What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
Author: Message:
Greenboy^

msnfanatic admin

RE: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
Please don't try and undermine what's happening on these forums just because of your own personal feelings towards me Doggie ;) = Lame.

If you'd bothered to read the topic properly, the posts I made were not about the TOS primarily but as a gesture.

I'm entirely away that every forum has different rules and different ways of enforcing them, as I said in my previous post. However, as Psyko and Evilseph have both pointed out - the rules are clear, and the strict adhersion to them.

Anyway, this in itself is a side issue. The point is that we need to, as admins/mods of both sites be active in promoting civility between the forums - and stopping abuse as soon as it starts.

Agreed.?
(as Seph said)

And Chris: Thans for resetting the pass, my BNC will have caught the msgs on irc

Greetz

This post was edited on 05-27-2004 at 10:29 AM by Greenboy^.
05-27-2004 10:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
quote:
Originally posted by Greenboy^
Anyway, this in itself is a side issue. The point is that we need to, as admins/mods of both sites be active in promoting civility between the forums - and stopping abuse as soon as it starts.

I do seem to recall YOU being theone who brought up the issue over at msnfanatic....... bit hypricitcal if you ask me........ :S
05-27-2004 11:00 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
Not to flare this up again but if you want me to be punished then I could well demand the same for you. Like I have said my comments were made in regard to the treatment i recieved on irc. However it seems GrennBoy is willing to leave it alone and I was welcomed very nicely on msnfanatic.
05-27-2004 11:15 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
doggie

The MSN Llama

38 / Male / –
thats because he was told to shut his mouth most likely:-#
05-27-2004 11:43 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I think that everything is said by now...
I also think that we all agree that we must get along, everybody makes mistakes, and we all can learn from them. The past is the past...
Don't open old wounds, even if they left a scar ;)

Although both forums are different with different rules, we share the same purpose... I'm also dreaming of a happy joined community, like many others, so let's make that dream come true ;)

cheers
[Image: beer1.gif]

This post was edited on 05-27-2004 at 01:51 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-27-2004 01:36 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

i just wanted to express myself about this 'war' going on. i'm going to get comments that's for sure

i think both sides were wrong.

msnfanatic: Patchou was stupid developing an add-on, then adding spyware so that hen got money for noobs etc. All the msgplus members are noobs etc. - patchou did what all developers would do with a free add-on. let's just face it. oh and not everyone is a noob (which means for me, a beginner in informatics, or just a home user). i'm just taking someone i know a little bit: cookierevised. comparing the average msnfanatic member to cookie for who's the most noobish, it's the average msnfanatic member.

messenger plus! forums: msnfanatic are lamers. they think they're 1337 super computer users and we hail patchou. - Well, first of all, msnfanatic are not lamers. you have to face it: there are lots of little script kiddies/hackers of 13 years old who misuse messenger plus! and stop taking sarcasm too seriously. Other thing: "I found this rather amusing" is a great joke, if you understand it and if you don't have anything against GB. For the source code :  come one patchou, doggie asking if you will release anything (that source code) is perfectly normal. Imagine: a little 11-year old 1337 programmer comes and asks you if you have some code for him. You'd kindly say no. Now doggie asks it, and now you're sad.

About the tos sh*t: let's not get into the rules, everyone made a mistake, and at msnfanatic we did what we could. i believe kaos has been warned for spamming (in the msgplus threads ;) ). And now he's banned for misbehaving.

Even if i'm nor mod nor admin at msnfanatic, i believe i do represent a small part of that community.
05-28-2004 05:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
messenger plus! forums: msnfanatic are lamers. they think they're 1337 super computer users and we hail patchou. - Well, first of all, msnfanatic are not lamers. you have to face it: there are lots of little script kiddies/hackers of 13 years old who misuse messenger plus! and stop taking sarcasm too seriously. Other thing: "I found this rather amusing" is a great joke, if you understand it and if you don't have anything against GB. For the source code :  come one patchou, doggie asking if you will release anything (that source code) is perfectly normal. Imagine: a little 11-year old 1337 programmer comes and asks you if you have some code for him. You'd kindly say no. Now doggie asks it, and now you're sad.

tbh, you cannot make that kind of generalization.
Most of us do NOT think that way imo.
Likewise, I think you cannot do the same thing for msnfanatic.

This post was edited on 05-28-2004 at 05:30 PM by Weyzza.
Registered 7640 days, 35 minutes, 37 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

05-28-2004 05:29 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

I was saying we were both wrong, as it wasn't general, nor on msgplus, nor on msnfanatic - they have too many members for that.

oh and btw, i read both sides, and i'm not ant-plus!, if that's the feeling you get.
05-28-2004 05:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Still goin on about it, stop it! Let bygone's be bygone's.

I think this thread should be removed now!!! Mods!!!

BTW i expect that the flaming stuff will be removed on MSN Fanatic too, come on guys let's keep the peace. Greenboy?

This post was edited on 05-28-2004 at 05:51 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-28-2004 05:39 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Millenium_edition speaks wisely. Why starting another war? I've not read all the posts on this thread but still Greenboy, you have to admit that your thread about "msn plus" on msnfanatic was really unnecessary... I don't know if it was your let's-hate-Plus week but I can understand why some people didn't like it as I myself was surprised that you suddently start dissing my soft in half of your posts.

Anyway, let's be nice with each other, people have the right not to like a software, with or without a reason, and developping Plus! taught me that the hard way: you can't make everyone happy :).

Thread closed, if you have something to add, just create another thread :).

EDIT: I've read the end of your post Millenium and I have no idea what you're talking about when you mention code sharing and doggie. For the record: I'm not sad about anything related to my code :p.

This post was edited on 05-29-2004 at 05:00 AM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-29-2004 04:56 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: