Shoutbox

A lot of functions lost... :'( - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: A lot of functions lost... :'( (/showthread.php?tid=61234)

A lot of functions lost... :'( by Zayl on 06-25-2006 at 10:52 AM

Hello ! I'm French and I'm a little disappointed because I didn't find my favorite functions :

- Where the heck is the function "quote" ?? I can't quote any more in my conversations :'( Can we add it?
- What did you do with the option "Put a nickname to a contact" ? Because of course we can do it with WLM, but the problem is that when we put a nickname to a contact, when we put the cursor on this contact we only see the nickname we have given him (and NOT his original nickname) ! So will there be an "Msg plus! Extra" function to do like in Msg Plus (normal) ?

PS: But what I love is the search engine in the Msg Plus! Sound ;p, great !

Note: Does somebody know how to not regroupe all the instant-messages you send in ONE instant message (till your contact doesnt talk) ?

Thanks a lot for your replies...

RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by AamirJ on 06-25-2006 at 11:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Zayl
- What did you do with the option "Put a nickname to a contact" ? Because of course we can do it with WLM, but the problem is that when we put a nickname to a contact, when we put the cursor on this contact we only see the nickname we have given him (and NOT his original nickname) ! So will there be an "Msg plus! Extra" function to do like in Msg Plus (normal) ?

You can see their names by right clicking your contact, clicking on edit nickname, and then deleting the nickname
RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by mufaa on 06-25-2006 at 11:20 AM

Yes many of the features has been taken out.

I miss the feature u can add shortcut to ur personalised status. It was very useful and u cld assign ur status quickly.

RE: RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by Darkshrimp on 06-25-2006 at 11:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AamirJ
quote:

You can see their names by right clicking your contact, clicking on edit nickname, and then deleting the nickname

yea but..that's very very troublesome..
RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by Ian2773 on 06-25-2006 at 11:48 AM

quote:
Note: Does somebody know how to not regroupe all the instant-messages you send in ONE instant message (till your contact doesnt talk) ?

That's a WLM feature, but to disable it, go to Tools > Options > Messages and tick the box where it says Show "contact says" before every message.

Hope that helped.
RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by Zayl on 06-25-2006 at 12:12 PM

Thanks a lot Ian2773 :D

RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by jerone on 06-25-2006 at 12:33 PM

quote:

i really mis that option also, all my prefious names has gone lost

i thought ofcourse this option will stay, so i didnt backed it up, now its lost

i like the rest of MsgPlusLive though
RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by CookieRevised on 06-25-2006 at 12:48 PM

quote:
- Where the heck is the function "quote" ?? I can't quote any more in my conversations :'( Can we add it?
The old Quoting Feature has been redesigned.

It is available in the Plus! menu on the formatting toobar in a conversation: Show previous messages...
[Image: attachment.php?pid=675015]

You can also access this using the shortcuts Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down. To enable these enable the next option in the preferences: Plus! > Preferences > Conversations > Main > Enable quick access to previously sent messages with Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down.

Currently this feature only records stuff you've send, not the text from contacts.

quote:
- What did you do with the option "Put a nickname to a contact" ?
The custom contact feature is not (yet) added. It might be in the future.

See: "CookieRevised's reply to Rename Contact feature - Gone?"
RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by Crazymalaysian on 06-25-2006 at 12:49 PM

I dont think these features were removed, just that Patchou probably wanted to make the deadline and in doing so, had to remove some functions to make it on time. Messenger plus was completely rewritten for this version, and so progressively we'll probably see all of the missing features back in future revisions.

RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by Darkshrimp on 06-25-2006 at 01:03 PM

ok, found out something, if you have the tabbed chat on, the person's original name will appear on the bar :) so it's all good.

RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by Mr. Bougo on 06-25-2006 at 01:39 PM

We can quote ourselves but we cant cquote the others :(

You know, the /quote command :(

I miss it too

RE: RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by Dan0208 on 06-25-2006 at 02:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mufaa

I miss the feature u can add shortcut to ur personalised status. It was very useful and u cld assign ur status quickly.

Yes I too am greatly missing the feature to be able to change to personalised status's by use of shortcuts. I used this many times a day and had many useful shortcuts such as alt-s (Sleeping), alt-w (At Work), alt-a (Not Home), alt-o (Changes back to online status), etc.

Does anyone know if this is possible another way (ie now im WLM etc) or am i missing it somewhere in the MPL preferences? or is it no longer available?

Thanks
RE: RE: RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by CookieRevised on 06-25-2006 at 02:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dan0208
quote:
Originally posted by mufaa

Yes I too am greatly missing the feature to be able to change to personalised status's by use of shortcuts. I used this many times a day and had many useful shortcuts such as alt-s (Sleeping), alt-w (At Work), alt-a (Not Home), alt-o (Changes back to online status), etc.

Does anyone know if this is possible another way (ie now im WLM etc) or am i missing it somewhere in the MPL preferences? or is it no longer available?
Always search forums first before creating a post or asking a question ;):

Personalised status shortcut
RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by grik on 06-25-2006 at 03:14 PM

I hope renaming and backup will be implemented again, even if it takes some time, i can wait before upgrading to WML and Plus 4.

You rock Patchoue even without putting the renaming function in this version !!

RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by Qureshi Sahab on 06-25-2006 at 04:05 PM

Hello, everyone.

Yes, I miss the "Custom Names" feature, as well. That kept my Messenger looking much more organized and easy to browse. Another thing missing is the option to remove the Advertisement window in the Main Messenger Window. Hopefully they will be available in the future with an update on Plus.

RE: RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by -rafy- on 06-25-2006 at 07:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Qureshi Sahab
Another thing missing is the option to remove the Advertisement window in the Main Messenger Window. Hopefully they will be available in the future with an update on Plus.

That was removed from plus ages ago....Patchou has said that that 'feature' is gone for good. Use a patch instead.

As for custom names, the feature is already intergrated into wlm.
RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by Qureshi Sahab on 06-25-2006 at 09:54 PM

Hmm...Where can I find a patch to remove this Advertisement window?

RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by alphax45 on 06-25-2006 at 10:17 PM

The patch from Mess.be will do it

RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by Chris4 on 06-25-2006 at 10:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Qureshi Sahab
Hmm...Where can I find a patch to remove this Advertisement window?
quote:
Originally posted by alphax45
The patch from Mess.be will do it
Please search the forum :D

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61365
RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by cooldude_i06 on 06-25-2006 at 10:25 PM

Personally I would like to see the Word Filter feature in the next version of Plus! Also the Nickname feature in MP3 was better than it is in WLM because in WLM, if you give the contact a nickname, you can no longer see their original name in the contact list.

But considering that Patchou had to recode everything from scratch, it is very impressive

RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by Patchou on 06-26-2006 at 05:22 AM

Some of the features you mention in this thread will definitively be back, I'm still working around the clock to make sure you don't miss them for too long. Remember that Plus! Live was recreated from scratch and I didn't want to postpone the public release much longer.

RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by watchout on 06-26-2006 at 10:11 AM

It's good to hear some of the named features will return..

I would just like to note that also I am missing the two features mentioned in this thread.

The shortcut for personal statuses and the "add original name to nickname" which allowed me to see the original names as well...

You did a great job either way patch, looking forward to the progress of MP!L

RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by ~*McoreD*~ on 06-26-2006 at 02:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AamirJ

Plus! > Contact List Clean Up also works. :)

IMO Patchou shouldn't bother introducing similar functions.
RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by tbcat on 06-26-2006 at 07:08 PM

I miss (among other things) the option to know if the contact has plus and the "otaku patchou photo" when you typed "/patchou" (as an anime fan myself :P)

Patchou is just not him without Osaka :P

RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by CookieRevised on 06-26-2006 at 07:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tbcat
I miss (among other things) the option to know if the contact has plus
This was never included in the previous version either simply because this is an invasion on the contact's privacy.

If your contacts don't want you to know they have Plus!, you also shouldn't be able to still get that info.

If you want to know if your contacts have plus you can use the /ping command. If their is a response your contact might have Plus! installed (or another addon which responses the same way). But do note that if nothing is returned it doesn't automatically mean they don't use Plus!, it might well be possible that they have turned off the response to the /ping command.... This will also not be automated.

RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by Patchou on 06-26-2006 at 07:38 PM

tbcat: true, that's why Osaka is now on msgpluslive.net directly :)

RE: RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by tbcat on 06-26-2006 at 08:18 PM

hehe, I hadnīt seen it :P

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by tbcat
I miss (among other things) the option to know if the contact has plus
This was never included in the previous version either simply because this is an invasion on the contact's privacy.

If your contacts don't want you to know they have Plus!, you also shouldn't be able to still get that info.

If you want to know if your contacts have plus you can use the /ping command. If their is a response your contact might have Plus! installed (or another addon which responses the same way). But do note that if nothing is returned it doesn't automatically mean they don't use Plus!, it might well be possible that they have turned off the response to the /ping command.... This will also not be automated.

I was talking about that ping option, in plus 3.??? it was in contact info window... I didnīt know you could use it manually by typing /ping, thanks ;)

All the same, by using this command, previous plus versions could save the answer in the contact info window, so that you didnīt have to use ping again if you forgot... It would be great to see this feature come back :)
RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by dreamerboy on 06-26-2006 at 11:15 PM

Hey

Hope some options will be back soon cause i cant stay with live messenger without the IRC commands ( / online, / away, / nick etc ).

Also, I noticed that when I have more than 1 person in a tabbed chat ( exemple : P1 and P2) , when i minimize the window  when i was talking to P1, and that P2 talks afterwards, in the taskbar, its the P1 name blinking.
With msn 7.5 + Messenger Plus, it was switching to the name of the talking person, and therefore, by clicking on it, i was directly in the chat with the right person ( i hope you see what i mean).

I also have a problem since it seems like the Auto accept file doesnt work :/
I think I ll re-intsall msn 7.5 for some time :P

Ah ... last question ... does Live Messenger has file resuming feature ?
Or do you have to turn on the sharing folder option for it ?
Cause if the other person doesnt have live messenger, u cant send a file if your folder sharing feature is activated ...

Again, disapointed by MS ( im used to it) cause features present in ICQ 1999 are STILL not here.
Instead of that, you got new design, new smileys etc ... => useless stuff.... its sad  in a way ... dont you think?

Anyway, thanks for reading and advices,
Bye,
Dreamer

RE: A lot of functions lost... :'( by JAB Eassplus on 06-27-2006 at 01:26 AM

is it possible to do a command like "/xchatname" that comes with stuff plug? I love that command.... cos you can have a nick only for conversation windows , diferent from your display name in contacts window.

Sorry for my english :P