Shoutbox

Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? (/showthread.php?tid=91305)

Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by absorbation on 07-02-2009 at 02:17 PM

I'm currently writing up a feature all about the upcoming version of Windows Live Messenger, in which I expect its first details to surface this summer. Part of this feature is about gathering feedback from people who know something about the program, so I'm asking the Plus! forums what features or changes would you like to see in WLM 10.

I personally would love to see full integration with social networking services and an overhaul of the file transfer system. I would appreciate comments any of you have on Messenger's future in general.

Thanks guys :)

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by blessedguy on 07-02-2009 at 02:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
I personally would love to see full integration with social networking services and an overhaul of the file transfer system. I would appreciate comments any of you have on Messenger's future in general.
Same...
But it also could finally come with its own tabbedchats, being able to attach and deattach them from conversation windows, but I gues that's more a suggestion to MP!L5.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to have bigger DPs by default, nor reenabling the option to view contacts email instead of their names...
RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by MeEtc on 07-02-2009 at 04:01 PM

Less bloat

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Lou on 07-02-2009 at 07:23 PM

I'll quote myself from a previous post elsewhere. I did change things here and there though, but it fits the situation perfectly:

File Transfers
They are slow compared to other applications. The transfers are limited (under normal circumstances) to three at a time. What for? No browser limits me to that, why should my instant messenger do it? The progress bar isn't as detailed as one would expect (perhaps an estimated time remaining, like most people have come to be accustomed with other programs?).

Invite feature?
Sorry to break it to you Microsoft, but that's not an invite button at all. That's a "force this contact into this conversation" button. This means that your email can get revealed to someone you may not want, you may be forced into a conversation with way too many people, perhaps even people you have blocked. Instead of labelling it invite, if you're not going to make a proper invite feature, why not label it "Force a contact to join this conversation"?

Customization
Although this has improved lately with the new "Layout" tab in the options, Windows Live Messenger doesn't have half as much customization from the base product as it should. Users requested skinning for so long, why is it that Patchou had to be the one to add it in? They say they listen to user feedback, yet the closest step they have taken to skinning in all the years is probably backgrounds in conversation windows, and the new scenes. On that note, it seems that you can't have a scene that fits everyone, many contacts will see it distorted in some way.

Forced updates
What's with that? Forcing users to update, otherwise they can't use the application? Sure, it might fix an exploit, and in that case it's understandable. But otherwise? Why would you force users to update if it's not to actually make it safer? At least give them the choice to update right away or not. It's their computer after all.

The contact list
Why can we not order the contacts in any way we want? It's possible now with the favourite group, but other than that, it's alphabetical or online versus offline, and that's it. What if I want certain contacts to be at the top all the time, regardless? Drag and drop should work every time, for whatever I want to do.

Tabbed chats?
Sure, Messenger Plus! does it, and quite great. It would suck to steal from Messenger Plus!, but if they listened to users' feedback over the years, Messenger Plus! would not have had to implement it. Users have requested it forever, and never got it. Of course they'll turn to another application to do it, but should they have to?

Formatting
Don't get me wrong, I love using stuff like Messenger Plus!, and I can tolerate using it for stuff like tabs and all that, because that may not be a feature that everyone wants, but formatting should definitely be implemented directly. The one thing that's useful in conversations is adding bold or italics to emphasize something. Maybe not colours, but at least a way to change the formatting in the middle of a sentence or paragraph. Now I can do it, but only with people that have Messenger Plus! installed as well. What a loss...

Custom emoticons
I love the idea of being able to have custom emoticons, but I hate the idea of people being able to abuse it. I don't want to turn them all off for those few contacts that abuse it. I should be able to set it so only certain contacts can't send me custom emoticons, it should be simple enough.

Polygamy
Why is that not implemented directly? I just don't get it. Thanks again Messenger Plus! (and not to mention Mess Patch and A-patch and also Messenger Discovery).

Custom Statuses
That is implemented in most other IM programs, why not this one? Especially now with brb gone, I don't want to set my status to away only for a minute or two, yet I want people that decide to start a conversation to be aware that I won't reply right away. It'd be nice to have custom statuses. Thanks Plus!

Connection/servers
Sure, it's normal that servers have maintenance and things need to be upgraded and kept well. Why not connect me to a backup server, or a server from another country that while a little bit slower may allow me to still connect? Just because my account is assigned a specific server, when it's down, I shouldn't have to be down with it. There are usually other servers that are up and running, spread the load but keep it active.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by ShawnZ on 07-03-2009 at 04:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lou
That's a "force this contact into this conversation" button. This means that your email can get revealed to someone you may not want,

anyone who has the power to invite you into a conversation also has the power to just give away your email address without asking you...
RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Schnappi on 07-03-2009 at 12:20 PM

Solve the irritating bug of lost messages once and for all.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Shiny Rabbit on 07-03-2009 at 04:23 PM

I agree with .Lou

I'd like to see alerts which are more customisable (like one which pop up if someone goes offline, but only for people who you are talking to), and take up less space, also, a chat window icon to reflect contacts' status (so if they go busy or away I can just scan my eyeballs across the taskbar, I know there's a script for this and Stuffplug used to have it but it's such a simple and useful feature that should have been in Messenger itself from the beginning).

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by italia333 on 07-04-2009 at 12:39 PM

an option to show dp's in contact list (small), like it was in 7.5

i kno mess patch has tried and half succeeded before.. but without the feature wlm has never felt the same since

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by robert_dll on 07-04-2009 at 04:27 PM

There is already an option to do that, click [Image: 16712z5.png], next to the add or scripts button.

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by italia333 on 07-05-2009 at 09:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by robert_dll
There is already an option to do that, click [Image: 16712z5.png], next to the add or scripts button.

i kno that, but i was refering to how '7.5' was...

in wlm 9 the 'small' option is too big, and the line height is very large, enough to fit the pm underneath aswell.. which wastes alot of room

in 7.5,  the dp replaced the buddy icon(included status aswel), and the list still remained very compact.

i hope that was clear to understand
RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by kiyiko on 09-15-2009 at 01:12 AM

i have to say, i hate that damn *mouseover* menu, that pops up all the time, when browsing my contact list

and put wlm back in the toolbar, on windows 7

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by chordleburger on 09-15-2009 at 04:50 AM

A few must-have features are as follows:

-Make the dots before every message optional. Seriously, I hate them, and every time I want to copy and paste a message, it does this:

Fred says:
*Hi
*How's it going

-Allow us to choose which side the avatars are on.

And if possible, I'd like there to be a way to choose the way the messages are displayed.

Right now, they are displayed like this:

Fred says (10:00):
Hi
How's it going

But I'd also like to see

Fred(10:00): Hi
Fred(10:00): How's it going

-Also, what happened to signature sounds? I know they have custom sounds still, but I liked signature sounds.

-Arrange chat windows with more space in mind. As of right now, the chat window area for the actual text is getting smaller and smaller. There are a lot of spaces in the window that aren't being used.

-What's up with the memory usage? It can take upwards of 60K KB RAM at a time, and for what?

and one last thing, what happened to Music Mix? I used it all the time to share some audio files with friends. Why is it gone? :(

Yay the post is over

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Moh on 09-15-2009 at 01:32 PM

I'll add a few comments just in case you didn't know.

quote:
Originally posted by chordleburger
A few must-have features are as follows:

-Make the dots before every message optional. Seriously, I hate them, and every time I want to copy and paste a message, it does this:

Fred says:
*Hi
*How's it going

-Allow us to choose which side the avatars are on.
Avalon Concept offers both.

quote:
And if possible, I'd like there to be a way to choose the way the messages are displayed.

Right now, they are displayed like this:

Fred says (10:00):
Hi
How's it going

But I'd also like to see

Fred(10:00): Hi
Fred(10:00): How's it going
This is already an option in Messenger. Go to Tools> Options> Messages> Untick "Group sequential messages from each contact together".

quote:
-Arrange chat windows with more space in mind. As of right now, the chat window area for the actual text is getting smaller and smaller. There are a lot of spaces in the window that aren't being used.
You can make it bigger by hiding the personal message and the menu bar.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Jesus on 09-15-2009 at 02:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kiyiko
i hate that damn *mouseover* menu, that pops up all the time, when browsing my contact list
this
RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by RaPLeX on 09-15-2009 at 08:52 PM

i would like to see oversized dp option again.it was one of the best thing of msn messenger 7.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Chris4 on 09-15-2009 at 09:52 PM

Lou, please work for Microsoft. WLM would be so much better. :P

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by skribb on 09-16-2009 at 12:50 PM

The only reason I use Microsoft's IM app as opposed to any other is because WLM is the dominant IM software in my country. I'd say there are maybe 1000 people using ICQ and 2 million using WLM (as an example).

Umm, I digress |-)

Lookwise, there is a lot that needs to be done. Messenger has looked worse and worse with every version since 8.1, and v2009 looks like, dare I say it, complete shit. Not that I'd give a hoot normally, but since I can't even log on to the network without updating to v14, it suddenly becomes personal. It looks so bad in fact, that it got me in a bad mood this morning, which still sort of lingers in my mind.

Windows Messenger needs to look like MSN MESSENGER. Circa 7.5-8.0. That, or the second best alternative: less  bloat, more customisation options. In essence, that would pretty much entail everything that's been said in this thread already.

In sum: Less colours, less Aero Glass crap, less "features".

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by shaun02010 on 09-16-2009 at 09:12 PM

Webcam that works thousands like me wish this so please fix this error and dont blame on other programs or firewalls cos i have done everything told and guess what still dont work:S
WEBCAM SESSION ENDED thats all i get hope you can fix it

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by chordleburger on 09-17-2009 at 06:03 AM

quote:
This is already an option in Messenger. Go to Tools> Options> Messages> Untick "Group sequential messages from each contact together".

No, no it isn't. Actually look at what I'm requesting. I'm talking about having the name and text on the same line.

quote:
Avalon Concept offers both

Avalon Concept also has UI flaws (ever notice the little piece missing from the side of the typing box?), and the space where the dot goes is still there, and when you copy and paste from the chat window, the asterisks still appear. I've USED avalon concept, so please actually educate yourself on the matter a little better.

quote:
You can make it bigger by hiding the personal message and the menu bar.

Or how about I continue to have necessary space without having to hide a bunch of things?

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Relex on 09-17-2009 at 09:20 AM

Well first of all, please have a look at these problems (annoyances) http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=92251

To sum up:
- I like to have an option to turn off and on the clear type within the messenger
- I like to have an option to disable the animated pictures in the chat window, so it is only a static picture like it was in all the previous versions of MSN

- I like to have more options to display the status of the people in the contact list: you now have a couple of options regarding displaying the display picture or to use a colored icon for the status. In my opinion the old way was better, because it was less destracting. Only red and green is enough for me. Besides that I don't like the new icons... (a colored square).

- A new option would be great to have the file transfers not in the text of the chatwindow but between the 2 display containers with a progression bar and perhaps a resume option :)

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by gaara20 on 09-17-2009 at 07:32 PM

- Old Interface like MSN 8. The gems in 2009 are ugly, to small and sometimes its hard to see wich one is online, away etc. Im not color blind but that yellow sometimes looks like green.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Moh on 09-17-2009 at 11:24 PM

Just one thing, get rid of this whole ugly colouring thing and revert back to buddy icons.

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Relex on 09-18-2009 at 07:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gaara20
- Old Interface like MSN 8. The gems in 2009 are ugly, to small and sometimes its hard to see wich one is online, away etc. Im not color blind but that yellow sometimes looks like green.

I totally agree with you. There are ways to improve the looks, by changing the skin. But also for me the colors of the icons who are or aren't online and the blurry clear type makes it hard to look at without making my eyes tired. Besides that the colored indicators are much to small and I don't understand why MS stopped using their own buddy icons.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by SSP on 10-18-2009 at 03:00 PM

- See who has audio or/and video directly in contact list;
Maybe this is a good idea. I dunno if it already exists but it maybe would be a good feature, look at the picture/screenshot:

[Image: contactlist_webcam_idea.png]
When people click on the webcam-button or the audio-button it will send an invitation to start webcam or audio.

If it already exists or if there is a plugin like this, tell me =)

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Coolieo on 11-09-2009 at 10:05 PM

I would like to see the option to Always Appear Offline to specific people.  I do not want to have to block certain people that I don't want to chat to at that time.

I still want to be able to receive messages from those people, so block would not work there.

Appearing offline to all members to avoid needing this feature will not work also as I need to be Online to have certain features like Video Call working.

Also I want people that I would actually want to chat to at that time to know that I am online, while chosen people will see me as being offline but can still have contact with me.

This feature is already implemented in Yahoo Messenger, but I dont like yahoo at all.

Thank you, having this feature will make WLM complete for me.  Apart from the bloated GUI *-)

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Hank on 11-10-2009 at 12:39 AM

i'd like to see it cleaned up you have Delete Contact & Block Contact. i'd like those 2 options put into one option. if you choose ( Delete Contact ) you can just tick the Block an Delete contact. IMO both having those 2 options there are confusing the user,

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by honey114 on 11-10-2009 at 05:26 PM

1.) Please!!!!!!! Correct the bad voice- and webcamfunction!!!!!
2.) Implented MSN-PLUS :D
3.)

quote:
I would like to see the option to Always Appear Offline to specific people.
(like the yahoo messenger)
4.) Maybe a Twitter-Plugin???
RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Spunky on 11-10-2009 at 08:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by honey114
2.) Implented MSN-PLUS :D
3.)  (like the yahoo messenger)
4.) Maybe a Twitter-Plugin???

3) Block them?

4) BuddyFuse ;)
RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by redgunner on 11-12-2009 at 06:57 AM

Turn off Mirror Image on Webcam (at least give the god damn option!!)

Webcams can be large no matter what desktop resolution (Where's the sense in this!?!)

Turn off the MSN Space community? I never use it, so why log everything I do?!

If they had those basic settings it would make MSN a lot better:)

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by CookieRevised on 11-12-2009 at 12:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
i'd like to see it cleaned up you have Delete Contact & Block Contact. i'd like those 2 options put into one option. if you choose ( Delete Contact ) you can just tick the Block an Delete contact. IMO both having those 2 options there are confusing the user,
I doubt that much can be done for it as those two options are different things and the user must have a way to choose to block or not to block a contact. Deleting a user doesn't always means blocking the contact too.

quote:
Originally posted by honey114
This usually is a problem of your connection and/or settings. See:
http://help.live.com/Help.aspx?project=WL_Messeng...orAudioQuality.htm
and
http://help.live.com/Help.aspx?project=WL_Messeng...oInWLMessenger.htm

quote:
Originally posted by redgunner
Turn off Mirror Image on Webcam (at least give the god damn option!!)
There is usually (not always) an option in the webcam driver settings itself.

quote:
Webcams can be large no matter what desktop resolution (Where's the sense in this!?!)
You can make them smaller. You have three sizes: small, medium, large. Click on the small down-arrow next to the webcam picture in a conversation and choose "Size". The smallest size is a bit larger than a standard display picture.

quote:
Turn off the MSN Space community? I never use it, so why log everything I do?!
Go to your Windows Live Account and disable all the permission options and settings or select who you want it to see:
https://consent.live.com/manageconsent.aspx
http://profile.live.com/permissions/
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by kurono on 11-12-2009 at 03:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Coolieo
I would like to see the option to Always Appear Offline to specific people.  I do not want to have to block certain people that I don't want to chat to at that time.

I still want to be able to receive messages from those people, so block would not work there.

