What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » microsoft visual c++ Runtime Library ??

microsoft visual c++ Runtime Library ??
Author: Message:
Hapi2knowu

I Just Adore this Site!

– / Female / –
O.P. microsoft visual c++ Runtime Library ??
I have had msgr and plus for sometime .. i have msn software and resently i was told to crt sft F7, after doin this msgr imported my contacts from my hotmail groups in my contacts and since i dont have same groups as I do in my msgr lot of my contacts were doubled I have no problem moving them to different groups just when i delete them either right clickings or from contact manager

when ever i try to delete a contact I get this:

microsolf visual c++ runtime library
Prog. C/prog files/msnmessenger/msnmsgr.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. please contact the applications support team for more information

and then msgr closes automatically
will not reopen it just clocks ... cause me to reboot and before computer will restart I get a close program box "DDE Server" wanting me to end task  I NEVER SAW THIS BEFORE EITHER

why has this happen and what  do I do to fix this :'([/color]
I just ran the dl from the website hoping that would repair it but that did not help

p.s I saw a post simular to this C++  talkin about Imsecure
I do have the free zone alarm but I had no trouble before and I've also been running zone alarm for sometime.

This post was edited on 03-08-2004 at 09:04 AM by Hapi2knowu.
:type:  Be  Hapi  Now!  :deal:
03-08-2004 08:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Hapi2knowu

I Just Adore this Site!

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: microsoft visual c++ Runtime Library ??
before I crt sft F7, i did install Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1

I have win 98
:type:  Be  Hapi  Now!  :deal:
03-08-2004 09:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: microsoft visual c++ Runtime Library ??
1. What does Ctrl-Shift-F7 do then?
2. Have you tried re-installing both Messenger and Plus!?
[Image: spartaafk.png]
03-08-2004 06:25 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Hah

Im in a good mood - take advantage!

37 / Male / –
RE: microsoft visual c++ Runtime Library ??
quote:
Originally posted by Hapi2knowu
I have had msgr and plus for sometime .. i have msn software and resently i was told to crt sft F7, after doin this msgr imported my contacts from my hotmail groups in my contacts and since i dont have same groups as I do in my msgr lot of my contacts were doubled I have no problem moving them to different groups just when i delete them either right clickings or from contact manager

when ever i try to delete a contact I get this:

microsolf visual c++ runtime library
Prog. C/prog files/msnmessenger/msnmsgr.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. please contact the applications support team for more information

and then msgr closes automatically
will not reopen it just clocks ... cause me to reboot and before computer will restart I get a close program box "DDE Server" wanting me to end task  I NEVER SAW THIS BEFORE EITHER

why has this happen and what  do I do to fix this :'([/color]
I just ran the dl from the website hoping that would repair it but that did not help

p.s I saw a post simular to this C++  talkin about Imsecure
I do have the free zone alarm but I had no trouble before and I've also been running zone alarm for sometime.

This does not sound like a problem with msg plus! 2. It just looks like a bug in Messengers handling of this Ctrl + Shift + F7 routine you speak off.

These steps might fix the problem:

1.) Completely Uninstall Plus!, including deleting the main directory after uninstallation
2.) Completely Uninstall Messenger, again including deleting the main directory after uninstallation.
3.) Download both MSN Messenger and Plus! freshly to completely seperate files as other downloaded versions from the official download sites only.
4.) Install MSN Messenger first using the normal method.
5.) Install Plus! just like usual, dont forget to read the terms of the sponsor.
6.) Plus!'s install should have run MSN for you, try now deleting your contacts.

If this fails, its either a protocol problem or your passport account has some how become corrupted. Try using Windows Messenger as it may handle deletion differently.

Hope any of that helps, dont hold me accountable for any of the information above.

Hah
This post was brought to you by Hah!
(and he takes no responsibility for it :p)

[Image: signatures.jpg]

{Current Web Site}
03-08-2004 10:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: