Shoutbox

Problem for SW developers with last version "3.62.146" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Problem for SW developers with last version "3.62.146" (/showthread.php?tid=54817)

Problem for SW developers with last version "3.62.146" by POL on 01-10-2006 at 02:19 PM

Hello

This is  a question for Messenger plus software developer.

I'm a software developer too, and I would like to describe a problem with the last version That I upgraded yesterday (09 Jan 2006).

The program seems to work fine. This is Not an operational bug.
But there is a problem Using a developer Evironment like I do. (Visual Studio .NET 2003).

Probably you know that when you launch a program with the debugger, the debugger loads the informations about the running programs.

When the
'C:\Programmi\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlusLoader.dll',
is loaded, it takes a lot of seconds to load it (7, o 8 seconds).
It is really strange, because I've ever used messenger plus, and it has neved caused this problem....

If I kill process msgplus.exe process, everything works fine.

Can you verify if there is something wrong into this DLL?

The Plus version is 3.62.146 (Italian)
the Msn Messenger version is 7.5.0311

Best regards

POL

RE: Problem for SW developers with last version "3.62.146" by Mike on 01-10-2006 at 02:29 PM

Please read this thread: Visual Studio & MsgPlusLoader :)

RE: RE: Problem for SW developers with last version "3.62.146" by POL on 01-10-2006 at 02:52 PM

Thank you for the quick answer... but I don't undestrand how can I avoid the problem with Visual studio. ^o)

Suggestions??

For the moment I have unistalled messenger plus... :S

RE: Problem for SW developers with last version "3.62.146" by Menthix on 01-10-2006 at 03:38 PM

Like raceprouk said, this problem will only happen with the alternate hooking method from Plus!. So to solve it, force Plus! to use the default hooking method. You can do that in the Messenger Plus! settings (Plus! > Preferences > General Options > Miscellaneous > and the set "Messenger Attach Method" to "Default Mode - Forced".

RE: Problem for SW developers with last version "3.62.146" by POL on 01-11-2006 at 09:12 AM

I've tried what you suggest, but it still doesn't work!

I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, but I hope that I won't need to unistall messenger Plus.
I hope that there is an other workaround.

bye bye

RE: Problem for SW developers with last version "3.62.146" by RaceProUK on 01-11-2006 at 04:09 PM

When you changed from 'Alternate' to 'Default', did you reboot?

RE: RE: Problem for SW developers with last version "3.62.146" by POL on 01-11-2006 at 04:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
When you changed from 'Alternate' to 'Default', did you reboot?

Yes, I did!
RE: Problem for SW developers with last version "3.62.146" by RaceProUK on 01-11-2006 at 04:12 PM

Then something must have blocked the Registry change. Are you running any Registry monitoring programs?

RE: RE: Problem for SW developers with last version "3.62.146" by POL on 01-11-2006 at 04:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Then something must have blocked the Registry change. Are you running any Registry monitoring programs?

I've checked  the messenger plus Setting, to be sure that the changes has been applied. They are OK.
If you know a registry key that I can manually set, please, tell me.
Thank you very much

RE: Problem for SW developers with last version "3.62.146" by RaceProUK on 01-11-2006 at 04:29 PM

'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows' is the key I believe. Just remove MsgPlusLoader.dll from the list in the AppInit_DLLs value, and reboot ;)

Edit: Checked, and that is the right key ;)

RE: Problem for SW developers with last version "3.62.146" by kmote on 05-31-2006 at 08:10 PM

I had the identical problem. I did all the required steps outlined above:
1. Changed the Attach Method from "Default" to "Default - Forced"
2. Rebooted
3. Confirmed that the setting was still "Default -Forced"
4. Confirmed that the registry key mentioned does not have MsgPlusLoader.dll in the AppInit_DLLs value.

Problem was NOT resolved.

The Plus version was 3.62.146 (English)
the Msn Messenger version is 7.5.0324

SO, I updated to Plus version 3.63.148. The VS debugger still loads the Plus dll, however it no longer takes 10 seconds as before. (Now it's instantaneous.) So I'm happy.