Shoutbox

encrypting olds html logs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: encrypting olds html logs (/showthread.php?tid=79921)

encrypting olds html logs by Q8Bond007 on 12-11-2007 at 12:34 PM

I have some old logs (*.html) and i would like to set a password for them.
Is that possible? (Converting the *.html logs to *.ple)

RE: encrypting olds html logs by prashker on 12-11-2007 at 12:47 PM

Plus > Preferences > Conversations > Log Encryption > "Re-Encyption"

[Image: attachment.php?pid=872467]

I'm not TOTALLY sure its this function as I don't use it regularly. But it's your best shot.

As an alternative which has the function to Encrypt seperate files or multiple ones use the script Log Manager found here.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=77116

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
...encryption actions - By the use of a user-friendly window, you can choose files to encrypt, decrypt or change the password of. It shows you basic information about the files, such as file size and last modification time, and lets you set the options for the process, such as your password and the output folder. To prevent you from accidentally hitting the Start button, a confirmation first must be accepted before the process starts. Then, you can see the progress of the action by the use of progress bars and in the status column of the files list.

RE: encrypting olds html logs by Stormsight on 12-11-2007 at 05:24 PM

i had the same problem, and the option you posted can be used ONLY to change the password for an already encrypted file,
but the script does it fine!! l thank you :-D

RE: encrypting olds html logs by Q8Bond007 on 12-12-2007 at 03:42 PM

thanks sonic, the first method didn't work. as stromsight said it changes the password for already encrypted files... but the second one did