What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Moved to a new computer, WLM is a mess.

Moved to a new computer, WLM is a mess.
Author: Message:
Yuyuko

O.P. Moved to a new computer, WLM is a mess.
EDIT: I managed to get a working link now and managed to run Plus! with Messenger Reviver. Everything is fine!

Hello, I have a potentially tricky problem on my hands.

You see, today I transferred all my data from a failing computer to this new one and started reinstalling everything, but obviously, Windows Live Messenger was going to give me trouble.

What happens is that I downloaded WLM (2009 version, same one I had in my old computer since I used the compatibility trick to avoid the forced update) and it runs fine as long as I do set the compatibility to Windows XP or earlier, but when I downloaded Plus!, it reverts to trying to force me to update, even if I try to do that trick again.

So basically I can't use Plus! Without WLM wanting to update, possibly even moving me to Skype against my will. I don't know why this happens since I could use Plus! with that version of WLM just fine in my older computer.

I still have that computer and everything in the HD is there, in case anything can be moved over to solve this. I don't know.

This post was edited on 06-16-2013 at 04:20 AM by Yuyuko.
06-15-2013 08:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Moved to a new computer, WLM is a mess.
Try Messenger Reviver.
06-15-2013 08:42 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Yuyuko

O.P. RE: Moved to a new computer, WLM is a mess.
None of the Reviver download links there are working for me. I tried the zipped version too.
06-15-2013 09:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: