Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! (/showthread.php?tid=61113)

Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Patchou on 06-25-2006 at 05:04 AM

Heya,

after a bumpy ride during the first couple of hours following the release (way too many people trying to access the site), the site should finally be accessible to everybody. It took a long time but I’m glad I was able to keep my promise and release Messenger Plus! Live soon after Windows Live Messenger, along with its new web site. Messenger Plus! Live 4.00 is finally available to everybody who’s using the new Messenger client from Microsoft. A big thank you to all the people who supported the development since last November, including, but not limited to, the graphic designers, the testers, the translators and the forum helpers.

For a “first” version, I honestly think it’s as good as it could be. I still regret not being able to add the Quick Icons panel back in time but well, this will make future updates more interesting to everybody :). Messenger Plus! Live marks the beginning of a new generation of Messenger add-ons, blending in the interface of Messenger and providing the proper tools to developers who want to add their own features thanks to the new scripting engine.

Once you’ll have downloaded and installed the new Messenger Plus!, make sure to come back and get some of the scripts that are already in the database, courtesy of the beta testers :). Control Messenger with voice commands, manage your RSS feeds, make details search on the web… and this is just the beginning. The Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Engine lets people customize their Messenger in details, with very simple commands. Even non developers can benefit from it to create (with some help) the one option they’ve always wanted in Messenger or by downloading simple self-installing scripts from databases such as the one on this site.

Experience the new features of Messenger Plus! Live now, have fun with the scripts, and have a terrific summer! This web site is still pretty new and some things (like a proper translation) are still missing but we’re working on it! We will monitor the upgrade closely to make sure you all get the best experience possible. If needed, updates will be posted in a timely manner. Thank you ALL for your incredible support, I sincerely hope you will be satisfied with what you’ll see and remember to post your feedback on the forum, we’re here to listen :).

Patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by NiteMare on 06-25-2006 at 05:06 AM

great job patchou,

just a few site errors here you can fix when you get around to it
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61103

go ahead and take a break, you deserve it

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by prashker on 06-25-2006 at 05:08 AM

Patchou you know what everyone is going to say so I don't have to say it ;-)

fiiiiine :P

You are doing a awsome job (y)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by MX-G on 06-25-2006 at 05:08 AM

right, great job Patchou, nice design, and congratulations for your hard work ^^ :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 05:10 AM

Yup great job wish i could get it working but great job on the site and everything.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by dylan! on 06-25-2006 at 05:10 AM

I love the new design!:O... great job Patchou(Y) You've done it again;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by user44571 on 06-25-2006 at 05:12 AM

You did a great job Patchou :D

It was heaps of fun testing Plus!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Poom on 06-25-2006 at 05:17 AM

After downloading and testing it out for about 1 hour, I have to say that this new version is awesome! Despite the radical changes, many of which I don't enjoy and prefer the old way, it is still a big improvement overall.

Changes I do not like:

1. BB Code for formatting
Yeah, it is cleaner and more logical. Still, it takes more space and now there is no colour dialogue when I click Ctrl+K. There is the formatting button though, so this is not that bad, but I wonder if older versions will be able to view the formatting...

2. Preferences categorize different features in a new way
Although I like the new categories, which is not messy like the old one now, it is hard for me to find what I'm looking for. For example, I would think Sound would be in conversation and polygamy in customize, etc. The preference is a lot cleaner though, although it does take more space.

3. No emoticon window!
=O I thought this would be the easiest to implement.... Well, it is something that I used most often in Plus!, I am sure this is for other users as well. It will be back in the next build, so that's ok... (It should be in every build though. =P)

4. Ctrl+Up Ctrl+Down instead of PageUp PageDown
I am just simply used to the old shortcuts and it would take me a while to change... >.> Why not an option to select the shortcut?

5. Plugins are now out...
Stuffplug and Screenshot sender are what I love and I wonder if Scripts can fully replace these... They do not seem to be able to, in my opinion. There are plugins in the up coming builds of WLM though...

There are a lot more that I like though:

1. Old features that are similar to each other are combined!
Boss Protection and Messenger Lock always made me thought they should be combined to a feature, as well as Filter and Quick text, and so on. Now, they are combined! This seems a lot more logical now, but what about turning messages received to another message? My friend would die because he hates abbreviation like lol and turned them to haha instead. (Weird person, I know...)

2. Features become more advanced
Floating contacts get more choice of colors. Notifications get more choice too, as well as other features. I am loving these new options. =D This wins me a lot of points

3. New formatting button in conversation windows
I thought that this would be cool when using 3.6 and now it is added. =D

4. Logging can now be in XML.
This is completely awesome! Now, I can see handwrites and emoticons!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by NiteMare on 06-25-2006 at 05:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Poom
Yeah, it is cleaner and more logical. Still, it takes more space and now there is no colour dialogue when I click Ctrl+K. There is the formatting button though, so this is not that bad, but I wonder if older versions will be able to view the formatting...
both formats are supported in plus! live, so you can go back to the other style
quote:

3. No emoticon window!
=O I thought this would be the easiest to implement.... Well, it is something that I used most often in Plus!, I am sure this is for other users as well. It will be back in the next build, so that's ok... (It should be in every build though. =P)
its coming, remember how big the program is, its been recoded from scratch
RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Chestah on 06-25-2006 at 05:20 AM

nice :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Eddie on 06-25-2006 at 05:28 AM

Great job patchou!! :D You do an awesome job! :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by x2zen on 06-25-2006 at 05:29 AM

Wee :D

Great work Patchou, you did it great

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Poom on 06-25-2006 at 05:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
both formats are supported in plus! live, so you can go back to the other style

The thing is, IRC style gets automatically converted to BB and all... Also, Ctrl+K no longer gives us a popup window with a choice of colors. Besides, will BB style be formatted to 3.6-? I'm not having such a problem with this change though.

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
3. No emoticon window!
=O I thought this would be the easiest to implement.... Well, it is something that I used most often in Plus!, I am sure this is for other users as well. It will be back in the next build, so that's ok... (It should be in every build though. =P)​
its coming, remember how big the program is, its been recoded from scratch

;)
RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by hello on 06-25-2006 at 05:46 AM

i hope the live version of this, we can both use plugins and scripts

i miss the plugins :(

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by -Bogan- on 06-25-2006 at 05:48 AM

Great stuff Patchou and good work to all the testers who helped out.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by hello on 06-25-2006 at 05:49 AM

quote:
After downloading and testing it out for about 1 hour, I have to say that this new version is awesome! Despite the radical changes, many of which I don't enjoy and prefer the old way, it is still a big improvement overall.

Changes I do not like:

2. Preferences categorize different features in a new way
Although I like the new categories, which is not messy like the old one now, it is hard for me to find what I'm looking for. For example, I would think Sound would be in conversation and polygamy in customize, etc. The preference is a lot cleaner though, although it does take more space.

3. No emoticon window!

I am just simply used to the old shortcuts and it would take me a while to change... >.> Why not an option to select the shortcut?

Stuffplug and Screenshot sender are what I love and I wonder if Scripts can fully replace these... They do not seem to be able to, in my opinion. There are plugins in the up coming builds of WLM though...

1. Old features that are similar to each other are combined!
Boss Protection and Messenger Lock always made me thought they should be combined to a feature, as well as Filter and Quick text, and so on. Now, they are combined! This seems a lot more logical now, but what about turning messages received to another message? My friend would die because he hates abbreviation like lol and turned them to haha instead. (Weird person, I know...)

2. Features become more advanced
Floating contacts get more choice of colors. Notifications get more choice too, as well as other features. I am loving these new options. =D This wins me a lot of points

3. New formatting button in conversation windows
I thought that this would be cool when using 3.6 and now it is added. =D

4. Logging can now be in XML.
This is completely awesome! Now, I can see handwrites and emoticons!

how come for the personal message i can not paste, copy, cut. i always customize my message with symbols etc and now i can not use it :(
RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Discrate on 06-25-2006 at 05:51 AM

Yay!!!!! go patchou i love the new forum theme and the new site!!! but most of all i love plus live!!!!! :P

Great job!

RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Poom on 06-25-2006 at 05:58 AM

quote:
​Originally posted by hello
how come for the personal message i can not paste, copy, cut. i always customize my message with symbols etc and now i can not use it :(

I can copy/cut/paste just fine... I don't really get what you mean though... You mean formatting don't work with personal messages? They don't work with me either.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Panzer Dragoon on 06-25-2006 at 06:10 AM

patchou i know you are working hard and everything.. but i thought i would address this issue with the head of command here

i have not been a pluss user for a long time but in the short ammount of time i used plus! 3.63 i grew to love it like i love msn itself

i have tried to download plus live almost everywere but no matter what it does not let me use the functions... the only thing it lets me do just now is look at it

i cant change my name colour
i cant send auto sounds
i cant open any of the little icons in the chat bar
my personal status auto message does not get sent when someone starts a convo with me
my quick texts dont work
:@:@:@:@:^)

as you can see this is almost every feature of Plus! Live i cannot use

if anyone has a reason to why this has happened please let me know because i have posted in the help threads and when i went into the actuall help chat it was only people needing help there and a few people with the same problems.

also when i downloaded the file from the official site my antivirus detected multiple trojans inside it :-(

pm me if you have a soloution to the problem and i will be sure to tell others with the same problem as me

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by t1a0s on 06-25-2006 at 06:14 AM

Plus Live is amazing, great work Patchou!:D

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by ice2003 on 06-25-2006 at 06:27 AM

Hey long time user first time poster , I just wanted to say cheers Patchou always a pleasure using your work. :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Matti on 06-25-2006 at 06:31 AM

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) Grrrreat work, Patchou! (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
Messenger Plus! Live is now ruling over my WLM. :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Lusifee on 06-25-2006 at 06:42 AM

yeah ... thanks Patchou (Y) great Job

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Max on 06-25-2006 at 07:07 AM

Well done, Patchou. :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by huwnet on 06-25-2006 at 07:27 AM

Thanks

RE: RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by hello on 06-25-2006 at 07:45 AM

quote:
quote:
​Originally posted by hello

I can copy/cut/paste just fine... I don't really get what you mean though... You mean formatting don't work with personal messages? They don't work with me either.

In the personal settings, where it shows you can edit your "display name" i can not copy, paste or cut anything from there, i wanted to change colors for it but it wont let me, personal msg is fine (sorry if i said it wrong) :$
RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Lt.Col.DraGon on 06-25-2006 at 07:52 AM

Good job Patchou!, Keep up the good work as usual!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by xneocoelhox on 06-25-2006 at 07:57 AM

Woooo hooooo..... Plus! Live rockz. Gr8 job patchou.... man it's been a long journey for MsgPlus.. still remember Plus! 2. But i miss the MsgPlus model... :(. where is she?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Patchou on 06-25-2006 at 08:03 AM

The Messenger Plus! Babe is resting in her castle.

If you have bugs to reports, please create a new thread :).

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Panzer Dragoon on 06-25-2006 at 08:06 AM

i am sorry to say but i have tried this and it has not solved the problems  i am having :-(

here is a link to my thread about the problem
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61...d=674317#pid674317

can i ask that if people downloaded the build that leaked while it was in beta testing are the people having this problem

and patchou might this have any relavence to the problem
RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Eljay on 06-25-2006 at 08:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

what he means is he has her locked up in a dungeon! :O

*cough*

great job as always Patchou :P
RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Banner on 06-25-2006 at 08:16 AM

Great job Patchou!!! That is wonderful!!!!

Patchou do you know when it will be translated Turkish?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by matt.rbk on 06-25-2006 at 08:27 AM

all good and everything but when i installed it half of my msn name was grey:S dunno wots going on there.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by -50CeNT- on 06-25-2006 at 08:31 AM

it works good

but how can i make my nick with colour?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by absorbation on 06-25-2006 at 08:32 AM

I have really enjoyed testing the Messenger Plus! Live. Oh and take a break now :P.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by RaPLeX on 06-25-2006 at 08:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -50CeNT-

it works good

/name and select colour.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Panzer Dragoon on 06-25-2006 at 08:41 AM

*curls up and cries*

this was a pain in the neck
then it became a bit annoying
and next i couldnt cope because i missed it so much
now i am getting ready to throw this stupid comp out the window,

patchou could you post your email or summit so i can email you the details cause i bin up all night trying to get this fixed :-(

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by x2zen on 06-25-2006 at 08:52 AM

Build 235 has been released :O

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Terry_K on 06-25-2006 at 09:08 AM

Awesome Work(Y)

I managed to get Messenger Plus! Live one hour after its release (which is much better than how long it took me to get Messenger Plus! (I only got it in November 2005 [4 years late])).:$

Back in 2001, i didn't even have MSN Messenger. I got MSN Messenger in 2003.

The only reason I managed to get Plus! Live is because Patchou posted a list of mirrors.:)

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Salem on 06-25-2006 at 09:11 AM

quote:

Well, some really cool things can indeed be done with MessengerPlus! Live scripts. Screenshot Sender Live (which is a MessengerPlus! Live scripting version of Screenshot sender) is in the works. And from the early stages, can do pretty much what Screenshot Sender 3 could do.

As far as StuffPlug goes, well...the forthcoming release of StuffPlug will in any case be its own stand-alone addon for Windows Live Messenger, and will not require MessengerPlus!.

~Salem(@)
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by CookieRevised on 06-25-2006 at 09:19 AM

quote:
Exaclty my reaction when I first saw the new (beta) build.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Some support:

But please remember, this thread is not for giving support. If you have questions or problems first search the forums for an already existing thread about the problem or question. If no such thread exists, create your own in the proper subforum.

quote:
Changes I do not like:

The color dialog is also something I miss....

Plus! 3 doesn't interpret the new BBCode format codes. Users of Plus! 3 will simply see the raw codes.

But you can set the type of codes used by Plus! Live though. For this go to Plus! > Preferences > Customize > Main. There you can change the setting to "Use IRC style format codes".

Setting this to IRC style makes that Plus! Live will use the old codes again and thus your contacts who still use Plus! 3 will be able to see the colors again.

quote:
I agree on this. I find using PageUp/PageDn easier.

Dunno the real reasons why this wasn't included anymore. (the shortcuts aren't used by Messenger itself either so...)

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hello
i hope the live version of this, we can both use plugins and scripts
i miss the plugins :(
Script can fully replace plugins. In fact, there is no reason why you wouldn't be able to use external DLL files in the scripting engine. And this is also how you could port some old plugins into this new scripting engine: by creating a wrapper script.

Since the scripting engine is the well known JScript (and not something uniquely to Plus!) you can do almost everything with it. Especially since Patchou added the possebility to call external DLL functions, Window APIs etc.

For most plugins, it would be relative easy to recreate them with the new scripting engine.

Also note: The stuff which is introduced in Windows Live Messenger are called "addins", not "plugins"... Not such a big issue, but it is less confussing when the stuff is called by its proper name, so we all know about what we're talking about... Addins will be Microsoft's answer on developping your own stuff for Messenger. However there are some serious limitations with addins. For example you will never be able to run more than one at the same time.

quote:

1. (...) but what about turning messages received to another message? My friend would die because he hates abbreviation like lol and turned them to haha instead. (Weird person, I know...)
Again scripting comes to the resque. You can do all that (and many many things more) with the scripting engine.

In fact, quicktext and wordfilters and such could also have been created with the scripts.

Granted, you need a small bit of programming knowledge, but that shouldn't be a big problem seeing how easy it is to get started. And I bet sooner or later someone will make a small script which does just that.

quote:
Originally posted by Panzer Dragoon
i have tried to download plus live almost everywere but no matter what it does not let me use the functions... the only thing it lets me do just now is look at it
(...)
if anyone has a reason to why this has happened please let me know because i have posted in the help threads
(...)
Since you've created your own thread about this problem (which is the right thing todo (y)), do not crosspost this issue anymore. This announcement thread is normally not meant for giving support to questions...

It would become a big confussing mess if everyone starts to post their problems in this thread and no proper support can be given here anyways.

quote:
also when i downloaded the file from the official site my antivirus detected multiple trojans inside it :-(
This is the big old issue that exists since as long as the sponsor program exists and nothing new (though it might scare some people it is absolutely nothing to worry about; there are no trojans nor other virusses in Plus!).

Plus! comes with an optional sponsor program. Many anti-whatever programs do not make a distinction between adware, spyware and virusses or at least making a distinction between the various levels of adware, etc.

The sponsor is optional and is adware. Because it is optional it is never ever forced upon a computer without the explicit agreement of the user. Some anti-virus programs detect this as being a trojan. However, this is absolutely not the case, the sponsor is adware, nothing more. It are those anti-virus programs which don't do their job properly and scare people by giving false alarms.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Time for the queen of folk for another photoshoot with the new merchandize? :p

quote:
i am sorry to say but i have tried this and it has not solved the problems  i am having :-(

here is a link to my thread about the problem
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61...d=674317#pid674317
Please stick to that thread. Also, be patient. When a problem like that is presented it is normal it isn't fix within the minute.

quote:
Originally posted by Banner
Patchou do you know when it will be translated Turkish?
Please stick to the thread about this: "No Turkish translation in MsgPlus Live?"

quote:
Just as you would before. Simply use the /nick or /name command:

http://www.msgplus.net/help_tutorials.php?tut=multi-format-colors
RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Zahid™ on 06-25-2006 at 09:19 AM

Great job (Y).

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Salem on 06-25-2006 at 09:22 AM

quote:

it works good

In a chat window do the following:
  1. Type /nick <space>
  2. Press the Format Panel button on the bar in the conversation window
  3. Select you colour
  4. Type <your nickname> where the cursor is
  5. Press Enter or Send
    [/list]

To change you PSM (Personal Message), do the same as above, but instead of typing /nick type in /psm

Note:
    • Where it says <space> press Spacebar on your keyboard
    • Replace <your nickname> with the text you want in your nick name

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Varish on 06-25-2006 at 09:33 AM

Great work Patchou, Love the Scripting feature!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by JetLi on 06-25-2006 at 10:04 AM

Hi Patchou
great work :P:o)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by vinga_furios on 06-25-2006 at 10:16 AM

[size=2][color=red](Y)very good patchou i was up all night just to get plus live i love`t www.drift2.com/myspace/uploads/nfs.jpg

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by vinga_furios on 06-25-2006 at 10:20 AM

(H)very nice way to make messenger alive good work patchou(Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by reisyboy on 06-25-2006 at 10:25 AM

Congratulations Patchou!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Death001 on 06-25-2006 at 10:33 AM

Its finally Here. YAY!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by theguy on 06-25-2006 at 10:55 AM

Good job Patchou. Another good release. Well worth it, in my opinion.

theguy

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Fuzzles on 06-25-2006 at 11:13 AM

Great work Patchy!!!!!
Best Ever! I love it :D!!! Keep up the great work

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Barrytje on 06-25-2006 at 11:15 AM

Why isn't it possible anymore to display the names like:
Nickname - original name - personal message

I really liked that in the old msn, but now you can only use the nickname instead of the name the contact itself chose, so now I miss everything what is said in his name..

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by flypegasus® on 06-25-2006 at 11:16 AM

good work patchu ;)

i've downloaded Live Messenger Beta several weeks ago but only could used it for 1 hour or less just because there was no "PLUS" and "STUFFPLUG" :)

I've waited for today to setup MSN live messenger again with the PLUS extension.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by ycwkpp898 on 06-25-2006 at 11:24 AM

Thank you for such a great piece of software.

Well worth the wait. now just to wait till i can get on the mpsounds.net and mpscripts.net sites.

Well done.

THANK YOU.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by LEE123 on 06-25-2006 at 11:28 AM

Congrats patchou I'm off to download it!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by GroteSmurf on 06-25-2006 at 11:29 AM

The new version of Messenger Plus! is just awesome!!!!!!! THANK YOU very very very much for this fantastic piece of software! It was definitively worth the wait!

RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Poom on 06-25-2006 at 11:33 AM

quote:
&#8203;Originally posted by Salem
quote:
&#8203;Originally posted by Poom

Well, some really cool things can indeed be done with MessengerPlus! Live scripts. Screenshot Sender Live (which is a MessengerPlus! Live scripting version of Screenshot sender) is in the works. And from the early stages, can do pretty much what Screenshot Sender 3 could do.

As far as StuffPlug goes, well...the forthcoming release of StuffPlug will in any case be its own stand-alone addon for Windows Live Messenger, and will not require MessengerPlus!.

~Salem(@)

Ya... I just tried some scripts there are and I like most of them. It seems like scripts have a lot of potential. Actually, it is like plugins with a new name and a new way to code in a way. I begin to like it this way now, no need to install, small file size, and integrates itself with Plus! in a better way. The plugins were more like standalone application inside plus with all different interface; scripts seem to be nice and clean. Patchou should have named it something else, because it made me thought that they will be a /xxx command without a their own interface. =O I just want more of them now!!!! =P
RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Gioyna on 06-25-2006 at 12:12 PM

Uao!!!I love thi new version!!!
Thanks u a lot!!!

Gioyna

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Varish on 06-25-2006 at 12:16 PM

guys, go digg the news, its gonna boost the popularity a lot ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by John Anderton on 06-25-2006 at 12:17 PM

Man the new forum theme and stuff looks hot :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Nagamasa on 06-25-2006 at 01:07 PM

Good job Patchou! You are one of the resons why I'm proudly Canadian and peux parler en francais parce que j'habite en Ontario!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Reload2 on 06-25-2006 at 02:01 PM

The new Plus! Live is just awesome!! The fact that we waited so long time for it makes it MORE awesome (Y)(Y)(Y) !! (btw, I can't seem dl the build 235, at 85% or 90% it stops :S someone got a mirror?)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Death.Knight on 06-25-2006 at 02:15 PM

Wwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooow! this new release is the best experience!!!! Patchou i love you :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Fabio89 on 06-25-2006 at 03:48 PM

yeah im without words....it's so awesome...you're the best!!really great job!! ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Kero-chan on 06-25-2006 at 03:55 PM

Great, now it does work, great job Patchou.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Lizzie Borden on 06-25-2006 at 05:13 PM

:o) Thanx so much Patchou! Keep up the awesome work :bow:

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by (V)oribundenVampir on 06-25-2006 at 05:25 PM

A great piece of work. Thank you very much for all the hard work for so many months Patchou.
As a counterside, I see some features that I found very useful in the past not present in this latest release. (change state with shortcut for instance, conversation window's bigger custom sound dialog, and in the custom dialog some useful features like massive hide/unhide). Yet, it's great. Thanks!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by jren207 on 06-25-2006 at 07:25 PM

Great work Patchou (y)

It's certainly something much better than before, and I love it :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by mike88 on 06-25-2006 at 07:31 PM

i don't know why but my computer is being a piece of garbage with the new Msg Plus! Live.... for some reason whenever i try to install it i recevie this message:

You do not have proper security rights to install Messenger Plus! Live on this computer

I don't understand how this is possible when i'm the administrator...

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by ins4ne on 06-25-2006 at 09:28 PM

great work :D love the new plus too much :D:D:D thank you very much patchou :D I (L) YOU

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Stef on 06-25-2006 at 10:47 PM

best work (L):D
but i miss something :O

i hope it comes soon :p the best extansion :$

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE- on 06-25-2006 at 10:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stef
best work (L):D
but i miss something :O

i hope it comes soon :p the best extansion :$

You should say it so Patchou knows what people want in future releases/updates :). Anyways, Great work Patch! Love it =) I thought the new website for it was unbelievably sexy too. Good Job and keep up the awsome, supurb and all the other descriptive words up :)
RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by jaspie on 06-26-2006 at 02:20 AM

I know what's missing ~

We use to just type "(" and all the emoticons would pop up in a little window ~ That was good......I miss that ~ It was very handy.....hope you can make it again ~

Thanks for MSGPLUS ~

Jaspie

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Reload2 on 06-26-2006 at 02:27 AM

~ Well Patchou said that he would add it in another release ~ but you could still use the wlm shortcut ~ it's Ctrl+E ~

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Panzer Dragoon on 06-26-2006 at 06:02 AM

you know i just noticed something that i used alot in the old one

the feature that removed the 5 custom emoticon per message rule :-(

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by welshboy222 on 06-26-2006 at 06:57 AM

I like the way you can change the colour scheme i've got mine green. Also I would like to thank Patchou and others for making IM what it is today!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Karki on 06-26-2006 at 07:51 AM

The new version is very good!
Thank you Patchou and Team!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by elvis32 on 06-26-2006 at 07:55 AM

I love Plus! very much indeed; I should congrulate you, builders and supporters all...

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Grue on 06-26-2006 at 08:18 AM

I love the new version!
Good Work and thanks for all the hard work that goes into plus!
:)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by fergofrog on 06-26-2006 at 08:41 AM

Great Job Patchou. I sent you the email of the problems i'm having with it.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Bionic on 06-26-2006 at 09:05 AM

Excellent work and I really love design so much! :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by (V)oribundenVampir on 06-26-2006 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE-
You should say it so Patchou knows what people want in future releases/updates :).

Where am I supposed to do that? I have a few good ideas I would like to share with him.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by thestephman on 06-26-2006 at 06:21 PM

When Will Messenger Plus Live! Get Plugins, Does Anybody Know?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by John Anderton on 06-26-2006 at 06:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thestephman
When Will Messenger Plus Live! Get Plugins, Does Anybody Know?

Messenger Plus! Live has scripts so use them ... goto http://messengerpluslive.net/scripts/browse/ and check em out

If you wanna know more about scripts then goto http://messengerpluslive.net/scripts/ :)
RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by thestephman on 06-26-2006 at 06:25 PM

Thanks

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Griffo on 06-26-2006 at 08:27 PM

Awesome job Patchou! Loving it :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by [Tin_Man] on 06-26-2006 at 09:31 PM

wow... it's great Patchou, thanks a lot :D

and the new "right click on a contact that have (lots of sites) to open" is really great now, ehehe :)

i post some suggestions a doubts here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61660

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by vinga_furios on 06-27-2006 at 12:42 AM

;)hey people msgplus live rules i just love it[Image: wgB1Jnhk.jpg]

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by icp89_cor on 06-27-2006 at 05:33 AM

Yeh!!! Msg plus live is so cool! Been waiting for ages that it comes out and its finally here :D
Keep it on!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Pipish on 06-27-2006 at 09:33 AM

Great job patchou gotta hand it to you

i'm loving this design not much change but brilliant

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by DJ Preach on 06-28-2006 at 03:35 AM

I have the new messenger live  from msn and downloaded messenger plus live and after the install it wont let me log in to the messenger at all even after a reboot can ya help me please:^)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by jacker60 on 06-28-2006 at 09:09 AM

hey the final release of messenger plus live was very important for very people (i can't enter to the site that day :( and i've been preesing f5 like someone who doesn't have nothing to do :p, after 20 minutes I can download the first public version :D) very nice job!!! ;) the only thing i miss is the emoticon custom panel (yes they said it on other reply) but I know that in coming versions it will be there :), congratulations, great job!!!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by NMe on 07-01-2006 at 09:02 AM

I'm a little disappointed. MP!L is missing some of the features I used a lot in the previous version. For example, the hotkey functionality for personal statuses. When there's someone at the door, I don't have time to click through menus, I just want to press ctrl-shift-z (or any other combo) to enter a status. Why was this removed? And for that matter: why were all statuses except for Away and Busy removed from the personal status window?

Also, the fact that none of my old plugins works anymore is pretty bogus. Patchou wrote that scripts are way more powerfull. Well, I don't want them to be powerfull, I want them to work. Powerfull scripts are a security risk in my book.

I've always used this program, and I will always keep using it, but right now, I don't like the way some functionality has just been stripped or at least altered. The program feels like something that rushed into production just because WLM was released earlier than expected or something.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by (V)oribundenVampir on 07-01-2006 at 03:46 PM

I agree with all of what you said, know it.
I am also thinking on going back to MSN 7.5 and installing MP3 to have in control all the old features that were (temporaly) removed from MP4.

It is obvious that many features had to be removed because of the imminent release of Windows Messenger Live. The bad thing is that we don't see Messenger Plus updates very often so I guess we'll have to attach to this mutilated release, get used to it; or resignate and go backwards to the previous versions. After all, Live Messenger is not also a great release after all, IMO. MSN 7.5 is powerful enough to use it until a newer release of both MSN and MP.

It seems shortcuts for personal status and the emoticons panel (the later, I don't really use) are the 2 more desired features to come back.

Keep on the good work, Patchou. For the sake of the product and for the 100% satisfaction of all people! :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by JoeMyladoor on 07-22-2006 at 01:09 PM

I've been having problems downloading messenger plus it always seems to hang at around 99% and after a while it comes up with "Internet Explorer cannot download MsgPlusLive-401.exe from ..... The connection with the server was reset".

I have always had this problem and I'm not sure why as I am able to d/l other files from other sites without problems.....can anyone post a zip file of Messenger Plus like they used to do on the mirror sites...cheers

RE: Messenger Plus! Live is PUBLIC! by Sunshine on 07-22-2006 at 04:26 PM

Hotkey functionality for perso statusses is back in the latest build:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=699905]

The emoticon panel is also back.

Edit: Plus!Live 4.01.0.240 zipped (direct download link from my site, link valid for 30 days or till next update...wichever comes first).