Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 (/showthread.php?tid=95622)

Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Nathalie on 10-19-2010 at 04:11 PM

New release will be fully compatible with Windows Live™ Messenger 2011

Messenger Plus! Live is approaching the release of Plus! 5. This new version, targeted for release in early December of this year, will be completely compatible with Windows Live™ Messenger 2011.  In conjunction with the release of Messenger Plus! 5, users will experience a new look and feel from our rebranded websites. Messenger Plus! Live software remains safe and free to download, and transparent to install.

To ease the transition to Messenger Plus! 5, Yuna Software released an intermediate version, on October 19, 2010, Messenger Plus! Live 4.9. This version is already partially compliant with WLM 2011.  Users of 4.9 will be notified when Plus! 5 is available.

Messenger Plus! Live 4.9 can be downloaded at http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/

The change log for this version is at: http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/changelog/

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Chrissy on 10-19-2010 at 04:17 PM

Yay! :D

quote:
Once the uninstallation is completed succesfully, a call is made to Messenger Plus! servers for statistical purpose.

Is this optional?
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Choli on 10-19-2010 at 04:33 PM

Nice. Good luck with the development of plus 5 ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by matty on 10-19-2010 at 04:38 PM

That is certainly nice to hear.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Mike on 10-19-2010 at 05:41 PM

Woohoo! Finally! Plus! for WLM 2011! :D:D

EDIT: Hmmm ... it's not working for me. Plus! menu is visible on the contact list, but it doesn't appear in the conversation window (safe mode is disabled). Is skinning the only feature that's working right now?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by matty on 10-19-2010 at 06:05 PM

From what I remember the conversation specific functions won't work in this release. At least that is what was said when I was in Montreal.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Guido on 10-19-2010 at 06:11 PM

Congrats!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Mike on 10-19-2010 at 06:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
From what I remember the conversation specific functions won't work in this release. At least that is what was said when I was in Montreal.
Alright, thanks. Looks like I'll have to wait 'till December :(
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by warmth on 10-19-2010 at 06:25 PM

Installing... (:

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Spunky on 10-19-2010 at 07:35 PM

* Spunky wonders what "Plus! Image" is :p

EDIT:

WLM Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3502.922)
MP!L Version 4.90.0.392 (Released 12/10/2010)

Software not loaded error :(

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Mike on 10-19-2010 at 07:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/changelog/
(still un-supported and requires disabling safe mode)
Click the "Software not loaded" menu item, and disable safe mode from there :)
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Chrono on 10-19-2010 at 08:02 PM

great news (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Spunky on 10-19-2010 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:

quote:
(still un-supported and requires disabling safe mode)

Ah, never used it before so didn't know how to activate it... Search function on the forum sucks lol
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Nagamasa on 10-19-2010 at 10:18 PM

I think Smile a Mile is coming back :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Chrono on 10-19-2010 at 11:49 PM

What is working exactly? i cant test it out :p
Are colored nicks working on contact list, for instance?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 10-19-2010 at 11:57 PM

quote:
    Compatibility with Messenger 2011 Beta 1 has been removed and replaced by compatibility with the Final version (still un-supported and requires disabling safe mode).
        Skinning is now supported in Messenger 2011 with the exception of custom window shapes.
        Skinning: UIB files can all be properly decoded and re-encoded (windows definitions and styles can be skinned).
        Skinning: resources from new locations are now extracted from Messenger.
    Skinning: comments enclosed in "/* */" are now supported in style files.
    Once the installation is completed succesfully, a web based 'Thank you' page will be launched.
    Once the uninstallation is completed succesfully, a call is made to Messenger Plus! servers for statistical purpose.

http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/changelog/
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Nagamasa on 10-19-2010 at 11:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Are colored nicks working on contact list, for instance?
I know when you "Add a nickname", there's no colour. (Plus, you can't see anyone's nicks anyways...it's their real name :P)

Skin extraction worked out okay. Event viewer seems fine too. Commands don't work.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Chancer on 10-20-2010 at 12:32 AM

Plus! is not loading here, but I don't get any error message.

When I press Alt, I see the toolbar, and there's an "Plus!" menu, but when I place the mouse over it, it vanishes.
Any ideas?
(Both MPL and WLM were just installed, I was using the old messenger before that, and had never installed a beta)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 10-20-2010 at 12:38 AM

quote:
Ah, never used it before so didn't know how to activate it... Search function on the forum sucks lol

thats why an update to mybb1.6 would come in handy but it all depends whats gonna happen with this forum in December when MPL5 comes out

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
Plus! is not loading here, but I don't get any error message.

When I press Alt, I see the toolbar, and there's an "Plus!" menu, but when I place the mouse over it, it vanishes.
Any ideas?
(Both MPL and WLM were just installed, I was using the old messenger before that, and had never installed a beta)
do what spunky did an it may work

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Chancer on 10-20-2010 at 12:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
do what spunky did an it may work

Click the "Software not loaded" menu item, and disable safe mode from there
But where is this "Software not loaded"?
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 10-20-2010 at 12:53 AM

quote:
But where is this "Software not loaded"?
no fucking idea as i dont use Plus anymore or WLM for that matter :)  well i do use WLM from time to time but its not worth me installing Plus
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Chancer on 10-20-2010 at 01:14 AM

Hm... I had to check "Show toolbar", and then I was able to click on Plus! menu and find this "Software not loaded".

However, there are no icons on contact list and conv. windows. Perhaps there's no full support.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Chrono on 10-20-2010 at 03:20 AM

quote:
Perhaps there's no full support.
almost no features work apparently :P
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Kafman on 10-20-2010 at 03:48 AM

quote:
almost no features work apparently
Nice work... I mean, who prefers partial skins workin than chat logging or custom sounds... the feature of color nicknames was perfectly understandable since that is something that the WLM team changed... but no text formatting, no plus! menu, nothing works on the conversation window...

Everyone has been trolled hard by Yuna Software.
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by CookieRevised on 10-20-2010 at 04:54 AM

Cool news! Thanks.... Installing atm...

quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
quote:

thats why an update to mybb1.6 would come in handy but it all depends whats gonna happen with this forum in December when MPL5 comes out
The searching feature on this forum is good enough. Having a new board version isn't going to solve the inability to do a proper search (aka the lazy human factor in this).
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Q8Bond007 on 10-20-2010 at 07:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kafman
quote:
Nice work... I mean, who prefers partial skins workin than chat logging or custom sounds... the feature of color nicknames was perfectly understandable since that is something that the WLM team changed... but no text formatting, no plus! menu, nothing works on the conversation window...

Exactly, almost NOTHING works. I don't see the point of releasing this... I'm seeing no difference between using it before(without MP!L) and now after installing MP!L.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by matty on 10-20-2010 at 11:34 AM

quote:
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Nathalie
This version is already partially compliant with WLM 2011.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by kaxtru on 10-20-2010 at 12:33 PM

a post stating which functions still work or not would be nice. The changelog gave me the idea that a good part of the functionality would work.

But as I can see now that I "upgraded", plus is pretty much useless with wlm 2011.
Even the chat logging is not working for me, an that's the main reason why I use plus!

Yeah, I fell pretty much trolled too.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by NeoRevan on 10-20-2010 at 12:45 PM

[Image: trollface.png]

Seriously though, I'm in need of the chat log feature so I guess I'm holding off on upgrading for now :(

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Menthix on 10-20-2010 at 03:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kaxtru
a post stating which functions still work or not would be nice.
See Plus 4.9 on WLM 2011. Which features work and which ones don't.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Spongshga on 10-20-2010 at 04:20 PM

i wanna be a beta testa for 5 (WLM 2011)...

and i have nice new wiches (functions):
messenger: change name into messenger (hide webside)
facebook: prefer Live-ID befor fb Contacts (chatting) - but open fb chat about FB icon in chatwindow
facebook: show offline (nvisible)
facebook: on/off button into messenger
facebook: allow type when fb-contakt offline
facebook: send offline fb-contact after he comes online or automaticl a PM!
facebook: send WLM statusmessege to facebook or 'what iam doing' )with a prefix "@fb Message"
facebook: Online activity reduce or hide just fb online activitiy or set for important people or fb-friends-groups
chatwinbdow: income a Youtube-Video-Url, give a option to show into messenger!
chatwindow: spell check (underline)
contactlist: hide groups when everybody in thear are offline

NEW (30.10.10)

fake a network: this fuction simulate a network fucktion and alow samply icq/jabber/google etc. Chat Contact list!
messenger: set aktivate/deaktivate from "what iam listen with player" into the messenger. (for vlc,wmp,itunes, etc.)
message history: (orginal WLM-history) by Exit ore Logoff delite history from Original Messenger folder. (this fuction show the last history into chatwindow but save chatthistory for spying)

original (ger)

code:
name ändern (über messenger)
facebook (wenn mit msn und facebook on dann msn bevorzugen aber facebook icon grün anzeigen und cklick auf button fb chat öffnen)
facebook (offline anzeigen)
facebook (on/offline button into messenger)
facebook (neuichkeiten über messenger schreiben)
facebook (wenn Kontakt off, dann trotzem weiterschreiben und evtl automatisch als Nachricht senden oder wenn er wieder on kommt.)
facebook  Online Aktivitäten reduzieren oder nur für fb abschalten.
Kontaktliste (Gruppen ausblenden wenn alle in dieser off)
Chat (Rechtschreib überprüfung)
chatwindow: income a Youtube-Video-Url, give a option to show into messenger!

NEW (30.10.10)
fake a network: this fuction simulate a network fucktion and alow samply icq/jabber/google etc. Chat Contact list!
messenger: set aktivate/deaktivate from "what iam listen with player". (for vlc,wmp,itunes, etc.)
Verlauf: (Orginal Messenger Verlauf) Beim Beenden oder Abmelden Verlauf Komplet vom Orginam Messenger entfernen (dient dazu dennoch beim Chattbox letzte gesendete Nachrichten nachzulesen ohne ein Sicherheitsrisiko ein zu gehen für geschützte Verläufe)

[b]
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Chancer on 10-20-2010 at 04:37 PM

At least "lock messenger" and a few scripts (such as Gmail Checker) work. It's enough for me, for a while, until another update.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by matty on 10-20-2010 at 06:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spongshga
i wanna be a beta testa for 5 (WLM 2011)...
Nobody knows yet who is going to be beta testing. We don't know if more testers are going to be added or if they are going to keep only the current testers.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Chronia on 10-20-2010 at 08:15 PM

WLM2011 Was released. I got a windows update message for windows live essentials. WLM 2011 blows! I had to do a system restore to go back to the old version. The new one takes up the WHOLE screen and has all this junk tacked on the side of your contact lists, it does not look anything remotely the same as the previous version. I sincerely hope someone will be making a skin to retrograde the "new" version to look and function like the old version we all know, love and are used to. otherwise I won't be "upgrading" for as long as I can help it.

But yea just to make everyone aware the "new" and imo poorer 2011 version is live now.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Menthix on 10-20-2010 at 08:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chronia
The new one takes up the WHOLE screen and has all this junk tacked on the side of your contact lists, it does not look anything remotely the same as the previous version.
Hit the button on the upper-right corner and it will go from http://rnd.menthix.net/windows_live/Windows_Live_..._Social_Window.png to http://rnd.menthix.net/windows_live/Windows_Live_...ct_List_Window.png. And then you can obviously also still change the other aspects as hiding the tab bar and changing the list layout.

quote:
I had to do a system restore to go back to the old version.
Wasn't necessary. You could have simply uninstalled Windows Live Essentials 2011, rebooted, and download and install Live Messenger 2009.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Chrissy on 10-20-2010 at 09:44 PM

quote:
New release will be fully compatible with Windows Live™ Messenger 2011

Sounds a bit misleading :P

quote:
I had to do a system restore to go back to the old version.

Failing to sign-in with the old version, yes? :P Happened to me to, along with others! :(
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Menthix on 10-20-2010 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
Sounds a bit misleading :P
That's referring to 5.0. Plus! 4.9 is only mentioned further down the text.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Chrissy on 10-20-2010 at 09:57 PM

Oh, gotcha :)

One more thing. The 'sending of data for statistical purposes' is a mandatory thing? Or can it be disabled?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Spunky on 10-21-2010 at 06:00 AM

quote:
The 'sending of data for statistical purposes' is a mandatory thing? Or can it be disabled?

I wasn't 100% happy with this myself. What information and statistics are they getting from this? I was going to try and find a way around it, but let it be for now.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by ahmetgns on 10-21-2010 at 07:04 AM

Is Messenger Plus! 5 going to be released only for WLM 2011 or is it going to support WLM 2009 also?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Menthix on 10-21-2010 at 07:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Is Messenger Plus! 5 going to be released only for WLM 2011 or is it going to support WLM 2009 also?
I imagine both as Plus! has always been supporting multiple Messenger versions in the past too.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by CookieRevised on 10-21-2010 at 08:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
If it isn't going to support WLM 2009 I'll personally will go to Montreal and slap the entire development team with a large wet trout.... (seriously!)...

But what Menthix said: Plus! has always supported multiple versions. So going on that, it would now too. This said, some stuff might of course only be WLM 2011 specific though (eg: options in regards to the 'social' part of Messenger 2011, if any).
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Menthix on 10-21-2010 at 11:52 AM

quote:
quote:
Is this optional?
I just checked. No, it is not optional. But all that happens is a single call to a URL on msgpluslive.net. The URL or headers don't contain personal data. In fact, it doesn't contain any data. The statistic is just the rate of uninstalls, just as a call to the download URL is used for statistics too without any privacy concern.

If you worry about the uninstall call you should have been worried when you hit the download button on the Plus! site too. It's the same thing :p.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by coolzee on 10-21-2010 at 12:23 PM

Great news, I can't wait to use Plus! 5 when it release. :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Thor on 10-22-2010 at 08:20 AM

A bit of a out-of-nowhere question, but can anyone who personally use the logging feature confirm whether or not it works in 2011?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Tochjo on 10-22-2010 at 08:36 AM

Chat logging does not seem to work, see Plus 4.9 on WLM 2011. Which features work and which ones don't.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Thor on 10-23-2010 at 03:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
Chat logging does not seem to work, see Plus 4.9 on WLM 2011. Which features work and which ones don't.
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
No, chat logging does not work yet in Plus! 4.9 combined with WLM 2011.
Ah, thanks!

I'll be sticking to 2009 in the meanwhile.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Msnmaniac on 10-25-2010 at 11:36 PM

MSN PLUSSSSSSS for windows live messenger beta 2011 wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen????? :@:@:@:@

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by blessedguy on 10-25-2010 at 11:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Msnmaniac
MSN PLUSSSSSSS for windows live messenger beta 2011 wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen????? :@:@:@:@

Please, update both your Windows Live Messenger and Plus! then read Plus 4.9 on WLM 2011. Which features work and which ones don't
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Lou on 10-26-2010 at 01:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
Originally posted by Msnmaniac

Please, update both your Windows Live Messenger and Plus! then read Plus 4.9 on WLM 2011. Which features work and which ones don't
Also, learn to know names; Messenger Plus! Live. Also, calm down.

Edit: and for the record, for those of you who are not able to read, I'm not reffering to calling WLM as MSN, but calling Plus! as MSN. I couldn't be doing it the other way because this person CLEARLY said "windows live messenger beta". If you're too incompetent to read, don't bother posting at all.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by TwistedAlice on 10-27-2010 at 12:11 PM

Will there be an option to be able to use a nick name on MSN rather than your real name?  I like to use a nickname on MSN while I'm chatting to friends and random people that pop up, but I use my hotmail for job hunting.

If i change my name on MSN to a nickname, it changes my name on hotmail, which is just terrible.  I don't want everything linked together like this :( I might have to give up on msn if this is going to be the norm.

Is there a way to uninstall this all and revert back to an older version of MSN untill there is a full list of add on's for Plus! Live?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by djdannyp on 10-27-2010 at 12:26 PM

No, as has been stated elsewhere there's no way to have a nickname instead of your real name.  Even if you downgrade to an older version to use a nickname, your contacts will still see your real name, as most of them will have WLM 2011 already.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by TwistedAlice on 10-27-2010 at 12:34 PM

UGH! That really really sucks.  Some people like their privacy! I don't want to have to make a new hotmail just so that I can chat to random people and not have them knowing my real name.  I like being anon.

I'm going to go back to 2009 anyway, 2011 is really rubbish.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by CookieRevised on 10-27-2010 at 03:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TwistedAlice
UGH! That really really sucks.  Some people like their privacy! I don't want to have to make a new hotmail just so that I can chat to random people and not have them knowing my real name.  I like being anon.

I'm going to go back to 2009 anyway, 2011 is really rubbish.
I very strongly encourage you to tell this to MS directly via their Windows Live Solution Center, or via the Feeback form which you'll find in the Help menu in Messenger.

PS: Taking away display names is HORRIBLE.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by TwistedAlice on 10-27-2010 at 07:14 PM

Thanks Cookie.  I'm going to do that right now.  Display names was one of the great reasons of MSN.  I use multi accounts for RolePlaying with friends and use various names on them as well as changing names at various times.

I also don't want random people that I've added from chat rooms at various points in time knowing my real name. 

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Spongshga on 10-30-2010 at 04:18 PM

NEW IDEAS FOR MESSENGER PLUS! LIVE 5: 30.10.10
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=95...1002004#pid1002004

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by bird on 10-31-2010 at 06:06 PM

HOW TO KNOW WHO S IN LINE

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by MoTT on 11-01-2010 at 07:41 PM

I was wondering if MSG Plus! 5 will include an update so that you can customize your name with emoticons and whatnot on Windows Live Messenger 2011? I was quite disappointed finding out that you actually had to log into your hotmail profile to change anything to do with your name and even when you do that you must put a first and last name, without being able to add any emoticons. Keep up the good work your guys.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by CookieRevised on 11-01-2010 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MoTT
was wondering if MSG Plus! 5 will include an update so that you can customize your name with emoticons and whatnot on Windows Live Messenger 2011?
No it will not since that is not possible. The display name issue depends mostly on how the Windows Live services (which include Messenger, but consist of way more things than just Messenger) and the protocols are designed now. No addon can change that, only MS can.
RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by benzo93 on 11-02-2010 at 06:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Q8Bond007
quote:
quote:

Exactly, almost NOTHING works. I don't see the point of releasing this... I'm seeing no difference between using it before(without MP!L) and now after installing MP!L.

The reason to why they released this version was to be able to tell people when Messenger Plus! 5 comes out with full functionality... Microsoft released WLM 2011 earlier than the Messenger Plus! team expected, so they had to rush to make a version of their software to help people before they release Messenger Plus 5 which was due in December. They wanted to focus on Messenger Plus! 5 more than a version which would be worthless. So they released this one to update people with the release of Messenger Plus! 5.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by dlxro on 11-04-2010 at 05:17 AM

Oh well too bad we lost display names.

Maybe the msn plus team can make a new client using .NET so we can ditch msn essentials 2011 and make them regret their decision. AFAIK I read a post in msn forum about the display name change, because privacy and bla bla so they won't fix it, unless they see lot of users changing IM clients

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Menthix on 11-04-2010 at 09:24 AM

Even making your own client doesn't mean your contacts will see your nickname. As long as your contacts use Messenger 2011 they will still see your Windows Live Profile name.

Complaining about the change on how names are handled was still worth it during the beta, but it is final now.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by MoTT on 11-04-2010 at 09:31 AM

Oh well, I was mostly just finding out for a friend. She was quite annoyed by that since she has always had a bunny at the end of her name.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 11-04-2010 at 09:32 AM

just use AIM or Yahoo or ICQ if you want Custom Display Names that bad

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by newfiegal on 11-09-2010 at 08:10 PM

i have messenger plus when i write to someone now it shows the time beside what i wrote how can i stop that can someone help me thanx

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by matty on 11-09-2010 at 08:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by newfiegal
i have messenger plus when i write to someone now it shows the time beside what i wrote how can i stop that can someone help me thanx
It is nothing to do with Messenger Plus!. It is an option in Windows Live Messenger. Tools > Options > Messages and there should be an option related to Timestamps...
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hous3Fr3ak on 11-24-2010 at 07:29 PM

when does the new version come? whats the release day?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by matty on 11-24-2010 at 07:50 PM

There isn't a specific date. We have been told sometime in December.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by murko on 11-29-2010 at 11:18 PM

Any ideas on why I can't get the 4.90 to download? (which should be the version to ease into the v.5 as it says.....)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 11-30-2010 at 12:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by murko
Any ideas on why I can't get the 4.90 to download? (which should be the version to ease into the v.5 as it says.....)
give us a bit more info than that. what browser are you using and are you using it behind a Firefwall? Proxy?
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by murko on 11-30-2010 at 08:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Alias
quote:
give us a bit more info than that. what browser are you using and are you using it behind a Firefwall? Proxy?

Tried from 3 diofferent places. At home, At work, even the local library =)

At home FF 3.6.12 and IE8
At work FF 3.5.x and IE7
At the library... IE6 :/

Not behind any proxy home or at work. Can't speak for the library though. No real firewall @home either.

Download works far enough that it lets me say where to save the file to. The in just says "download starts" and "downloading file" but nothing happens and about 5-10 minutes later I have a timeOut!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 11-30-2010 at 08:34 AM

quote:
Tried from 3 diofferent places. At home, At work, even the local library =)

At home FF 3.6.12 and IE8
At work FF 3.5.x and IE7
At the library... IE6 :/

Not behind any proxy home or at work. Can't speak for the library though. No real firewall @home either.

Download works far enough that it lets me say where to save the file to. The in just says "download starts" and "downloading file" but nothing happens and about 5-10 minutes later I have a timeOut!

what Antivirus are you using at home? . might be that your ISP is blocking it?
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by murko on 11-30-2010 at 08:59 AM

Oh, sry. SHould have mentioned the AV aswell :)
I am using a one called Avira!

Will try temporary shut down of that!

EDIT made no difference what so ever.
Downloading via FF - Nothing happens
Downloading via IE - 3% done, telling me 35 secs left but that's it and have said the same thing over and over.

Trying to just RUN it via IE dont work either

I can download just about anything but I hit a brick wall trying this specific link it seems http://mirror10.msgpluslive.net/20101012/TB/MsgPlusLive-490.exe

Very strange

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 11-30-2010 at 09:32 AM

quote:
Oh, sry. SHould have mentioned the AV aswell :)
I am using a one called Avira!

Will try temporary shut down of that!

EDIT made no difference what so ever.
Downloading via FF - Nothing happens
Downloading via IE - 3% done, telling me 35 secs left but that's it and have said the same thing over and over.

Trying to just RUN it via IE dont work either

I can download just about anything but I hit a brick wall trying this specific link it seems http://mirror10.msgpluslive.net/20101012/TB/MsgPlusLive-490.exe

Very strange
i know this isnt really logical thing to do but what if you Search for it in say www.neowin.net and or www.betanews.com an download it from there ? will it work.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Messenger-Plus-Live/1151240522/1

test to see if that downloads, if not there's another problem
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by murko on 11-30-2010 at 09:38 AM

That link worked like a charm!
Can someone just confirm that's the original one then I would be happy =)

Thanks for your time!

still strange I wasn't "allowed" to download it from here... I have downloaded from here before, and I have not blacklisted the page in anyway AFAIK ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 11-30-2010 at 09:41 AM

Latest version: 4.90.392

BTW, if someone doesnt answer, ask Menthix, he stores the files elsewhere incase people have trouble downloading them from the official site.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by murko on 11-30-2010 at 09:47 AM

This one says: 4.90.0.392 so it looks ok!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Menthix on 11-30-2010 at 09:48 AM

http://rnd.menthix.net/mpl_mirror/MsgPlusLive-490.exe and if that one doesn't work for you either, try http://rnd.menthix.net/mpl_mirror/zipped-installe...sgPlusLive-490.zip in the past some people had problems downloading the .exe but for some reason have no problem getting the same file when it is zipped.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 11-30-2010 at 09:50 AM

quote:
http://rnd.menthix.net/mpl_mirror/MsgPlusLive-490.exe and if that one doesn't work for you either, try http://rnd.menthix.net/mpl_mirror/zipped-installe...sgPlusLive-490.zip in the past some people has problems downloading the .exe but for some reason have no problem getting the same file when it is zipped.
once its installed it'll let you know when 5 or any other updates to 4.90 is available
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by murko on 11-30-2010 at 09:50 AM

quote:
http://rnd.menthix.net/mpl_mirror/MsgPlusLive-490.exe and if that one doesn't work for you either, try http://rnd.menthix.net/mpl_mirror/zipped-installe...sgPlusLive-490.zip in the past some people has problems downloading the .exe but for some reason have no problem getting the same file when it is zipped.
Thanks Menthix. Both of them works fine for me.

I won't bother you anymore :)
Looking forward to the official 5

Have a nice day
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by devilistic on 12-06-2010 at 09:48 AM

Something I would like to know, will the new version feature the possibility of having multi messangers signed in? like the old one did? or not?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Menthix on 12-06-2010 at 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by devilistic
Something I would like to know, will the new version feature the possibility of having multi messangers signed in? like the old one did? or not?
Almost every (if not all) old Plus! features will come back to Messenger 2011 in Plus! 5.0. Sign-in with multiple accounts (polygamy) should definitely be one of those. 
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by wrongday on 12-06-2010 at 06:16 PM

Have you had a specific release date for sure? :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by matty on 12-06-2010 at 06:17 PM

All we have been told is the middle of December. That can change as the beta team hasn't started testing yet.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Lorwoo on 12-07-2010 at 11:26 AM

quote:
All we have been told is the middle of December. That can change as the beta team hasn't started testing yet.

Hope that the version 5 can be released before X'mas!
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by The-Phantom on 12-14-2010 at 07:07 PM

quote:
This new version, targeted for release in early December of this year, will...
Your early December is definitely different from my early December.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by blessedguy on 12-14-2010 at 07:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The-Phantom
quote:
This new version, targeted for release in early December of this year, will...
Your early December is definitely different from my early December.
Also, please read this:
Ah early December is here

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Nathalie on 12-15-2010 at 08:43 AM

Hi there,

The development team in Montreal is working hard on the release.  Stay tuned this spot for an update.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 12-15-2010 at 09:25 AM

quote:
Hi there,

The development team in Montreal is working hard on the release.  Stay tuned this spot for an update.
didnt Bugsbunny say something like that at the end of his show?
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Nathalie on 12-15-2010 at 09:46 AM

I think you may have meant Batman whose program ended with a narrator saying "Tune in next week.  Same bat time, same bat station".:)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by SL00 on 12-15-2010 at 10:36 AM

Hi all, new member here...

I was wondering if "Plus! 5" will modify videochat screen layout so livefeed both sent and received, won't be one on top of the other?
That's the only reason why I didn't upgrade to WLE 2011

Thanks...

:)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Spunky on 12-15-2010 at 11:05 AM

quote:
quote:
Hi there,

didnt Bugsbunny say something like that at the end of his show?

That was "That's all folks". I know Porky said it most of the time though :p

quote:
Originally posted by SL00
Hi all, new member here...

I was wondering if "Plus! 5" will modify videochat screen layout so livefeed both sent and received, won't be one on top of the other?

Thanks...

:)

I'm not quite sure how you mean, but Plus! has no way to change the layout. A skin may be able to, but it could be a lot of work depending on what needs changing
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Chris4 on 12-15-2010 at 11:14 AM

quote:
Not quite sure what you mean either... the layout, your contacts webcam on top and yours on bottom, has always been like that.
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by SL00 on 12-15-2010 at 11:30 AM

quote:
I'm not quite sure how you mean, but Plus! has no way to change the layout. A skin may be able to, but it could be a lot of work depending on what needs changing

Hi,

I mean when to choose to use video chat in WLM 2011, it shows our picture in the right ou left bottom corner (i'm not quite sure witch side is), on top of the lifefeed we're watching, covering a big part of it...
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Chris4 on 12-15-2010 at 11:42 AM

quote:
quote:

Hi,

I mean when to choose to use video chat in WLM 2011, it shows our picture in the right ou left bottom corner (i'm not quite sure witch side is), on top of the lifefeed we're watching, covering a big part of it...
Just testing video call now and I see what you mean. If you click "Open IM" (top right) during the video call it'll show the chat, then you can drag the bar to make the chat bigger.
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by SL00 on 12-15-2010 at 12:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:
quote:

Hi,

Just testing video call now and I see what you mean. If you click "Open IM" (top right) during the video call it'll show the chat, then you can drag the bar to make the chat bigger.

I Think I understood what you've said, but the livefeed pictures will always be one on top of the other right?
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hous3Fr3ak on 12-18-2010 at 12:24 PM

Release Date?

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by CookieRevised on 12-18-2010 at 12:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hous3Fr3ak
Release Date?
Please see various existing posts in this very same thread.

Starting with the original first post:
quote:
[...] targeted for release in early December of this year [...]
And various other followup posts like:
quote:
There isn't a specific date. We have been told sometime in December.

But note that these estimated schedules are just that: estimations. It can be delayed due to various reasons.
Beta testing is also not yet started, so it would be safer to say that it wont be before New Year.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by alexchaud on 12-18-2010 at 08:49 PM

waiting msgplus 5.0
i love msgplus

but i´m use
live messenger 2011

and msgplus 4.9 not compatible
colors letters

finish version 5.0 please

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by blessedguy on 12-18-2010 at 09:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alexchaud
but i´m use
live messenger 2011

and msgplus 4.9 not compatible
Please read Plus 4.9 on WLM 2011. Which features work and which ones don't
[Português: Plus! 4.9 no WLM2011. O que funciona e o que não funciona ]
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 12-18-2010 at 10:16 PM

its past " early December "  you sure they mean this year or next year :p

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Chrissy on 12-19-2010 at 01:15 AM

There's always a delay :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 12-19-2010 at 01:22 AM

who knows it might be released on Christmas day ,

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Lou on 12-19-2010 at 06:22 AM

quote:
who knows it might be released on Christmas day ,
You can safely assume that this will not be the case as testers have not received anything yet.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 12-19-2010 at 06:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lou
You can safely assume that this will not be the case as testers have not received anything yet.
man i missed you Lou.  but im pretty sure patchou has been Testing it yeah? you and many others forget, its not up to Patchou now who gets to test his work. he's only a Developer now, i would think Yuna do there own internal testing since they have planty of staff to help with testing now.  , i have said it to Menthix and i will say it to you, dont get ya Hopes up . only testing you guys will be doing more than likely is when its actually released
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Lou on 12-19-2010 at 06:30 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lou
man i missed you Lou.  but im pretty sure patchou has been Testing it yeah? you and many others forget, its not up to Patchou now who gets to test his work. he's only a Developer now, i would think Yuna do there own internal testing since they have planty of staff to help with testing now.  , i have said it to Menthix and i will say it to you, dont get ya Hopes up
Actually, Patchou does have a fair bit of say in what goes on with regards to testing. Also, just because they didn't tell you, does not mean they did not tell us (as beta testers). We are aware of what is happening with the testing, the reasons behind the delays, and will indeed be testing it before it goes public, regardless of what people outside of the loop may be assuming.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 12-19-2010 at 06:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lou
Actually, Patchou does have a fair bit of say in what goes on with regards to testing. Also, just because they didn't tell you, does not mean they did not tell us (as beta testers). We are aware of what is happening with the testing, the reasons behind the delays, and will indeed be testing it before it goes public, regardless of what people outside of the loop may be assuming.

your entitled to think that Lou. by all means,i havent seen anyone like Patch or Nathalie or any of the other Yuna staff say im wrong or even PM me for that matter. ,
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Lou on 12-19-2010 at 06:39 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lou

your entitled to think that Lou. by all means,i havent seen anyone like Patch or Nathalie or any of the other Yuna staff say im wrong or even PM me for that matter. ,
They have better things to do than monitor everything everyone says/posts.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 12-19-2010 at 06:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lou
They have better things to do than monitor everything everyone says/posts.
im sure they do, we'll findout this week , i think Nathalie did mention something someone from yuna was gonna post an update about Plus5 
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by MeEtc on 12-19-2010 at 07:37 PM

Also remember that there needs to be a translation timeframe as well. With holidays coming up, our translation team may or may not be able to do everything needed before the end of the month, even if we started today. Things take time. Would you rather have a program full of errors released in a hurry, or something well developed that takes longer?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by YottabyteWizard on 12-19-2010 at 07:46 PM

I would like to think there's still a probability of Plus 5 being released this month but seriously... 5 days for Christmas Eve and 12 for New Years Eve.... I see it impossible.... beta nor translations have started yet.

