What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » is this yours

is this yours
Author: Message:
Robin

Hi

34 / Male / –
O.P. Dodgy  is this yours
I've installed MSN + 5 minutes ago, now i have ''kind cast" installed :@ Is this your responsibility? Because you can better say how to uninstall it! (N)(N)(N)(N)(N)
03-25-2004 07:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: is this yours
Dear Robin,

You seem to have installed the sponsor program by mistake: you selected I ACCEPT, install the sponsor in the installation program - most likely accidentally, without reading correctly. You can uninstall it easily by reading and following the instructions as given in http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598. If you follow those instructions exactly as given, you will have no more ads left.
Remember that you should close as much open programs as possible, and you have to close all open browser windows in order for this to work.

The sponsor program has been added to let Patchou (the creator of the program) continue to work at Messenger Plus! daily; he has no full time job, but spends almost all his time programming Messenger Plus!. If you have a better idea on how to make money, please tell him; he really wants to know.

After uninstalling, please install Messenger Plus! again without the sponsor program; you will then be able to use the wonderful new functions Plus! has to offer you, without the annoyances you are talking about. :)
03-25-2004 07:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Also, it is MSG Plus, not MSN Plus. MSN Plus is an entirly different sofware made by Microsoft.

Then... You've installed the OPTIONAL sponsor. You had a choice when you installed Plus to install the sponsor or not to install the sponsor in this screen:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=218895]

To remove it, simply uninstall Plus!. Detailed instructions can be found here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598

.jpg File Attachment: sponsor_install.jpg (34.19 KB)
This file has been downloaded 640 time(s).

This post was edited on 03-25-2004 at 08:00 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-25-2004 07:57 PM
Robin

Hi

34 / Male / –
O.P. RE: is this yours
I think you chould be giving better info about what that sponsor is
03-25-2004 08:00 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Very detailed info is given in the sponsor agreement (see screenshot in previous post)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-25-2004 08:01 PM
Robin

Hi

34 / Male / –
O.P. RE: is this yours
oke, this can be closed ;)
03-25-2004 08:02 PM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I think you chould be giving better info about what that sponsor is
The screenshot CookieRevised posted shows exactly what is said about the sponsor program during installation.

We're very sorry that you installed this by mistake, but Patchou feels (and I agree) that he cannot make it any more clear. There just is a sponsor program, this agreement has to be shown, and personally, I think this agreement is clear enough: it shows "sponsor program" and "sponsor agreement" multiple times :-/

The sponsor program is a package from LOP.com - and although many people know LOP.com as an agressive 'spyware' company, the package that comes bundled with Messenger Plus! is nothing like that. Basically, the main things it does is showing some ads from ime to time and adding a search bari in Internet Explorer.

If you still have questions, just post them here :)
03-25-2004 08:03 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: