What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Not Remembering Window Position

Not Remembering Window Position
Author: Message:
nynfortoo

Shattered

39 / Male / –
O.P. Not Remembering Window Position
Hi...

With the new msg+3, whenever I start msn, the window position of the contact list is not remembered. With the old version (2.something), I had the contact list docked to the right side of the screen, and everything was remembered and stored when I re-opened MSN. However with 3.x, this is not the case.

I have tried closing MSN to the systray, then exiting from there; I have tried exiting while the contact list has been open; and I have tried closing to the systray then re-opening, and then exiting... But to no avail. I have also tried a re-install of msg+, again to no avail.

I couldn't see any options in the preferences to remember the window position of anything, and so am posting here for help :)

If anyone can help me get it working again, I'd really appreciate it.

And on a slightly related note... is there any way to get msn to remember the window position of chat windows?

05-24-2004 02:20 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: Not Remembering Window Position
quote:
Originally posted by nynfortoo
And on a slightly related note... is there any way to get msn to remember the window position of chat windows?
remembering the position of those windows as well as for the contact list window is done by messenger, not by plus, and it's done automaticaly... so it's suppossed you don't  have to do anything to make it work.

My suggestion about your problem is this:
  1. uninstall messenger plus, without keeping your settings.
  2. restart the computer.
  3. start messenger, and place the contact list window somewhere in the screen; without it being minimized nor maximized (nor docked).
  4. close messenger (completly, from the icon) and restart it again.
  5. if the contact list window is in the place where you put it, install plus again. goto step 7
  6. if the contact list window doesn't remember its position, unistall messenger, reboot and install it again. go to step 3.
  7. the problem should be solved now. if it isn't still solved, ask us again.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-24-2004 02:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
nynfortoo

Shattered

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Not Remembering Window Position
Hi. Sorry about the late reply, but I haven't been able to get online for a while.

The method you posted worked a treat. Thankyou very much :)
06-19-2004 03:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: