Shoutbox

Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert (/showthread.php?tid=88334)

Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert by Ju4nCh0 on 01-12-2009 at 07:25 AM

Well, I've just updated to Windows Live Messenger 2009, and installed the latest MsgPlus (Build 353), it's all working pretty much as I expected, all good except for 2 little things...

The first one is the conversation logs... it's not saving them, I thought could be a compatibility problem or encryption issue... so I backed up my conversations in another folder, and it's not creating the new logs... If you check the empty folder while chatting with a friend, you'll see the log file there... but as soon as you close it, it goes away... Permission issue... not likely, it's all the same as it was before (with the old version) and it used to work.

The other issue, i have the conversation windows tabbed, but i'm not getting the "flashing" every time i get a new message, the only way of knowing is from the sound, and if you've got music on, just can't notice =P

However, it's just minor, the only big concern is about the Log... is there any work-around??

Thanks for your time.

=D

RE: Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert by Moh on 01-12-2009 at 09:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ju4nCh0
Well, I've just updated to Windows Live Messenger 2009, and installed the latest MsgPlus (Build 353), it's all working pretty much as I expected, all good except for 2 little things...

The first one is the conversation logs... it's not saving them, I thought could be a compatibility problem or encryption issue... so I backed up my conversations in another folder, and it's not creating the new logs... If you check the empty folder while chatting with a friend, you'll see the log file there... but as soon as you close it, it goes away... Permission issue... not likely, it's all the same as it was before (with the old version) and it used to work.

The other issue, i have the conversation windows tabbed, but i'm not getting the "flashing" every time i get a new message, the only way of knowing is from the sound, and if you've got music on, just can't notice =P

However, it's just minor, the only big concern is about the Log... is there any work-around??

Thanks for your time.

=D
Well, Do u use Messenger Discovery add-on?
RE: Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert by Ju4nCh0 on 01-12-2009 at 09:48 AM

Nope, would that help?

RE: Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert by Moh on 01-12-2009 at 10:01 AM

No, this is weird. Mostly add-ons are those who cause some problems with Plus!

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=77116 Have a look there, might help.

RE: Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert by Chris4 on 01-12-2009 at 10:24 AM

Moh Zayadi: Messenger Discovery isn't compatible with the latest WLM 2009, neither are any other add-ons I know of, apart from Plus!

Ju4nCh0, are your settings the same as this?

[Image: 96709936688444191612.jpg]
Click to enlarge

Is encryption turned off?

RE: Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert by Ju4nCh0 on 01-12-2009 at 07:32 PM

Hey, thanks for the help... I've found out something... I never tried using my XP computer... so I installed it right now... it is saving logs, ecripted and not encripted, however it's not flashing on new messages... maybe some compatibility issues with the OS, or even a temporary failure...

Anyway, I'll just wait for the original release, thanks a lot ;)

RE: Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert by yuping on 01-14-2009 at 08:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ju4nCh0

Thanks for your time.

=D

I encountered the same issue, WLM doesn't flashing on new message, it's really bother me, and my WLM cannot save chat logs too.
RE: RE: Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert by Ju4nCh0 on 01-14-2009 at 05:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by yuping
I encountered the same issue, WLM doesn't flashing on new message, it's really bother me, and my WLM cannot save chat logs too.

It can be annoying, but as I said before, it's only happenning wiht Windows Vista... I'm not having this issue with Windows XP.
RE: Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert by Link_of_Hyrule on 01-14-2009 at 07:13 PM

I'm on Windows 7 (which is built on top of vista) and it works perfectly with out problems.

RE: Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert by blessedguy on 01-14-2009 at 08:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Link_of_Hyrule

I'm on Windows Vista... and as perfectly as it should...
RE: Plus Beta (Build 353) not saving Logs and new-message alert by Link_of_Hyrule on 01-14-2009 at 09:08 PM

There must be something else behind your problem are you not an administrator on that computer or something like that?