What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus! doesn't work at all.

Messenger Plus! doesn't work at all.
Author: Message:
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. Messenger Plus! doesn't work at all.
Good day,

Today when I got home from school I went onto #msgplus and, at the time of posting, 2 people (today) have asked the same question/described the same problem. This isn't the first time it's been asked but I'm clueless as to the cause, it may be that I'm tired and have a lot of work to do, it could be that I'm busy as hell, it could be that I can't be bothered (hopefully not, seeing as I volunteer to help in #msgplus) or maybe it's because I simply don't know the answer. Regardless of the cause of my cluelessness, I need your help.

It seems Messenger Plus! is incompatible with people's setups.

1) One person had Windows XP Professional, MSN Messenger 6.2 AND Messenger Plus! 2.54.75

2) Another person had Windows XP Home, MSN Messenger 6.2 AND Messenger Plus! 2.54.75

For both scenarios Messenger Plus! refused to run. A compatibility error appeared in the Plus! menu (as it's usually supposed to do). However, regardless of what I've suggested:

1) Reinstall MSN Messenger and Messenger Plus!

2) FULL Reinstall of MSN Messenger (removing everything to do with MSN Messenger before installing MSN Messenger again) and reinstall of Messenger Plus!

None of them worked. Messenger Plus! is still incompatible.

I ask for your advice, help and possible solutions though I can't test them at this time (because my MSN Messenger and Messenger Plus! work just fine, not to mention I'm running Messenger Plus! 3), any help for further support in #msgplus is appreciated.

Thank you,
EvilSeph.

P.S. Regarding the location of this post, it concerns MSN Messenger and Messenger Plus! therefore I was uncertain as to where it should go. My sincere apologies if it's in the wrong forum, please move it if you can :).
05-10-2004 08:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: