Shoutbox

Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING (/showthread.php?tid=69388)

Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Rolando on 12-11-2006 at 11:56 PM

If you are experiencing problems installing Msg Plus! Live, please make sure neither of the following ways to fix the problem works before making a thread.

[Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif]

[Image: on.gif] Problem 1: Msg Plus! Live will not download!
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Go to Tools > Internet Options. Click the Delete Files button.
This will clear your browser's cache of files it has downloaded.
You can now go back to Messenger Plus! Live to download again

You can also try downloading it from simtel. The current mirror will be listed on the MPL's website.

[Image: on.gif] Problem 2:
  • Msg Plus! Live not on messenger, eventhough I installed it.
  • Msg Plus! Live will not work properly, and some functions are not working!
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

One other big reason found so far for all these problems: having an old (or recent) Smiley Central DLL if your Messenger directory. Uninstalling Messenger will not remove this file.

After uninstall Windows Live Messenger, make sure to delete "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger"before reinstalling, this has been proven to fix many problems from people emailing me.

[Image: on.gif] Problem 3: I installed Msg Plus! Live, but when I try to run WLM it now says a dll is missing!

Make sure you've unistalled Similey Central or SweetIM from your computer (Add & Remove programs..). If after doing this it still says a dll is missing, and you tried the two methods above described, try searching for the dll on google. You'll find a place to download it, after doing so, paste it in your WLM/MSG Plus! Live folder.

[Image: on.gif] Problem 4: I get an error message saying "it's not a valid win32 application" when trying to install

Read the following thread to fix this problem: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=67...d=747508#pid747508

[Image: on.gif] Problem 5: I still can't install if after trying all of the above!
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine

If you're still having problems,  then you most likely have programs running wich prevent writing in the registry or you tried to install it on an account without admin priviledges. In that case close down that program and or if you are not sure wich program and/or wether or not your windows account has enough priviledges reboot into safe mode and try to install on the account called "administrator".

Please do remember MSN and WLM are two completely (well, almost) different things. MSN is not compatible with Messenger Plus! Live. If you're using MSN (7.5 or below..), you can download Messenger Plus 3.63 from this link.

Remember that you should download Msg Plus! Live from this link.

If your problem still remains unsolved, try using the search feature before posting. You may think it is boring to use the search feature, but, imagine how other members of this forum feel when they see different threads each day, and they all have the same problem?

[Image: on.gif]Remember: The search feature is your friend!

If you've any suggestion as to what should be added to this thread, PM me.
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by forbidden_fruit on 02-09-2007 at 06:15 PM

I did install plus live but everytime i shut down or restart it`s gone not on the msn so i`ve 2 go and reinstall it again,,why is that?? :^)

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Chocolatino on 02-09-2007 at 06:47 PM

Try This

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by blue_baree on 04-18-2007 at 11:57 AM

i dont hv smiley central or sweet im but Messenger Plus still doesnt work HELP!

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by marsiolgi on 05-02-2007 at 07:41 AM

HELP! I did install messenger plus live but everytime when i shut down or restart it`s gone. its not on the msn so i have to reinstall it again. Why? :(

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by MattyRid on 05-02-2007 at 07:43 AM

the many threads...

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=73710

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=72952

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=72500

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=71605

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=71752

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=71029

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=70359

and the 2 stickies to read before going any further

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=69388

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=70936

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by evilkosmoz on 05-19-2007 at 12:28 PM

First when i install Messenger plus live it works in WLM..
But nowit is not working ...no error is coming..............Messenger live PLUS icon is not in WLM....

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by blacktears92 on 05-22-2007 at 07:30 PM

Help!!! I have installed messenger plus, but it's not here... I can't find it... can u help me? pleeaaase!

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by MattyRid on 05-22-2007 at 07:31 PM

did you 2 read the various links posted just above your 2 posts? and did you follow them to the letter?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by ShawnZ on 05-22-2007 at 07:41 PM

problem one and four have the same solution

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by pinealogik on 05-22-2007 at 08:02 PM

I did everything that people said on these forum, yet I can't make it work. Here's the deal :

I've got 2 user account on my windows XP (Administrator/Sneak).

I cannot make it work under Sneak user. It won't load and icons won't show up when I start MSN Messenger.

So I restarted under Administrator and uninstalled everything (MSN Messenger, Msg plus Live and deleted the folder MSN Messenger). Once that was done I've installed MSN messenger, then Msg plus Live and fired up MSN messenger and everything worked fine! Icons showed up...so Msg Plus Live is working under Administrator.

I then restarted my computer and logged into Sneak (wich is the second account on this computer and have all the right, just like administrator.) I started up MSN Messenger then a window appeared saying ''repairing msn messenger'' and Msg Plus Live didn't appeared in MSN Messenger... So yea, I'm kinda stuck here, I can install it on administrator but everytime I log in using my other account MSN messenger will just reinstall itself and remove Msg Plus Live...I don't get it, what could do this ?

Hope this wasn't too complicated -_-;

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by MattyRid on 05-22-2007 at 08:46 PM

Try disbaling all spyware and anti-virus programs and see if it helps

otherwise it must mean that your other account doesn't have admin privileges, it's the only other possible explanation for it.

You will need to change it from limited to Computer Administrator by logging into the Admin account, go Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts -> "Account Name" -> Account Type -> Choose Administrator -> Exit out then restart.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by CookieRevised on 05-22-2007 at 10:44 PM

Did you have anything else for Messenger installed on the Sneak account? Like other addons for Messenger, like SmileyCentral, Messenger Shell, SweetIM, etc? If so, try to disable/uninstall them (from the account they where installed from)...

Have you ever installed something like those addons at one point, but have you removed them again? If so, please lists them...

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by x_underoath on 06-22-2007 at 06:39 PM

When i try to download plus it says:
An error occured whole trying to access the files of Messenger
Please exit Messenger and try again
If you keep getting this message, restart your computer.

I exit messenger; doesn't work
I restart my computer; still doesn't work.

What do i do??

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by CookieRevised on 06-23-2007 at 02:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by x_underoath
When i try to download plus it says:
An error occured whole trying to access the files of Messenger
Please exit Messenger and try again
If you keep getting this message, restart your computer.
It's impossible to get this message when you download Plus!. Downloading is not the same as starting/running a program or installing.

Anyways, you get this error, during the installation, because the loader of Messenger Plus! Live, msimg32.dll, has been locked.

This means that it can't be updated. To solve this you need to make sure that Windows Live Messenger (and MSN Messenger for that matter) is not running and that Messenger Plus! is not running.

The best thing you can do to make sure of that is to remove Windows Live Messenger, MSN Messenger (if you happen to still use it too) and Messenger Plus! from your Windows startup folder and from the startup entries in the registry. After you've done that reboot your computer.

Another, but more crude, method to do this and without the need to reboot your computer, is to kill all the processes involved. To do this:
1) Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to open the task manager.
2) Go to the processes tab and kill all of these processes: msnmsgr.exe, msgplus.exe, msmsgs.exe
3) Restart the Messenger Plus! Live installer.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by ndysm on 06-29-2007 at 03:41 AM

Everytime I try to run plus! it encounters an error before it even starts up. It won't install at all! I tried to instal 4.23 4.22 and 4.10(or so)..

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by CookieRevised on 07-04-2007 at 12:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ndysm
Everytime I try to run plus! it encounters an error before it even starts up. It won't install at all! I tried to instal 4.23 4.22 and 4.10(or so)..
Please state what exact error you're getting (a screenshot would be nice).
What is the Windows OS version you're using?
What is the complete version of Messenger you're using (Contact List > Help > About Messenger)?

If the error is the same as one described above, please follow the given instructions first. If it still doesn't work, then also list what exact steps you've done...

-------------------------------------------------

If this is a about "AppName: msnmsgr.exe AppVer: 8.1.178.0 ModName: gdiplus.dll ModVer: 5.1.3102.2180 Offset: 00047cd7" then please do not cross-post!!!

Cross-posting is not allowed for the very reason you see happening here. It is of no use to repeat everything again said in your original thread and to start another discussion which would end in the same kind of questions and posts...
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by ndysm on 07-04-2007 at 10:47 PM

oh alright then yeah, its about that question. Sorry. I'll go back to the original thread.

help me...plz.. by happy_ending89 on 07-13-2007 at 03:27 PM

i'm using msn  version 8.1 now.and i had download the correct Messenger Plus that suitable for my window xp. but i cant use it..
it say ! The application or DLL C:\program files\msn messenger\msgsres(2).dll is not a validwindow image. plz check this against you installation diskette. mean wat?

at my window live messenger there hv plus! but software not loaded! An error occures which prevented messenger plus live from loading properly.
i try few times already.. but it still cant work!

any1 can help me??? teach me how to solv it.. plz???

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by CookieRevised on 07-14-2007 at 01:12 PM

Always search the forums first before posting a question.

In this case search the forums with "msgsres(2).dll":

- Error Message When Installing.
- Annoying Error

;)

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by lil eddy f on 07-21-2007 at 09:35 PM

When i dowload Messenger Plus and use it after i av downloaded it, i can use it fine. But when i restart da computer or turn it back on and log on to msn, messenger plus isn't dere n e more. So i av to reinstall it agen?

Does anyone know a way to fix my problem plz???

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by MeEtc on 07-21-2007 at 09:37 PM

yes, see the other sticky thread, Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by lust-ie on 09-09-2007 at 02:54 AM

when i download msgplus it downloads like only 100kb and it says it finished downloading, and when i open it, it says this is not a winrar application etcetc... help?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by MattyRid on 09-09-2007 at 02:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lust-ie
when i download msgplus it downloads like only 100kb and it says it finished downloading, and when i open it, it says this is not a winrar application etcetc... help?
try this instead.... http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=67828
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by lust-ie on 09-09-2007 at 03:00 AM

oh yeah and i had msgplus originally installed on my comp and then like yesterday it just disappeared from wlm, so i deleted msgplus from programs and tried downloading it again >_>

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
quote:
try this instead.... http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=67828

thx but no i tried deleting all my internet files before but it still failed ..

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Oxy on 09-09-2007 at 12:26 PM

tried re-installing winrar? (don't forget to remove the program files folder too ;) )

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by lust-ie on 09-09-2007 at 12:31 PM

.. ........ removing programs file? isnt that gonna delete like practically everything in my comp o_O

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by ahmetgns on 09-09-2007 at 12:40 PM

quote:
.. ........ removing programs file? isnt that gonna delete like practically everything in my comp o_O
I think he meant that when you uninstall something from your computer, don't forget to remove that programs' folder from Program Files folder too, for instance in your case, remove the folders of Messenger Plus! Live and WinRAR
quote:
like yesterday it just disappeared from wlm,
quote:
yes, see the other sticky thread, Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ
quote:
so i deleted msgplus from programs
Make sure you didn't just delete Messenger Plus! Live folder but uninstalled it from Add/Remove Programs window of Windows.
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by lust-ie on 09-09-2007 at 12:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns

like yesterday it just disappeared from wlm,

quote:Originally posted by MeEtc

quote:Originally posted by lust-ie
    so i deleted msgplus from programs

yeah i uninstalled it

but why the **** did msgplus disappear from wlm in the 1st place? like i just opened wlm and it was gone i mean wtf?!
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by ahmetgns on 09-09-2007 at 12:53 PM

quote:
but why the **** did msgplus disappear from wlm in the 1st place? like i just opened wlm and it was gone i mean wtf?!
quote:
Did you think why I gave this link to you?