I guess this is one of the reasons no release dates or even approximates are given... there's always a delay.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Apatik on 12-19-2010 at 08:49 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lou

Then I will! There will be a beta test, rest assured of that :-)

And also, Patchou is not quite "only a developer", even though some decisions are indeed out of his hands.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 12-19-2010 at 11:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWizard
ld like to think there's still a probability of Plus 5 being released this month but seriously... 5 days for Christmas Eve and 12 for New Years Eve.... I see it impossible.... beta nor translations have started yet
dont give up yet mate.

quote:
Originally posted by Apatik
hen I will! There will be a beta test, rest assured of that :-)

And also, Patchou is not quite "only a developer", even though some decisions are indeed out o
and you have just said this now after how long have Yuna had to say something?  or is this just a "shut me up" line. , however i do believe Nathalie said it was  gonna be released early December?  no mention of a so called " beta testing from her.  lack of communication?  however im sure she stated there would be a Update posted sometime this week about it.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Apatik on 12-20-2010 at 12:00 AM

You were asking for some clarification about beta testing, I'm answering :-P

And quoting first post : "targeted for release in early December of this year", so she did say "early December", but she also said "targeted"... :-)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 12-20-2010 at 12:07 AM

fair enough, however i'll wait for this "update announcement" this week about Plus5 ,, dunno why, i dont even use Plus anymore :p

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by BrokenHeart-GR on 12-23-2010 at 05:34 PM

is version 5 comes soon  ?

is gonna come this December  or December 2011 ?  :)   

i can't wait .... hurry up guys .  pleeeeeease .....

thanks and Merry Christmas  and a Happy new Year to everyone

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Nathalie on 12-23-2010 at 06:36 PM

Update about Plus! 5 status will indeed be next week, between Christmas and New Year's.  In the meantime, happy holiday to everyone who is celebrating the holiday this weekend!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Chrissy on 12-23-2010 at 07:44 PM

We want a damn feature list..

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by blessedguy on 12-23-2010 at 07:48 PM

quote:
We want a damn feature list..
And then bug appears in a feature, it gets disabled before release for no obvious reason, angry mob starts to blame Yuna for everything dodgy in this world.
We've waited so much by now that some more days won't hurt anyone :P
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Chrissy on 12-23-2010 at 07:59 PM

Every other damn programmer or website has managed to do it for years, bloody hell I've seen feature lists out years before the program.

What kind of idiots are they?

If they had a feature list, and everyone on the net knew what was coming, much more people would wait, much more people would like and much more people will download, meaning more money for them and maybe less stupid tool-bars for us.

All they have to do is say, here's the feature list, but it may change prior to release. People needs to know that their downloading, and if they like it they will tell friends, and so on.

This way, you'll get a lot of people waiting for it. Do it your way people get fed up and just fuck off.

..and cookie I don't care what you say and I don't care how long you've been on the internet, I know I'm correct.

I can really see this release full of ads, subscriptions to extra Plus! features, sponsors, Plus! Games, Plus! Cooking, Plus! Live XXX etc etc.
The companies objective is obviously: Maximize profit, minimize work & just give us jack shit.

I know I'm not exactly loved here, but I know for a fact I have a point.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Menthix on 12-23-2010 at 08:08 PM

quote:
If they had a feature list, and everyone on the net knew what was coming, much more people would wait
No, they would be "OMG,OMG, I want feature X right now!!!! hurry up and release it!!!1111!!111one!!!"

The point of not releasing feature lists too early and not giving exact release dates is exactly to not have lot's of people impatiently waiting for it and mass refreshing the site on release day. Patchou did that before, it resulted in the server crashing minutes before release.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Chrissy on 12-23-2010 at 08:15 PM

quote:
it resulted in the server crashing minutes before release.
With all the money Yuna Software is making on tool-bars they can buy better servers.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by wta121 on 12-23-2010 at 09:35 PM

I'm sorry, Chrissy, but are you thick? Yuna Software's primary goal, whether they'll admit it or not, is to make a horde of cash. They may wish for Messenger Plus! Live to be a good piece of software with a large community, but that will never be their primary interest.

The reason Yuna bundles toolbars (no hyphen) is so that they can make that money without alienating a community that lives in the time of freeware. They'll buy servers when they have enough money from advertising and toolbars to make themselves rich while being able to afford to spend.

Of course, there is no problem with this. It's plain, simple, capitalism. I also agree with Menthix in that I'd rather speculate wildly with no solid information than be stampeded by a hundred excessively excitable teenagers who haven't figured out why Google is trying to kill the Caps Lock key.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 12-23-2010 at 09:50 PM

quote:

The point of not releasing feature lists too early and not giving exact release dates is exactly to not have lot's of people impatiently waiting for it and mass refreshing the site on release day. Patchou did that before, it resulted in the server crashing minutes before release.
doesnt stop Opensource Linux Distributions from releasing there Feature list early.  just means some features may not make it into the release if there not ready. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/15/FeatureList More to go in there yet.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Menthix on 12-23-2010 at 10:31 PM

quote:
doesnt stop Opensource Linux Distributions from releasing there Feature list early.
Plus! is not an open source project. The nature of open source projects more or less forces them to release such lists early since essentially everyone can commit code to it so people have a need to know roadmaps.

And I'm sure there are closed source projects publishing roadmaps and giving early peaks too. Again, those are not Plus. I just don't understand why this is suddenly an issue. If a feature list or some kind of sneak peak does get released before the actual software release, fine. But what is the point in demanding this and calling people idiots if they don't. Have some patience and some decency.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 12-23-2010 at 11:04 PM

quote:
Plus! is not an open source project. The nature of open source projects more or less forces them to release such lists early since essentially everyone can commit code to it so people have a need to know roadmaps.
you miss the point Menthix.  whether its opensource or not they can release the feature list early . it doesnt force them at all. the only people that need to know are the actual Developers , they release the feature list so the general users can test the features to see if there ready for that Release or not.
quote:
And I'm sure there are closed source projects publishing roadmaps and giving early peaks too. Again, those are not Plus. I just don't understand why this is suddenly an issue. If a feature list or some kind of sneak peak does get released before the actual software release, fine. But what is the point in demanding this and calling people idiots if they don't. Have some patience and some decency.
as  i said above, it would probably help Yuna if the public knew before hand so there users could test these features after or prior to release.  ( face it, we all know stuff gets leaked )
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 12-25-2010 at 03:27 AM

quote:
I know I'm not exactly loved here
i love you Chrissy

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by CookieRevised on 12-25-2010 at 03:38 AM

lol, just lol...

yeah, lets release a feature list for the sole reason that common people can start to test out the upcomming features of a NOT YET released product...

...some people and their logic :rolleyes:  [major facepalm]

quote:
What kind of idiots are they?
far less idiotic than you so it seems
quote:
I know I'm correct.
yep, absolutely.

------

And for the record, it might still be possible they will release a partial feature list before the actual release. Plus!5 isn't yet released, and it isn't going to be released tomorrow you know, so just wait and see what will happen. But the fact is they don't do it for now, maybe later, who knows. But bitching about it like little children wont help anyone. Nor is comparing Plus! with any other software. In fact, for each product you come up with where they release a feature list before the release I can probably sum up 10 other products where they don't. Oh, and another fact, if you take your heads out of your asses and read around a bit with some common sense, you already know like more than 50% of the features. Plus!5 is not going to have just only new things and dishing every existing feature, it will probably contain most if not all of the stuff Plus!4 had. So there, you have your feature list. That's plain logic. But why bother anyways, no matter what they will do or say you'll always find something to bitch about as that is very clearly all you two can, all you want and thus all you do lately. No, it is not healthy critizing or asking questions what you do, it is plain simply bitching and trolling just because you can. It's getting really old, pathetic and your credibility sinks lower and lower with each attempt to the point that no-one will take your serious anymore, even if you had a valid point for a rare change.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 12-25-2010 at 03:56 AM

quote:
Update about Plus! 5 status will indeed be next week, between Christmas and New Year's.  In the meantime, happy holiday to everyone who is celebrating the holiday this weekend!
Nathalie

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by YottabyteWizard on 12-25-2010 at 04:03 AM

Epic post by Nathalie. And oh man, I just love Cookie's replies :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by olivex on 12-26-2010 at 02:30 AM

When indeed will 5 be out?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Hank on 12-26-2010 at 02:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by olivex
When indeed will 5 be out?
that answer was said in page12 by " Nathalie" , i also quoted what she said..  have a look on page13 on my Quote from her in Bold
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by xyes on 12-28-2010 at 11:38 AM

quote:
Really? Between Christmas & New Year? That'd be a nice gift. I hope to see pen/ink input to be added back to WLM by MsgPlus!Live.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by CookieRevised on 12-28-2010 at 12:12 PM

xyes,

I'm afraid you misunderstood. Nathalie didn't say Plus! will be released between Christmas and New Year. She said a status update will be given between Christmas and New Year, aka a bit more up-to-date info regarding the development and very maybe a new targetted release date.

;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by boomy2008 on 12-28-2010 at 10:55 PM

Well Messenger Plus Team should be fast... I mean it has been almost 5 months since the release of Windows Live Messenger 2011 and Beta Release for 2012 should probably be around second quarter of 2012. Then we won't be able to use Plus again... Plus Team is working way too slow...

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by CookieRevised on 12-28-2010 at 11:19 PM

Windows Live Messenger 2011 was released end September (beta was available since mid June - but a lot has changed internally since then). So, that is roughly 3 months since the public release till now. Also note that Windows Live Messenger was released way sooner than what was expected. The Messenger Plus! team has been working in overdrive since then...

Note that it is not just about making Plus! compatible by applying some tweaks, this is not just a simple update like previous versions were. And on top of that, there are a whole bunch of other things they need to do besides the software itself. It is a complete overhaul of the software, website, services, etc. And don't forget that the department responsible for Plus! (=the current team of programmers who _first_ had to learn how Plus! was made; they never worked on it before) was only founded in June or something too....

And then you may not forget everything must be tested and translated.

Considering all of this, they are doing a good job, and as fast as humanly possible.
Better a delayed product than a half-arsed rushed one.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5 by Nathalie on 12-29-2010 at 06:07 PM

quote:
Nathalie didn't say Plus! will be released between Christmas and New Year. She said a status update will be given between Christmas and New Year, aka a bit more up-to-date info regarding the development and very maybe a new targetted release date.

That's correct.  I was referring to the update, not the General Release itself.  Here it is:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=96194