What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » New translation

New translation
Author: Message:
tttommeke

msnplus lover

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Translator
im making a Vlaamse version (dutch but from belgium and been maked by a vlamish peep
02-29-2004 03:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: New translation
This will not be in the official release of Plus! because it is seen as a dialect... This has been discussed intensively before, so I'm not going to start it again, you can search for the threads if you want thought.

Some things you may want to know/do:

The current dutch translation is already in proper dutch for people from the Netherlands as well as for people from Belgium. We've put enormeous effort in it to make the translation not typical Dutch nor typical Flemish. But, if you do find some translations not correct, then please report them here, so they can be corrected.

I doubt, there will be a big differences between the current translation and a typical Flemish version, except for some typical used words in Belgium.

Be consequent in your translation. When you use "je" , don't use "u" or even "U" in another sentence for example. This also goes for window and panel titles for example.

Bare in mind that space is often limited to show the translation.

You must know Plus! very well to know what each function exactly does. Although you'll get a hint from the english translation (or the current dutch one).

Don't forget things to translate, use Choli's Translator Application to aid you in that.

Also, read this document first: http://files.msgplus.net/data/TranslationGuidelines.doc

But if you want to make a typical Flemish version, then do so by all means.

PS: I myself am a guy from Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium ;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-29-2004 06:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
red3vil

The dutch in a rush.

– / Male / –
RE: New translation
ale he, goed idee
-=was volgens mij al in een andere thread als idee genoemd, goed werk in ieder geval=-

RedWhiteBlue
      pride
03-24-2004 08:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: