What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Personilized Status Deactivate Itself

Personilized Status Deactivate Itself
Author: Message:
Eagle

58 / Male / Flag
O.P. Personilized Status Deactivate Itself
Hi :D
This bug appened to me 3 times in the past mounth, 2 times with MSN Messenger 6.1 (6.1.0211) and Plus 2.54.74, and the last time this night with MSN Messenger 6.2 (6.2.0133) (Official French Version) and Plus! 2.54.75.

At 01:54:27 (Est coast Canada And U.S) activated personilized status with personilized message.
At 02:19:47 (Est coast Canada And U.S) it deactivated by it self.

MSN Messenger did not do some maintenance cause it dident sign out during the night, it just deactivated it self.

I have no ideal wath causes that. Every thing else work's fine.

Windows XP Home ''French'' (All Updates Installed)
Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106 xpsp2.030422-1633
(All Updates Installed)
MSN Messenger 6.2 (6.2.0133) (Official French Version)
Messenger Plus! 2.54.75 (French installation, No sponcor)

04-27-2004 10:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Personilized Status Deactivate Itself
I've tried many ways to re-create this problem; obviously so its easier for Patchou to fix.

Does this just happen now and again, or could you re-create the bug?

(Version stuff as above apart from plus!3 beta)
04-27-2004 11:44 PM
Eagle

58 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Personilized Status Deactivate Itself
Thank's johnny_mac (Y)
Nop cannot recreate the bug cause it appen's rendomly for no perticular reasons, it appened before but i dident report it cause 6.2 and 2.54.75 was about to come out. Sorry don't have no more infos to give.
Wok up this morning and the personilized status was deactiveted. but was steel on line. i cheked the event logs that's where  i got the hours of the bug appening and dident sign out diring the night too, it just deactivate it self. but it always appene's durring the night. never during the day when i'm in front the computer 8o|
Oupssss sorry ... it appened about 3 times in the past mounth.

This post was edited on 04-28-2004 at 12:02 AM by Eagle.
04-28-2004 12:00 AM
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
So just summing up from what you said long periods of inactivity seem to be when this happens.

When suffering MSN downtime does your Plus! events always record the information? From past experience my event log hasnt always recorded when ive been d/c'd from either my network/router or even MSN as I have automatic login enabled. So it passes without me noticing it. This hasnt always been recorded in the event log for me, I cannot say this for anyone else.

It would be interesting to find out if this is the case in your situation, as its a random uncommon problem happening during long periods of inactivity.

Sorry I can't add any further advice, but maybe a bit of testing to see if all 'log-outs' are actually recorded?

Johnny. :P
04-28-2004 12:07 AM
Eagle

58 / Male / Flag
Thank's Johnny (Y)
Well a perriod of about an 1/2 hour in between the time i set the personilized status and the time it deactivated it self, the other times the time linght in between was never the same,, dident have anny instant message or new e-mail comming in durring this 1/2 hour, and in my event logs it says that the MSN Messenger dident sign out, closed, or annything else just contacts signin in and out.
And if the connection or router stoped it would show up in the event logs, i suppose.
This is my current settings.
In plus! /preference/divers = Changer le statut apres une certaine periode d'inactivité (Not Checked)
                                              (Change status after a certain period of inactivity, Not Cheked)
                                           = Affichez la fenetre de recuperation quand plus! est inactif (Cheked)
                                              (Show recuparation window when plus! is inactive, Cheked
                                           = Forcer plus! a se charger lors du demarrage de l'ordinateur (Not Cheked)
                                              (Force Plus! to load at start up, Not Cheked)

This post was edited on 04-28-2004 at 01:10 AM by Eagle.
04-28-2004 12:52 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Hum... I've changed some things there in Messenger Plus! 3.. let me knwo if the next update fixes your problem :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-28-2004 01:24 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Eagle

58 / Male / Flag
OK Thank's Patchou (Y)
If it appen's after the Plus!3 update i'll post a tread.
04-28-2004 01:38 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: