Shoutbox

What the hell is going on? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: What the hell is going on? (/showthread.php?tid=67211)

What the hell is going on? by user27089 on 10-11-2006 at 06:00 PM

Honestly people, what the hell is going on with this forum at the moment?

I've been coming here for almost 3 years now, and in the past year it's quality in posts has dropped a hell of a lot, it's not everybody and i'm not blaming everybody but it's really aggrevating me, i'm sure it's aggrevating a hell of a lot of other people too.

There are too many threads being created that are just pathetic which nobody cares about, too many arguments... It seems that people flame each other at any given time and just rip the piss out of each other, I remember when this actually used to be a communitiy, but now it's not it's just been broken down into different groups of people.

I used to really like coming to the forum and helping people, but now it seems that in every thread there are those people who have not got a clue what they're talking about, please think before you speak and try not to guess what you have to do... Another thing that's really aggrevating me is the fact that a load of people go through posts just saying "yes, i have this problem too", that's really not required, I'm not going to set any rules or anything, but do you really need to post this?

People should stop spamming, most of the crap that's spammed isn't even funny at all, all of the videos and the pictures are just pathetic and if I see one more I don't know what I'll do, but it won't be good.

The communities reputation is at stake here if people don't think before they post, this used to be a much more reputable community for some of the members came here and just seemed to ruin it, people only seem to care about two things: their post count and their reputation, and it's pathetic... You're here to help, ignore those... if you're helping then you're killing two birds with one stone, if you read what I just wrote carefully you'll understand what I mean.

There are also some people out there who feel the need to be assholes to everyone, please to God be nice to people, even if they don't have the same beliefs as them, at least don't do it in public to humiliate the person, do it via. private message and have it out in private. Doing something publically is not always the best thing, it means others will get involved and it's just not what this forum needs.

A lot of forum members have left because of what i've said above, a lot of these people were good people who didn't have to leave, and it's all our fault, if they would've stayed i'm sure the forums quality would be a lot better than it is right now. I've considered leaving this forum many times, but I can't do it, I've even had to hide General Chit Chat, Poll Station and Testing & Trashing because it was getting on my nerves so badly.

Sorry if I've offended anyone, I'm sure you're all ready to have a royal scream at me after reading through this post, most of you will think I'm being a complete and utter wanker, but it has to be said, it was going to be said sooner or later anyway. I'll probably add to this post later when I think of something else relevant to say.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
"What are you doing to make the Plus! Forums an even better community?"

RE: What the hell is going on? by vaccination on 10-11-2006 at 06:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

Sorry if I've offended anyone, I'm sure you're all ready to have a royal scream at me after reading through this post, most of you will think I'm being a complete and utter wanker, but it has to be said, it was going to be said sooner or later anyway. I'll probably add to this post later when I think of something else relevant to say.

Not at all, your right it needed to be said, and i'm glad someone did. I do like T&T as much as the next guy but i swear there is about 3 threads all full of the same thing. I spam, i know but some of the stuff lately and the recent bashing and crazy stuffs that's been going on are too crazy. I haven't been here long enough to say what it was like before or whatever. But i have still seen the decline. :\

meh
</whine>
:P

RE: What the hell is going on? by Chris4 on 10-11-2006 at 06:28 PM

quote:
most of you will think I'm being a complete and utter wanker
Nah, you're right.

I've noticed that there is too much spam, too much arguing and too much lying :S

Would be nice if everyone just read Traxors post and took in what he is saying and try and change your attitude, if you know your doing something that isn't going to help anyone, like arguing, restrain yourself from doing so.

I think a good phrase to for forum members to read would be:
Or maybe it's just pathetic...8-)
RE: What the hell is going on? by Menthix on 10-11-2006 at 07:06 PM

You're right, this has been going on for quite some time now... I remember the big topics that were here after I returned from being away for some time that were about the same thing. It doesn't seem to get better.

Partly this is something that comes with getting bigger, the more users and kind of community gets, the more people will drift away from eachother and fights and such drama will happen. But we are going down pretty fast, loosing a lot of great members. It would be very cool to get the old spirit back in the community, but I just don't know how.

RE: What the hell is going on? by prashker on 10-11-2006 at 07:09 PM

I suppose I have been spamming too much

quote:
all of the videos

:sad: Even mine :(?

I know that there is a loss of quality in the forum.
quote:
There are too many threads being created that are just pathetic which nobody cares about, too many arguments... It seems that people flame each other at any given time and just rip the piss out of each other, I remember when this actually used to be a communitiy, but now it's not it's just been broken down into different groups of people.

Well, I do not think any major changes should be made of this. I think all we can do is urge others to um....do the opposite :p (I am probably one of the people who posts useless threads and stuff....but I can talk serious when I need to)
quote:
I used to really like coming to the forum and helping people, but now it seems that in every thread there are those people who have not got a clue what they're talking about, please think before you speak and try not to guess what you have to do... Another thing that's really aggrevating me is the fact that a load of people go through posts just saying "yes, i have this problem too", that's really not required, I'm not going to set any rules or anything, but do you really need to post this?

I don't do that :D
quote:
What are you doing to make the Plus! Forums an even better community?

Keep the laughter :)
RE: What the hell is going on? by user27089 on 10-11-2006 at 07:10 PM

Yes sam, even your videos are getting really annoying, i watched the first few but after that it just got too overwhelming and they weren't even funny, sorry.

RE: What the hell is going on? by Thor on 10-11-2006 at 07:12 PM

I dunno what to write as I haven't even been here half-a-year...

Anyways I know it's been alot of spam (and I have taken part in some of it... :/) and there has been topics that has been going on and on (like every topic about George :().

What I know for sure is...

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:

What are you doing to make the Plus! Forums an even better community?

Keep the laughter :)

that Sammy is right about that. :)
RE: What the hell is going on? by prashker on 10-11-2006 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Yes sam, even your videos are getting really annoying, i watched the first few but after that it just got too overwhelming and they weren't even funny, sorry.

yay, haters :D

Anyways, yes ok. But that won't stop me from making video's. I take feedback seriously but, still.

Like a few days ago.

I was added by someone and they asked me if I was going to make a new video. I said possibly this weekend and then he cheered.

That makes me happy :)

Anyways sorry for the offtopic-ness. But just had to say that :)
RE: What the hell is going on? by mwe99 on 10-11-2006 at 07:15 PM

In all honesty, the arguing and uselessness made me concentrate on other things.. hence i've been quiet lately

RE: What the hell is going on? by L. Coyote on 10-11-2006 at 07:55 PM

Well, if ain't we bitchin' again?

Why do you even bother? You've started this kind of thread every six months. What does it change? Yes, quite a few will say "oh, yes, trax, great going!". They cut the spamming for a couple of days, and then it all goes BOOM again.

What to do to make a better community?
Report threads/posts with arguments/off-topicness, don't respond to the baiting, remember you're not the only member in the comm, have fun, remember it's not your life support, follow the rules, don't suck up to smods and admins (unless they're Chrono and WDZ :p, nah, joke), don't pretend to be an almighty member, don't help if you know nothing about a topic, don't bitch, etc.

There's T&T, where crap goes. It gets pruned often. But if people find it annoying, why not create an unnofficial forum or some crap like that? Have members go there to spam or something.
RE: What the hell is going on? by MrSwiskey on 10-11-2006 at 08:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tom M. Riddle
Well, if ain't we bitchin' again?

Yeah, theres a place and a way to bitch about other people, and it's called IM services. Not forums...

unless it's a forum about bitching
RE: What the hell is going on? by Joe on 10-11-2006 at 08:12 PM

Yes... i totally agree with you Traxor.. I don't post here often any more, just to get some help from the handful of good members around every once in a while. I hit T&T every once in a while, but i keep things to a minimum, as they should be kept in T&T.

RE: What the hell is going on? by Panachiba on 10-11-2006 at 08:20 PM

Maybe this repeat again....but just post good threads, nice, with a nice conversation,dont stupid threads to disturb or something like that ;) :).

"Remember: You are the community. Just keep that in mind before posting."

RE: What the hell is going on? by DJeX on 10-11-2006 at 08:43 PM

Yep. I agree with you 100% traxor. I don't post as much as I used to. It just seems like pointless threads are being made. Like there mostly lame and unfunny and have no point.

Hopefully this thread will help.

RE: What the hell is going on? by Voldemort on 10-11-2006 at 08:55 PM

I think you are right... one thing would be creating a semi-ban state in which you can only post on a certain subforum and get pruned like once every 5 days or something.....so you could ban people easier because its not that severe....

RE: What the hell is going on? by ins4ne on 10-11-2006 at 09:17 PM

it took long for me to post cuz i read traxors text about 10-15 times cuz i feel attacked here and there. but i think its because hes right. there way too much spam on this forums and the level is going down. every day a bit more. im not that long here (20.10 = 6months) but i noticed that.

me too sometimes i write shit, when im drunk then i annoy people here, excuse me a bit after, then start again. or i open a thread where nobody replies get angry and write shit on other peoples threads.

but the last 2 or 3 weeks (even more, maybe 1 month) i dont visit the forum that often. just to see what new then close window and surf on the net, or work extratime :s.

it always was fun to come here, write with people and laugh. i used to hang on the forums for hours. anyways.

quote:
it's just been broken down into different groups of people.

thats another thing. when i was new here everybody was cool and 'wow he/she knows a lot' 'im such a newb, lets improve'. but now people get (or have always been and i was too naive to see that) arrogant in many ways. there are some members that make me
+o( when i read their posts or reps or whatever. and the new ones which try to do their best? i dont want to be rude but (the members i meant know who they are) next time write 'newb go fuck yourself and leave us cool and highly intelligent assholes alone!!'

that are some little things which suck me at the moment. my english is crap but i dont care. fits good to the current ambiance.

ps: everyone who finds a mistake can keep it :refuck:

psps: @ everybody who got me on msn: tell me your oppinion.
RE: What the hell is going on? by lizard.boy on 10-11-2006 at 09:21 PM

quote:

No, not really. You can really see the quality of Stuff going downhill, and lots of members aren't bothering to show up any more, whether its because of RL or because of the downhill issue.

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
I think you are right... one thing would be creating a semi-ban state in which you can only post on a certain subforum and get pruned like once every 5 days or something.....so you could ban people easier because its not that severe....

Not really worth it, too much effort for WDZ or Chris/MyBB Team. It would be more to the point if you just got a whack from Chrono's banhammer for a few days.

I personally really need to get into the habit of pressing the report button more, I'll admit that.

quote:

I have to agree, sorry Sam. Get a blog, and advertise your new videos in the shout box or IRC. I find that all the members now are just posting in T&T, and not really supporting people with issues related to MP!L.

RE: What the hell is going on? by Joa on 10-11-2006 at 10:33 PM

quote:
I'm sure you're all ready to have a royal scream at me after reading through this post, most of you will think I'm being a complete and utter wanker
WANKER!!!
i'm only joking, u know i luv you :cheesy:

u'r right.
this happened around the same time last year too.. maybe it's because people start going to school again and it gets colder outside.. and they feel moody cuz of it.

yeah there's lots of spam and fights, but.. i'm sure it will calm down again. it always did...

anyway, speaking of spam and not helping. i've taken my long long rest and now i'm gonna try helping out a bit again babeh. (H)
RE: What the hell is going on? by Panachiba on 10-11-2006 at 10:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
nyway, speaking of spam and not helping. i've taken my long long rest and now i'm gonna try helping out a bit again babeh. (Smilie)

i think that is fine, the most helper people help to the users.

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
yeah there's lots of spam and fights, but.. i'm sure it will calm down again. it always did...

In all place, exist fights...(i was baned 3 times a cause of that lol ), that always come.

p.d: Now please let me joining to the team! :)

RE: What the hell is going on? by Voldemort on 10-11-2006 at 11:03 PM

It's too many new people coming at once...
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/statistics.php?page=reg

RE: What the hell is going on? by Lou on 10-11-2006 at 11:52 PM

Those are all really good points. Seriously though. I ranted about this in the past and I'm becoming just as bad. We all need to realise that and go back to how it was before: Thinking before we posted.

From here on, I'm limiting my posting.

RE: What the hell is going on? by ~INVASION~ on 10-12-2006 at 12:09 AM

ive pretty much quit the forums

RE: What the hell is going on? by Nagamasa on 10-12-2006 at 12:56 AM

REPLIES

quote:
and in the past year it's quality in posts has dropped a hell of a lot

I've only been here for not even half a year, I've even noticed a drop in thread quality,

quote:
People should stop spamming, most of the crap that's spammed isn't even funny at all, all of the videos and the pictures are just pathetic and if I see one more I don't know what I'll do, but it won't be good.

I try not to spam, and anything close to/is spam, I usually have something along the lines of, ADMIN: please delete this when I'm done asking or delete if i'm wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
I suppose I have been spamming too much

quote:

all of the videos
(Smilie) Even mine (Smilie)?

Those I think are fine as long as they are in the T&T (they dont fit elsewhere srry)

quote:
Originally posted by Tom M. Riddle
Report threads/posts with arguments/off-topicness,

Just reported this thread. I report a thread almost every time I come on.

quote:

Its not actually too many people if you think. A lot of people were on in June because of MP!L and WLM, and there was a decline ever since. And there should be quite a portion of those 'noobs' that ask for help and never return again. Theres maybe only a few monthly that stay here and chat (like me).

COMMENTS/ SUGGESTIONS

I think there might be a need of more people having the ability to move threads, edit/delete threads, etc. so that all the workload doesn't all go to Chrono, WDZ and all the other mods, smods, admins...trax can probably also help (and me).

As a result of all the trash-talk at MP!F, I can barely keep up with the 2 posts per day average because its starting to get boring around here. I used to be on almost the entire time i was in front of the comp (in the summer), and now, I'm on every other day.

Please, do stop spammin...
RE: What the hell is going on? by -Bogan- on 10-12-2006 at 01:05 AM

quote:

Agreed the influx of people can't have helped but it will subside and people will either calm down or leave.

Anyways I haven't ever posted mych on here but when I did in Tech,scripts and other areas it was only to give me opinion and provide "QUALITY" information not just what you think could be the answer.

Peaches mangoes
RE: What the hell is going on? by Hank on 10-12-2006 at 03:05 AM

have to agree with you traxor, but puts or ads another note, why WDZ is even going to bother upgrading this Forum when its going downhill , as some would say, ' why upgrade a sinking ship ' i to have thought Sam has been posting a lot of unwanted crap on the forums when he could/should put it on his blog, on another note, when MPL4 got released i thought this board would improve, it hasn't ,

RE: What the hell is going on? by Chrono on 10-12-2006 at 03:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NagamasaAzai
I think there might be a need of more people having the ability to move threads, edit/delete threads, etc. so that all the workload doesn't all go to Chrono, WDZ and all the other mods, smods, admins...trax can probably also help (and me).
It's actually funny to see how people only mention me and WDZ, while there are other admins and mods too. i did see that you put "and other mods and admins" there, but people make it look as if they didnt do anything... The fact that they dont post as much as me and WDZ doesnt mean they dont do the job ;)

Taking that aside, im not really sure wether we need more mods or not, i dont wanna start a whole discussion about it again cause in the end it's the admins decision. The fact is that the problem's not exactly the staff that isnt doing the job but the members who're spamming too much. Sure it's easier to 'blame' us, but why dont you think that we wouldnt even need moderators if members didnt spam and did everything following the rules? Adding new staff seems more like a patch solution to me rather than a real solution. We need to teach those members how to behave rather than adding more people to clean up what they do wrong. Besides, YOU can always help us by reporting posts, the reporting system works amazingly good ;).

Anyway, it seems that we have this kind of threads at least once a year, i guess it's a part of the community's cycle. I've been here for over 4 years and trust me i've seen many events happening multiple times, this kind of threads being one of them :P.
RE: What the hell is going on? by marissa on 10-12-2006 at 03:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
why WDZ is even going to bother upgrading this Forum when its going downhill , as some would say, ' why upgrade a sinking ship '

why give up on it though? ;\
don't let it sink.

all the people posting in this thread agree with traxor, so that's ~25 people that are supposivly going to try and help out again or wahtever. joa's right though, this has happened before. we just have our ups and downs. we get over it, and we'll be back to helping out and such. (i'm even trying to help out again, BUT IT'S NOT LIKE I WAS A SPAMMER EVEN ;()

anyways, enough of this shit and go out and make the forum 'a better place' :rolleyes:

edit:
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Anyway, it seems that we have this kind of threads at least once a year, i guess it's a part of the community's cycle. I've been here for over 4 years and trust me i've seen many events happening multiple times, this kind of threads being one of them

so true :lol:
RE: What the hell is going on? by Hank on 10-12-2006 at 03:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa

why give up on it though? ;\
don't let it sink.
im all for that marissa but look, old good member are an have left an to see all this spam an fights an so on going on within the forum is it really worth upgrading ? IMO not really , not till the members an or forum clean up themselves,
quote:
anyways, enough of this shit and go out and make the forum 'a better place' (Smilie)
x2

RE: What the hell is going on? by Joa on 10-12-2006 at 03:47 AM

quote:
we get over it, and we'll be back to helping out and such. (i'm even trying to help out again, BUT IT'S NOT LIKE I WAS A SPAMMER EVEN ;()
it's true u weren't/aren't :(

i just wanna add, that yea i have faith in this forum. the main reason why i even joined it in the first place is because it has such a feeling of community and acceptance. i stayed because people bond here so quickly. there's bickering and what-not but people forgive fast and there's always at least one person here who will have your back. there's always members who act noobyish, but they're moulded into perfect members (like sean for instance <3).  and he changed because we all had hope in him and gave him a chance. we helped him in a sense... by being supportive.. all together. so it's not all bad. it's like we are this huge dodgy family. everybody here works together, we might not see it.. but that's what's happening, even with this thread...
RE: What the hell is going on? by Lourix on 10-12-2006 at 06:20 AM

Maybe its just a phase the forums are going through. But I am disappointed with all the spam posts people have been posting.

RE: What the hell is going on? by kao on 10-12-2006 at 06:58 AM

quote:
wanker.

yes, it has been getting worse for quite a while.
RE: What the hell is going on? by Felu on 10-12-2006 at 07:10 AM

I've been here since mid-april. When I came I saw many spammy threads. I also took part in that spam but it gradually calmed down. now i think traxor is very much right about the spam and pointless posts increasing day-by-day. Though the spam has decreased from what it used to be in the summers. I too think that this should be stopped and should even think about helping the others with their problems and questions rather than creating those pointless threads in testing and trashing. Try taking yourself in place of the people who seek for help. You'd appreciate spam or help regarding you questions/problems. Help right? Don't you want to get a solution to your problems as early as possible? The same is the case with other people who come to this forum to ask help for MP!L and WLM or even older version. I believe most of you joined this place to seek for some help and then started to post crap after you saw others right?

I'd do my best to help all the people who join this forum and would help them with every possible thing i know rather than just posting crap threads and posts.

RE: What the hell is going on? by Fanta on 10-12-2006 at 08:47 AM

I don't see the problem to be honest.

Members whine about the state of the forums, then do something about it and practice what you preach. If there's a lot of spam, I see two options:

1) most members WANT the spam and the forum is merely accomodating
2) Get better staff

And no, that second one is not an attack on the mods and admin, but well, a forum has those mods and admin to keep the place in check. If there's twenty repeat threads in a forum RAM THAT REPORT BUTTON. Stop whinig and do something about it? :o)

RE: What the hell is going on? by Underlord on 10-12-2006 at 08:55 AM

Three words.
Live with it.

RE: What the hell is going on? by John Anderton on 10-12-2006 at 09:03 AM

I agree with what undies said and id like to say one more thing. There are a lot of people who may post replies like "omg yeah the spam is increasing" and then go and spam themselves. I dont want to point fingers but this happens ALL THE TIME. Improve yourself and

quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
Live with it.

RE: What the hell is going on? by John Anderton on 10-12-2006 at 09:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
Yes, your all saying "OMG I know, its a problem" but its you guys that are doing this. Ive been here for a while now and im still only on 300 posts.
Oh so since we have more posts, now we're spammers?
You might want to re-frame that sentence Phillip :)
RE: What the hell is going on? by Fanta on 10-12-2006 at 09:20 AM

Shush JA, or no Fanta for you :P

Since posts in T&T still do not count to my knowledge, it's likely that amongst those higher amounts of posts, are quite some quality ones in the help parts of the forums too. Don't feel attacked by a single phrase you read online, because ZOMG!!!11 it's the internet!

RE: What the hell is going on? by Lourix on 10-12-2006 at 09:41 AM

Lets just not worry about it for now many of us have better things to do then argue.

RE: What the hell is going on? by Fanta on 10-12-2006 at 09:50 AM

Where's the arguement?
* Fanta looks around

Your post would, coincidentally, be seen as spam on my own forum.

RE: What the hell is going on? by Nagamasa on 10-12-2006 at 11:03 AM

Well the people that posted here usually not the ones that spam (I dun think I have seen them ever almost). Its usually the people that have lower post count in around the 30-100 range. Maybe they create a help thread, thats 4 posts, and do a little posting in the General Talk and Tech Talk, then the remainder is spam. The probably do this because they have not have enough time to make themselves loyal to the fourm (unlike us posting here). I'm not trying to discriminate against people with low post count, but its usually them that make the spammiest of the spam, sorta like the ones you guys mentioned.

EDIT: 300th post! (well i guess this isn't a time to celebrate)

RE: What the hell is going on? by x2zen on 10-14-2006 at 05:15 PM

quote:
Ive been here for a while now and im still only on 300 posts.
I have been here longer than traxor has and I'm at 734 :)

Why not just lock T&T for like 24 hours?
RE: What the hell is going on? by Stigmata on 10-14-2006 at 11:56 PM

haha :)

just like chrono said, its just like deja vu :D

i remember making a thread just like this.

New wave of people join, forum changes, same old same old..

RE: What the hell is going on? by lordy on 10-15-2006 at 08:42 AM

I think you'd find that having a forum like T&T just practically screams out SPAM MEEEEE.

I can't say I've noticed a HUGE decline in thread quality outside of T&T, however I remember a while back there was an arguement thread at least once a week, I haven't noticed that for a while to be honest (could just be that I'm not reading the right threads though).

Alot of members that were very active when I first started posting here have now gone (or just lurk around, not posting much like myself), and it seems a new generation of posters have taken over.

Things change, I can't say I see a huge problem with the forum as it is now, but everything has it's ups and downs.

RE: What the hell is going on? by Pipish on 10-18-2006 at 11:56 AM

Traxor with all due respect it doesnt take a genius to see the poor quality of the forums it has been spoken about for some time now its not really yours or anyones place to tell the forums member to clean up there act they simply wont the forums have fallen downhill and i do not see them climbing back up again

RE: RE: What the hell is going on? by CookieRevised on 10-18-2006 at 03:33 PM

quote:
And about the spam it wouldnt be spam if the rules wearn't so strict. Yes compared to other forums they are. And this Rep thingy, get rid of it. Its the negative repping thats making people pissed of at each other.
the rules aren't strict enough (in a way). (also, strict rules doesn't mean you can't have fun anymore - much used excuse/reply)

It is not because other forums have a support/spam ration of 50/50 that this forum should. Also, don't compare general subject forums with a support forum which this forum is. In general subject forum it is quite expected that posts are more at random, spamish. In this forum the majority should be helpfull detailed support posts (I'm not saying all).

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
I guess this thread didn't help. oh well.
he he look what I made:
[Image: spam1qp9.jpg]
It's posts like these which aggrivate people.

Also, it's not because there is a discussion that the thread should be reported (I believe someone else in this thread has said they reported this thread. Why?) or that people should spam it.

quote:
Originally posted by Pipish
Traxor with all due respect it doesnt take a genius to see the poor quality of the forums it has been spoken about for some time now its not really yours or anyones place to tell the forums member to clean up there act they simply wont the forums have fallen downhill and i do not see them climbing back up again
It's a good meant effort, and if it converts only 1 person or reminds only 1 person of some things, it would have had its purpose.

Although such threads as these indeed pop up from time to time, they are needed also to remind all of us of what we are suppose to be (a community) and what the main reason for these forums are (support)...

IMHO and my 1 cent.
RE: What the hell is going on? by saralk on 10-18-2006 at 04:07 PM

I totally agree with Traxor. I hope that I am not someone who you consider a spammer.

I know i'm only 17 so can't really comment on age, but I think there are a lot of 13/14 year olds (though, not all, some of the younger people on this forum are the among the best and most helpful members) who spam T&T with utterly useless threads, such as ones that just say two or three words, and are meant to give an impression of halarity through spontaneity.

It usually starts because a few people live near each other in real life, and then start posting in jokes, or people post something that was probably funny on IRC/MSN/Shoutbox but when it comes to making a thread just wastes space.

RE: What the hell is going on? by MC Inferno on 10-18-2006 at 04:49 PM

quote:

I've been coming here for almost 3 years now, and in the past year it's quality in posts has dropped a hell of a lot, it's not everybody and i'm not blaming everybody but it's really aggrevating me, i'm sure it's aggrevating a hell of a lot of other people too.

The communities reputation is at stake here if people don't think before they post, this used to be a much more reputable community for some of the members came here and just seemed to ruin it, people only seem to care about two things: their post count and their reputation, and it's pathetic... You're here to help, ignore those... if you're helping then you're killing two birds with one stone, if you read what I just wrote carefully you'll understand what I mean.

There are also some people out there who feel the need to be assholes to everyone, please to God be nice to people, even if they don't have the same beliefs as them, at least don't do it in public to humiliate the person, do it via. private message and have it out in private. Doing something publically is not always the best thing, it means others will get involved and it's just not what this forum needs.

A lot of forum members have left because of what i've said above, a lot of these people were good people who didn't have to leave, and it's all our fault, if they would've stayed i'm sure the forums quality would be a lot better than it is right now. I've considered leaving this forum many times, but I can't do it, I've even had to hide General Chit Chat, Poll Station and Testing & Trashing because it was getting on my nerves so badly.

quote:

I Feel You.
RE: RE: What the hell is going on? by Kenji on 10-18-2006 at 05:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
quote:

quote:

I Feel You.

:gay:

I dont really think it matters if its in T&T....  but sometimes  there is crap stuff in there.... but it dont matter as its T&T....

well thats what i think. i hardly post in T&T now...
RE: What the hell is going on? by Plik on 10-18-2006 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
I dont really think it matters if its in T&T....  but sometimes  there is crap stuff in there.... but it dont matter as its T&T....

well thats what i think. i hardly post in T&T now...
T&T should never be an excuse to make lame pointless posts. Spamming for the sake of spamming sucks even in T&T!
RE: What the hell is going on? by Panachiba on 10-19-2006 at 03:54 AM

well..that is thing of the admins, moderators,etc.

only them have the power to do something.

if they have agree with that, ok..if not..they do something :P.

RE: What the hell is going on? by user27089 on 10-19-2006 at 06:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pipish

I have as much right in doing so as you do in telling me not to post threads like these.

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
It usually starts because a few people live near each other in real life, and then start posting in jokes, or people post something that was probably funny on IRC/MSN/Shoutbox but when it comes to making a thread just wastes space.

Exactly, most of the threads created are "private" jokes which only one or two people will ever find funny, they're pointless threads that are, quite literally, a waste of space.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
It's posts like these which aggrivate people.

Yep, I was annoyed when it was posted, just because it's going against what I said in the thread completely.
RE: What the hell is going on? by aNILEator on 10-19-2006 at 10:33 AM

Hey trax I feel yabut hey at least it's better than the cky alliance that i used to bum around on :P