Edit: Their names can be different on your computer. Check programs which you use with Messenger.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by lust-ie on 09-09-2007 at 12:55 PM

yes, u thought i had sweetim or smileycentral installed but no i don't

lol i had zwinky but i removed that

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by fruityfreak on 09-15-2007 at 02:06 AM

I am still unable to see my Messenger Plus on window live... Is it because I've installed and uninstalled too many times on my computer???

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by missclo on 09-18-2007 at 09:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by q25

After uninstall Windows Live Messenger, make sure to delete "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger"before reinstalling, this has been proven to fix many problems from people emailing me.

Is this sure? It will work after the reinstalling? Because the computer says that the program won't work after that. *-)

I don't want to lose everything :S

( I have tryed but it says that I need messenger 4.7 to install msn plus )

I am sorry if I opened a new thread but I was not sure about the solution.

quote:
Originally posted by fruityfreak
I am still unable to see my Messenger Plus on window live... Is it because I've installed and uninstalled too many times on my computer???

I think that it's the same thing that happened to me but I still can not resolve it and I don't know what to do.
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Rolando on 09-18-2007 at 11:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by missclo
quote:
Originally posted by q25

Is this sure? It will work after the reinstalling? Because the computer says that the program won't work after that. *-)

I don't want to lose everything :S

( I have tryed but it says that I need messenger 4.7 to install Messenger Plus )

I am sorry if I opened a new thread but I was not sure about the solution.

I think that it's the same thing that happened to me but I still can not resolve it and I don't know what to do.

I wasn't the one that said that, if you read carefully, you'll see it was Patchou who said it. I'm sure you can take his word for it, though as he said, it has worked for some people- not all of them.
problems installing Msg Plus! Live by ShortEnergizer, on 09-25-2007 at 11:10 PM

I've removed MSN Messenger about three to four times and the Messenger Plus still isn't integrating and I've read all the other solutions and they don't seem to help much. So, any other solution to my problem?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by chachiee on 11-08-2007 at 07:50 AM

I have a problem when i install msg plus it doesnt let me run messenger . it erases the icon from the system tray and i am unable to run the program. What should i do ? and why is that happening ?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by aznlilboiz on 12-16-2007 at 04:12 AM

i installed WPL 4.50 but i still cant see it on window live 2008
i dont have those thing call smile or whatever that is.

spy/ad-ware checked, cleaned

and still msn plug live 4.50 dont work at all

b4 u going to giving me links, i already checked first couple pages of this thread.

ps: i use XP prof.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by sophielove on 01-03-2008 at 06:47 PM

hello,
i use the latest version of windows live messenger, 8.1
i downloaded plus live 4.5 (the latest one) and it said the installation was successful, i then run windows live messenger and plus is not running with it.
i haven't got installed smileycentral or anything like that or any patches or other add ons, i don't have windows one care.
i have tried uninstalling windows live and plus live, and re installing them both, and i have done so with all of my protctions and blockers turned off, with no success.
my operating system is windows vista.

i have looked at all of the threads and previous posts on this forum and i can't seem to find a solution, i have tried everything.

your help would be much appreciated

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by ahmetgns on 01-03-2008 at 07:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sophielove
It is 8.5, get it from here: http://get.live.com/
quote:
i downloaded plus live 4.5 (the latest one) and it said the installation was successful, i then run windows live messenger and plus is not running with it.
You must run the setup of Messenger Plus! after downloading it from the net. That process is called installation and that is the actual thing which integrates Messenger Plus! Live into Windows Live Messenger. (Sorry if I repeated something you already know, but I must say this at first because I can't know from my chair how advanced a user you are.)
OK, I cancelled this paragraph :P
RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by sophielove on 01-03-2008 at 07:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
It is 8.5, get it from here: http://get.live.com/
quote:
You must run the setup of Messenger Plus! after downloading it from the net. That process is called installation and that is the actual thing which integrates Messenger Plus! Live into Windows Live Messenger. (Sorry if I repeated something you already know, but I must say this at first because I can't know from my chair how advanced a user you are.)
OK, I cancelled this paragraph :P

thank you, okay i downloaded the latest version of windows live from your link, 8.5, it works fine.
i then uninstalled messenger plus live and downloaded it again
and it came up with the invalid Win32 error.
so i read the thread of how to solve this, and it said download from a mirror. so i used the recommnded mirror and downloaded it again, this time it appreared to work fine and once again it came up saying "successful installation" and that to access the new features, i should run windows live messenger.
so i ran wndows lve messenger, and still there is no sign of it, it hasn't integrated itself.

thanks for your help do you have any other suggestions?
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by clair.alvarez on 02-02-2008 at 07:26 PM

hi  sorry to be asking the same thing
i also have the prob of plus being installed but not showing
i don't have sweetim or smileycentral  (never even heard of them!)
i have done the safe mode thing to the letter
i have read all the threads and tried them all
i have the latest versions
i am running vista
funny thing tho
it was working last yr then i upgraded msn and plus and all of a sudden plus wouldn't work i been trying to fix this now for months and it is driving me potty
can anyone sugest trying anything else?

pls help

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Kayle on 02-03-2008 at 04:51 AM

Everytime I try to install it it says "A fatal error occured, the setup seems to be damaged." What do I do?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by MegnMog94 on 02-22-2008 at 05:42 PM

I'm Having Problems With Installing Messenger Plus! Live

About 1/4 Of The Way Thru The Installation It Says
"An error occured while trying to access the files of Messenger.

Please exit Messenger and try again.
If you keep getting this message, try restarting your computer."

I Have Done This With Messanger Logged Off And I Have Tried Restarting My Computer. Nothing Has Helped. :(

Please Help?!

I Tried What Has Been Said Earlier, But It Didn't Work For Me.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by titi47 on 02-23-2008 at 12:04 AM

Bonjour j'ai un question a poser car j'ai installé la version live plus et depuis j'ai pleins de pubs qui s'affichent a mon écran et je ne sais pas comment les enlever elles sont apparues depuis que j'ai installé cette version. Il y a aussi un message d'erreur qui s'affiche a mon écran et je ne sais pas comment faire pour qu'il arrête de s'afficher. Pouvez vous m'aider s'il vous plais car cela m'embête, cette version est vraiment très bien et ce serai dommage de devoir la désinstaller pour remettre l'ancienne version. merci de me répondre assez rapidement.
Cordialement

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by richards677 on 03-02-2008 at 06:37 PM

ive downloaded it but nothing changes

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by oharo on 06-06-2008 at 05:50 PM

I had this problem

when I tried to install mesenger plus

It does not inslall and it shows me this

Lng_Arabic.ini   ------- this error

How can I solve this??

please help me

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by TheLugal on 06-07-2008 at 09:35 PM

Msg+ doesn't get added to MSN Live, I get it in the version that is in windows by default (version 4.7)
What can I do to make it right?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by MattyRid on 06-07-2008 at 09:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheLugal
Msg+ doesn't get added to MSN Live, I get it in the version that is in windows by default (version 4.7)
What can I do to make it right?

Get the correct version of Messenger Plus!...instead of Messenger Plus! Live...try Messenger Plus! 3.63
RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by mcr4eva on 06-10-2008 at 08:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by oharo
I had this problem

How can I solve this??

please help me

I have the same problem.
can somebody tell me what to do to install it?
please:S
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by ahmetgns on 06-10-2008 at 03:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mcr4eva
quote:
I had this problem

How can I solve this??

please help me

I have the same problem.
Can you post a screenshot of the error you got?

RE: RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by ooOMuertOoo on 08-21-2008 at 04:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mcr4eva
quote:
I had this problem

How can I solve this??

please help me

I have the same problem.

I'm having the same problem
HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!! :(
I'm desperate hahaha,
I hate that my nick name does not appear in beatiful colors :P
I'm adding a screenshot of the error
Thank you very much :D
have a nice day
[color=purple]
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by lauRen on 09-02-2008 at 08:18 AM

i have downloaded the messenger plus! thingy but it didnt have any effect on my msn messenger, i downloaded it beacause i was told you can change the sounds for a contact in particular that signs in?
please helllp:)

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Dabbahdabbah on 09-02-2008 at 08:44 PM

Installed messenger plus live, was gonna open it but AVG blocked it and gave message that it was laying a Trojaner in the file. Someone know something about this?

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by djdannyp on 09-02-2008 at 09:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lauRen
i have downloaded the messenger plus! thingy but it didnt have any effect on my msn messenger, i downloaded it beacause i was told you can change the sounds for a contact in particular that signs in?
please helllp:)

Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ

Read the above thread, it sounds like you are experiencing that problem
quote:
Originally posted by Dabbahdabbah
Installed messenger plus live, was gonna open it but AVG blocked it and gave message that it was laying a Trojaner in the file. Someone know something about this?

Did you download it from the Official Website?  As it sounds like you may have downloaded a false version.

Messenger Plus Live is 100% virus free and I have AVG so I know that there are no compatability issues

If it still happens after downloading from the official website could you please post a screenshot of what happens?
RE: RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Dabbahdabbah on 09-03-2008 at 07:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
Originally posted by Dabbahdabbah

Did you download it from the Official Website?  As it sounds like you may have downloaded a false version.

Messenger Plus Live is 100% virus free and I have AVG so I know that there are no compatability issues

If it still happens after downloading from the official website could you please post a screenshot of what happens?

I installed it from i clicked on the link and was taken to the norwegian side [url=http://www.msgpluslive.no/]

When i installed i had a choise of installing the supporter thing that support this msn or something aslo. First time installed that one with the supporter choise it popped up a warning that AVG (free version) found a trojan. I uninstalled the whole program, restarted comp, tried to install it again without the supporter thing. Then it worked fine. Without trojan. 

Here is the pic report of that it found a trojan when i installed the supporter thing from the official side.

[URL=http://imageshack.us][Image: trojaneq0.jpg]

[Image: w1013.png]

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by CookieRevised on 09-03-2008 at 08:14 AM

The warning you got is a false positive. That means that AVG mistakes the sponsor program for a trojan horse. This happens, but you can ignore this warning.

Know that the sponsor program is adware (as explained in the setup page and in the sponsor EULA you need to agree upon), not a trojan, nor spyware.

You say you uninstalled Messenger Plus! after the AVG warning. In that case the optional sponsor should be uninstalled too. So no problems there. If you still encounter a problem you might want to:
1) disable AVG
2) install Messenger Plus! WITH the sponsor again
3) uninstall Messenger Plus! and its sponsor.
4) reinstall Messenger Plus! without the sponsor.
5) Enable AVG again
(4 and 5 can be swapped)

This to ensure that the sponsor program has been removed properly because virusscanners are notorious for damaging the setup file and thus the proper uninstallation procedure of the sponsor.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Francis777 on 09-09-2008 at 04:06 PM

I installed it and it worked but the second time I signed in, I went to talk to someone and wrote "hi" in the box and hit enter, but the "hi" just stayed where it was and it didn't go into the conversation. Now my messenger doesnt work anymore.

I should have said I can't use Msg Plus! Live anymore because of this.
I tried reinstalling it but it didnt solve the problem and I have no Smiley Central DLL.
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by TheS0rr0w on 09-10-2008 at 04:50 PM

Hi.i've read and search many of the previous topic but i don't find any working solution.

I've been using messenger plus for many years now and it's the firts time that i got a problem with it:

some days ago it just stopped working,without any error.i have tried the repairing option, desinstallation and reinstallation (for both messenger plus and live messenger), no luck, it wont "load" (i don't know if it's the exact translation in english, i'm using the french version).

someone have another solution?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Basilis on 09-10-2008 at 05:59 PM

Have you upgraded to the latest leaked beta of Windows Live Messenger? If so, then this is the problem. Messenger Plus! is not compatible with the latest beta and it will not be until the official release of Windows Live Messenger 9.0

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by alassel on 09-21-2008 at 03:35 AM

Hellow .. I tried all above steps . and still cannot install it

It says : installation faild . cannot remove the older version

please .. any body can help ?

thank you

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Sabzy on 09-21-2008 at 12:54 PM

i can not lock my msn even though i press ctrl n space.. and iv downloaded messenger plus! live extension but i dnt hve the plus icon..

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by djdannyp on 09-21-2008 at 04:04 PM

Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ

Try reading this thread first as it sounds like you may be experiencing that problem

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by sienna on 10-02-2008 at 01:52 PM

I have installed MSN 14 and it is not compatible with Messenger Plus!. What should I do? Is there a cmopatible version?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Basilis on 10-02-2008 at 01:58 PM

Read this thread :)
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=85992

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by StephanieDinning on 10-06-2008 at 04:27 PM

Hello. Ok.. I have been using Messenger Plus for a while now. I have had some problems with it all of a sudden. :s  I absolutely love msn so i could really do with some help! I logged into msn live messenger and istead of seeing all of my contacts nicknames in colour like i usually do, all i was seeing was the colour codes :S i have tried uninstalling Messenger Plus and all of msn messenger live to see if tht would fix the problem. But it hasn't! please help me i dont know what else to do and it really annoys me seeing all them colour codes!x

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by djdannyp on 10-06-2008 at 04:37 PM

Do the messenger plus icons still show in the contact list window and conversation windows?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by mulmiz on 11-02-2008 at 09:25 PM

quote:
hi guyz
plus installed fine, no any error msg but da problem is i dont see any plus sign and plus option on MSN 2009 beta
whts wrong
help me plz
Bips

Solved
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by shiiney-boo on 11-12-2008 at 11:45 AM

hi i have a problem that msg+live cant install..
it said it cant access "lng_Arabic.ini" and when i checked
in the languages folder in program files>messenger plus! live> languages it has no lng_arabic.ini..heres the screenshot:
[Image: 33z5u0w.jpg]

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by djdannyp on 11-12-2008 at 01:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by shiiney-boo
hi i have a problem that msg+live cant install..
it said it cant access "lng_Arabic.ini" and when i checked
in the languages folder in program files>messenger plus! live> languages it has no lng_arabic.ini..heres the screenshot:
[image]

New problem with Messenger Plus!

Try reading this thread as it sounds like you are experiencing a similar problem.

Also, please search before posting as often problems have been encountered before
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by liam_15 on 11-30-2008 at 03:32 AM

every time i go to download it says it succsefully downloaded thena pop up comes from norton security saying its blocked something, how can i disable my security?

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by djdannyp on 11-30-2008 at 09:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by liam_15
every time i go to download it says it succsefully downloaded thena pop up comes from norton security saying its blocked something, how can i disable my security?

If I were you I would completely uninstall Norton and use free alternatives like AVG or Avast.

Also, were you trying to download Messenger Plus from the official website?
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by mini-ginge on 01-12-2009 at 05:22 PM

On the new msn, msn9 i think i can't seem to get plus to work at all, ive never had smiley central and it used to work, any ideas:(

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by djdannyp on 01-12-2009 at 05:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mini-ginge
On the new msn, msn9 i think i can't seem to get plus to work at all, ive never had smiley central and it used to work, any ideas:(

have you downloaded the new, compatible version of Plus?

http://mirror1.msgpluslive.net/MsgPlusLive-479b.exe

click the link above to download
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Daims on 01-14-2009 at 08:59 AM

Hi guys, I have updated to the latest beta and my sounds will not send.  I am able to receive sounds from others without issue, all using Live 14.0.8050.1202
I have tried removing both live and plus live, restarting and re-installing both with no luck
Using Vista SP1 (unfortunately)

any suggestions? I don't feel like formatting this thing just yet!

**EDIT** I can play the built in sounds fine... just not added ones which used to work

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by shazlin255 on 01-16-2009 at 07:10 AM

Hello everyone.
I have a problem too.
When I logged into my Windows Messenger Live, which is 8.5 final one, it said "We have encountered a problem" and it had to be logged out immediately. But when I uninstall the Messenger Live! Plus which is 4.70's one, it seemed to work perfectly fine.
I have reformat my pc not long ago and now it's not working. It used to work even thought I reformat my pc.
Help me please

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Acoma on 01-16-2009 at 03:32 PM

Hi All
I have the same thing happening to, and I'v run all the suggested routines of clearing of Windows Live and Messenger Plus, I've ran 2 adaware scans, removed all subdirectories according to fixing this. Installing Windows Live 2009 and immediatly after a Messenger Plus, but Messenger Plus is not seen in the Live application. My version for Windows Live 2009 are V2009(Build 14.0.8050.1202) and the version of Messenger Plus is 4.79b.
Help, anybody please, as I love the features of Messenger Plus to the point i rely on them.
Any asnwers would be greatfully received.
Regards
D.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by SoulEaterEvans on 01-18-2009 at 04:02 AM

I downloaded the messenger plus! for windows live messenger 14... i run the program and it says it succesfuly got installed but when msn opens again plus is not there.... why????

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by robert_dll on 01-18-2009 at 04:46 AM

Did you download from beta link? http://mirror3.msgpluslive.net/MsgPlusLive-479b.exe

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by jaykeknot on 01-24-2009 at 08:27 AM

I have recently been using WLM8.5 with Plus! Live and it worked absolutely fine, then today i updated to WLM09 and then redownloaded Plus! Live again...i sign into msn and it still wont show up that i have it installed...Its not working, even though i fully installed it.

I have read some threads and done some of the things, but it still wont work.

Please help me? :)

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by nymphinblue on 01-25-2009 at 08:10 AM

I have the same problem. Im using msn 2009 version.. Im trying to install Messenger Plus live.. But it never works.. Each time I have the message :

" ERROR TO ACCESS LNG_ARABIC.INI "

WHAT'S THAT???  HEEEELP PLEASE:(

quote:
I had this problem

How can I solve this??

please help me

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by djdannyp on 01-25-2009 at 10:36 AM

Try looking through the search results as this problem has been encountered and solved several times before

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Raziel Z on 01-25-2009 at 07:29 PM

hey about the problem 2 thingy do i uninstall messenger plus aswell ?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by chelsey91 on 01-25-2009 at 11:37 PM

[size=3][font=Trebuchet MS][color=red]HELLLLP.. i have the latest version of windows live messenger but i dont think messenger plus is compatible with it, ive tried restarting my computer and everything, ive had messenger plus before no problems but since ive downloaded this latest windows live messenger it somehow got rid of my messenger plus !! & now i cant get it back !! someone plssss help :(

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Moh on 01-25-2009 at 11:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chelsey91
[size=3][font=Trebuchet MS][color=red]HELLLLP.. i have the latest version of windows live messenger but i dont think messenger plus is compatible with it, ive tried restarting my computer and everything, ive had messenger plus before no problems but since ive downloaded this latest windows live messenger it somehow got rid of my messenger plus !! & now i cant get it back !! someone plssss help :(
Use that link. http://mirror3.msgpluslive.net/MsgPlusLive-479b.exe
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by chelsey91 on 01-25-2009 at 11:58 PM

EVERYONE i have DONE IT lol wooop.. for anyone who has the latest version of windows live messenger (2009 version) i have the solution to your problems :P.. go on this website.. http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/    then where it says 'Users of Windows Live Messenger 2009: download the latest compatible version of Messenger Plus! Live here (in beta).'   click on the link 'here' and there it is, hope this helps !!

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by jaykeknot on 01-26-2009 at 06:50 AM

quote:
EVERYONE i have DONE IT lol wooop.. for anyone who has the latest version of windows live messenger (2009 version) i have the solution to your problems :P.. go on this website.. http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/    then where it says 'Users of Windows Live Messenger 2009: download the latest compatible version of Messenger Plus! Live here (in beta).'   click on the link 'here' and there it is, hope this helps !!

Nope i tried that

But when i went in to windows live it had the 'Plus!' tab at the top..but when i clicked it, it said 'Software not loaded'.

:|

I cant access scripts or see the colored writing, its quite annoying.
RE: RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by djdannyp on 01-26-2009 at 06:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jaykeknot
quote:

Nope i tried that

But when i went in to windows live it had the 'Plus!' tab at the top..but when i clicked it, it said 'Software not loaded'.

:|

I cant access scripts or see the colored writing, its quite annoying.

Try looking through some of these search results as the problem has been encountered before and can have many different causes
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by nymphinblue on 01-26-2009 at 10:57 PM

I HATE LNG_ARABIC INI !!!!!!

IT'S AN UNVISIBLE MONSTER  ':(((

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by nymphinblue on 01-27-2009 at 11:39 AM

I think new messenger plus sucks!

I don't have a problem with my computer.. all softwares are working properly and very well.. I managed to install messenger plus' earlier version but it didnt appear on my wlm window..it said it's done when I installed it!

So where is it?

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by djdannyp on 01-27-2009 at 11:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nymphinblue
I think new messenger plus sucks!

I don't have a problem with my computer.. all softwares are working properly and very well.. I managed to install messenger plus' earlier version but it didnt appear on my wlm window..it said it's done when I installed it!

So where is it?

Did you install it using the small link BELOW the big blue button on the download page?
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by nymphinblue on 01-27-2009 at 02:04 PM

if you talk about the button written "download now 4.63 mb" , yes!

I tried the earlier version.. it's installed but it didnt appear on wlm window, I think it's not the compatible one.. so I tried this for the last time and the same problem with errot LNG_ARABIC.ini.................. :(

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by djdannyp on 01-27-2009 at 02:51 PM

quote:
if you talk about the button written "download now 4.63 mb" , yes!

I tried the earlier version.. it's installed but it didnt appear on wlm window, I think it's not the compatible one.. so I tried this for the last time and the same problem with errot LNG_ARABIC.ini.................. :(

I said the bit BELOW that button

use this link here

http://mirror3.msgpluslive.net/MsgPlusLive-479b.exe

that is the compatible version for WLM 2009.

If you have errors with Lng_Arabic.ini then please search the forums as there have been many topics on this problem, including solutions
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by nymphinblue on 01-27-2009 at 05:03 PM

I tried this and that..all of these:)

so I uninstall wml 2009 and install 2008 (8.5) version.. and I try again these and it didnt work..

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by MeEtc on 01-27-2009 at 05:52 PM

the problem with the lng_arabic.ini file can be solved by looking here:
New problem with Messenger Plus!

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by nymphinblue on 01-28-2009 at 09:44 AM

Yeah I tried to try it:)

But I dont know what does "write regedit" mean.

And this HKEY USERS.. is this a website.. how can I find that key and cahnge it to default? 

sorry:(

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Acoma on 01-28-2009 at 10:45 AM

Well I finally got it working, thank god. lol, heres what I did to get mine working with latest MSN Live 9 and Messenger Plus 4.79b(beta).

1. Uninstall Failed install of Messenger Plus
2. Uninstall Windows Live Messenger(including live assitant , skydrive etc, i think there where 4 items for me to uninstall)
3. Uninstall Kiwee Winks(didnt even now i had installed that)
4. Using Explorer i deleted c:\program files\msn messenger and the Messenger Plus directory and Kiwee Directory.
5. Complete reboot/restart.
6. Installed Windows Live Messenger 2009(removed one or 2 items from optional products)
7. Ran and logged into Windows Live Messenger 2009 and then logged out.
8. Installed Messenger Plus 4.79b (very important to use this version or higher), i did included sponsor to start with and then i have tried uninstalling and all is great.
9. Restarted PC again, and hey presto all works including running multiple instances of MSN.

So im very happy to back running with Messenger Plus. Many thanks for a great product.

quote:
Originally posted by Acoma
Hi All
I have the same thing happening to, and I'v run all the suggested routines of clearing of Windows Live and Messenger Plus, I've ran 2 adaware scans, removed all subdirectories according to fixing this. Installing Windows Live 2009 and immediatly after a Messenger Plus, but Messenger Plus is not seen in the Live application. My version for Windows Live 2009 are V2009(Build 14.0.8050.1202) and the version of Messenger Plus is 4.79b.
Help, anybody please, as I love the features of Messenger Plus to the point i rely on them.
Regards
D.

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by djdannyp on 01-28-2009 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Yeah I tried to try it:)

But I dont know what does "write regedit" mean.

And this HKEY USERS.. is this a website.. how can I find that key and cahnge it to default? 

sorry:(

'write' means 'type'....you type the word 'regedit' into the box that comes up when you press Start, then Run (or if you have Vista, press Windows Key + R on the keyboard)

HKEY_USERS is a location in the registry.....just follow the instructions EXACTLY and it will solve the problem
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by CookieRevised on 01-28-2009 at 11:13 AM

in regards to the previous post (from djdannyp), you should not change the registry key "HKEY_USERS\...". The correct key is "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\...". However, changing this key will most likely not solve anything. See 'CookieRevised's reply to New problem with Messenger Plus! ' why

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by nymphinblue on 01-28-2009 at 12:33 PM

I wrote regedit and open my registry editor window.

I went HKEY CURRENT USERS

there is nothing with messenger plus in software folder..I tried to create it manuall.. it didnt work again..

so it's done for me:(

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by JuppeXXX on 02-08-2009 at 03:20 PM

I have installeds msg plus, but i cant see it except in file. I just cant start the window. What i need to do?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by dajmi on 02-08-2009 at 07:34 PM

Hi everyone! I'm trying to install Windows Live Messenger 9, but I keep getting the same msg (Your computer has a newer version of Windows Live Messenger than the one you are trying to install. To install an older version, first remove the current version and then run this setup again) even though I do not have it anywhere in my comp... any idea what I should do? ^o)

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by djdannyp on 02-08-2009 at 09:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dajmi
Hi everyone! I'm trying to install Windows Live Messenger 9, but I keep getting the same msg (Your computer has a newer version of Windows Live Messenger than the one you are trying to install. To install an older version, first remove the current version and then run this setup again) even though I do not have it anywhere in my comp... any idea what I should do? ^o)

try using ZapMessenger to remove all traces of WLM and then try running the installer again
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by dajmi on 02-08-2009 at 10:48 PM

thanx very very much!! (A)

RE: RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by alpha136000 on 03-02-2009 at 06:34 AM

quote:
Well I finally got it working, thank god. lol, heres what I did to get mine working with latest MSN Live 9 and Messenger Plus 4.79b(beta).

2. Uninstall Windows Live Messenger(including live assitant , skydrive etc, i think there where 4 items for me to uninstall)
4. Using Explorer i deleted c:\program files\msn messenger and the Messenger Plus directory and Kiwee Directory.
6. Installed Windows Live Messenger 2009(removed one or 2 items from optional products)
8. Installed Messenger Plus 4.79b (very important to use this version or higher), i did included sponsor to start with and then i have tried uninstalling and all is great.
9. Restarted PC again, and hey presto all works including running multiple instances of MSN.

So im very happy to back running with Messenger Plus. Many thanks for a great product.

quote:
Hi All
Regards
D.

Heyya, I tried this method but it Didn't work for me :(
RE: RE: RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Moh on 03-02-2009 at 07:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alpha136000
quote:

quote:
Hi All
Regards
D.

Heyya, I tried this method but it Didn't work for me :(
Install the latest version of Windows Live Messenger from here, then install the latest version of Plus! from here. Also, do you have any other add-ons?
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by helenaseta on 03-07-2009 at 10:29 PM

alguem pode me ajudar instalei o novo msn 9.0 e o live so que ao digitar na caixa de mensagens eu nao consigo visualizar o que estou escrevendo sometnte apos o envio. O q fazer?

alguem pode me ajudar instalei o novo msn 9.0 e o live so que ao digitar na caixa de mensagens eu nao consigo visualizar o que estou escrevendo sometnte apos o envio. O q fazer? adicione ursademel@hotmail.com
quote:
Originally posted by helenaseta
alguem pode me ajudar instalei o novo msn 9.0 e o live so que ao digitar na caixa de mensagens eu nao consigo visualizar o que estou escrevendo sometnte apos o envio. O q fazer?
adicione ursademel@hotmail.com
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by blessedguy on 03-08-2009 at 12:06 AM

quote:
alguem pode me ajudar instalei o novo msn 9.0 e o live so que ao digitar na caixa de mensagens eu nao consigo visualizar o que estou escrevendo sometnte apos o envio. O q fazer? adicione ursademel@hotmail.com
She (?) said she's having that "I can't see what i'm typing" problem...
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
2) posting that is useless, as he probably doesn't speak english
You're right =P
A lot of people by here go to orkut.com looking for help, others just google around, and when they can't find the answear, just google for "messenger plus forum" and it leads to here =)
And yeah... The right is: PM the person to ask if she/he wants help with translation. You can't just severely tell them they're wrong in a lanuage they don't understand, will have no results, and they can even go mad with you, and then things go way too bad =P
Back to the problem, first in Portuguese:
helenaseta, ninguém sabe direito de onde esse problema veio, só que muita gente tá tendo ele... =/ Até agora, você pode tentar desisnatalar completamente o Messenger Plus! e o Live Messenger, e então reinstalar. Se não der certo, so me mande um email e tentarei te ajudar! =) [blessedguys@gmail.com]
in English:
helenaseta, nobody knows exactly what's causing it, only that loads of people are having this same problem. =/ Up to now, you can try uninstalling Messenger Plus! and Live Messenger, and then reinstall them. If it doesn't help, send me a mail and I'll do what I can. =)
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Joshua on 03-08-2009 at 10:47 AM

quote:
quote:
adicione ursademel@hotmail.com

Translation from Google -- Portuguese to English

someone help me install the new msn 9.0 and live so that when you type in the mailbox, I can not see what I am writing sometnte after sending. What to do?

add ursademel@hotmail.com
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by blessedguy on 03-08-2009 at 04:39 PM

Joshua, never believe in automatic translator =P

"alguem pode me ajudar instalei o novo msn 9.0 e o live so que ao digitar na caixa de mensagens eu nao consigo visualizar o que estou escrevendo sometnte apos o envio. O q fazer?"

means:
"Can somebody help me? I installed the new WLM2009 and Plus! Live but when I type in conversation windows, I can't see what I'm typing, only fter sending it. What should I do?"

quote:
Originally posted by [url=http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=89456&pid=954767#pid954767
Menthix[/url]]Several people on the Dutch forum reported the same problem. None of them had any skins or scripts interfering and all the font/color settings were correct. The thing that solved it was uninstalling Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! and re-install it again.

Still not sure what's causing this for a relative large group of people, but at least there's a fix.
According to MenthiX, Uninstalling aind re-installing both just worked.
De acordo com o MenthiX, desistalando e reinstalando resolve.
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Voldemort on 03-08-2009 at 04:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi
2) How am I going to help him when I dont understand what he is saying, smartass.
that's exactly my point, refrain from posting.
RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by HeWhoPonders on 03-08-2009 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
Joshua, never believe in automatic translator =P

"alguem pode me ajudar instalei o novo msn 9.0 e o live so que ao digitar na caixa de mensagens eu nao consigo visualizar o que estou escrevendo sometnte apos o envio. O q fazer?"

means:
"Can somebody help me? I installed the new WLM2009 and Plus! Live but when I type in conversation windows, I can't see what I'm typing, only fter sending it. What should I do?"

Yes, but the Google translation still made the problem abundantly clear.

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
that's exactly my point, refrain from posting.

Agreed.

At any rate, a friend of mine is experiencing an installation problem... He's running Windows XP SP3,  latest WLM2009 build (too lazy to look up the number), downloaded the latest MsgPlusLive build, installed it successfully, but it doesn't load WLM with Plus.

He believes his wife had used SweetIM before, but it has been uninstalled and the folder deleted, he has uninstalled Messenger, deleted the folder, and reinstalled it, then did the same thing with Plus, and nothing seems to work.

Any insight would be helpful.
RE: RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Moh on 03-08-2009 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HeWhoPonders

At any rate, a friend of mine is experiencing an installation problem... He's running Windows XP SP3,  latest WLM2009 build (too lazy to look up the number), downloaded the latest MsgPlusLive build, installed it successfully, but it doesn't load WLM with Plus.

He believes his wife had used SweetIM before, but it has been uninstalled and the folder deleted, he has uninstalled Messenger, deleted the folder, and reinstalled it, then did the same thing with Plus, and nothing seems to work.

Any insight would be helpful.
Does he have any other add-ons that might conflict with Plus! like MessengerDiscovery, Kiwee, or ThreatFire "Antivirus"? If not, please provide us with a screenshot of all his programs in Add/Remove Programs as there might be something conflicting with Plus! and installed without even his knowledge.
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by HeWhoPonders on 03-11-2009 at 08:22 PM

Took awhile to get the shots from said friend, but..

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5011/screenshot1b.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4099/screenshot2r.jpg
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7060/screenshot3u.jpg

There you have it.

Update: He had Kiwee installed at one point before, he managed to remove remaining traces of it and reinstalled Messenger and Plus Live again, meeting with success.

As such, problem is resolved.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by jazpol on 03-12-2009 at 08:54 PM

Hi everytime i download msg plus my windows live messenger only works for about 10 maybe 15 mins with the plus application and then it cuts out with a dialogue box that says windows live messenger has encountered and error and needs to close and this happes only when i have downloaded the plus application. i have tried numerous time to uninstall and then reinstall the msg plus application but the same thing keeps happening....is there anyway that i could use the old version of msn messenger plus because the main feature i wish to have on the my windows messenger is boss control where i can hide my msn in my toolbar.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by nuriko on 03-17-2009 at 05:34 PM

i need help...whenever i sign in to WLM2009 i got this error msg:

Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.
AppName: wlcomm.exe     AppVer: 14.0.8064.206     ModName: nmdfgds1.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0     Offset: 0001e526

thanks

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Moh on 03-17-2009 at 08:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nuriko
i need help...whenever i sign in to WLM2009 i got this error msg:

Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.
AppName: wlcomm.exe     AppVer: 14.0.8064.206     ModName: nmdfgds1.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0     Offset: 0001e526

thanks
quote:
Have a look at those similar threads, hopefully it help.

SOLVED- Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered .......

Windows Live Communications Platform Error!

Unable to sign in - Windows Live Messenger 2009

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by sammar on 04-02-2009 at 06:01 PM

[color=purple][size=3]HII
Im having a problem im trying to download msn 8.0 and 8.1 so n so but it kepps nt working they say i already hv a Messenger Plus but whn i checked n searched for it i did nt find it wat shall i do!!
PLZZ HELLP

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Moh on 04-02-2009 at 06:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sammar
HII
Im having a problem im trying to download msn 8.0 and 8.1 so n so but it kepps nt working they say i already hv a Messenger Plus

You mean it tells you, you have a newer version of Windows Live Messenger already installed.
quote:
but whn i checked n searched for it i did nt find it wat shall i do!!
PLZZ HELLP

When you go to Add/Remove Prorgams, Dont you see Windows Live Messenger or Windows Live Essentials on the list?
RE: RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by sammar on 04-02-2009 at 06:27 PM

quote:
quote:
HII
Im having a problem im trying to download msn 8.0 and 8.1 so n so but it kepps nt working they say i already hv a Messenger Plus

You mean it tells you, you have a newer version of Windows Live Messenger already installed.
quote:
PLZZ HELLP

When you go to Add/Remove Prorgams, Dont you see Windows Live Messenger or Windows Live Essentials on the list?

NOO there is nothing there
RE: RE: RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Moh on 04-02-2009 at 06:35 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
HII

quote:
PLZZ HELLP

You can use ZapMessenger to completely erase Windows Live Messenger and all its traces.
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by sammar on 04-02-2009 at 06:42 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
HII

quote:
PLZZ HELLP

You can use ZapMessenger to completely erase Windows Live Messenger and all its traces.
after downloading it should i open it or i start downloading the messenger??
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Moh on 04-02-2009 at 06:51 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
HII

quote:
PLZZ HELLP

after downloading it should i open it or i start downloading the messenger??
You should run it and it will remove Windows Live Messenger. After it finishes, re-download Windows Live Messenger.
Locked MSN Live :S by Abbay on 04-24-2009 at 03:28 PM

Hiyaa

Ermm well im not sure where to put this i cant find anywhere but

I've downloaded the new MSN thing & i clicked lock MSN but how do i un-lock it, what do i click ??

I hope you help me
Thankyou xxxxxx

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Moh on 04-24-2009 at 03:42 PM

quote:
Please search the forum before posting as this has been answered many times

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
If you locked your Messenger by accident and don't know how to get it back, look for a new icon in your notification area (bottom right; by the clock). It usually looks like a grey disk with tubes/pipes underneath. If you hover your mouse over it, you will see 'Windows Live Messenger'. If you still can't spot it, here's how it should look like: [Image: 4gdm8ol.png] -- Double click this icon to bring your Messenger back. If that doesn't help hold "Ctrl" while you double click

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Jander on 05-25-2009 at 06:49 PM

Boa tarde

Meu msn é o LIVE PLUS

Eu me conecto nele , fico online...mais quando eu vou falar com alguem ele CAI ( OFFLINE ).

Isso tem 1 semana assim direto
a conexão aqui esta OTIMA .
Sempre me conectei no msn e  nunca tive esse problema.

Me Ajudem
Obrigado.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by blessedguy on 05-25-2009 at 07:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jander
Boa tarde

Meu msn é o LIVE PLUS

Eu me conecto nele , fico online...mais quando eu vou falar com alguem ele CAI ( OFFLINE ).

Isso tem 1 semana assim direto
a conexão aqui esta OTIMA .
Sempre me conectei no msn e  nunca tive esse problema.

Me Ajudem
Obrigado.
De novo, só temos eu e o Chancer que sabemos português aqui, então não adianta muito.... :dodgy:
Maaaaaaais, como acho que já disse, esse é um daqueles probleminhas que aparecem do nada e somem do nada. Já testou na casa de outra pessoa? Se funcionar direitinho em outro lugar, é a prova que é algum problema na sua conexão, mesmo que ela esteja impecável.
Paciência é uma virtude! ;)

He said he's having problems with Windows Live Messenger, he is able to connect, but as soon as he tries to chat with someone, Messenger disconnects. "It's already been one whole week, and my connection is gorgeous", he says.
I just answeared telling him that there aren't that much lusophons here, and that this problem is one of those that come with no apparent reason and dissapear without apparent reason as well. Asked him to test in another PC/House, and that patience is a virtue.
And there it is, another post translated to engluish because the poster forgot to translate it by himself earlier.... anyways...
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Jander on 05-25-2009 at 07:25 PM

Obrigado Blessedguy.
Vou testar na casa de outra pessoa.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by sergi313 on 05-26-2009 at 10:50 AM

I'm new and i'd ilke to ask a question.... I know that this prob might be already ansewred but i'll try...

Now here's the situation: I downloaded plus and everything does weel cept from one thing... At the top-right corner there isn't any little icon that shows plus or scripts and at the message window,down there is no scripts icon.So i can't put into use any of the themes or the scripts i downloaded...

P.S I ve already reinstalled plus AND windows live messanger and i installed them again but it doesnt work!!!

I thank you in advance.Sorry if my post had already been ansewred...

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Moh on 05-26-2009 at 10:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sergi313
I'm new and i'd ilke to ask a question.... I know that this prob might be already ansewred but i'll try...

Now here's the situation: I downloaded plus and everything does weel cept from one thing... At the top-right corner there isn't any little icon that shows plus or scripts and at the message window,down there is no scripts icon.So i can't put into use any of the themes or the scripts i downloaded...

P.S I ve already reinstalled plus AND windows live messanger and i installed them again but it doesnt work!!!

I thank you in advance.Sorry if my post had already been ansewred...
Please have a look here.

You should try the search feature next time as you've said, this has been answered many times before. :P
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by sergi313 on 05-26-2009 at 01:04 PM

You're GREAT...

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by 00000 on 06-21-2009 at 02:14 PM

MESSENGER PLUS DOESNT WORK
I READ EVERYTHING. THE PAGE, THE FAQ, THE FORUM
NEVER HAD SWEETIM ANDOR SMILEYCENTRAL ANDOTHER
I UNINSTALLED MESSENGER PLUS AND WINDOWS LIVE
I RESTARTED MY COMPUTER
I DELETED ALL INSTILLATION FOLDERS RELATED TO WINDOWS LIVE
I USED ZAPMESSENGER TO GET RID OF ANY TRACE OF WINDOWS LIVE
I SCANNED MY SYSTEM FOR MALWARE A
UNINSTALLED REINSTALLED,DELETED EVERYTHING MSN RELATED,
RESTARTED OVER AND OVER AGAIN

BEFORE I WANTED TO DISPLAY PEOPLES NAMES AS EMAILS MORE THAN ANYTHING AND AND THOUGHT MESSENGER PLUS WAS A BIT MUCH AND JUST WANTED TO HAVE THE OLD VERSION OF MY MSN WITHOUT THE UPDATE SO I GOT msnm851235 INSTALL AND MESSBE messpatch-g5-8513021018 AND RAN BOTH OF THOSE AND I GUESS MESSBE ADDED THINGS EVEN THO I JUST WANTED REGULAR MESSENGER BUT IT WAS OKAY BECAUSE I COULD DISPLAY PEOPLES NAMES AS EMAILS
BUT THEN EVERYONE I KNEW WAS USING MESSENGER PLUS LIVE SOUNDS ALOT AND I FELT LEFT OUT SO I UNINSTALLED 8.5 AND WANTED TO KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF MESSBE AND IT BASICALLY SAID LET WINDOWS UPDATE MESSENGER OR SOMETHING EVEN THO THE PATCH WAS SO MESSENGER WOULDNT UPDATE
SO IT WAS AN OXYMORON AND OPENING THE PATCH THERES NO OBVIOUS WAY TO REMOVE IT
SO I ASSUME ITS IN THE MSN MESSENGER FOLDER SO I DO EVERYTHING EVERYONE SUGGESTS ON THESE FORUMS AND INSTALL THE LATEST VERSION OF MESSENGER LIVE AND TO MY DELIGHT THE NAMES ARE STILL DISPLAYED AS EMAILS EVEN THO THE OPTIONS SAY YOU CAN ONLY DISPLAY THEM BY DISPLAY NAME OR FIRST AND LAST NAME NOT EVEN JUST FIRST NAME ANYMORE
THEN I DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION OF MESSENGER PUS AND TO MY HORROR THERE IS NO CHANGE THE AD ON THE BOTTOM OF THE MAIN MESSENGER PAGER WINDOW STILL HAS AN ADD ON THE BOTTOM AND I TELL 10 DIFFERENT PEOPLE TO SEND ME MESSENGER PLUS LIVE SOUND AND IT DOESNT WORK

IT DOESNT WORK
I TRIED EVERYTHING
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
SHOULD I DO EVERYTHING EVERYONE SUGGESTED ON THE FORUM AGAIN BUT THIS TIME CLEAR MY REGISTRY WITH CCLEANER OR WOULD THAT BE TOO RISKY?

EDIT: I THINK MAYBE MESSENGER PLUS DOESNT WORK WITH THE LATEST VERSION OF MESSENGER LIVE
SOMEBODY SEND ME THE LINK TO THE LAST WINDOWS LIVE COMPATIBLE WITH MESSENGER PLUS

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Moh on 06-21-2009 at 04:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 00000
MESSENGER PLUS DOESNT WORK
I UNINSTALLED MESSENGER PLUS AND WINDOWS LIVE
I RESTARTED MY COMPUTER
I DELETED ALL INSTILLATION FOLDERS RELATED TO WINDOWS LIVE
I USED ZAPMESSENGER TO GET RID OF ANY TRACE OF WINDOWS LIVE
I SCANNED MY SYSTEM FOR MALWARE A
UNINSTALLED REINSTALLED,DELETED EVERYTHING MSN RELATED,
RESTARTED OVER AND OVER AGAIN

BEFORE I WANTED TO DISPLAY PEOPLES NAMES AS EMAILS MORE THAN ANYTHING AND AND THOUGHT MESSENGER PLUS WAS A BIT MUCH AND JUST WANTED TO HAVE THE OLD VERSION OF MY MSN WITHOUT THE UPDATE SO I GOT msnm851235 INSTALL AND MESSBE messpatch-g5-8513021018 AND RAN BOTH OF THOSE AND I GUESS MESSBE ADDED THINGS EVEN THO I JUST WANTED REGULAR MESSENGER BUT IT WAS OKAY BECAUSE I COULD DISPLAY PEOPLES NAMES AS EMAILS
BUT THEN EVERYONE I KNEW WAS USING MESSENGER PLUS LIVE SOUNDS ALOT AND I FELT LEFT OUT SO I UNINSTALLED 8.5 AND WANTED TO KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF MESSBE AND IT BASICALLY SAID LET WINDOWS UPDATE MESSENGER OR SOMETHING EVEN THO THE PATCH WAS SO MESSENGER WOULDNT UPDATE
SO IT WAS AN OXYMORON AND OPENING THE PATCH THERES NO OBVIOUS WAY TO REMOVE IT
SO I ASSUME ITS IN THE MSN MESSENGER FOLDER SO I DO EVERYTHING EVERYONE SUGGESTS ON THESE FORUMS AND INSTALL THE LATEST VERSION OF MESSENGER LIVE AND TO MY DELIGHT THE NAMES ARE STILL DISPLAYED AS EMAILS EVEN THO THE OPTIONS SAY YOU CAN ONLY DISPLAY THEM BY DISPLAY NAME OR FIRST AND LAST NAME NOT EVEN JUST FIRST NAME ANYMORE
THEN I DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION OF MESSENGER PUS AND TO MY HORROR THERE IS NO CHANGE THE AD ON THE BOTTOM OF THE MAIN MESSENGER PAGER WINDOW STILL HAS AN ADD ON THE BOTTOM AND I TELL 10 DIFFERENT PEOPLE TO SEND ME MESSENGER PLUS LIVE SOUND AND IT DOESNT WORK

IT DOESNT WORK
I TRIED EVERYTHING
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
SHOULD I DO EVERYTHING EVERYONE SUGGESTED ON THE FORUM AGAIN BUT THIS TIME CLEAR MY REGISTRY WITH CCLEANER OR WOULD THAT BE TOO RISKY?

EDIT: I THINK MAYBE MESSENGER PLUS DOESNT WORK WITH THE LATEST VERSION OF MESSENGER LIVE
SOMEBODY SEND ME THE LINK TO THE LAST WINDOWS LIVE COMPATIBLE WITH MESSENGER PLUS
Messenger Plus! is compatible with the latest version of Windows Live Messenger. You also may want to have a look here.

side note: No need for caps, dont you think?
RE: RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by 00000 on 06-24-2009 at 01:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Moh
Messenger Plus! is compatible with the latest version of Windows Live Messenger. You also may want to have a look here.

side note: No need for caps, dont you think?
quote:
IS IT BECAUSE I HAVE WINDOWS XP INSTEAD OF VISTA? WHATS RECOMMENDED FOR XP?
IF IT HAS TO DO WITH MESSBE I POSTED A TOPIC HERE
http://forum.mess.be/index.php?showtopic=25047
SOMEBODY EARLIER IN THIS TOPIC POSTED A LINK TO SOME KIND OF SPECIAL MESSENGER PLUS PATCH SO I WAS HOPING FOR SOMETHING LIKE THAT FOR TODAY SINCE THAT VERSIONS OLD..
I MIGHTVE HAD WINDOWS LIVE DISCOVERY BUT I COMPLETELY REMOVED THAT TOO..
I RUN SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY AND THATS ENOUGH BECAUSE UPDATED NEW RECENT ADAWARE SUCKS AND ALWAYS SAYS CONNECTION FAILED WHEN I TRY TO BOOT IT
FRANKLY I FEEL HELPLESS
IVE DONE EVERYTHING MULTIPLE TIMES AND EVERYTIME IT FAILS
WHEN I UNINSTALL AND COMPLETELY REMOVE EVERYTHING SHOULD I REMOVE REGISTRY ERRORS IN CCLEANER?
DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH MY CONTACTS DISPLAYING AS EMAILS INSTEAD OF DISPLAY NAMES?
BUT THERE ISNT A NEED FOR LOWS EITHER!
AHAAAAA! :D

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by davexkalide on 06-24-2009 at 02:18 PM

I have 'Windows Live Messenger Plus' Installed on my machine ...
it works ... except in the chat window of MSN 9 Final...
Why?
Ty man .
;]

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by djdannyp on 06-24-2009 at 03:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by davexkalide
I have 'Windows Live Messenger Plus' Installed on my machine ...
it works ... except in the chat window of MSN 9 Final...
Why?
Ty man .
;]

Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart

Try looking there, as you are also missing the Plus! icon and formatting bar from the conversation window, so it is likely that another program is conflicting with Messenger Plus! Live and needs removing in order for it to function correctly
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by RaviccaM on 06-26-2009 at 09:05 AM

im feeling really stupid for asking this but how do i know if the download has worked? im not sure, i have had this before but a friend did all the downloading and sitting it up for me.

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Vilkku on 06-26-2009 at 10:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RaviccaM
im feeling really stupid for asking this but how do i know if the download has worked? im not sure, i have had this before but a friend did all the downloading and sitting it up for me.

You should see the Plus! icon (:plus4:) in the upper-right corner.
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by nizzmo on 07-16-2009 at 08:27 AM

i installed the latest version of msg plus live & when i try to send the sounds from the library the only sound that works is Hello, none of the others do??

i am using windows live messenger 2009 (build 14.0.8064.206)

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by cnady girl on 07-29-2009 at 04:54 PM

hii all i'm new here but i've been using messenger plus for a long time but one day i saw a msg on my pc that said i have to download a new version and when i clicked download now then restated my computer i realized that messenger plus has gone and now everytime i try to download it again i just can't can someone help me plz!!!? :/

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Blarg1011 on 08-16-2009 at 10:02 PM

Right.. Hey..

I've tried installing messenger plus 3 times. I even went and downloaded Messenger Plus 3, to see if that would work. They all download alright, Then I come to installing the latest version of messenger plus, And it comes up with an error screen, I click try again, And it works, Every single time..

It seems to install fine after the error screen, But then.. Once it's finished. It seems as if it was never installed on my pc.. I've tried un-installing and reinstalling both Msn Messenger, And Messenger Plus.. But to no avail. I've made sure that all files are deleted before i try reinstalling..  But that doesn't help either..

Im using Msn Messenger version; Build 14.0.8064.206 . I really need some help here because I'm out of ideas.. Anyone.. Help me.. Please.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by djdannyp on 08-16-2009 at 10:08 PM

What error screen shows?

Also, check out this thread:

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by UnderStreet on 09-18-2009 at 07:38 PM

Hel Please Here.. I download Messenger Plus and i install it but when i opened it,it wasn`t on the WLM ...

???:(:(

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by djdannyp on 09-18-2009 at 10:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UnderStreet
Hel Please Here.. I download Messenger Plus and i install it but when i opened it,it wasn`t on the WLM ...

???:(:(
quote:

Check out this thread:

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Alucard054 on 09-21-2009 at 03:57 AM

I installed Messenger Plus Live and it doesn't work with Windows Live Messenger 2009. I was fine with 8.1 of WLM but Microsoft sent me a message stating I need to upgrade and I upgraded to 2009 but Messenger Plus would not work. I tried downgrading to 8.5 at least but it gave me an error saying Castrophic failure. I tried repairing messenger Plus but it didn't work. I tried uninstall and reinstall Messenger Plus but still doesn it. I've tried solutions if any programs interferes with WLM and Messenger Plus Live but I don't have any of those programs that interferes with it. Any ideas?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by AndrewXP on 09-27-2009 at 05:48 PM

Okay..I checked if there was that smiley thing and sweet im it isnt there I reinstalled it didnt work I put Messenger Plus in the same hard drive as windows live messenger, I reinstalled and repaired nothing happend can someone help me here? Its the latest one too!

RE: RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by 00000 on 10-02-2009 at 12:37 PM

BACK AFTER A LONG TIME
I SAID IM EITHER GOING TO GET MESSENGER PLUS LIVE OR NOT GET MESSENGER LIVE AT ALL
SO I DIDNT GET MESSENGER LIVE AT ALL

BUT IM BACK AND I REALLY WANNA TRY AND GET IT DONE THIS TIME

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
quote:

THATS WHAT IVE BEEN TRYING TO DO BUT EVERYTIME IT NEVER SHOWS UP
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by djdannyp on 10-02-2009 at 04:48 PM

quote:
BACK AFTER A LONG TIME
I SAID IM EITHER GOING TO GET MESSENGER PLUS LIVE OR NOT GET MESSENGER LIVE AT ALL
SO I DIDNT GET MESSENGER LIVE AT ALL

BUT IM BACK AND I REALLY WANNA TRY AND GET IT DONE THIS TIME

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
quote:

THATS WHAT IVE BEEN TRYING TO DO BUT EVERYTIME IT NEVER SHOWS UP

Check out this thread:

Also, please don't use ALL CAPITALS for typing as it is considered to be shouting and therefore rude
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by gatecrasher0 on 11-07-2009 at 08:12 AM

Before posting my problem thanks in advance for even taking the time to read it.

I have installed all the latest and greatest of WML and MP.. And I cannot seem to get it to work. MP that is..

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a thousand times, still nothing.

I dont have any conflicting programs onboard that Iam aware of so I think Iam safe there.

Im out of ideas; Ive tired with the only chat guys/IRC still nothing.

It has worked many times before; Infact Ive been using it since the begining and its not something I wan tto give up..

Anyway if someone can help me please do! Im having a bad time trying to solve it.

Seems to me everyone is having the same issue sorry to repost..

Is this maybe a bug?
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by maxxxz on 01-23-2010 at 03:47 PM

Hello, I swear disch have done everything in this post, I have no other add on installed, nothing, and I can not integrate the Plus!to the Messenger Live!. There is nothing I can do? Thanks

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Chrissy on 01-24-2010 at 02:05 AM

Btw, the mirror on this thread is waaaay out of date!

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Rolando on 01-24-2010 at 08:07 AM

Yeah someone should probably make a new thread or dz can edit this one

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Chrissy on 01-24-2010 at 03:37 PM

Or you can :P

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by andrey on 01-24-2010 at 03:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
Btw, the mirror on this thread is waaaay out of date!
Do you mean the simtel mirror in the first post? It has Plus! 4.83.0.372, that's not waaay outdated. The changelog on msgplus.net hasn't been updated to .376 either :p
I see no problem with that mirror, it's just lagging a bit behind. No need for a new thread
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Wileyska on 06-03-2010 at 09:13 PM

The solution to this issue in my case was the "compatibility" under MSN Live properties.

Right Click on WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER
go to PROPERTIES
then chose: COMPATIBILITY tab
and make sure the Compatibility mode is UNCHECKED

After many attemps trying to get the msn contacts back and doing all of the suggestions I came accross, one was to change the compatibility to Windows 2000. Later I realized I had no Messenger Plus and I thought I had ruined this more than it was. Two days later, after reading every possible thread on this web site (before actually posting my concern and then getting yelled at by some of the support members!) I came accross this solution in a thread that had nothing to do with this...so I decided I was going to make a comment on this one...Hope that helps :D

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by djdannyp on 07-23-2010 at 12:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jessica2k10
hey,
i recently installed windows live messenger beta and now messenger plus doesnt work. i tried downloading messenger plus again,it still doesnt work. Can anyoone help ?
:)
Jessica
x

Please don't make multiple threads, your question has been answered already elsewhere
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by char1970 on 08-10-2010 at 05:10 PM

i have a problem not sure if this right form todo this but i give it a go i have this message that wont leave my screen msnmsgr.exe-bad image what is this mean and how do i get rid of it?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by blue eyed on 09-19-2010 at 12:47 PM

Since I´ve installed Messenger BETA, the Messenger Plus doesn´t work anymore...any help would be appreciated

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by blessedguy on 09-19-2010 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blue eyed
ince I´ve installed Messenger BETA, the Messenger Plus doesn´t work anymore...any help would be appreciated
Messenger Plus! isn't compatible with Windows Live Messenger beta, nothing we can do to help you there :)
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by djdannyp on 09-19-2010 at 02:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blue eyed
Since I´ve installed Messenger BETA, the Messenger Plus doesn´t work anymore...any help would be appreciated

Please see the following thread for details:

[!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by smath on 10-24-2010 at 02:24 PM

is available new version of messenger plus for msn 2011??
i have a great problem!
thanks

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Kela on 11-13-2010 at 03:01 PM

Hello and thankyou for accepting me to the group
I downloaded Plus and can see it in messenger but when I click it it comes up it didnt load and to wait for an update that might fix this  Shall I try again to get it away and start over I had plus before and cant imagine where it went unless it went when I did the upgrade in messenger Any help will be appreciated thanks Kela

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by ahmetgns on 11-13-2010 at 05:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kela
Hello and thankyou for accepting me to the group
I downloaded Plus and can see it in messenger but when I click it it comes up it didnt load and to wait for an update that might fix this  Shall I try again to get it away and start over I had plus before and cant imagine where it went unless it went when I did the upgrade in messenger Any help will be appreciated thanks Kela
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa in WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live
In MP!L 4.9, compatibility with Messenger 2011 Beta 1 has been removed and replaced by compatibility with the Final version (still un-supported and requires disabling safe mode).

So, click on "Plus! Not Loaded" item in Plus! menu and then check the "Disable safe mode" option in the "Error Detected" window which appears when you click on "Plus! Not Loaded" item and Messenger will be restarted. I strongly recommend to read the thread which I gave the link of.
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Kela on 11-13-2010 at 07:43 PM

[b]  Thankyou so much did what you said and its working now fine  Glad to have it sorted Well done thanks again    Kela

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Edwin Okli on 11-17-2010 at 07:29 PM

I install Messenger Plus! and nothing actually happens.. it says installation has been successful so.. what's happening then? Don't suggest restarting my computer, it's had a reboot since I installed it the first time.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by LaMarc on 12-27-2010 at 12:56 PM

I try to download from this link many times but I cannot get it at all. It always shows the message "Internet Explorer cannot download MsgPlusLive-490.exe from mirror10.msgpluslive.net. The connection with the server was reset".
And ESET Smart Security always warns me to delete the virus from this site.