Appearing offline to all members to avoid needing this feature will not work also as I need to be Online to have certain features like Video Call working.

Also I want people that I would actually want to chat to at that time to know that I am online, while chosen people will see me as being offline but can still have contact with me.

This feature is already implemented in Yahoo Messenger, but I dont like yahoo at all.

Thank you, having this feature will make WLM complete for me.  Apart from the bloated GUI *-)

I would like this feature seconded. Appearing offline to selected contacts and still receiving messages may be the only thing new i want to see... ^^(Y)
RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Hank on 11-13-2009 at 12:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I doubt that much can be done for it as those two options are different things and the user must have a way to choose to block or not to block a contact. Deleting a user doesn't always means blocking the contact too.
yeah but IMO its just a waste of space.  all one has to do is Tick either Box Block or Delete depending on what the user wants to do with that contact.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by absorbation on 11-13-2009 at 10:54 AM

Good to see this thread is still active with suggestions :).

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Nagamasa on 12-05-2009 at 03:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
quote:
yeah but IMO its just a waste of space.  all one has to do is Tick either Box Block or Delete depending on what the user wants to do with that contact.

Instead of adding a name to a block list, perhaps removing the name from either list (and thus becoming a part of the "Others").

I'd like my settings for Contact display pictures to stay small in the conversation windows.
Improvements (and fix) to the webcam issues (it's really laggy, ConnectNow works much better; less resources) would be nice.

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by CookieRevised on 12-05-2009 at 05:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
quote:
Instead of adding a name to a block list, perhaps removing the name from either list (and thus becoming a part of the "Others").
That is wat delete without ticking the 'also block' option does. That is exactly why that dialog is the way it is; it can't be made 'smaller'; you need the two options.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by EnigmaConsulting on 12-18-2009 at 12:38 AM

WLM needs AutoAccept, a la Plus!, for a configurable set of request types and/or contact filters.

WLM also needs AutoFullScreen for video calls for a configurable set of contacts filters.

WLM could gain considerable market share if they removed those two barriers to the computer illiterate senior citizens.  With AutoAccept and AutoFullScreen options, someone computer literate could easily set up anothers computer for unassisted video conferencing.

Of course, filtering by contacts is crucial to preventing abuse -- some of it anyway.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by kezz on 12-18-2009 at 11:32 AM

The cleanly installed client needs to be much more minimalistic, and provide the basic features in a clean interface, with options to customize/addon extra things.

We shouldn't have to spend time skinning/scripting, installing addons and editing options to get a clean, easy IM client.

I don't mind the integration with social networking instruments (Twitter, Facebook etc), as long as it is done cleanly and is not invasive or dominant in the interface.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by AAA123 on 12-26-2009 at 08:28 AM

Imagine IM with virtual reality.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Chris4 on 12-26-2009 at 08:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AAA123
What do you mean by virtual reality?
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by AAA123 on 12-26-2009 at 09:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Chris4 on 12-26-2009 at 02:08 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

I know but virtual reality is, I just wanted you to elaborate a bit more as to how it would work with WLM. :happy:
RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Eddie on 12-26-2009 at 03:28 PM

Well based on screenshots, LESS ADVERTS!

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Chrissy on 12-26-2009 at 04:33 PM

I'd also like multi web-cam! :P

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by kezz on 12-27-2009 at 02:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc

That would be pretty cool. And also multi-voice call, if that already doesn't exist.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Chrissy on 12-27-2009 at 02:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kezzinator29
quote:

That would be pretty cool. And also multi-voice call, if that already doesn't exist.
Yeah, people have been wanting it since around 7.0 :P
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Toxn on 12-27-2009 at 04:40 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kezzinator29
quote:

Yeah, people have been wanting it since around 7.0 :P

I hope they do add it. If not then i'll just continue to use skype :P

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by AAA123 on 12-27-2009 at 10:54 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I know but virtual reality is, I just wanted you to elaborate a bit more as to how it would work with WLM. :happy:

Having a virtual 3d space in which virtual people can interact with each other.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by zach on 12-27-2009 at 02:45 PM

I don't know what I want to see specifically but it needs a major makeover to be appealing again imo. I think people swarm around facebook+chat now and even though it has the bare minimum in features, it does its job and feels more connected (but these things come and go). Maybe one of the main things about facebook is that it has two levels of communication 1. on your homepage where people want to publically (which friends) have a conversation where anyone can reply and 2. the basic instant messaging chat that people which is private like people would've once used msn for instead. WLM needs to work on the profile side of live accounts.

I want a no-strings-attached feel which wlm doesn't have because it's bloated (even if this isn't true, it feels that way). What's this huge, obscure 'Windows Live Contacts' folder for example? And what is happening with the information I put out there? I never visit profile pages and can't tell if other people do (except for 'what's new'). I want an easy way to talk to people (most of the time it's 1v1 but maybe WLM could focus on group chat improvements), I want good, organised logging because I like to be able to quickly search through all my logs, and good file sharing maybe using temporary web storage because it's so clumsy when all I want to do is transfer and view a photo then delete (the photo slideshow thing doesn't work well).

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by m3rr on 01-26-2010 at 08:01 PM

I'd have to agree with the "Selective Appear Offline"

also , Voice and Video Chat able to be used "Appearing Offline"

More importantly ,  remove the Size restriction (file size) on the
display pictures.

Half the good Animated Gif's out there are over 200kb.
Which really limits us.

There's also hardly any good Image Compression Software out there that doesn't just suck or only reduce 2-5% of the File size and NOT sacrifice 60% of the image quality...

Maybe a little more customization options.
Opposed to just the top part being colourized.
The Entire List , Text and all. Change the font and colour.

Like the Old Messenger Plus Allowed us to do without Skins.
Way back yonder.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Skywolfe on 01-26-2010 at 09:25 PM

a few things I would like to see are. a background option. in version 8.5 it enabled you to not just have a background for the conversation window,but the whole thing would be in it.

removal of the photo sharing feature.
it isn't necessary.

regular display pictures and statuses again.

earlier versions had (in a call)
Busy
Away
Avaiable
out to lunch

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by m3rr on 01-26-2010 at 09:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Skywolfe
a few things I would like to see are. a background option. in version 8.5 it enabled you to not just have a background for the conversation window,but the whole thing would be in it.

removal of the photo sharing feature.
it isn't necessary.

regular display pictures and statuses again.

earlier versions had (in a call)
Busy
Away
Avaiable
out to lunch

I'm a Fan of the Picture sharing , it made collaboration on certain projects (namely photo (obviously)) easier and fast.
But hey , again with the Invention of Google Wave..
Could see it being obsolete.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Chrissy on 01-26-2010 at 11:26 PM

I'd also like to see Plus! 5 :P

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by rlawley on 03-08-2010 at 09:57 PM

I would like to be able to instal it on a Windows 2008 x64 server running Terminal Services. We have 30 TS accounts on a 64 bit server 2008 and it will not work! It worked fine before the forced upgrade to 14.

If anyone out there did this, I would like to know how. When I installed it, it would work for one - three people randomly, then it would break and lockup all the accounts.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by RaPLeX on 03-08-2010 at 10:41 PM

I want to see oversized display pictures thats all

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Chrissy on 03-09-2010 at 12:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rlawley
I would like to be able to instal it on a Windows 2008 x64 server running Terminal Services. We have 30 TS accounts on a 64 bit server 2008 and it will not work! It worked fine before the forced upgrade to 14.

If anyone out there did this, I would like to know how. When I installed it, it would work for one - three people randomly, then it would break and lockup all the accounts.
Post is elseware and you'll get a much better and more seen reply.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by tulip on 03-11-2010 at 06:30 PM

hmm, I would like to see the display picture more , and make the messenger more secure

that's it =)

RE: Windows Live Messenger 2010: What would you like to see? by Chrissy on 03-11-2010 at 07:29 PM

How do you mean by more secure?