Shoutbox

Messenger Lock bug-auto send message to open windows then autosignout - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Messenger Lock bug-auto send message to open windows then autosignout (/showthread.php?tid=72686)

Messenger Lock bug-auto send message to open windows then autosignout by ahmetgns on 03-15-2007 at 07:33 PM

In Messenger Lock options, if you choose to signing out automatically when locking messenger and wants to send a message to open chat windows, that message cannot be sent because you aren't signed in when Plus! forces to send the message. Therefore, maybe disabling auto message option when auto-sign out is selected in "when locking messenger", Plus! users won't be disappointed due to unsent messages to their contacts.

EDIT: Please read my different point of view about Messenger Lock from this post

RE: Messenger Lock suggestion-disable auto send message to open windows when autosignout by deAd on 03-15-2007 at 09:36 PM

sounds like a good idea (y)

RE: Messenger Lock bug-when signing out automatically, auto messages can't be sent by ahmetgns on 03-31-2007 at 11:05 AM

I have just tested it and messages could be sent successfully. I mean there is not a bug here like mentioned in first post in this thread.

However I have noticed some other thing just now again. That is, when I set 'Change my status' to "Sign Out" when locking Messenger,  and when locking Messenger while my status is 'Appear Offline' it doesn't sign me out. It stays as Appear Offline. Maybe Patchou intentionally coded Plus! like this  but WHY?

RE: Messenger Lock bug-auto send message to open windows then autosignout by Jesus on 03-31-2007 at 11:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
I have just tested it and messages could be sent successfully. I mean there is not a bug here like mentioned in first post in this thread.
So basically, you reported a bug of which you weren't even sure if it existed :/

quote:
However I have noticed some other thing just now again. That is, when I set 'Change my status' to "Sign Out" when locking Messenger,  and when locking Messenger while my status is 'Appear Offline' it doesn't sign me out. It stays as Appear Offline. Maybe Patchou intentionally coded Plus! like this  but WHY?
My guess is that it is because when you appear offline, your contacts already see you as offline, so there's no need to actually sign out.
It's just a guess, IMO it should sign out no matter what when you set it to sign out and lock messenger.
RE: Messenger Lock bug-auto send message to open windows then autosignout by Patchou on 03-31-2007 at 07:03 PM

the appear-offline protection is indeed to prevent the status to be changed back to busy for instance. But you're right, sign-out means sign-out, it will be fixed.

RE: Messenger Lock bug-auto send message to open windows then autosignout by ahmetgns on 04-01-2007 at 03:32 AM

Thanks!

Offtopic: Btw, is Turkish included in the next version? I don't want to be annoying by insisting on this subject but I want a clear answer. Thanks again...

RE: Messenger Lock bug-auto send message to open windows then autosignout by Patchou on 04-02-2007 at 05:47 AM

Coiul be, I have to check that out again, sorry for the delay on this subject.

RE: Messenger Lock bug-auto send message to open windows then autosignout by ahmetgns on 04-05-2007 at 11:33 PM

Does it make sense to have Online in the list of  " 'Change my status' option when locking Messenger"? (This was offtopic, you may see :))

RE: Messenger Lock bug-auto send message to open windows then autosignout by prashker on 04-05-2007 at 11:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Does it make sense to have Online in the list of  " 'Change my status' option when locking Messenger"? (This was offtopic, you may see :))

Um, yes it makes sence, whoever locks it might want to be online when it's locked.