(I also read it  before post and it didn't help me)

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Chrissy on 12-27-2010 at 04:27 PM

Disable NOD32 by right-clicking on the icon in the task tray at the bottem right of your screen.

Visit the download page again, download and install and then re-enable NOD32.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Turnipchan on 01-25-2011 at 11:57 PM

So recently I upgraded to WLM 2011, only to find that Messenger Plus won't work, where the icon to change settings/etc in WLM doesn't appear :c
I've tried restarting and reinstalling, only to find that nothing will work. It's the latest version of WLM and Messenger Plus, so older versions can't be the problem..
I've been reading in the other threads here that sometimes it's from certain software installed but I don't have anything like that, so what should I do? *can't live without that great chat logging/irc-like command codes/quick texts*

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by blessedguy on 01-26-2011 at 12:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Turnipchan
So recently I upgraded to WLM 2011, only to find that Messenger Plus won't work, where the icon to change settings/etc in WLM doesn't appear :c
I've tried restarting and reinstalling, only to find that nothing will work. It's the latest version of WLM and Messenger Plus, so older versions can't be the problem..
I've been reading in the other threads here that sometimes it's from certain software installed but I don't have anything like that, so what should I do? *can't live without that great chat logging/irc-like command codes/quick texts*
Please read Plus 4.9 on WLM 2011. Which features work and which ones don't
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by lgmigoya on 02-02-2011 at 02:50 PM

on windows 7 64 bits, dowloades plus 4.9 and did not work, downoloaded previous version and worked , later i updatet to 4.9 and worked fine , but i can not sign  in in two differen WLM2011 accounts, does any body know if i will be able to fix this issue?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by CookieRevised on 02-02-2011 at 03:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lgmigoya
on windows 7 64 bits, dowloades plus 4.9 and did not work, downoloaded previous version and worked , later i updatet to 4.9 and worked fine , but i can not sign  in in two differen WLM2011 accounts, does any body know if i will be able to fix this issue?
Hi and welcome....

'Polygamy' (the ability to login with more than one account at the same time in Messenger) is not yet supported in Messenger Plus! 4.9 running on Windows Live Messenger 2011.

You'll have to wait for Plus!5 to fix that issue.

;)

--

PS: Next time, please do read the first _and_ last posts in a thread before replying! blessedguy already gave a link in his post which answers your questions.
RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Arcticwolfx on 02-02-2011 at 08:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lgmigoya
but i can not sign  in in two differen WLM2011 accounts, does any body know if i will be able to fix this issue?

-Search Google for "A-Patch windows live messenger"
(Not sure if allowed to link here to third party software)
-Download the latest version and install
-During Install you'll be asked which options you want, polygamy being one of them.
-Note: It's also capable of removing advertisements and such.

I have been using this patch without a problem, but since I'm not the author of this program, use it at your own risk.
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by CookieRevised on 02-02-2011 at 08:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx

-Check "Run this Program in compatibility mode for:
-Set the drop down menu to "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)"
Not recommended at all. Messenger Plus! may not work properly if you do that, and even Messenger itself can run into troubles.
RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Arcticwolfx on 02-02-2011 at 10:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx

-Check "Run this Program in compatibility mode for:
-Set the drop down menu to "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)"
Not recommended at all. Messenger Plus! may not work properly if you do that, and even Messenger itself can run into troubles.

It's not intended to work with Messenger Plus!
If Messenger Plus! works you wouldn't want to do this. :P

Either way, not to discredit CookieRevised's comment, I would say try the A-Patch method only. Will edit the post before.
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by CookieRevised on 02-02-2011 at 10:14 PM

And what if the user wants to use more features of Plus! than just polygamy?

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Arcticwolfx on 02-02-2011 at 10:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
And what if the user wants to use more features of Plus! than just polygamy?

Yes, you're right. A-Patch works flawlessly with Messenger Plus! and I will edit the previous post(s).

Edit:

Just to say, I'd be disappointed if that would actually stop the new Messenger Plus! v5 from working, unless that version will have the option to hide from taskbar implemented. :P But we'll see about that later... naturally.
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by edytharceo on 02-03-2011 at 05:23 AM

"Not recommended at all. Messenger Plus! may not work properly if you do that, and even Messenger itself can run into troubles."

Why is it th the Messenger Plus will not work properly? maybe there's something wrong that's why it's not working.

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Arcticwolfx on 02-03-2011 at 11:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by edytharceo
"Not recommended at all. Messenger Plus! may not work properly if you do that, and even Messenger itself can run into troubles."

Why is it th the Messenger Plus will not work properly? maybe there's something wrong that's why it's not working.

Probably not. In a short while, when it's ready, Messenger Plus! 5 should be released and fix all the problems :) So far it seems like it will be better than ever!
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by lgmigoya on 02-03-2011 at 02:37 PM

Arcticwolfx, thanks for the advice it worked just as i need it!! great fix:):)

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Nathilein on 02-11-2011 at 04:49 PM

I installed Windows Live Messenger (Essentials) and Msg Plus doesn't work. :(
I don't know what I have to do now. I uninstalled it so often and it's still the same problem.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by tofupanda on 03-08-2011 at 07:46 AM

I've installed Messenger Plus! Live and when I check installed programs etc. it says that it is installed. However when I open up messenger there is no sign of Plus! Live.

Also when I run on safe mode, Plus! Live seems to work, please help :(

I am using Windows 7
Windows Live Messenger 2009
Attempting to install Plus! Live 485

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by ahmetgns on 03-08-2011 at 08:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tofupanda
I've installed Messenger Plus! Live and when I check installed programs etc. it says that it is installed. However when I open up messenger there is no sign of Plus! Live.

I am using Windows 7
In contact list window, you may still see a Plus! menu and "Software not loaded..." item in it. If it is there, click on it and check the box "Disable safe mode..." and restart Messenger.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by CookieRevised on 03-08-2011 at 08:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tofupanda

I am using Windows 7
Update Messenger Plus!.
You're running a very old version.
RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by tofupanda on 03-10-2011 at 05:57 AM

@ahmetgns - Thank you but I don't see that at all. Even though installed programs says that it is installed there is no mention of it in Windows Live Messenger.

@CookieRevised - Thank you to you too! I've updated but the problem still persists :S

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by DJCrapsody on 03-16-2011 at 04:40 PM

I'm facing the same problem as tofupanda.
I'm suspecting that Windows 7 64 bit version isn't fully compatible. My other laptop running on Windows Vista 32 bit has Messenger Plus 5 fully functional.
This laptop was bought not long ago and I do not install any other extensions or programs. I only had Messenger Plus 5 installed.
Tried redownloading and reinstalling.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by CookieRevised on 03-16-2011 at 04:46 PM

There indeed seems to be problems with Messenger Plus! and more specifically on Windows 7 64bit systems, although not on all of them (some peeps report no problems at all). At least, Win7 64bit seems to be the common denominator so far for those reporting the problems and crashes. :/

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by YoYoost on 03-16-2011 at 05:12 PM

Maybe it has to do with services? Do you have a list of services WLM and MP!L use?

I have 2 Win 7 installs now, where on 1 WLM + MP!L works fine and on the other it doesn't even start. However the same services are started so it might be something else.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by CookieRevised on 03-16-2011 at 06:39 PM

Plus! doesn't use any services.
And I doubt the WLM services are the culprint.

What might be happening is that something in Plus! calls a 'wrong' or incompatible Windows API for Win7 64bit, or a hard coded registry path which is called (in 64bit registry entries are a bit different than on 32bit) and then it crashes on that....... or something...

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Apatik on 03-16-2011 at 06:59 PM

Interestingly enough, Plus! is coded and compiled on Win7 x64 machines... But I guess it could be related anyway.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by DJCrapsody on 03-18-2011 at 03:20 AM

I had it running once on my laptop but after restarting messenger, all was gone.

EDIT: I tried reinstalling again and it worked.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Auph on 03-18-2011 at 08:59 AM

It's not working for me either.
I'm on Win 7 Ultimate x64bit.

Tried reinstalling WLM and Plus!. Same problem persists.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by DJCrapsody on 03-18-2011 at 01:50 PM

Yet again it disconnected and messenger plus was disabled.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by MeliMelo on 04-01-2011 at 01:27 PM

I downloaded the file, but when I run it, it stalls on the "Installation in progress" screen. Nothing goes through. It stays at 0%. I can't even close the process, I have to open task manager to stop the task. I've tried downloading the file again, but still the same process.

I have a Windows 7 32-bit machine.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by CookieRevised on 04-01-2011 at 08:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MeliMelo
I downloaded the file, but when I run it, it stalls on the "Installation in progress" screen. Nothing goes through. It stays at 0%. I can't even close the process, I have to open task manager to stop the task. I've tried downloading the file again, but still the same process.

I have a Windows 7 32-bit machine.
Can you check how big the file size is of the Plus! setup you've run and report that size back here.

After that:
1- Remove that web installer setup file.
    (Also check your Desktop; There might also be a file link related to the webinstaller on there named "Continue Messenger Plus! Installation".)
2- Clear your browser cache (see how here)
3- Restart your computer
4- Redownload Messenger Plus! from this link:
    http://mirror10.msgpluslive.net/20110308/Conduit/Setup-MsgPlus-501.exe
    updated: http://mirror10.msgpluslive.net/20110531/VS/Setup-MsgPlus-502.exe
5- Save that full setup somewhere and start it up

Note that the above link will install the exact same version of Messenger Plus! as you tried before. The only difference is the setup/installer itself.

Do you have the same issue when doing all this?
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by w4nksta on 04-03-2011 at 01:32 PM

Read through the solutions, nothing seems to be what i'm getting. I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and Ive got the latest version of windows live, other msgplus versions install fine but with this new one as soon as it's downloaded and I want to open it a instilation sized box pops up but is just white. no icons nothing just a white box, ive left it for like 15 minutes and it does nothing. Only way you can close it is through task manager. Just a quick heads up, ive ran malware spyware checks etc, redownloaded it 8 million times, run it as administrator, run in compatability of about..every option on there, nothing .. just a white box.

Any help would be great! cause i'm rarther stick : D

See screenshot below >.<

Ask me if you need any other info
---
3ghz quad,
8gb ram,
gtx 460
2tb hdd.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by CookieRevised on 04-03-2011 at 01:55 PM

w4nksta, can you also answer the question I asked to MeliMelo here, and maybe try the same thing as I suggested in that post.

Because after seeing your screenshot, I believe the setup you're using is the web-setup (which was never tested by beta testers and is known to have issues). So, I'd suggest you try again with the full size/offline setup.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by DJCrapsody on 04-06-2011 at 01:32 PM

I've decided to reinstall the 4.90 version and it works now. For now... that is.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Detilly on 04-23-2011 at 12:04 AM

When I try to install the new Messenger Plus they say i need to install Windows Live messenger 2009... And i have Windows Live Messenger 2009...

[Image: msnplus.png]

[Image: wlm2009.png]

I realy need help!

Sorry, the printscreen is in french...

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by krxtal on 05-05-2011 at 02:30 AM

I've searched and read all i could and i couldn't find a solution to my problem.

i have msg plus live 4.9 and the WLM 2009 and it works just fine, but everytime i start it, says that there is a new version of msg plus available... so I press the update button, and it seems to be download but when the installer begins it just stays in blank and does nothing! it doesn't even let me shut it down!  so I have to force it to close, i am tired of it.
I try to download it by myself from this web to see if something changes but it happens the same. what can i do? i really want to have the last version
i hope there is a solution..

sorry for my english if is not so easy to understand.. im chilean

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by CookieRevised on 05-06-2011 at 08:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by krxtal
I've searched and read all i could and i couldn't find a solution to my problem.

i have msg plus live 4.9 and the WLM 2009 and it works just fine, but everytime i start it, says that there is a new version of msg plus available... so I press the update button, and it seems to be download but when the installer begins it just stays in blank and does nothing! it doesn't even let me shut it down!  so I have to force it to close, i am tired of it.
I try to download it by myself from this web to see if something changes but it happens the same. what can i do? i really want to have the last version
i hope there is a solution..

sorry for my english if is not so easy to understand.. im chilean
Please see a few posts above...
CookieRevised's reply to Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by disumia on 06-11-2011 at 06:16 AM

I have read the faq's and the posts. I still have this issue. I have a new laptop that i just installed the newest version of WLM off there site and then went to install MSG Plus off the site. When I open WLM plus does not show. I have removed and reinstalled 3 times and removed entries from the registry also. I do not have smilies or anyother add on. I have never had an issue with this software. Please assist.

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Detilly on 06-18-2011 at 05:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Detilly
When I try to install the new Messenger Plus they say i need to install Windows Live messenger 2009... And i have Windows Live Messenger 2009...

[Image: msnplus.png]

[Image: wlm2009.png]

I realy need help!

Sorry, the printscreen is in french...

Thanks for the help!! 8-)
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Jane98 on 06-21-2011 at 12:28 AM

I'm having the same problem as some people in this thread. Running Windows 7 Home Premium, installed WLM 14.0.8 and Plus 4.90 and it installs but won't run or show up when I open WLM. However if I run my laptop in safe mode it works fine. :(

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Spunky on 06-21-2011 at 07:50 AM

Sounds like some other software (could be another add-on for messenger or even an anti-virus) is causing an issue with Plus!. Could you please take a couple of screenshot of your Add/Remove programs panel so we can see what might be causing it?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Jane98 on 06-22-2011 at 12:59 AM

Here you go :)

[Image: tdiFH.png]

edit: read through a lot of stuff and got the idea it might be my nvidia driver. I uninstalled it and plus finally worked! but everytime I uninstall I have to restart and then when I restart my laptop automatically installs it again and plus no longer works :(
Going to see if I can find a driver that works but looks like I'm a lost cause :(

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by [Sierra] on 07-05-2011 at 11:50 AM

I'm having problems trying to install msgplus. After I install it, the icon doesn't appear in my messenger window, and it's as if it hasn't been installed at all. I've read through all the posts here; I don't have SmileyCentral or any of those other programs, and I've uninstalled WLM and Msgplus multiple times, restarting as well. I'm using WLM2009 with Msgplus5.02. My OS is Win7 Home Premium 64bit. Please help T.T

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by dtags on 07-18-2011 at 10:46 AM

Hi everyone, can someone help??? before i start, im quite new to computers and although i have used windows messenger before, i thought the idea of being able to use 2 messengers, via PLUS would be fantastic. I recently bought this computer which had windows live essentials 2011. I attemted to download Messenger Plus and thought i had succeeded, however when opening messenger, there was no PLUS. I have uninstalled several times (both WLM and PLUS) however this still nothing. I have noticed in control panel>messenger PLUS has a red cross over it and an exclamation mark? I gather this means it is not installed. Can anyone assist me?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by matty on 07-18-2011 at 12:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dtags
I have noticed in control panel>messenger PLUS has a red cross over it and an exclamation mark? I gather this means it is not installed. Can anyone assist me?
That is just the uninstall icon. Doesn't have anything to do with it not being installed. If it displays in the Add/Remove programs it is installed.

What is the model of your computer?
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by dtags on 07-19-2011 at 06:32 AM

Dell XPS 17, Win7, home premium 64bit.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by dojiniga on 08-03-2011 at 02:10 AM

@dtags

Your problem is nVidia driver, try to remove it and try your plus again.

From my real experience, if I installed nVidia driver in my Dell N5110,
the Plus will not work.
But after I format my Win 7 64bit and re-install it without nVidia driver, Plus can work without any problems.
So I assume that the problem is "nVidia driver"

If anyone try this way and it really work, please inform me (or nVidia)
about this problem. I want to know how many people have this problem.

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Déjà Q on 08-03-2011 at 06:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dojiniga
@dtags

the Plus will not work.
But after I format my Win 7 64bit and re-install it without nVidia driver, Plus can work without any problems.

Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel)
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by tiagophenom on 08-03-2011 at 02:27 PM

Hi, i tried lot of things but dont work, my problem is:

Installed WLM 2011 and PLUS see OK, when i start WLM and try use Sound, Color message anything in Messenger Plus dont work, i already reinstalled windows, repair Messenger Plus, just dont work.

Sorry for my bad english (im Brazilian)

Se houver algum BR que possa me ajudar a dizer o problema eu agradeço.

System:

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
WLM 2011 Version: 15.4.3538.513
PLus Version: 5.02.0.712

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by [Sierra] on 08-06-2011 at 11:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dojiniga
@dtags

the Plus will not work.

Is nVidia important for anything?? Is it okay if I uninstall it??
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by babygrl22 on 08-08-2011 at 12:32 AM

okay i'm having problems too installing msg plus on my desktop and on my laptop. I have tried both versions the newest one and the 4.9 one and nothing. I have windows 7 2gb 64 bit .. could anyone tell me how to fix it..I have tried of what other users said to do on this thread but nothing has worked. at the bottom there's a picture of it so anyone could tell me how to install it would be nice :)

thanks.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by xyz-rugila on 08-13-2011 at 03:19 AM

Hi, I am Brazilian and I would get a version that works, the Messenger Plus for Geforce 540m, you can help me, please?

MSN: 15.4.3538.513

Thanks,
Gustavo

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by tonyihao on 10-05-2011 at 04:31 AM

My previous version Messenger Plus 5 works fine but I cannot install 5.10.0.748. I always got an error as attached. I uninstalled Messenger Plus and then reinstalled Messenger Live 2011. The problem is still there, I tried more than one hundred times without solution.

RE: RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by ericcire on 10-14-2011 at 05:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by babygrl22
okay i'm having problems too installing msg plus on my desktop and on my laptop. I have tried both versions the newest one and the 4.9 one and nothing. I have windows 7 2gb 64 bit .. could anyone tell me how to fix it..I have tried of what other users said to do on this thread but nothing has worked. at the bottom there's a picture of it so anyone could tell me how to install it would be nice :)

thanks.

I have the same issue here. Is there a way we can download the "complete" install package as previous versions. The "download component from server and install" method does not seem to work well.

Maybe it's the network issue but could it at least retry for a few more times?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Reaper_63 on 10-15-2011 at 05:12 AM

I am also having the same problem.  The online installer fails every single time.  It gets about 3/4 finished and then fails.  If so many people are having this problem, maybe it's time to go back to the offline installer.  This is absolutely ridiculous and totally unnecessary, especially when there is an obvious solution.

Perhaps it's time to just stop using Plus altogether.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by orlando jc on 12-09-2011 at 12:20 PM

i have an big problem and i tried many things to solve it but i can't please i need someone help me....

i was have windows live messenger and then i setup the plus ..and when i open my messenger after i setup the ''plus'' i found an code when i try to chat with any one in my contacts ,and when i try to erase that cod it back again and prevent any writing i do and erase my writing
the code that show to me is that "c159320a-225f-11e1-a59d-78*bcbe4caa2 ''       ..please i need help with that

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Menthix on 12-09-2011 at 12:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by orlando jc
i found an code when i try to chat with any one in my contacts ,and when i try to erase that cod it back again and prevent any writing i do and erase my writing
the code that show to me is that "c159320a-225f-11e1-a59d-78*bcbe4caa2 ''       ..please i need help with that
The short answer: Messenger Plus! and SweetIM don't work together, you'll have to uninstall one of them.

For more details or if you have still have questions about the same issue, see Odd codes like 9c3f5601-3337-11e0-b5da-0050fca4005a in conversation windows (SweetIM).
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by chris752 on 12-14-2011 at 09:08 PM

I have tried the suggestions for installing the newest version as of 12/14/2011 and I get a message saying "An error occurred while Installing Messenger Plus!. Please try again later." and nothing I do seems to allow me to download it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by RogueJedi86 on 12-16-2011 at 06:57 PM

Same problem as everyone else. "An error occurred while installer Messenger Plus! Please try again later."

If it helps, I'm on Windows XP Pro 64-bit.

Like others said, please let us download the entire thing manually instead, so we can go straight to installing. That would help the problem of it not downloading itself through the installer client we're given.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by chris752 on 12-16-2011 at 07:48 PM

I'm using Windows XP 32 bit.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Ronnylizard on 02-02-2012 at 07:05 AM

[font=Arial]Well, first I installed smoothly msn =)
but then began to appear through some strange codes in my dialog box, and no matter how hard he tried to delete does not work, it will reappear ... 1cf03968-4d62-11e1-93fe-00235a6c09d6 <<<<here the code
Please help me there ^ _ ^

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Spunky on 02-02-2012 at 09:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ronnylizard
[font=Arial]Well, first I installed smoothly msn =)
but then began to appear through some strange codes in my dialog box, and no matter how hard he tried to delete does not work, it will reappear ... 1cf03968-4d62-11e1-93fe-00235a6c09d6 <<<<here the code
Please help me there ^ _ ^

Odd codes like 9c3f5601-3337-11e0-b5da-0050fca4005a in conversation windows (SweetIM)
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Ringo90 on 03-11-2012 at 10:28 PM

Hello! I use Win7x64, WLM 2009 (v14) and Plus! 5.11 (latest version).
I always used Plus without any problem. However, 2-3 days ago (I can't tell exactly when) when I launched WLM I found Plus had disappeared. I tried many times to unistall and reinstall (both WLM and Plus) but nothing changed. I haven't installed any Smiley central or stuff like that. What can i do?
Thanks!

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Spunky on 03-12-2012 at 01:52 AM

Do you still have the "Plus!" menu in the toolbar? (you can bring it up momentarily by pressing ALT on the keyboard; "Plus!" should show to the right of the "Help" menu)

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Ringo90 on 03-12-2012 at 10:42 PM

No, can't see, it's completely gone; today i tried to install the latest version of WLM, but still no plus! o.o

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by totonf on 03-13-2012 at 12:13 AM

Did you use BitDefender (keiththewolf's report)?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Ringo90 on 03-13-2012 at 12:50 AM

No i didn't...
However, after 3 days i eventually came to a solution: i don't know why, but running WLM in Win 7 compatibility mode (though i'm using Win 7 already) makes Plus appear again.

RE: cannot install Messenger Plus! 5.11 by cottontail on 05-19-2012 at 11:52 PM

attempted to install Messenger Plus! Live version 5.11.  Downloaded installer from official site. When I run the installer it will go for a short time and then stop giving the message: An Error Occurred  while installing Messenger Plus!. Please try again later.

I've tried the things that are listed on this site but with no luck I still keep getting the same error message.  Am using windows live messenger 2009 build 14.0.8117.416 on Windows XP Pro SP3

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by david02 on 10-31-2012 at 08:31 AM

need help! i am new here & my problem is i can install the software but i can't log in to my account with live messenger. what to do?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by ewayne1941 on 11-18-2012 at 11:50 PM

Installation goes ok, everything works except if I try to send a wink, messenger shuts down and restarts. I do not have the sweetIm  or smiley programs. I have reinstalled numerous times, same result. I am using the latest versions of plus and messenger.