Shoutbox

Playing full music tracks in conversation - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Playing full music tracks in conversation (/showthread.php?tid=55321)

Playing full music tracks in conversation by Mercyful Devil on 01-27-2006 at 10:34 PM

Hello! I think it would be great tobe able to play full music tracks in the conversation window so that both you and the contakt could hear it!

I mean my contakts has many times asked me what music I am listening to.
They can see the song name and the artist in the main window but noone knows what I'm really listening to. so each time anyone asks, I have to send the entire file to their computer.

It would be fun to let the contakts listen to the music via some kind of streaming 
instead of sending the entire file, because it's faster, and it is nice to the
contakts harddrive space.

Is this possible?

RE: Playing full music tracks in conversation by zach on 01-27-2006 at 10:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mercyful Devil
Is this possible?
No. That would be illegal.
RE: Playing full music tracks in conversation by Mercyful Devil on 01-27-2006 at 10:44 PM

Ok...

Thanks anyway!

RE: Playing full music tracks in conversation by prashker on 01-27-2006 at 10:56 PM

MSN's new feature in the "activities part" is Music Mix

does exactly what you want to do...its a music player and both people listen at the same time.

RE: Playing full music tracks in conversation by Lou on 01-28-2006 at 03:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
MSN's new feature in the "activities part" is Music Mix

does exactly what you want to do...its a music player and both people listen at the same time.
However, the other person, will not have the file saved on their computer, which makes perfect sense because it would be legal otherwise.
RE: Playing full music tracks in conversation by haydos on 01-28-2006 at 06:07 AM

Please see this thread for more information on music mix.

Note: From looking in your profile I see that you are from Sweden, currently Music Mix does not work in this area if your .NET passport is set to that address, see the abovementioned thread for more information.

RE: Playing full music tracks in conversation by The_Joker on 01-28-2006 at 07:27 PM

There is another way to hear music together.
U simply starts a audio conversation and set the output audio as ur input one.
Go to volume control --> properties --> record --> stereo mixer
(translated to English, so sorry if it isn't the exact words) and choose it,
now tick the option box below it (after pressing ok in the properties).
Start the audio conversation, he should hear what u hear (i.e. the music, and some other sounds if there are :P).

RE: Playing full music tracks in conversation by Mercyful Devil on 01-30-2006 at 12:54 PM

Ok thanks a lot!!!

RE: Playing full music tracks in conversation by The_Joker on 01-30-2006 at 03:09 PM

you're welcome

RE: RE: Playing full music tracks in conversation by Super Dude on 01-30-2006 at 11:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The_Joker
There is another way to hear music together.
U simply starts a audio conversation and set the output audio as ur input one.

The only problem with that >> Its SUPER choppy at times. :-S
Good if clips are short, or if you don't mind abit of choppyness ;-)
RE: Playing full music tracks in conversation by SeRoToNiN on 04-24-2006 at 05:28 AM

quote:
I think it would be great tobe able to play full music tracks in the conversation window so that both you and the contakt could hear it!
is this one possible? for me i mean?
RE: Playing full music tracks in conversation by user27089 on 04-24-2006 at 06:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SeRoToNiN
quote:
I think it would be great tobe able to play full music tracks in the conversation window so that both you and the contakt could hear it!
is this one possible? for me i mean?

If you would've read the thread, then you would've realised that the answer to that is no, you cannot do it using MSN Messenger, unless you do it via. the "Stereo Mix" recording function of Windows XP (see The_Joker's post).
RE: Playing full music tracks in conversation by Solar_custom on 04-24-2006 at 04:09 PM

My volume control doesn't have the option Stereo Mixer. Is there a reason for this. :(

RE: Playing full music tracks in conversation by user27089 on 04-24-2006 at 04:34 PM

Yes, what you need to do is go to:

Options > Properties, then press "Recording", make sure that "Stereo Mix" is checked in the area where it should say, "Microphone", "Line In" etc. press OK, and it should take you to the recording window, check "Stereo Mix", but make sure the volume for it is turned the furthest down it can be without it actually being fully to the bottom.