What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Advertisement Banner Problem !!!

Advertisement Banner Problem !!!
Author: Message:
pHx

– / Male / –
O.P. Shocked  Advertisement Banner Problem !!!
I'm using Messenger for 3 years and Plus for ages :P

But from the day I've downloaded the Messenger version 6.2.0133, I faced with the advertisement banner. I checked my Plus settings, "hide advertisement banner" box was ticked but at the messenger main window the ad's were still flashing.

Today I've downloaded the new Plus3  but the problem still stays the same.
8o|
Are there any instant suggestions ? *-)
05-23-2004 10:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
banky

Fwee

34 / Male / –
RE: Advertisement Banner Problem !!!
get Msn Messenger  6.2 X from www.mess.be.com it will  automatically get rid of it.
05-23-2004 11:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
pHx

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Advertisement Banner Problem !!!
but why does this god damn 6.2.0133's banners can not be removed by plus ?

If that version is not supported why doesn't plus! mention this?
05-23-2004 11:08 PM
banky

Fwee

34 / Male / –
idk but did u try to restart ur comp
05-23-2004 11:12 PM
kao
Veteran Member

boring

37 / Male / Flag
Make sure you have the latest version of Messenger Plus! (3.00.92) from www.msgplus.net

There is no compatability issues with MSN Messenger 6.2.0133 and Messenger Plus! 2.54.75 and above.

EDIT: by the way, open the Contact List, click Plus! > Preferences and go to  Contact List on the left, then make sure "Hide the advertisement banne" option is turned on ;)

This post was edited on 05-23-2004 at 11:15 PM by kao.
05-23-2004 11:13 PM
Luke_Lamont

Mr.Knowitall

:)Your server is most likely corrupted by a firewall or some other section of a destructive database.You'll need to find the .exe properties of the desired messenger,find compatibility then a scroll down menu will show pop-ups for messenger depending on what version your using...The name of the banner that keeps popping up will be enclosed in that menu,Just right click and delete it.
05-23-2004 11:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
pHx

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Advertisement Banner Problem !!!
quote:
Originally posted by Kao
Make sure you have the latest version of Messenger Plus! (3.00.92) from www.msgplus.net

There is no compatability issues with MSN Messenger 6.2.0133 and Messenger Plus! 2.54.75 and above.

EDIT: by the way, open the Contact List, click Plus! > Preferences and go to  Contact List on the left, then make sure "Hide the advertisement banne" option is turned on ;)

Firstly, thank you for your 'instant' interest...

I'm sure that I've downloaded the messenger plus! (3.00.92) and I checked, it's fully working except removing the banner.

I've booted up the system but it stays the same.

Let me tell you what exactly happens, when I empty- tick applied and tick back (applied + closed + opened )  the "hide ad banner" combo box @the settings for 20 or 30 seconds the banner disappears but after a while it gets back ...  The banner comes back but there is a difference, the corner borders of the banner disappeared but this time, banner is still floating at the bottom of the messenger without borders.
05-23-2004 11:23 PM
pHx

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Advertisement Banner Problem !!!
quote:
Originally posted by Luke_Lamont
:)Your server is most likely corrupted by a firewall or some other section of a destructive database.You'll need to find the .exe properties of the desired messenger,find compatibility then a scroll down menu will show pop-ups for messenger depending on what version your using...The name of the banner that keeps popping up will be enclosed in that menu,Just right click and delete it.

I found the msnmsgr.exe of messenger, compatibility ... but what scroll down menu ?  the only scroll down menu at that window is:  "run this prg in compatibility for ... " at that one doesn't make any sense... ? :^)
05-23-2004 11:29 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: