the Window Opened Notifier and the property that notifies you when someone closes the conversation with you.

===

NOTE:-
- I have Windows XP Professional SP1
- MSN Messenger 7.0.0332(Beta)
- Messenger Plus! v3.40 (Beta)

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Kryptonate on 11-03-2004 at 06:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by D2D
i have a problem with the new plus version that may be considered as a bug. If you have the StuffPlug-NG, you will notice that it doesn't work on the new plus "Beta", at least the Window Opened Notifier and the property that notifies you when someone closes the conversation with you.

===

NOTE:-
- I have Windows XP Professional SP1
- MSN Messenger 7.0.0332(Beta)
- Messenger Plus! v3.40 (Beta)
This hasn't got anything to do with MsgPlus! itself but with Stuffplug-NG.
More information: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=32913
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by iemanduitnederland on 11-03-2004 at 07:24 PM

A question about MSN Messenger 7 with Plus 3.40b

You said the /nick option doesn't work anymore, feel sorry :(;)

My question: Is it going to be fixed?
If answer is no, how can I change my name then, using colors ;)

Greetz RvD

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Patchou on 11-03-2004 at 07:27 PM

The group color thing will be addressed... as for the status tag, sorry about that, it's the same reason as for the /nick command. These important issues will probably be fixed in another beta, before I continue to work on the new stuff.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Kryptonate on 11-04-2004 at 09:52 PM

Bug:

quote:
Originally posted by Matty

If you try to rename a contact who is apart of the Mobile group Plus! freezes and so does MSN Messenger but when you restart MSN Messenger the name has been set.

Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0332

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=34096
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by PhbrOptiks on 11-05-2004 at 04:05 PM

Hey,

So my question is. I have an extreme amount of people on my msgr list. After hours of running, my computer tends to SEVERLY start slowing down, it feels like an old 386DX. Especially Msgr it takes 5 minutes to get a msg, if i uninstall plus everything is fine. i would say its either me or my computer except for the fact, that network administrator is my career so im very concious on whats on my computer, and i would say its not my computer becuase its a dual xeon, with 4 GB of high performance RAM. Im wondering if this is a known bug, if its becuase im running dual monitors, i figured maybe it has something to do with dropping my list on the second monitor or something. some insight into this would be great.

im running the newest version of each msgr and plus

-thanks Chad

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by matty on 11-05-2004 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PhbrOptiks
Hey,

So my question is. I have an extreme amount of people on my msgr list. After hours of running, my computer tends to SEVERLY start slowing down, it feels like an old 386DX. Especially Msgr it takes 5 minutes to get a msg, if i uninstall plus everything is fine. i would say its either me or my computer except for the fact, that network administrator is my career so im very concious on whats on my computer, and i would say its not my computer becuase its a dual xeon, with 4 GB of high performance RAM. Im wondering if this is a known bug, if its becuase im running dual monitors, i figured maybe it has something to do with dropping my list on the second monitor or something. some insight into this would be great.

im running the newest version of each msgr and plus

-thanks Chad
Possible you might have installed the Optional Sponsor program, if that is not the case do you have any Plugins installed on your PC. To check open the main contact list and click Plus! > Preferences > Plugins
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Animefan on 11-07-2004 at 07:27 PM

I use MSN 7.0.0332
Plus: 3.40

Bug: If I have plus! running and MSN too, with no sponsor or anything installed MSN becomes EXTREMLY slow!
It takes like a minute to open a conversation window instead of opening them instantly.

If I close Plus! all is normal??? ^o)

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Kryptonate on 11-07-2004 at 07:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Animefan
I use MSN 7.0.0332

Bug: If I have plus! running and MSN too, with no sponsor or anything installed MSN becomes EXTREMLY slow!
It takes like a minute to open a conversation window instead of opening them instantly.

same here, just tested with MSN Messenger 7 (same build).
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Animefan on 11-07-2004 at 08:32 PM

it irritated me so much that I had to remove it.
Will this error be sorted out someday?
For now I wont use Plus! then..

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by user35870 on 11-07-2004 at 08:42 PM

Just happended to me :(

config

WINDOWS XP SP2 HOME
MSN MESSENGER 7 332 BETA
MSG PLUS 3.40 BETA

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Chop on 11-07-2004 at 09:05 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Animefan
I use MSN 7.0.0332

same here, just tested with MSN Messenger 7 (same build).
And just the same Here!
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by matty on 11-08-2004 at 12:58 AM

Seems to be a small memory leak from what I can see. Another bug is if you end the process of MsgPlus.exe all features of Plus! still work cause Plus! is hooked into MSN Messenger thus until you close MSN Messenger Plus! still basically runs.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by CookieRevised on 11-08-2004 at 05:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Another bug is if you end the process of MsgPlus.exe all features of Plus! still work cause Plus! is hooked into MSN Messenger thus until you close MSN Messenger Plus! still basically runs.
Not a bug. This has always been the case; it is how Plus! works. By killing the process you don't kill the already hooked Plus!, you only kill the process which checks if MSN Messenger is loaded and which starts the hooking of Plus!.

To completely "kill" Plus! you need to exit Messenger also.
RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by detn8r on 11-08-2004 at 02:04 PM

quote:
Bug:

MSN Messenger version: 7.0.0332

Some what related to this bug:

Renaming any contact, offline or online and hitting enter crashes Messenger as well.

332, WINXP.
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Eljay on 11-08-2004 at 02:19 PM

i also suffer from the memory leak bug

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.40.0107

no Optional Sponsor installed
i also removed all plugins to test if any of them were causing the problem but ni luck :(

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Dung3onMast3r on 11-08-2004 at 11:10 PM

Versión de Windows: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Versión de Messenger: 6.2.0137
Versión de Messenger Plus!: 3.40.0107

In Messenger 6.2, when I open a conversation window with some person who has a colored nick, it doesn't show it in the top of the window. However, it sometimes fixes after a few seconds.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Patchou on 11-08-2004 at 11:55 PM

Well, I think now is the time for some of you to read my post again about the beta... if it was free of problems, it wouldn't be a beta :). However, those important problems should be fixed tonight though. Just keep in mind that as aways, a beta version does not reflect how the final version will operate.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Impheatus on 11-09-2004 at 04:05 PM

You're right Patch man... if it wouldn't have bugs, then it wouldn't be a Beta...
But why are Beta's released for?
The only reason is that they're released for users to test 'em and thus for users to report bugs of any kind so the final version of ANY software comes to light without bugs, or at least with the less bugs possible...
So don't get mad Patch... ppl here are just tryin to help you improve that software we all love: Messenger Plus!

Keep the good work and thx for the new build 108 of the Plus! 3.40 Beta (y) :D

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Animefan on 11-09-2004 at 04:59 PM

exactly :)

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Kryptonate on 11-09-2004 at 05:58 PM

The memoryleak bug seems solved, good work (y)

However, I think I found a new one. In the contactlist when someone used the personalised status option and he/she uses a long nick then it comes on my contactlist as "..." until I make the window large enough. My screenresolution is 1280x1024 and if my contactlist uses 40% of this width I still have it (just to show I don't make my list small :dodgy:).

Tested on 7.0.0.0332

RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Impheatus on 11-10-2004 at 02:38 PM

quote:
...I think I found a new one. In the contactlist when someone used the personalised status option and he/she uses a long nick then it comes on my contactlist as "..." until I make the window large enough. My screenresolution is 1280x1024 and if my contactlist uses 40% of this width I still have it (just to show I don't make my list small :dodgy:).

Tested on 7.0.0.0332

That problem is now solved with the new 109 build that Patchou has just released...

Great work! (y)
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuartbennett on 11-10-2004 at 07:02 PM

ok i have a bug i havent seen it above. if you have you contact list window docked it cannot be resized or maximised. to either resize or maximise the contact list window you must first undock the contact list window. i discovered this bug yesterday and today in versions 3.40.108 nd in 109 when i was testing the (colored nicknames show as empty when not expanded bug that build 109 resolved.) i dont recall this bug being present prior to 3.40 beta.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuka85 on 11-10-2004 at 11:08 PM

im still having problems with the memory leak in my computer im using the 108 releas and the 0332 release of messenger 7.0

my windows is xp with sp2..

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Kryptonate on 11-10-2004 at 11:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stuka85
im still having problems with the memory leak in my computer im using the 108 releas and the 0332 release of messenger 7.0

my windows is xp with sp2..
Please download the latest beta: 3.40.109
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuka85 on 11-11-2004 at 12:19 AM

i downloaded it and still having the same problem.....  i start to note a huge slowdown..  like 1 hour before  i start messenger... it takes like 1 minute to open a conversation window :(

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by CookieRevised on 11-11-2004 at 11:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
ok i have a bug i havent seen it above. if you have you contact list window docked it cannot be resized or maximised. to either resize or maximise the contact list window you must first undock the contact list window. i discovered this bug yesterday and today in versions 3.40.108 nd in 109 when i was testing the (colored nicknames show as empty when not expanded bug that build 109 resolved.) i dont recall this bug being present prior to 3.40 beta.
That is not a bug, that is how docking works (and always has worked) in Messenger Plus!.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuartbennett on 11-11-2004 at 11:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
That is not a bug, that is how docking works (and always has worked) in Messenger Plus!.
oh ok cookie, sorry i didnt realise thats how it worked thanks for explaining it to me. im going to shut up now.

Edit
ok i found yet another bug. i was told after my bug report about colornick 2 not working well in plus 3.40 beta for creating rainbow colored nicknames that i should try using the /nick command and the ctrl+k color selector. which i have done. it shows my colored nickname fine. however for some reason i cant make it bold, as seen suggested in other threads i tryed selecting the whole nickname and using ctrl+b that had no effect. so i looked to see how colornick does it, colornick 2 uses the # sign to set the bold parameter from what i can see but when i tried added the # to the relevant place in my nickname i got the following error message.

[Image: Error%20When%20Addiung%20Bold%20To%20Cus...2631000481]

any ideas as to why this has happened? and can this problem ever be fixed?
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuka85 on 11-11-2004 at 08:32 PM

wut happened with the memory leak?? :S :( i dont have any plug in installed either..

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Kryptonate on 11-11-2004 at 11:18 PM

quote:

Edit
ok i found yet another bug. i was told after my bug report about colornick 2 not working well in plus 3.40 beta for creating rainbow colored nicknames that i should try using the /nick command and the ctrl+k color selector. which i have done. it shows my colored nickname fine. however for some reason i cant make it bold, as seen suggested in other threads i tryed selecting the whole nickname and using ctrl+b that had no effect. so i looked to see how colornick does it, colornick 2 uses the # sign to set the bold parameter from what i can see but when i tried added the # to the relevant place in my nickname i got the following error message.

If you want to make your nickname bold you have to type "/nick " then press CTRL + B (it will give you a symbole) and then type the rest of your nickname. If you want to go back to normal you can use CTRL + O

quote:
Originally posted by stuka85
wut happened with the memory leak??
The memoryleak problem should be fixed now in 3.40.109 (released yesterday)

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=34015
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuka85 on 11-12-2004 at 12:45 AM

i have installed the 109 and still having the slowness problem..

RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuartbennett on 11-12-2004 at 07:49 AM

quote:
quote:

Edit

If you want to make your nickname bold you have to type "/nick " then press CTRL + B (it will give you a symbole) and then type the rest of your nickname. If you want to go back to normal you can use CTRL + O

ok i tryed what you have suggested, here is the code thats generated with everything together coloured nickname and bold.

"/nick4[LAVA] 7DemonSlayer 8Head 9Admin 11@ www.sdtourneys.net 57212.5 56days 13till lvl 7"

when i press the send button in the convo i get the same error message as i reported earlier. any other ideas on how to have colored nicknames and make them bold?
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Patchou on 11-12-2004 at 09:29 AM

you have to put a space between /nick and the first character :).

As for the memory leak, I know it's still there and I'm still working on it.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuartbennett on 11-12-2004 at 10:48 AM

quote:
you have to put a space between /nick and the first character :).

thanks patchou, it works fine now, your the greatest keep up all the good work on plus.

RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuka85 on 11-13-2004 at 05:27 AM

quote:

thx patchou :) let's wait for the next release :D
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by FrozernFire on 11-13-2004 at 02:42 PM

also, in msg plus ver 3.25, when you hover your mouse over a floating contact, a yellow box appears giving you info about the contact, but in 3.40 beta, the yellow box does not come out

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuartbennett on 11-13-2004 at 05:22 PM

ok i am not totally sure if this bug existed prior to 3.40 or not, however heres the details. i renamed my nickname to include colors in it. however since adding colour to my nickname the bit of my name that says "www.sdtourneys.net" which before was a clickable url is now no longer clickable. removing the colour codes for that one bit of text makes it clickable again but then when people view my nickname on their contact lists the clickable part which is clickable in convos is in plain black text on the contact list.

so could you either make it possible for url's that are coloured to still be clickable, or to make it so that clickable url's in contact names are visible and clickable from the contact list aswell as anywhere in messenger?

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by CookieRevised on 11-13-2004 at 07:07 PM

The clickable links in names is a feature of StuffPlug-NG and/or TB's patch for it. This is not a Messenger Plus! feature...

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuartbennett on 11-13-2004 at 07:58 PM

quote:
The clickable links in names is a feature of StuffPlug-NG and/or TB's patch for it. This is not a Messenger Plus! feature...

oh sorry cookie, i knew that clickable names was a stuffplug thing and in a way so is colored nicknames as thats done by colornick 2 that comes with spng. unfortunbately last time i was on the stuffplug site i didnt see any forum links, however after reading your response i felt i better check that out again and although they arent officially supposed to exist there is a stuffplug forum to post these types of things on, so again cookie i am sorry, and will post these bugs on the stuffplug forums in future.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Kryptonate on 11-13-2004 at 09:01 PM

quote:
in a way so is colored nicknames as thats done by colornick 2 that comes with spng.

even if you don't have spng you can still have colored nicknames :)
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuartbennett on 11-13-2004 at 09:30 PM

quote:
quote:
in a way so is colored nicknames as thats done by colornick 2 that comes with spng.

even if you don't have spng you can still have colored nicknames :)

oh yes thats true, im not saying that but stuffplug does install that colornick plugin with its software therefore they are in part responsable for providing tech support for it.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by CookieRevised on 11-14-2004 at 11:45 AM

quote:
oh yes thats true, im not saying that but stuffplug does install that colornick plugin with its software therefore they are in part responsable for providing tech support for it.

No no no ;) you're confussing things :p

Clickable urls in names => StuffPlug-NG or MSNNameUrls Patch.

Colors (in names) => Messenger Plus!.

ColorNick Plugin => Has nothing todo with StuffPlug-NG at all. The install package of StuffPlug-NG just includes a version of this plugin, that's all. Also the ColorNick plugin just uses the codes from Messenger Plus! to add colors (and gradient patterns) in a more user friendly way, nothing more.
RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuartbennett on 11-14-2004 at 12:06 PM

quote:
quote:

No no no ;) you're confussing things :p

Clickable urls in names => StuffPlug-NG or MSNNameUrls Patch.

Colors (in names) => Messenger Plus!.

ColorNick Plugin => Has nothing todo with StuffPlug-NG at all. The install package of StuffPlug-NG just includes a version of this plugin, that's all. Also the ColorNick plugin just uses the codes from Messenger Plus! to add colors (and gradient patterns) in a more user friendly way, nothing more.

oh sorry cookie i didnt realise that. anyways after posting my problem on the stuffplug forum it has been resolved. so sorry for all the confusion.
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by ale5000 on 11-15-2004 at 11:22 AM

Windows Versione: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Versione: 6.2.0137
Messenger Plus! Versione: 3.40.0110

See attached image.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Dung3onMast3r on 11-15-2004 at 09:36 PM

I have the same problem. It happens with Messenger 6.2 when u have any of the 3.40 beta versions. When opening a conversation window, if the contact nickname includes colors, it is not displayed in the top of the window. When the nickname includes emoticons, those are displayed, but not the letters.
I went back to msgplus 3.25

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by ale5000 on 11-16-2004 at 02:20 PM

"Enhance the contact list with Messenger Plus features" don't work with contacts that not in groups.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by qoo945 on 11-17-2004 at 02:23 AM

Found one bug:
Quick Icons & Emoticon Panel can't display animated gif like the attached file

Messenger Client Version:  7.0.0332
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.40.0110

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by CookieRevised on 11-17-2004 at 10:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ale5000
"Enhance the contact list with Messenger Plus features" don't work with contacts that not in groups.
Known limitation since a long time.
quote:
Originally posted by qoo945
Found one bug:
Quick Icons & Emoticon Panel can't display animated gif like the attached file
I doubt this is a bug too. This is more like a limitation.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Underlord on 11-17-2004 at 10:49 AM

I doubt you would want it to be animated anyway.
The animated Messenger emoticons arn't animated in the Emoticon Panel.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by JPNARF on 11-17-2004 at 02:03 PM

Hello,
I Choose the opcion of Custom Names, in the MSN Messenger Windows, The name view custom, but when i talk with anyone, the name appears by email adress. (Not in MSN Messenger Principal Windows, but yes in Window Conversation)

What happen ?
Before, this not happen.

MSN Messenger BETA 7.0.0425
Messenger Plus! 3.40.110 BETA
Windows XP

i dont speak english very well. Excuse me

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by ale5000 on 11-17-2004 at 03:11 PM

/clear command clear all line except last line

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by CookieRevised on 11-17-2004 at 10:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ale5000
/clear command clear all line except last line
That's not a bug, this has always been the case. It is designed like that.
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by qoo945 on 11-18-2004 at 03:00 AM

quote:
I doubt this is a bug too. This is more like a limitation.
quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
I doubt you would want it to be animated anyway.
The animated Messenger emoticons arn't animated in the Emoticon Panel.
Whether the emoticon animate or not,I just hopt the emoticon can display in msgplus's quick icons panel.
BUT.....MSN 7.0.0425 doesn't seem to support the animated emoticon :'(
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by FrozernFire on 11-18-2004 at 06:54 AM

it does. i tried it. anyway i wanna repeat a bug i haf found cos no one seems to care about it :'( when you put your mouse over a floating contact in ver 3.25, a yellow box appears with info about the contact. in 3.40.110, it does not happy

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Patchou on 11-18-2004 at 08:04 PM

I tried to reproduce the problem many times but the tooltip shows perfectly for me.. anyone else?

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by detn8r on 11-21-2004 at 06:14 PM

Found this bug when using custom names with or without text formatting:

When custom names are on: Someone says for example: "Hi! :)" I will see both the text =) and emoticon.
When custom names is not on, I only see the "Hi :)"

Screenshots below:

[Image: bug-plus-1.jpg]

[Image: bug-plus-2.jpg]

I believe this happened with older versions of Plus as well, but currently on:

Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0425
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.40.0110

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by plus-media on 11-22-2004 at 11:57 AM

Hi, I don't know whether this is a bug report, as much as a little thing, but when using the winks feature in msn 7, if the currently executing wink goes near the msg plus icon(/button) (in the contact window) then it flashes slightly, the other buttons e,.g. packs, emoticons etc don't flash.

Msn Version: 7.0.0425
Plus! Version: 3.40.109 BETA
Windows Build: Win XP (Professional 2002 build) SP2

I'm not complaining, just filing something I think may help! Thanks Patchou for a brilliant bit of software, I can't live without Messenger Plus! :)

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by .blade// on 11-23-2004 at 08:07 PM

Just thought I'd report some really REALLY minor things :P

I was doing some integrity testing (basically trying to crash Plus! :P) today, and as part of the tests I did some Boss Protection mode things. Bugs I found:

• You can't go into boss protection mode while the Plus! options menu is open.
  • If you right click on a contact's name in the main window, then enter boss protection mode, the drop down menu doesn't dissappear with the window.
  • If you view a contact's 'contact card' , then enter boss protection mode, the drop down menu doesn't dissappear with the window.
  • The custom away status box doesn't dissappear if you set your status to away, it pops up, then you enter boss protection mode. (Entering boss protection mode while the custom status box is still visible.
  • The 'More Emoticons' window stays visible when you enter boss protection mode.
  • The Emoticons window (the one where you view all emoticons and add new ones) stays visible when you enter boss protection mode.

Oh, also a small note - while plus! is enabled, I seem to have problems installing theme packs. They work fine when I shut down plus! (and run fine with plus! if they are pre-installed), but if I install them while plus! is running, MSN crashes part way through (I think it has something to do with the custom emoticons it installs with the pack).

Sorry for my big bug list, but I thought it would be good if you knew ;) :P
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by brad__bomb on 11-26-2004 at 02:03 AM

I've got a small problem, probably a bug but I'm not 100% sure. I noticed it when I was gone and checked the events log.

I'm using the optional msg plus version of the 'idle' status, making my status change to {idle} after 10 minutes. I changed my status to {gone out}, but when I returned the status was set to {idle}. Shouldn't it stay in the personalised status?

Anyway, good job on the plugin Patchou, and remember: Just keep on truckin'! ... I mean coding!

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by grommet on 11-27-2004 at 01:14 AM

hey

im using: messenger plus! 3.40.110 beta and msn messenger 7.0.0425

i have given a couple of contacts custom non-coloured names and added those contacts to the desktop.
now as i look at my contact list, my contacts dont have the emoticons displayed in there names and it
looks like the list in msn 6 and below.

hope this helps

later

btw the new version of plus is pretty nifty, i look forward to seeing the polished piece, keep up the good work!

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Underlord on 11-27-2004 at 01:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by grommet
i have given a couple of contacts custom non-coloured names and added those contacts to the desktop.
now as i look at my contact list, my contacts dont have the emoticons displayed in there names and it
looks like the list in msn 6 and below.
This is a limitation of the custom names function and will not be fixed in the near future :).
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuartbennett on 12-02-2004 at 03:11 PM

ok heres a new bug i have discovered. this bug occurs within messenger lock. i locked messenger so then it would no longer disturb me. everytime a notification is made on messenger it doesnt become visible which is good but i hear the audio alert sound and it causes the away icon on the messenger system tray icon to disappear. im sure its not designed to do that right?

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by blaxez on 12-04-2004 at 02:23 AM

My computer seems to freeze almost everytime when I open my encrypted chat log, is this a bug?

I am using MSN Version: 7.0.0425, Plus! Version: 3.40.112 BETA
and WinXP Pro SP2.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by f1d0d1d08989 on 12-04-2004 at 02:46 AM

quote:
Posted by blaxez - Today at 10:23 AM
My computer seems to freeze almost everytime when I open my encrypted chat log, is this a bug?

I am using MSN Version: 7.0.0425, Plus! Version: 3.40.112 BETA
and WinXP Pro SP2.

I am currently on the same config as you, but I do not encounter any problems with it...
Does anyone else have tis problem?
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by lopardo on 12-04-2004 at 09:26 PM

• In the previous beta, Plus icon in IM windows flickered when playing winks, now it disappears. I've tried this with Peri, and it completely disappeared for him and it never came back (he's using Windows 98, I'm using Windows XP SP2).

• Strike-through text (like this) shortcut doesn't work. It was CTRL+S, but now Messenger 7 uses it to search in MSN Search, so it doesn't work anymore.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by machiel on 12-05-2004 at 12:01 AM

Hi I don't know if this is a bug or if it's allready reported but i think it isn't. When you have custom emoticons(animated gif's) added to your msn. The will not be shown in the emo panel. That panel when you typ " ( " and wait a second. Does somebody know if this is a bug or something like that?

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by j05h on 12-05-2004 at 01:59 AM

wen a contact signs in for the 1st couple of times,there custom name is displayed in the windwo showing that they've signed in,but after sometime or some number of people signing in,it starts to display the email address instead of the custom name.its fixed if i close msn down then re-open it

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Sheer_Instinct on 12-05-2004 at 10:07 PM

ok, i downloaded the new version of msg plus beta & it came back with virus after virus after virus, you name it my pc had it, trojans,diallers,add ware, spyware everything...   the worst of it was a prpgram that would hide in the task screen disguised as LEXPLORE.exe not only that but there were 2 of the damn things and when you tried closing one, it took about 50 end tasks and it seemed the other one would just reboot the 2nd one again....   after 2 days of messing around i managed to clear it, but what the F**K is attached to msg plus that other people dont know about?   only reason i found all these viruses,trojans, diallers etc is because i had the programs ti detect them installed on my pc.....         basically im warning *every* msg plus user that they may be infected with alot of viruses, i found more then 200 on my system, all created after i had downloaded msg plus, coincidence? doubt it... id suggest scanning for viruses with nortan or avg in windows temp files, thats where the problem seemed to begin.... other then that all i can say is good luck at getting rid of any infected files.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuartbennett on 12-05-2004 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sheer_Instinct
ok, i downloaded the new version of msg plus beta & it came back with virus after virus after virus, you name it my pc had it, trojans,diallers,add ware, spyware everything...   the worst of it was a prpgram that would hide in the task screen disguised as LEXPLORE.exe not only that but there were 2 of the damn things and when you tried closing one, it took about 50 end tasks and it seemed the other one would just reboot the 2nd one again....   after 2 days of messing around i managed to clear it, but what the F**K is attached to msg plus that other people dont know about?   only reason i found all these viruses,trojans, diallers etc is because i had the programs ti detect them installed on my pc.....         basically im warning *every* msg plus user that they may be infected with alot of viruses, i found more then 200 on my system, all created after i had downloaded msg plus, coincidence? doubt it... id suggest scanning for viruses with nortan or avg in windows temp files, thats where the problem seemed to begin.... other then that all i can say is good luck at getting rid of any infected files.

ok did you install the OPTIONAL SPONSOR when you installed the latest msgplus? if so then that explains what happened to you. theres an optional sponsor toolbar included with plus you can select "do not accept optional sponsor" during plus installation and it wont be installed. if the sponsors still installled uninstall msgplus then reinstall making sure you say no to the optional sponsor when prompted. ive been using messenger plus for ages i have never gotten a virus from it. ok i do get lots of adware detected by my weekly virus scans but with things like date manager, precision time and stuff that has adware bundled with them thats hardly surprising.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by CookieRevised on 12-05-2004 at 11:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sheer_Instinct
basically im warning *every* msg plus user that they may be infected with alot of viruses, i found more then 200 on my system
It is simply impossible that it comes from Messenger Plus! and/or its sponsor!

quote:
if so then that explains what happened to you.
Not entirely.... If Sheer_Instinct downloaded Messenger Plus! from a legimate source and even if the sponsor was installed, it will not install a massive amount of virusses, trojans, diallers, etc...

But, also take note that I have found many virusses attached to many files including Messenger Plus! when you download it from sources like Kazaa!
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Patchou on 12-06-2004 at 12:18 AM

There is absolutely no dialer and no trojan in my sponsor, just a search and a couple of popups. However, some antivirus/antispywarecompanies love to boosttheir popularity by detecting each seaprate file and registry key as one very dangerous virus.

If you installed Messenger Plus!'s sponsor, just uninstall Messenger Plus! and it will go away.

MSN Handwriting Error by venis on 12-06-2004 at 02:10 AM

I recently juiced up my msn from 6.2 to 7.0 beta and also installed the messenger plus.  I also had to get the handwriting, because it looked so cool.  however, i first installed the handwriting, then i installed ink, and then the handwriting again.  it works fine, however whenever i open msn for the first time, i get sent to the ink error page.

what can i do to fix this, because the handwriting does work?

thanks andre

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by CookieRevised on 12-06-2004 at 10:51 AM

Why installing the plugin, then ink redist, then again the plugin?
Anyways, MSN Messenger 7 doesn't need the full handwriting plugin. You only needed to install the Ink Redistributables. Maybe that's your problem. (Didn't tested this before though)

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Yami Battousai on 12-07-2004 at 01:41 AM

MSN Messenger: 7.0.0425 (BETA)
MsgPlus: 3.40.112 (BETA)
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

Colors:
I first open up MSN and i get the nicks with no color and spread out.
(close and reopen)
I get the colors, works fine.
(leave alone...)
Colors go away... Lists the numbers and stuff

BUT...

it works in the IM windows... the To: bar works, in the IM works...

Just letting you know...

Yami Battousai

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by DrSushy on 12-07-2004 at 02:29 AM

I've found a minor bug or maybe "Limitation"
In msgplus with the contact list

When a contact uses a {Personalized} status and goes offline
msgerplus hides the {Personalized} from the nick of the offline user and if he has emoticons in status like: {Personalized :P}
The emoticon hides the (offline)
Not a very important bug but i taught i should tell :)

See the screen:

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by m2arnold on 12-07-2004 at 06:12 AM

I got an error, but not sure if it's messenger plus or MSN 7 error:
Most times I close a message window it pops up with an error message sayign it found an invalid character in the message history for one of my contacts (as in the MSN 7 saving, not the messenger plus logging).  As I said, I'm not sure who's going wrong here, as I just installed both betas over the weekend, using XP SP2.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuartbennett on 12-07-2004 at 07:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by m2arnold
I got an error, but not sure if it's messenger plus or MSN 7 error:
Most times I close a message window it pops up with an error message sayign it found an invalid character in the message history for one of my contacts (as in the MSN 7 saving, not the messenger plus logging).  As I said, I'm not sure who's going wrong here, as I just installed both betas over the weekend, using XP SP2.

i get this problem too it dont happen everytime i close a convo but it does happen a lot. i have a tool now that does seem to solve this problem simply go to Mess With Messenger Website and download the "ScanXMLLogs" software this will scan your xml logs of your saved conversations and ensure they are alright thus preventing this problem. :D

i heard about this tool right here on this forum as this problem was posted in another thread and this was the solution someone posted in there. i hope this helps you out m2arnold.
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by m2arnold on 12-07-2004 at 07:44 AM

Thanks for the help.  I downloaded the fix and we'll see if it works.

Matt

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuartbennett on 12-07-2004 at 07:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by m2arnold
Thanks for the help.  I downloaded the fix and we'll see if it works.

Matt
ok i hope it helps good luck my friend.
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by andylong on 12-08-2004 at 02:39 PM

i'm not sure whether someone already posted it... anyway i found a couple of little bugs in nickname displaying...

1. coloured/styled nickname display in contact list window works just fine, except when you move one contact from one group to another: in this case Messenger displays all names non-formatted and orange (whole dragging) and non-formatted and black (after dropping).

2. personalized status labels are not handled in the contact card window (or whatever it's called: the one which appears when you single-click a contact's online icon): the status fields shows Away and the personalised status text is simply displayed as received (i.e., in {} after contact's nickname)

moreover, i found some strange texts in the Italian translation... if you need Italian translator i'm available ;)

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by CookieRevised on 12-08-2004 at 03:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andylong
moreover, i found some strange texts in the Italian translation... if you need Italian translator i'm available
post the mistakes and corrections in the translation forum: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=24
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuartbennett on 12-08-2004 at 03:17 PM

quote:
i'm not sure whether someone already posted it... anyway i found a couple of little bugs in nickname displaying...

1. coloured/styled nickname display in contact list window works just fine, except when you move one contact from one group to another: in this case Messenger displays all names non-formatted and orange (whole dragging) and non-formatted and black (after dropping).

2. personalized status labels are not handled in the contact card window (or whatever it's called: the one which appears when you single-click a contact's online icon): the status fields shows Away and the personalised status text is simply displayed as received (i.e., in {} after contact's nickname)

moreover, i found some strange texts in the Italian translation... if you need Italian translator i'm available ;)

in addition to this personalized names are not displayed on a contacts cards either. one of my contacts i named "[LAVA] Raz" the name that he setup on his messenger under tools options is simply "Raz" when i view his contact card his name shows up as "Raz" not "[LAVA] Raz" which is what i would prefer it to say. this also means that if coloured nicknames were given to my contacts by me when i rename them the coloured name wouldnt show either can this be fixed in the final release version?

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Sunshine on 12-08-2004 at 03:35 PM

To complete the list (if these haven't been put inhere already):

MSN exits when sending or receiving messages when plus is installed

and

Missing tabs after Plus BETA update

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by j05h on 12-08-2004 at 07:49 PM

how come the nick name changer notifier doesnt tell you what the previous nick name is?it says (new name) has changed his name to (new name) ^o)
i thought it was supposed to say (old name) has changed his name to (new name)

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by devilhood on 12-09-2004 at 02:30 AM

Hey Patchou, you're a top guy:)
Ok basically I'm using your latest Plus! beta with the latest MSN 7 beta, there seems to be a re-occuring issue with custom contact names (BETA font attributes is turned off btw).
After minimizing MSN 7 for a while, custom names would literally disappear and e-mail addresses are displayed instead, opening up a conversation window would still reveal the custom name via the title bar however.
I know a couple of other people with totally different system specs experiencing the same problem.
Sorry if this has already been mentioned before.

Keep up the good work dude!

Pawel.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by j05h on 12-09-2004 at 04:48 PM

yer,that happens to mine aswel but i have tried it with the beta colour nicknames thing enabled and disabled and the problem still occurs

RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Leif on 12-09-2004 at 10:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by devilhood
Ok basically I'm using your latest Plus! beta with the latest MSN 7 beta, there seems to be a re-occuring issue with custom contact names (BETA font attributes is turned off btw).
After minimizing MSN 7 for a while, custom names would literally disappear and e-mail addresses are displayed instead,

I used to have the same problem. But when I uninstalled the skin I was using, everything went back to normal.
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by j05h on 12-10-2004 at 04:54 PM

thanks but now msn looks so boring. is there any reccomended skin that doesnt cause this problem?

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by snoozehughes on 12-11-2004 at 01:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by j05h
how come the nick name changer notifier doesnt tell you what the previous nick name is?it says (new name) has changed his name to (new name) ^o)
i thought it was supposed to say (old name) has changed his name to (new name)

quote:
After minimizing MSN 7 for a while, custom names would literally disappear and e-mail addresses are displayed instead, opening up a conversation window would still reveal the custom name via the title bar however.

I too have had both of these problems.

RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Abandoned.Trolley on 12-11-2004 at 03:02 PM

quote:
I know a couple of other people with totally different system specs experiencing the same problem.
Sorry if this has already been mentioned before.

Keep up the good work dude!

Pawel.

I've also had this problem when using the neowin skin, its not a major problem just starts looking scrappy with the differing names and email addys being displayed. Hopefully this can be sorted, if not I guess im back to the standard skin. :(
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by devilhood on 12-12-2004 at 02:34 AM

I love the Neowin skin too much to wanna give it up and use the original MSN skin :P

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Admini on 12-12-2004 at 08:07 AM

MSN Messenger Crahsed while MsgPlus.exe is on Memory

Windows 2000 Proffesional 2195 SP4 Hebrew localized
Messenger Vesrsion: 7.0.0.425b
Messenger Plus: 3.40 beta

I can load MsgPlus rom command line *after* Messenger load and it works (exept user names that i see the email addr.)

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by canaxoy on 12-13-2004 at 08:59 AM

Windows XP Pro Sp2
MSN messenger 7.0.0425
Msg Plus 3.40.112 Beta

After install msg plus, i can't draw in handwrite mode..
mouse icon is still normal when switching to handwrite mode..
draw tools and grid tabs etc. no-reacting..

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Tochjo on 12-13-2004 at 04:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by canaxoy
This has nothing to do with Messenger Plus!. To be able to use the handwriting feature, install the Windows Journal Viewer from here :)
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by j05h on 12-13-2004 at 07:43 PM

this is the 1st time this has happened but i read somewhere else about it happening and i couldnt find the thread.
dont no if this is msg plus or msn (beta 7) but when i signed in before i was greeted by the sight in the attached file. what caused this?anyone any ideas?is it msn itself?

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuartbennett on 12-13-2004 at 08:10 PM

what exactly is the problem here it all looks normal to me. youve got some1 requesting permission to add you, you got like 7 contacts all signing in at once and your reading your email so wheres the bug? oh wait after looking a second time i think i sussed it. yeah the nasty linux pengun stole your start button.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by j05h on 12-13-2004 at 08:12 PM

how normal is it to have 7people sign in at once?
and yes,it is all at the same time cos i got the event log viewer pic to prove it, but really,how much of a coincidence is it to have 7 people sign in? (that pic was showin 7people sign in,ignore the rest of the page)

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Smethead on 12-13-2004 at 09:24 PM

When a contact has formatting attributes in his nickname and you have enabled formatting in the contact list, you'll see the formatting of his nickname as normal. But if you want to change a contact from group, then all contacts in the group turn orange and the formatting is gone. you have to scroll up or down (to get the contact out of sight) and back to make the formatting re-appear.

Also, when formatting a contact group, you can't see the codes when you wan't to edit it.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by brad__bomb on 12-13-2004 at 09:41 PM

j05h, it's because it signs you in before it realises it doesn't have your contact list (or at least all of it), and then once it gets the rest of the list it shows them all as signing in because they weren't online the exact second you signed in

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by chica on 12-14-2004 at 04:18 AM

Terribly sorry if this has already been posted in this thread, I'm currently reading over everything just in case it has.

Just suddenly none of my messages will go through. It's been occurring for about over an hour now.

It keeps saying "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" over and over again whenever I try to send a message. I can still send handwriting messages, though. I'm not offline or away, and neither is the person I'm chatting with.

Windows Version: Windows 2000
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.40

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by marissa on 12-14-2004 at 04:24 AM

Try uninstalling the handwriting plugin, you can do this by removing the file MSNHandwriting.dll from your plug-ins directory, most likely C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins after closing all Messenger related applications. I had this problem too when i was running the handwriting plugin, hope that works for you. :)

RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by canaxoy on 12-14-2004 at 07:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
quote:
Originally posted by canaxoy
This has nothing to do with Messenger Plus!. To be able to use the handwriting feature, install the Windows Journal Viewer from here :)

But, when i install only the msn messenger 7.0b I CAN USE handwriting.. why an other install (ms journal) is required for plus?
RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by canaxoy on 12-14-2004 at 07:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
Try uninstalling the handwriting plugin, you can do this by removing the file MSNHandwriting.dll from your plug-ins directory, most likely C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins after closing all Messenger related applications. I had this problem too when i was running the handwriting plugin, hope that works for you. :)

i deleted MSNHandwriting.dll, and re-open msn messenger but nothings hapen about handwrite.. *-) :(
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by CookieRevised on 12-14-2004 at 08:48 AM

MSN Messenger 7 does not need the full handwriting plugin (handwriting.dll), it only needs the Ink Redistributables to let handwriting work (so either you need to install the Ink Redistributables or Windows Journal viewer).

The plugin does nothing more then enabling handwriting, but since MSN Messenger 7 has this enabled by default, this can conflict.

In other words, just delete handwriting.dll in your plugins folder.

RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by canaxoy on 12-14-2004 at 09:05 AM

quote:
MSN Messenger 7 does not need the full handwriting plugin (handwriting.dll), it only needs the Ink Redistributables to let handwriting work (so either you need to install the Ink Redistributables or Windows Journal viewer).

The plugin does nothing more then enabling handwriting, but since MSN Messenger 7 has this enabled by default, this can conflict.

In other words, just delete handwriting.dll in your plugins folder.

OK
I install Windows Journal viewer and delete .dll
handwriting is now working
thanks
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Underlord on 12-15-2004 at 06:22 AM

Isn't it meant to say something in the circled area?
[Image: attachment.php?pid=347404]

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by chica on 12-15-2004 at 06:28 AM

MSN 7 doesn't need the handwriting plugin..

And I didn't download it. I just downloaded the Windows Journal Viewer... so I don't have handwriting.dll. But still, the "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" just appeared while I was playing Mozaki Blocks with a friend. Now it's fine, though. Eck.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Underlord on 12-15-2004 at 06:43 AM

Does this happen often, or just on occasion?

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by chica on 12-15-2004 at 06:55 AM

Yesterday it wouldn't let me send a single message. Today, it started only about an hour ago. First, only a few messages out of a ton wouldn't go through. Gradually, more and more wouldn't go through.

At the moment, 2/3 of my messages won't go through. But sometimes they randomly do. o_O

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by jvlppm on 12-15-2004 at 11:27 PM

i dont know if this was posted already but screenshot sender dont work in plus 3.40.112 just in 3.40.110

RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Leif on 12-16-2004 at 04:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jvlppm
i dont know if this was posted already but screenshot sender dont work in plus 3.40.112 just in 3.40.110

Works all right for me. What version of Screenshot Sender do you have? I have 3.0.561.
RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by devilhood on 12-16-2004 at 04:05 AM

quote:

it works fine if you use the latest version of it :^)
RE: RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Underlord on 12-16-2004 at 06:19 AM

quote:
quote:

it works fine if you use the latest version of it :^)

It works for me, but when I choose to take a picture of the active window it will always make the active window the conversation I used the command in. I used to be able to make another window active and it would take a pic of it :S.
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by marissa on 12-19-2004 at 07:07 AM

For "Set come-back message" you cant press shift+enter to go to/add a new line to the message.

msn - 7.0.0425
Plus! - 3.40.112
windows xp home edition

If this wasntever possible, i think it should be.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Tochjo on 12-19-2004 at 10:09 AM

quote:
you cant press shift+enter to go to/add a new line to the message.
Use Ctrl-Enter.
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by LiGhTbOx on 12-20-2004 at 03:15 AM

I dont know if this was posted already by someone but when u set a personalised status with a name tag, emotions dont appear in your nickname (version: 3.40.112)

RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuartbennett on 12-20-2004 at 07:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by LiGhTbOx
I dont know if this was posted already by someone but when u set a personalised status with a name tag, emotions dont appear in your nickname (version: 3.40.112)

that is not a bug just a limitation. when you use custom nickname it defaultly sorts the list by email address as opposed to contact name so as its on email address emoticons dont show up. currently this cannot be change as its a limitation of messenger itself.
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by javish on 12-21-2004 at 03:56 PM

I don't know if these have been reported, but just in case. I'm running MSN Messenger 7.0 Beta and Messenger Plus! 3.40.112 on Windows XP Pro SP2.
I crashed the messenger blocking and unblocking a contact in a window a few times. I uninstalled plus! and the block / unblock thing worked without problems.

Also I crashed the messenger paying with the winks. I got a friend who downloaded the 7.0 beta and was testing the winks and I had the option to play winks automatic turned off., but when I tried hiting the play button on the window the messenger crashed. Once again I uninstalled plus! and it seems to be working right.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by parlament on 12-22-2004 at 03:22 PM

Hi!

I don't know if this is a bug or not but when I type

/name strg+b test

my name is bold
:) alright

then
i go to "Extras - Optionen - Persönliche Angaben" (i don't know how it's called in English, maybe "Extras - Options - Personal Details") and change my name from
ˇ#testˇ0
to
ˇ#test
(i have delted the last characters)
and then the "says:" in conversations is bold too

Is this normal?

I have:
MSN Messenger 7.0.0425
Messenger Plus! 3.40.112 BETA
   (no plugins)
Windows XP PRO SP2

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by .blade// on 12-22-2004 at 06:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by parlament
Hi!

I don't know if this is a bug or not but when I type

/name strg+b test

my name is bold
:) alright

then
i go to "Extras - Optionen - Persönliche Angaben" (i don't know how it's called in English, maybe "Extras - Options - Personal Details") and change my name from
ˇ#testˇ0
to
ˇ#test
(i have delted the last characters)
and then the "says:" in conversations is bold too

Is this normal?

I have:
MSN Messenger 7.0.0425
   (no plugins)
Windows XP PRO SP2

This is completly normal behavior. CTRL + B is bolded text, and anything you don't close carrys over to the "says:" in convo.s.
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by jphi007 on 12-27-2004 at 01:22 PM

I do not know if it is a bug or my PC. I do not have any more sounds from Plus!

All the other sounds are functioning properly...

So
MSN 7.0425
Plus 3.40.112
XP SP2

JPhi

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Kryptonate on 12-27-2004 at 01:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jphi007
I do not know if it is a bug or my PC. I do not have any more sounds from Plus!

All the other sounds are functioning properly...

So
MSN 7.0425
Plus 3.40.112
XP SP2

JPhi
You could try to change the codec. Just type /sconfig in a conversation window and set the codec to the other one.
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Jimmeh on 12-30-2004 at 09:54 PM

curious problem, i think it was in the boss protection 'system wide shortcut' box...or one like it, it refused to reconise the 'shift' key it would make it 'ctrl' unless i also had 'ctrl' in there...uninstalled and it seems to work fine now...
the reset status shortcut also does it but says alt rather than ctrl...
as does the 'instant display shortcut for quick icons, and the Fast-activation shortcut under status presets...:S

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuartbennett on 12-30-2004 at 10:21 PM

i have a bug. i go into locked mode the toasts stop but if someone sends me a message or signs in/out or i receive a new email i still hear the audio alert for it. not just that but the system tray icon for messenger changes from the away status icon back to normal for about a minute then returns to being an away icon.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by LaTy on 01-01-2005 at 01:01 PM

Hi EveryOne

First of all... BONNE ANNEE ! :o)

I don't know why but since this morning my msn 7.0 freeze with MsgPlus! (it cannot run) but without MsgPlus! it seems to work perfectly...! :^)

I already try to uninstall msn7.0 and MsgPlus! but nothing change! 8o|

Anyone have the same problem? *-)

See u ;)

quote:
Originally posted by LaTy
I don't know why but since this morning my msn 7.0 freeze with MsgPlus! (it cannot run)

Well... after installing "Mess Patch 0425" and then MsgPlus! everything is back in ordre... don't ask me why ! :D
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Darkness2k on 01-01-2005 at 11:44 PM

If you turn on "Custom Names" then the names on the contact list don't show any emoticons that may be in there.. they just show the command for the emoticon..

i.e.

Before turning on Custom Names, one contact is "Bobski :)" (picture of smiley face..
after enabling Custom Names, the contact is "Bobski : )" (no picture, just the 2 characters ": )")

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Plik on 01-01-2005 at 11:48 PM

That is a know limitation of custom names.
It is due to the way plus does custom names.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by marissa on 01-06-2005 at 05:36 AM

Okay, i guess this is a bug, well when you're doing a /me command and you wnat to add an emoticon from the emoticon panel, you have to do the actual code. im running the latest beta of msgplus and msn 7.0.042. Ddunk and i tried it with and without custom names and its not that, nor chat only names.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by lopardo on 01-06-2005 at 05:59 AM

quote:
Okay, i guess this is a bug, well when you're doing a /me command and you wnat to add an emoticon from the emoticon panel, you have to do the actual code. im running the latest beta of msgplus and msn 7.0.042. Ddunk and i tried it with and without custom names and its not that, nor chat only names.
Repro...

Versión de Windows: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Versión de Messenger: 7.0.0425
Versión de Messenger Plus!: 3.40.0112
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by LordJpdius on 01-06-2005 at 11:21 PM

Hey, i think i found a bug, i downloaded plus 3 yesterday, and the second time i used it it appeared a little plus icon on the chat windows, the one just left to the display picture, and now it doesn't appears. And i think i found another: i closed the msn, and then end MsgPlus (ending the process), then opened the msn (without plus) and in the chat windows it appear a little gift icon, that it wasn't there when i was using plus, and then i opened plus and it dissapeared again.

XP
MSN 7.0.0425
Plus 3.40

I just tried that again, and opening the msn without plus didn't show me the gift icon now. I don't know if the last time (when after all it did appear the gift icon) it had to do ending a process named msmsgs.exe.
Mmm, maybe i'm wrong, cause it appears but not with all my contacts, i can see it with one, perhaps cause she has 7.0 too, but not plus :S. I'll keep investigating. Maybe i'm wrong.
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stix on 01-08-2005 at 08:39 PM

i downloaded Messenger Plus! beta today. i was happy because i downloaded msn messenger 7 and found out i could only use one or the other because i had plus! 3.25. but now i cant use either because whenever i open a conversation window or maximise an old one, it logs me off of messenger. ive tried everything i can think of but it wont work
:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S
messenger=msn 7.0 BETA
plus!= 3.40 beta
plug-ins=none

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by rolfie on 01-10-2005 at 08:28 PM

Hello everybody. @ first I want to say to every body happy new year!

But I don't know if this bug already is reported because I don't want to read everything again :P

My bug is:
Always when I open my MSN the contactpersons are ranged by e-mail...... but I see there name's WHITOUT emoticons!

When I set it on name's.... I See emoticons..... but when I close MSN and re-open it it's back to e-mail ranged.......

I asked on the Dutch MessBase forum en they said remove MSG+ one time.... I did and it was normal.... I Installed MSG+ again and still I had the problem!

So does somebody else have this bug too?

This are mine specs:
Windows-versie: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger-versie: 7.0.0425
Messenger Plus!-versie: 3.40.0112

I tried to type my best English so i hope you guys AND girls understoot.... Because I'm a dutch man!

Good Bye Rolfie

I beck my pardon! It was o custom names..... I had just vinked it out and it works! they helped me @ MessNase but anyway thanx for help!

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Lou on 01-11-2005 at 01:53 AM

With all the version of msgplus! and all the verions of Msn Messenger on my windows xp pro computer with sp1 (and sp2 before) in the names all the emoticons only show up at the end of the message instead of where its suppose to be (in messages when you send them also, and when you send a message your name). I beleive this is a bug.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by jusa_98 on 01-11-2005 at 04:54 AM

ANother Bug!

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=36822

Click above to read/respond/confirm.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by vini_d on 01-11-2005 at 12:29 PM

Hi, I believe this is a bug:  the option of blocking a whole group doens't appear anymore when u right-click the group name. I don't know if u took that out for memory optimization reasons or just forgot to put it, but I found that one of the most useful things in Messenger Plus :)

tks a lot!

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by CookieRevised on 01-11-2005 at 12:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vini_d
Hi, I believe this is a bug:  the option of blocking a whole group doens't appear anymore when u right-click the group name. I don't know if u took that out for memory optimization reasons or just forgot to put it, but I found that one of the most useful things in Messenger Plus :)

tks a lot!
it isn't included... yet...

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by vini_d on 01-11-2005 at 12:54 PM

Tks for answering! Hope they include it soon! ;)

RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by jusa_98 on 01-11-2005 at 01:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vini_d

tks a lot!

Remeber this is a "BETA" version and alot of features were disabled before releasing it.  So wait for the full release.  If it's not there it is more likely NOT a bug, just disabled.  But if it is there but is acting un-normal than it's a bug. ;)

J
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Brelys on 01-15-2005 at 03:28 PM

Hello,
I did't check the whole forum but did not find this bug.
I have installed MSN 6 or 7 (same problem), Messenger Plus BETA 340 and HOTBAR.

When I open a conversation, the options window opens and when I close it, Messenger crashes completely. I can't even sometimes restart it.

Is Hotbar incompatible with Messenger Plus ?

A friend has the same config on SP2 and has no problem.

Can you help ?

Brelys

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by marissa on 01-15-2005 at 06:35 PM

Hotbar = smilie central likeish thing that you can ad animated emoticons to your messages from the site?

That could be causing the problem yeah, others have had this problem too. YOur best bet would be uninstaling hotbar and seeing if it works then. :)

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by ShunterAlhena on 01-18-2005 at 06:44 PM

Hello,

My coworker Tamas Varga received a bug report from a Hungarian fella:
If he opens a chat log using the Plus! menu in a chat window, then after closing Notepad, the uncoded text remains in his My Chat Logs folder. This, unfortunately, renders encoding chat logs useless.

I cannot confirm the issue as I prefer not to use beta software.

Balint

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by lopardo on 01-18-2005 at 08:52 PM

Works perfectly here, MsgPlus extracts the decoded log in %temp% and deletes it when Notepad is closed...

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by x-gOd on 01-18-2005 at 09:37 PM

weird thing happening me lately, sometimes some contacts appear with the codes instead of the colors :S
This happens in the contacts list and in the sign in window...

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by marissa on 01-19-2005 at 02:54 AM

Is Plus! loaded for sure? Do you see "Plus!" beside Help at the top of your contact list? Or, is MsgPlus.exe running in your processes list? (Ctrl+Alt+Delete > Processes)

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by John Anderton on 01-19-2005 at 06:33 AM

I dunno if someone's said this but i have colour name related probs.
i cant color my name using /nick and i cnat color someone elses nae while renaming them.
when i use /nick it gives an error that my command is not recognised and yet when i have only typed "/" it shows /nick in that list.
Also when i rename someone and colour their name i cant see their name in colour.
Hope this problem will be fixed in the new version of msg plus (its 3.50 rite ??)

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Edna Mode on 01-19-2005 at 11:53 AM

thats weird, i can get all the colour, are you putting that space after the /nick  ???

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by John Anderton on 01-19-2005 at 01:56 PM

I typed /nick then space then ctrl+k so that colour chart thingy came up and i selected a colout. Then it shows the code which is like a box with a gal standing in it and a number after it. So when i press enter it sayz your name cannot be coloured to ".$ and that number"
Plz fix this in the new version.

RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by x-gOd on 01-19-2005 at 02:47 PM

quote:
Is Plus! loaded for sure? Do you see "Plus!" beside Help at the top of your contact list? Or, is MsgPlus.exe running in your processes list? (Ctrl+Alt+Delete > Processes)

Yes it is.
For eg. sometimes it's coloured, sometimes it's not, it just shows with the color codes.
weird.
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by matty on 01-19-2005 at 07:48 PM

Its done like this to prevent the user from having a blank name so to speak without and characters. Just use /nick CTRL+K and the number and Alt+0160

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by x-gOd on 01-19-2005 at 09:41 PM

what?
It has notin to do with that, it just shows they're normal name like if I didn't had Plus!

And u don't need the ctrl+k for the blank nick, just use the ALT+0160

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by matty on 01-23-2005 at 02:10 AM

Event Log:
Unless the Event Log window is opened then the Preference for the Event Window is checked. If it is closed the option is unchecked. (Plus! Preferences > Logging > Event Logging > Display all Messenger events in a window )

If the option is disabled then the Transparency and Max events should be disabled.

---------------------------------------------------------
Plugin Based:
If no user is logged in then the DefaultConfiguration key is loaded to display the last user logged in. Thus in the Plus! Plugin API sUserEmail in Initialize displays that instead of Nobody when no one is logged in.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Morpheous416 on 01-25-2005 at 11:41 PM

Forgive me if this has already been addressed.

One thing I noticed right from the start, I installed the beta of MSN 7....ran it, and seen all the little emoticons people use in the contact list...then, installed beta 3.4 of Plus, and those disappeared from the list....they are now just keyboard characters.

No need for a quick fix on my end, as I don't particularly care.  Just wanted to add to the convo.  This is a wonderful program by the way...

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Jimmeh on 01-27-2005 at 07:05 AM

ok not really sure of this is a bug, but be interested, i never got around to trying it for older version, and i admit that its not that big a deal, but still thought i should mention it
well anyway try typing '/brb /all brb' i figured it would work, but the whole of msn crashes when you do :P....
dunno if its a bug or a limitation of the commands...br nifty if it worked tho, thanks anyways GREAT work Patchou

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by brad__bomb on 01-29-2005 at 03:15 AM

One of the things I noticed about desktop contacts is that if you have contacts show up on the desktop while offline, change some of the colours, and then have only online contacts show up, the colours go back to whatever setting they were last time the online contacts were the only ones up. Position and size don't change back though.

I was also thinking: would it be possible to have a different colour defaults for contacts in a select groups? Such as Group A is all-red, Group B is all-green, etc. Maybe have it underneath "Save as Default..." as "Save as Group Default..."?

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by x-gOd on 01-29-2005 at 02:10 PM

why Plus! still have that bug that when I'm with a personalized status and if I write something with won't show upo the emoticons on my nickname?

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Stan on 01-29-2005 at 06:33 PM

When you enable custom names it removes the emoticons from the contact list and toast pop ups and replaces them with the text shortcuts.  Also the custom colors for contact names aren't displayed in the new message pop up, only the sign in pop up

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by x2zen on 01-29-2005 at 07:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stan
When you enable custom names it removes the emoticons from the contact list and toast pop ups and replaces them with the text shortcuts.
That's beacuse the custom name feature uses the "Show by email" function in MSN Messenger and therefore Plus! cant show anything but text.
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Stan on 01-29-2005 at 07:54 PM

Aaa of course I see now.  Would be nice if Plus! could process the tags and replace them with emoticons again though.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by mdc on 02-01-2005 at 02:50 PM

Bug: when i put contacts on the desktop and later press the "show desktop" button in windows, they all disapear. you could  get them back when pressing a contact window or msn main window. would be good if you could pin them to the desktop.

Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by jdjb78 on 02-03-2005 at 11:30 PM

I am having a problem...it says " Sorry but you must have Messenger 4.6 (minimum) installed on you system for Messenger Plus! to work properly." I have messenger beta and messenger plus beta. I tried reinstalling messenger plus but i had no luck. also i reinstalled msn messenger. It worked one day and stopped the next...Any ideas?

Jeremy

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Patchou on 02-04-2005 at 06:53 AM

You're probably using a weird add-on with your Messenger ;). My guess is that your msnmsgr.exe file was changed by something.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by jdjb78 on 02-04-2005 at 07:19 AM

I used resource hacker to check...all things say 7.0 in msnmsgr.exe...Is there anything else i can do?

Jeremy

Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by rb_87 on 02-09-2005 at 11:40 PM

Bug

When You Have the chat log encryption enabled you cannot open the chat logs.  The logs say incorrect password.  Installing an older version of Plus sorts this out but older versions are not compatible with MSN msgr 7.  :(

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by rockwell on 02-10-2005 at 06:08 AM

Ok I've read this thread mostly and I'm pretty sure this hasn't been brought up yet but I apologise if it has:

Windows XP Proffesional SP2
MSN Messenger 7.0 BETA

I'm having an issue with the Event Log Window where it seems it doesnt want to display anything unless I block then unblock someone which seems to kick it into life. It's a small problem and it looks like I'm the only one getting it so its probably my computer being stupid. But I thought I'd bring it up.

Keep up the good work Patchou. :) Loving your program.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Ahmad on 02-13-2005 at 07:47 AM

quick texts dont work

windows xp pro sp2
msn7.0.0604 beta
msgplus! 3.40.112

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by L. Coyote on 02-13-2005 at 07:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ahmz_055
quick texts dont work

windows xp pro sp2
msn7.0.0604 beta
msgplus! 3.40.112
If you're not an Official MSN Messenger BETA tester you can't have that private version, so it's illegal.
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Chestah on 02-13-2005 at 07:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
quote:
quick texts dont work

windows xp pro sp2
msn7.0.0604 beta
msgplus! 3.40.112
If you're not an Official MSN Messenger BETA tester you can't have that private version, so it's illegal.

Hence i wouldn't count on Patchou releasing an update for an illegal version of msn messenger at least until its released officially
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Ahmad on 02-13-2005 at 08:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
quote:
quick texts dont work

windows xp pro sp2
msn7.0.0604 beta
msgplus! 3.40.112

tell me something i don't know :)
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by L. Coyote on 02-13-2005 at 08:37 AM

quote:
tell me something i don't know :)
If you know, why are you discussing this version here? :s
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Edna Mode on 02-13-2005 at 08:41 AM

and ofcourse some features wont work, it hasnt been made for that version, we didnt know it even existed until a couple of days ago

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Ahmad on 02-13-2005 at 08:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Violet
and ofcourse some features wont work, it hasnt been made for that version, we didnt know it even existed until a couple of days ago
which is why i posted - sheesh i'll stop trying to help if that's what you all want
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by L. Coyote on 02-13-2005 at 09:07 AM

quote:
which is why i posted - sheesh i'll stop trying to help if that's what you all want
:) It's good to help. You can help all you want. But the point I was trying to make is that an illegal version can get you and even Patchou in trouble, so we shouldn't be talking about it.

Plus, if you read other threads about this leaked version, you'll find that it has already been stated that commands and other things from MsgPlus! do not work with this version.

But until Patchou doesn't have this version in his hands/PC, he can't fix it.

I hope I haven't offended you. (Y)
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by TristanTJ on 02-13-2005 at 11:55 AM

patchou if you install your windows in an other directory he doesn't see msn messenger becouse he's only looking in the windows map and not in your standard map where you instalt windows can you fix this bug plz?

System startup by andylong on 02-13-2005 at 11:59 AM

Not actually a bug, but...

I've noticed that MSGPLUS3 beta (3.40.112) puts more than one entry in system startup.
I mean, I've found MessengerPlus3 in my HKCU\(...)\Run key with the path
"C:\Programmi\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe" /WinStart
and another MessengerPlus3 in HKLM\(...)\Run with
"C:\Programmi\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"

I suggest taking care at this coz it looks completely useless.

Patchou...great work. Wish i could help;)

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Tochjo on 02-13-2005 at 12:54 PM

quote:
I suggest taking care at this coz it looks completely useless.
There is a good reason for that though, it's supposed to be like this. Perhaps Msgplus Startup Registry Entries, CookieRevised's reply to Startupmonitor issue and Patchou's reply to Hooking Messenger Plus! 3 :)
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Kryptonate on 02-13-2005 at 01:24 PM

Small message: Please don't report any problems with Plus! 3.40 beta if you are using MSN Messenger 7.0.0604. It is known that some things don't work the way they should work. It will be solved in 3.50 (which will be released in about a month).

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by TristanTJ on 02-13-2005 at 06:34 PM

what is the exactly date of the release

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by x2zen on 02-13-2005 at 06:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TristanTJ
what is the exactly date of the release
There isnt an exactly date but around 10th of march, as for MSN Messenger 7 thats in April.
Prefix by nico9julio on 02-14-2005 at 09:03 PM

It seems not to work.
MSN 7.0.0425
MSGplus 3.40.112

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Babou on 02-22-2005 at 05:28 PM

I'm sorry my english is not perfect, because I'm french. I know there is a lot of problems with beta 3.40 and MSN 7.0.0604. But, i just ask you one question : After i've downloaded the install file of beta 3.40 i can't launch the install. I don't have any error message or anything else. Just a microsoft sound wich indicates me there was an trouble... Can you help me? Because, of course, i tried to got back to msn 70.04xx but beta still doesn't work. Help me, and sorry for my english is bad :D

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Weyzza on 02-26-2005 at 09:46 AM

I'm unsure if this has been reported.

I encountered a freeze uninstallation window twice when I was uninstalling MsgPlus 3.40.112 while using MSN Messenger 7.0.0425.
The window simply did freeze after I clicked OK to uninstall.

I got it twice because I was curious what the problem was.

I had no plugin installed.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by berju on 03-04-2005 at 03:13 PM

Hi, i have problem to install msg+ 3.4 . I have downloaded in the tread and also on other location so the install don't start.

My brother try also and it's teh same problem.

Can you hel me.

Thanks.

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by sobaum on 03-08-2005 at 12:48 AM

I don't know if someone said it before but when i'll clone an emoticon..(by cliking with the left button on the emoticon)i didn't really test it but I think it don't work with the plus!3.40Beta

sorry about the english I'm brazilian.

RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuartbennett on 03-08-2005 at 07:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by berju
Hi, i have problem to install msg+ 3.4 . I have downloaded in the tread and also on other location so the install don't start.

My brother try also and it's teh same problem.

Can you hel me.

Thanks.

if you are trying to install on a computer running msn messenger 7 beta builds 7.0.0604 or above plus will not install as it doesn't yet support builds 0604 or above yet. this compatability will be in messenger plus 3.50 though. until then uninstall messenger reinstall version 7.0.0425 or lower then install messenger plus which should now work and then if you still want to use messenger 7.0.0604 or 7.0.0632 you can reinstall them after messenger plus has been installed
e-mail monitoring by The_Wezard on 03-11-2005 at 10:33 AM

Hi

Sorry that my first post is a possible bug, think that MSG Plus is generally great!

I used the e-mail notification feature to check e-mail arriving into my account (which has IMAP4 and POP3 portals).  However all my e-mail prior to using this feature has disappeared (as if downloaded and deleted using a standard POP client in default behaviour).

The (abusive, condescending and confrontational (N)) IT tech who I contacted about this problem pointed to the POP server logs and blamed messenger plus.  He also claimed that he installed it and it did the same thing to his e-mail.

Is there a known incompatibility?  This has not happened every time the feature has connected to my account.  From what little I know of POP, you have to specifically issue the "DELE" command to delete the mail, does this happen in Messenger Plus?

I use MSN Messenger Beta 7.0.0425
         Messenger Plus Beta 3.40.112 Beta
         Windows XP SP2

Thanks to Patchou for a great and fun programme

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by msgman on 03-16-2005 at 04:43 AM

Custom names not work in msg3.40
it's show me the email >:

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by Weyzza on 03-16-2005 at 04:49 AM

Have you enable it in the Custom Name panel?

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by CookieRevised on 03-16-2005 at 05:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by The_Wezard
I used the e-mail notification feature to check e-mail arriving into my account (which has IMAP4 and POP3 portals).  However all my e-mail prior to using this feature has disappeared (as if downloaded and deleted using a standard POP client in default behaviour).

The (abusive, condescending and confrontational (N)) IT tech who I contacted about this problem pointed to the POP server logs and blamed messenger plus.  He also claimed that he installed it and it did the same thing to his e-mail.
I find that extremely hard to believe from the IT Techie (reasons see below).
quote:
Is there a known incompatibility?
No, the POP3 feature works perfectly in Plus! Any problems with it are most likely the fault of the POP3 host itself, not Plus!. (eg: the POP3 host not returning the correct amount of unread mails)
quote:
From what little I know of POP, you have to specifically issue the "DELE" command to delete the mail
correct
quote:
does this happen in Messenger Plus?
nope, absolutely not.

Sorry I couldn't help you further. But this has most likely nothing todo with Plus!....
RE: RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by msgman on 03-16-2005 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
Have you enable it in the Custom Name panel?

yes,is show me the email
not the nick >:
RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by haydos on 03-16-2005 at 11:10 AM

In the contact list, go to
Contacts>
Manage contacts>
View contacts by>
change it over

RE: Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta) by stuartbennett on 03-16-2005 at 09:33 PM

ok i have an answer here. there is still a major memory leak in messenger plus. it has to be messenger plus and heres why. when messenger plus is running my messenger often reaches up to about 40,000kb's all by itself. so i killed msn explorer and all versions of messenger i then killed the process for messenger plus "msgplus" and then relaunched messenger my msn messenger is nor running quite happily around the 8,000kb's-10,000kb's region. now then when msn explorer runs yes it still runs at like 55,000kb's of memory but when it's running without messenger plus it still has no effect on messengers memory usage so plus must still have a big memory leak in it. i hope that this will get fixed in 3.50.