Shoutbox

Emoticons Script ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Emoticons Script ? (/showthread.php?tid=76090)

Emoticons Script ? by Eddie on 07-14-2007 at 05:30 AM

Im not sure if this has been made, if it has please direct me to it :)...i know in the old stuffplug there was a feature that did this...

You had a custom emoticon on :]1
And another on :]...but you could make it so it waited until you finished typing to place the emoticon there, so instead of having the :] come up when you type it you could type :]1 and have that come up instead.

If this makes no sense i apologise...if this hasnt been made is it possible?

RE: Emoticons Script ? by roflmao456 on 07-14-2007 at 05:32 AM

you mean.. not showing of emoticons while typing / in the typing area until sent?

i don't think there is a script for this.

RE: Emoticons Script ? by Eddie on 07-14-2007 at 05:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
you mean.. not showing of emoticons while typing / in the typing area until sent?

i don't think there is a script for this.
yeah i guess thats what i mean :) can someone make this please (Y)
RE: Emoticons Script ? by CookieRevised on 07-14-2007 at 08:12 AM

always search forums first, this was asked (again) just two months ago......

This is called "no-emoticons", at least that is what it was called when it was still a single patch for MSN Mesenger 6 (iirc)...

Anyways, yes it is perfectly possible to make this and yes I have such a script, but no I wont release it:

disable emoticons as you write?
[request] Don't draw smilies while writing them
[request] Two emoticon requests

sorry...

RE: Emoticons Script ? by Eddie on 07-14-2007 at 09:42 AM

ok then thanks cookie for that redirection, but i want the script not threads pointing to stuffplug, which i already know about.

RE: Emoticons Script ? by CookieRevised on 07-14-2007 at 09:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
ok then thanks cookie for that redirection, but i want the script not threads pointing to stuffplug, which i already know about.
Did you actually read those threads and my post in this thread? It explains that there will be no such script.

And those threads were also put there to show that a search would have answered your question without making a new thread about it.

:p
RE: Emoticons Script ? by Eddie on 07-14-2007 at 10:17 AM

Yeah i understand that, but you said you had such a script and it was possible but not releasing it, so that means someone else could make it?

RE: Emoticons Script ? by CookieRevised on 07-14-2007 at 10:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
Yeah i understand that, but you said you had such a script and it was possible but not releasing it, so that means someone else could make it?
yep...

(many things in StuffPlug can be made as a script for that matter; doesn't mean it would be efficient or generic though)
RE: Emoticons Script ? by Eddie on 07-14-2007 at 10:34 AM

ok thanks, and theres no chance at all that i would be able to get the script off of you? lol :P if not oh well...thanks i guess.